Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,628 members, 7,820,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Malaysia Visit Visa And Ticket - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Malaysia Visit Visa And Ticket (20446 Views)

Nigerians Protesting Right Now In Malaysia / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa / Your First Visa And Interview At An Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malaysia Visit Visa And Ticket by naijaspeak(m): 10:25am On Apr 13, 2011
I feel disturb to read in your article and some other section of nairaland that there is no job for ( foreigners including Nigerian) in Malaysia.

If I may ask what makes Malaysia not to have job for foreign worker? Is it that there is job in Malaysia but it is just their law or constitution that place a ban on  foreigner from working.

I know that most Nigerian that travel out of Nigeria visit foreign land for simply economic purposes.

So I feel that visiting Malaysia without gaining back the money you spend for that long trip is rather wasteful.  I think it is ideal that one visit a place with the aim of making money or doing business. where this are lacking malaysia. then the purpose of going to malaysia is rather defeated.

lets have your reply
[b][/b]
Re: Malaysia Visit Visa And Ticket by wanaj0: 12:21pm On Apr 13, 2011
Not sure if the question is directed at me but will try an answer.

In most civilised and regulated environment, there are procedures for foreigners to follow before they can start to work in a foreign country. For most places, you need a WORK PERMIT which is like a 'visa' that allows you to enter the country and work.

Most countries will ONLY grant that permit in extreme situations one of which is when there is no 'local' to do the job. This implies that you have some skill set that is not available in Malaysia. That is how some Nigerians get to work with Petronas and even lecture in their universities. That is the main LEGAL way to get into a foreign country and work. You apply for a job, you get offered the job and the employer processes the work permit for you. The employer will have to convince immigration that no 'local' was able to do the job. Ask yourself, if there is a national of the country to do the job why should they offer it to a foreigner?

In some countries, students are allowed to do some work. This is not applicable in Malaysia. So most Nigerians that came thinking they can work with their student visa are finding out the tough way.

Nigerians do odd jobs in other countries. In UK, US and other places where you have significant amount of blacks you will not stand out. So they can drive cabs etc. In Malaysia any black man will stand out! So it is difficult for a black man to do any odd jobs. You have Philippinos, Indonesians, Koreans, Thais, Japanese and some other Asians working in Malaysia based on the ASEAN treaty that they have. That does not cover Nigerians.

In summary, Malaysia will only give a foreigner job when there are no Malaysians to do the job! That is the way to tackle 'unemployment' in their own country.

So if you want to work in Malaysia, acquire the required skill set, apply for a job that require that skill set and if you are offered the job your employer will process the work permit for you.

naijaspeak:

I feel disturb to read in your article and some other section of nairaland that there is no job for ( foreigners including Nigerian) in Malaysia.

If I may ask what makes Malaysia not to have job for foreign worker? Is it that there is job in Malaysia but it is just their law or constitution that place a ban on  foreigner from working.

I know that most Nigerian that travel out of Nigeria visit foreign land for simply economic purposes.

So I feel that visiting Malaysia without gaining back the money you spend for that long trip is rather wasteful.  I think it is ideal that one visit a place with the aim of making money or doing business. where this are lacking malaysia. then the purpose of going to malaysia is rather defeated.

lets have your reply
[b][/b]

1 Like

Re: Malaysia Visit Visa And Ticket by ayoflyn(m): 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2012
Pls what is the price of student visa application now, i am going to the embassy next week thank you.
Re: Malaysia Visit Visa And Ticket by futurewise11(m): 9:00am On Sep 17, 2012
@justwise,
Pls ban or hide all suxes post that have is phone number.
He's a confirm scammer.don't let him pretend and still leave his phone number.he's a scammer that pretend a lot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Set To Deport Millions Of Illegal Aliens / 4 Passengers Killed, Others Injured In Accident On Third Mainland Bridge / Diesel Truck Catches Fire At Marina, Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.