Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim (7874 Views)

Dave Umahi Is A Deacon In Christ Embsay / 9th Assembly: Court Adjourns Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Speakership Race / Plaintiff Withdraws Suit To Stop Gbajabiamila From Contesting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by duro4chang(m): 12:07pm On Aug 01, 2020
jumper524:
yea that why ipob say Biafra yesterday, IBO presidency today, atiku or nothing tomorrow.

which way my brother?
They are the most confused set of people. They don't know what they want. Always blaming other people for their failure.
Disunited and disorganized people
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by WizzyVine: 12:10pm On Aug 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Stop deceiving yourself young man. Christianity is a recent event in yorubaland.

They were once originally all Muslims. Many argued it wasn't true but gbaja statement is also testament to my research

Stop making a mockery of yourself. Yorubas were idol worshippers as all Africans before Islam was forced on them. The forceful introduction of Islam upon the pain of death, made the Yorubas call it "Imọle".

If your forefathers had a choice, they would never have become Muslims.

That a certain religion was first to reach a place makes it the saving religion?

Listen:

Religion does not save. There are many worshippers in hell.

Christianity does not save. There are many Christians in hell.

Islam does not save. There are many Muslims in hell.

Pastors don't save, there are many pastors in hell.

Imams don't save, there are many Imams in hell.

No religion saves.

Only the Messaih saves. Messaih means, 'the One anointed to save.'

The Quran calls Him the Messaih. Quran 3:45.

The Bible calls Him the Messaih. Mark 1:1.

Jesus is the Messaih (Called 'Christ' in Greek).

Only Jesus saves.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Psalmy2cute(m): 12:15pm On Aug 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

self styled Christian are using to ploy to deceive true Christians who thinks they are all same...

last time I checked the teaching of Islam are same everywhere.
if the teaching of Islam is thesame everywhere.. how come we have so many Islamic terrorists groups.. killing muslims mostly fellow Muslim.. stop fooling yourself
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by frankyychiji(f): 12:16pm On Aug 01, 2020
Sammy07:

I ate ram yesterday, ate one this morning and I'll eat on Monday by the special grace of God. cool

Is there no penticoastals churches in Igbo land?
If yes, why did they accepted them?
This is not a tribal issue. In Igboland, these concerns are not there because of the negligible number of mooslims. The problem is as I see it. I don't care about religion that much anymore. Yesterday, I ate sallah ram and I will eat up the remaining today.
These Pentecostal pastors started sowing these fears and doubts in the minds of their followers. The last time I ate before now was seven years ago.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Dedetwo(m): 12:17pm On Aug 01, 2020
Since the migration of Yari.ba alongside the Fulani to the northwest and north central of Nigeria before their eviction from north central to southwest of Nigeria by their neighbors, Islam has always being the choice religion of the Yari.ba peeps.

1 Like

Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by ofeco: 12:20pm On Aug 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Fake Christianity: Gbajabiamila from a deacon to a Muslim.

Speaker Gbajabiamila converted to Muslim in 2019

His reason was simple that his fore- father's(Ancestors) where originally Muslims.

That validates my earlier submission that Christianity was alien to south west and Yorubas.

The original religion known to Yorubas all through history was Islam and that explains why Muslims are still in majority in South West roughly around 69.4%..

If Christianity currently booms in west, then it is a recent event and not as old as many thinks.
How does the conversion affect the price of goods in our markets?
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Sammy07: 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2020
frankyychiji:
This is not a tribal issue. In Igboland, these concerns are not there because of the negligible number of mooslims. The problem is as I see it. I don't care about religion that much anymore. Yesterday, I ate sallah ram and I will eat up the remaining today.
These Pentecostal pastors started sowing these fears and doubts in the minds of their followers. The last time I ate before now was seven years ago.

Well, it's choice.
Even if they plant it.
It's your choice.

My dad doesn't eat it, the rest of us are eating it.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by frankyychiji(f): 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2020
Sammy07:

Well, it's choice.
Even if they plant it.
It's your choice.

My dad doesn't eat it, the rest of us are eating it.
Even if they plant it, it's your choice...

Religion is the opium of the people.

Just make sure you don't OD cos if you do, you won't have a choice.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 01, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

if the teaching of Islam is thesame everywhere.. how come we have so many Islamic terrorists groups.. killing muslims mostly fellow Muslim.. stop fooling yourself

they only ran out of who to slaughter and resort to themselves.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 01, 2020
frankyychiji:
Those denominations are the problems of Christianity.

They are the reason why we have people known as yoruba mooslims and yoruba Christian's today.

They brought more division than unity.

They are the reason most people didn't accept Ram meat dishes from their neighbors yesterday, something that they hitherto enjoyed without prejudice.

and so I hold.

1 Like

Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Truthisit: 1:36pm On Aug 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Stop deceiving yourself young man. Christianity is a recent event in yorubaland.

They were once originally all Muslims. Many argued it wasn't true but gbaja statement is also testament to my research
You keep screaming about what you know little about. Small brains and little mind are disaster to any human.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by frankyychiji(f): 1:38pm On Aug 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

and so I hold.
But we welcomed them then with open hands thinking they were the Messiah.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by gotnel: 2:20pm On Aug 01, 2020
Religion is a personal thing that everyone is allowed to choose how he or she wants to worship.
No religion is superior to another.
It's left to every worshippers to know what is good for him or her.
Those who don't worship are also not missing out, it is their wish and will.
No one will stand for another on the day of judgement.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Mywd: 3:55pm On Aug 01, 2020
Balogunodua:

My question for you is, does God have a religion If yes tell me.

Will you shut up.... Just serve God and go to where he is being worshipped which is a Church which implies Christianity..... Na pple like una dey fail final year exam by 1 mark
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Balogunodua(m): 4:00pm On Aug 01, 2020
Mywd:

Will you shut up.... Just serve God and go to where he is being worshipped which is a Church which implies Christianity..... Na pple like una dey fail final year exam by 1 mark
I asked you a single question and you are wailing, that's exactly how you guyz fail exam, answering question with another question is stupidity.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Mywd: 4:11pm On Aug 01, 2020
Balogunodua:

I asked you a single question and you are wailing, that's exactly how you guyz fail exam, answering question with another question is stupidity.

I actually just honestly answered ur stupid qwestion that kids should be asking
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Balogunodua(m): 4:18pm On Aug 01, 2020
Mywd:

I actually just honestly answered ur stupid qwestion that kids should be asking
You didn't answer my question you only dodged it and jump into another discussion, my question is a simple yes or no, so does God have a religion?
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Mywd: 4:25pm On Aug 01, 2020
Balogunodua:

You didn't answer my question you only dodged it and jump into another discussion, my question is a simple yes or no, so does God have a religion?

Oga calm down, drink some chilled water and go back to read that savage answer
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Balogunodua(m): 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2020
Mywd:

Oga calm down, drink some chilled water and go back to read that savage answer
Savage answer indeed cheesy you lots come online to spew trash without reasoning, we have Christians, Jews, Islam etc and all this religion believes there is a supreme God above all, the Isrealis you lots asslick don't believe Jesus and only go to Church on Saturday this are the people the Bible called the children of God, now tell if Christians are really serving God? is God a Jew or Christian? if you can't answer this question then don't bother quoting me.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by Mywd: 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2020
Balogunodua:

Savage answer indeed cheesy you lots come online to spew trash without reasoning, we have Christians, Jews, Islam etc and all this religion believes there is a supreme God above all, the Isrealis you lots asslick don't believe Jesus and only go to Church on Saturday this are the people the Bible called the children of God, now tell if Christians are really serving God? is God a Jew or Christian? if you can't answer this question then don't bother quoting me.

If u continue to misunderstand them u should not be quoting and typing epistles.......
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by fykes(m): 4:52pm On Aug 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

In essence, self styled deceit in the name of Christianity has not solved any problem.

People should try and stick to religion of their fathers instead of in sophiscated thinking professing Christianity and demonizing same.

Religion must have it's say Mr.......He was never a Christian but clearly stated he was blind abandoning the religion of his father's.

Simply, if gbaja said that his ancestors were Muslims at his age then it means that Islam was the only religion known to them.

The rest is pure deceit.
Christianity is NOT a religion... True Christians care nothing about ur religion or religious inclinations...
Christianity is a relationship... A call to fellowship. Like d man u quoted rightly said.. All that matters is that his soul is saved.... Unfortunately for many, a soul has a price.
Re: Christianity: Gbajabiamila From A Deacon To A Muslim by hakeemhakeem(m): 4:59pm On Aug 01, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Mr, he became a Muslim last year 2019, maybe to become speaker or something like that..while affirming that his forebearers where Muslims.

He has been a Muslim from the beginning he happened to be the liberal one that you normally see on festival time go to shitta asks. Moreover most sw Muslims have a Christian siblings

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Brain Box Of Nigeria: Anambra Or Ekiti? / (PHOTOS) UNBELIEVEABLE Crowd Turn Up For Buhari In Uyo / President Buhari's Major Achievements In The South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.