Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? (6060 Views)

President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post / Dear Dr Bukola Saraki,(This is definitely NOT the CHANGE we voted for!) / I Might Not Be Perfect, But Buhari Is Definitely Not An Option – President Jonat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by evilspirit: 8:53pm On Feb 13, 2011
sometimes last week,my friend ,who just came back from norway after 8years,and i were  in that axis.i cant remember the last time he  was there.hardly could you see a 2009 car most are 2010 2011.kids looks so fly like they are Americans.no houses but mansions.Even to him, Govt paid more attention to their roads.we did a little research he found out plots of land ranged from 150million to abt a billion naira.he pity all poor to average pple who work in that axis and see that kind of affluence.well!e go better.many questions came to my mind.can someone have all these monies from salaries and allowances?how do they make this BIG money. he wonder why suicide is not high among the poor. why wont anyone plan a heist or embezzle despite strong religious background.now i know why prosperity preaching pastors are making it .my conclusion money dey this country.
to him that was not nigeria.he could not believe his eyes

these are common cars in lekki

[img]http://www.auto-spy.biz/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/2011-land-rover-range-rover.jpg[/img]
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by MaJBlige(f): 9:06pm On Feb 13, 2011
lol
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by evilspirit: 9:11pm On Feb 13, 2011
he is planning to come back home to find "the way".
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 9:29pm On Feb 13, 2011
post pics
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 9:43pm On Feb 13, 2011
I agree the kids there are American/britico wanna be.

If you go to some places you will think you are abroad

sometimes last week,my friend ,who just came back from norway after 8years,and i were in that axis.i cant remember the last time he was there.hardly could you see a 2009 car most are 2010 2011.kids looks so fly like they are Americans.no houses but mansions.Even to him, Govt paid more attention to their roads.we did a little research he found out plots of land ranged from 150million to abt a billion naira.he pity all poor to average pple who work in that axis and see that kind of affluence.well!e go better.many questions came to my mind.can someone have all these monies from salaries and allowances?how do they make this BIG money. he wonder why suicide is not high among the poor. why wont anyone plan a heist or embezzle despite strong religious background.now i know why prosperity preaching pastors are making it .my conclusion money dey this country.
to him that was not nigeria.he could not believe his eyes

1) they steal our money (government officials)
2) Most work in ExxonMobil and Chevron Texaco and hold managemnet positions in these companies. They are also "expatriates" grin, most of them studied abroad, then worked for sometime and then came back to Nigeria and are hired by MNC at disgusting amounts of money
3) They work in our failing banks in positions such capacities as MD/CEO
4) Old Money (Yes we have some of them in Nigeria who started the stealing and looting quite early such as the Ibrus and Abebes (Stella obasanjo family)

e.t.c

Yep inequality in Nigeria is just mind-boggling. Abeg you should return quickly and go and chop your own money. Nothing dey obodo-oyinbo that cannot be matched.

However have humility, and be friendly with everyone because you dont know who will help you.
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 9:55pm On Feb 13, 2011
can you post pics of these houses in ajah and lekki and how much are they  worth ? do they look like these houses i took a picture of a couple of weeks ago . will BRB WITH LINK. here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-596863.0.html
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by ekubear1: 9:57pm On Feb 13, 2011
Money sweet oh
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 9:58pm On Feb 13, 2011
eku_bear:

Money sweet oh
you dont say grin
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 10:00pm On Feb 13, 2011
eku_bear:

Money sweet oh

buzugee:

you dont say grin

Come back home and come chop your own wink

Before it finishes
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 10:02pm On Feb 13, 2011
SEFAGO:

Come back home and come chop your own wink

Before it finishes

dont you need connections before you can chop wink
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by ekubear1: 10:04pm On Feb 13, 2011
Trying to plot my return, yeah. Just want to do it in a way that allows me to have the same salary as I can get here. . . not really interested in a pay cut
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 10:05pm On Feb 13, 2011
eku_bear:

Trying to plot my return, yeah. Just want to do it in a way that allows me to have the same salary as I can get here. . . not really interested in a pay cut
you better have 140 trillion naira to buy land in ajah. look at this http://nigeria-property.com/africa/nigeria/lagos/ajah/realestate shocked
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by evilspirit: 10:06pm On Feb 13, 2011
SEFAGO:

most of them studied abroad, then worked for sometime and then came back to Nigeria and are hired by MNC at disgusting amounts of money

what is MNC?
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 10:06pm On Feb 13, 2011
buzugee:

dont you need connections before you can chop  wink

Yes you do most times. You dont have any? Better stay back ooh. Or start making friends randomly. ALso try and hook up with some politicians daughter.

From have 0 kobo you would become the next big boy in lagos featured on city people and all those trashy nigerian tabloids

eku_bear:

Wow so you will not die for nigeria?

I love and bleed green white and green.

I mean the currency of course
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 10:06pm On Feb 13, 2011
evilspirit:

what is MNC?
Money Nice Chief
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by ekubear1: 10:07pm On Feb 13, 2011
mnc=multi national corp
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by evilspirit: 10:07pm On Feb 13, 2011
ok
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 10:09pm On Feb 13, 2011
SEFAGO:

Yes you do most times. You dont have any? Better stay back ooh. Or start making friends randomly. ALso try and hook up with some politicians daughter.

From have 0 kobo you would become the next big boy in lagos featured on city people and all those trashy nigerian tabloids

i have connections. i am not into groveling though. neither am i into ostentatious living.
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 10:11pm On Feb 13, 2011
what is MNC?

Multinational corporations- they are the only ones willing to pay huge sums of money

i have connections. i am not into groveling though. neither am i into ostentatious living.

Well then why were you asking? Me neither actually. But if you do- just know that in Nigeria Luis Vuitton is for the middle class in Nigeria and Ralph lauren for the lower classes.
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by ekubear1: 10:11pm On Feb 13, 2011
buzugee:

you better have 140 trillion naira to buy land in ajah. look at this http://nigeria-property.com/africa/nigeria/lagos/ajah/realestate     shocked

I'd rent if possible rather than buy. Not sure it makes sense to tie down lots of capital?
SEFAGO:

Me, die for Nigeria? Musta confused me for some other dude. Not even willing to take a pay cut for Nigeria, at least this early in my career  grin Name of the game for the next 15-20 years is accumulation of wealth.
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by ekubear1: 10:13pm On Feb 13, 2011
lol @ Ralph Lauren for the lower classes.

Too showy for me. I'm in some sort of generic t-shirt I bought from Target right now grin
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 10:13pm On Feb 13, 2011
SEFAGO:

Multinational corporations- they are the only ones willing to pay huge sums of money

Well then why were you asking? Me neither actually. But if you do- just know that in Nigeria Luis Vuitton is for the middle class in Nigeria and Ralph lauren for the lower classes.
just out of curiosity now. so what do the upper class wear ? dakova ?
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by 10cirenoh: 10:14pm On Feb 13, 2011
If only you can swim
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 10:16pm On Feb 13, 2011
I'd rent if possible rather than buy. Not sure it makes sense to tie down lots of capital?

Funny thing 10-15 years ago ajah and the lekki area was a swamp. VI and Ikoyi was where the rich people lived. Then due to overpopulation in these areas (Where do Nigerias honestly get money to pay for these stuff?) rich people moved to lekki phase 1. Some smart people bought large amounts of land in the deep parts of Lekki and Ajah and then property boom just came along and they made a killing, setting up real estates.

Like land was going in the Lekki-Epe area for as low as N150,000-200,000 per plot and then is currently in the high millions. Imagine the perspicacious people who bought those worthless plots of land.
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by evilspirit: 10:17pm On Feb 13, 2011
some hotels cost 100k per night on that axis. on top sey i want sleep.which kind sleep that one.
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 10:17pm On Feb 13, 2011
i need to learn how to sew and make clothes. in naija i will be wearing my own designs. i will only travel to london for shoes but all my clothes will be made by me. maybe i should learn how to make shoes too ?? hmmm. those will be excellent skills to have i tell ya.
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 10:20pm On Feb 13, 2011
evilspirit:

some hotels costs 100k per night on that axis. on top sey i want sleep.which kind sleep that one.
$1000 a night shocked even waldorf astoria sef aint half of that
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by evilspirit: 10:21pm On Feb 13, 2011
how i wish say tsunami fit happen for that side make the water just carry all of them commot,    that one na pure beef na dem talk sey make i no get money?
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by ekubear1: 10:21pm On Feb 13, 2011
SEFAGO:

Funny thing 10-15 years ago ajah and the lekki area was a swamp. VI and Ikoyi was where the rich people lived. Then due to overpopulation in these areas (Where do Nigerias honestly get money to pay for these stuff?) rich people moved to lekki phase 1. Some smart people bought large amounts of land in the deep parts of Lekki and Ajah and then property boom just came along and they made a killing, setting up real estates.

Like land was going in the Lekki-Epe area for as low as N150,000-200,000 per plot and then is currently in the high millions. Imagine the perspicacious people who bought those worthless plots of land.

That is my general impression. . . real estate speculation and property development seems to be one of the better things to do in nigeria. Based mostly on what I've seen in Abuja though; I'm not familiar with the Lagos market.
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by ekubear1: 10:22pm On Feb 13, 2011
buzugee:

i need to learn how to sew and make clothes. in naija i will be wearing my own designs. i will only travel to london for shoes but all my clothes will be made by me. maybe i should learn how to make shoes too ?? hmmm. those will be excellent skills to have i tell ya.

Hrm. So you'd be a designer? And sell your products to existing stores?

How profitable is that as a business?
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 10:24pm On Feb 13, 2011
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 10:27pm On Feb 13, 2011
eku_bear:

Hrm. So you'd be a designer? And sell your products to existing stores?

How profitable is that as a business?
no not for profit. to make clothes for myself to wear. someone said ralph and louis vuiton were the things that middle class and lower class people wore. so i am trying to be different by wearing my own creations.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Prof. Goran Sluiter Sue Buhari At Icc In Hague / Happening Life At INEC Office, PHC / General Buhari Greatest Leader We Have Had In Last 40years!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.