Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,652 members, 7,820,262 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? (6071 Views)

President Buhari Not Nigeria’s First Leader At Blair House - The FCT Post / Dear Dr Bukola Saraki,(This is definitely NOT the CHANGE we voted for!) / I Might Not Be Perfect, But Buhari Is Definitely Not An Option – President Jonat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 10:29pm On Feb 13, 2011
just out of curiosity now. so what do the upper class wear ? dakova ?

No, currently Golden Agbada is in vogue for the wealthy. I hope you know how to sew with golden threads.
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 10:31pm On Feb 13, 2011
SEFAGO:

No, currently Golden Agbada is in vogue for the wealthy. I hope you know how to sew with golden threads.
grin are you currently in naija ? tell me about naija life
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by Abagworo(m): 10:35pm On Feb 13, 2011
That part of Lagos is one of the few hab itable places in Nigeria.Abagworo owns a house at Lekki,PH and Maitama.Calabar is my next port of call.
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 10:36pm On Feb 13, 2011
That is my general impression. . . real estate speculation and property development seems to be one of the better things to do in nigeria. Based mostly on what I've seen in Abuja though; I'm not familiar with the Lagos market.

Yes the Nigeria upper middle class thieves are like cows and are always trying to keep some stupid social status. If they find out that some place is expensive and all their friends live there, they would start building houses in those areas. Thats why some people have like 3-4 houses  undecided for one man only while 70% of the population lives below poverty line.

Trust me as long as their is oil wealth property speculation would go on. If you hear someplace might become hot in the future, I would advise you to purchase property fast. You could get returns of over 10-100 times what you paid for in ten years. Hold out for a bit also.

Man if you know how much people get in land that is a target area which could be used as a petrol filling station?
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by ekubear1: 10:37pm On Feb 13, 2011
buzugee:

no not for profit. to make clothes for myself to wear. someone said ralph and louis vuiton were the things that middle class and lower class people wore. so i am trying to be different by wearing my own creations.

I see, so for fun and entertainment.
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 10:41pm On Feb 13, 2011
eku_bear:

I see, so for fun and entertainment.
yup. i am creative. i will come up with all kinds of cool designs. like a black linen casual sports jacket with deep green external pockets etc. then i can make my own penny loafers with black suede etc etc.
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 10:43pm On Feb 13, 2011
Abagworo:

That part of Lagos is one of the few hab itable places in Nigeria.Abagworo owns a house at Lekki,PH and Maitama.Calabar is my next port of call.
so you are saying that every part of nigeria is crap except this ajah place ? so this equates to only the living standard of .0000000001 percent of nigerians and not all nigerians ? that sucks
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by ekubear1: 10:53pm On Feb 13, 2011
SEFAGO:

Yes the Nigeria upper middle class thieves are like cows and are always trying to keep some silly social status. If they find out that some place is expensive and all their friends live there, they would start building houses in those areas. Thats why some people have like 3-4 houses  undecided for one man only while 70% of the population lives below poverty line.

Trust me as long as their is oil wealth property speculation would go on. If you hear someplace might become hot in the future, I would advise you to purchase property fast. You could get returns of over 10-100 times what you paid for in ten years. Hold out for a bit also.

Man if you know how much people get in land that is a target area which could be used as a petrol filling station?
Yep, the returns are pretty sick. Way better than anything you can find here in the US. Nigeria is a very fat land, if you have a bit of capital. Easier in some respects than the US.

Some folk from my church in Houston went into business together, bought some land by the coastal road (in Lekki area) and are developing an estate. This was in 2009. I strongly considered buying a plot there. Ended up buying a plot in Abuja instead. I wish I had more money so I could buy more. . . but pretty broke until I get a real job.
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 10:58pm On Feb 13, 2011
#

What do you need with all those houses? Will they follow you wehn you die?

Hmm

What next? Why not buy one in Barcelona  undecided

Things you dont need
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by ekubear1: 11:00pm On Feb 13, 2011
^-- Why not just view it as an investment?

"need" has nothing to do with anything.
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by violent(m): 11:06pm On Feb 13, 2011
I don't see anyone talking about Banana Island, you need nothing less than 500 million to own a plot in such places
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 11:09pm On Feb 13, 2011
so what has happened to ikeja ? is ikeja no longer a rich area ? used to be when i was there
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 11:10pm On Feb 13, 2011
are you currently in naija ? tell me about naija life

Yes I am typing on my Ogas computer right now  cheesy.

What do you want to know? My view is kind of myopic. Nigeria is a beautiful palce with beautiful people full of life no matter the hustle. The one you see on nairaland are the ugly ones.

I don't see anyone talking about Banana Island, you need nothing less than 500 million to own a plot in such places

I was going to mention that but is it not close to the Ikoyi area?
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 11:16pm On Feb 13, 2011
lol @ sefago.

dude i just googled banana island. very interesting read. place sounds like a mini new york http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_Island
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by ekubear1: 11:23pm On Feb 13, 2011
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 11:24pm On Feb 13, 2011
check this guys blog out. look at all the pictures. why do people keep saying that nigeria is a bad place ? those pics look impressiveeeeeeeeeeee. http://sholaadebowale..com/2010_04_01_archive.html
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 11:35pm On Feb 13, 2011
check this guys blog out. look at all the pictures. why do people keep saying that nigeria is a bad place ? those pics look impressiveeeeeeeeeeee. http://sholaadebowale..com/2010_04_01_archive.html

1. First of all those pictures are taken from the sky. Everything looks beautiful from the sky. Now close up pictures is a bit different.

2. To be able to purchase those houses you have to hustle for years. Either work for years or steal for months. Whichever floats your boat.

3. only a very tiny percentage of Nigerians live in these places. Yes nigeria is bad. Most people cannot afford to live in those places, and the closest they can get is by being workers

I could go on. But just put it this way only a very very few number can afford to live in those places.
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 11:37pm On Feb 13, 2011
SEFAGO:

1. First of all those pictures are taken from the sky. Everything looks beautiful from the sky. Now close up pictures is a bit different.

2. To be able to purchase those houses you have to hustle for years. Either work for years or steal for months. Whichever floats your boat.

3. only a very tiny percentage of Nigerians live in these places. Yes nigeria is bad. Most people cannot afford to live in those places, and the closest they can get is by being workers

I could go on. But just put it this way only a very very few number can afford to live in those places.

grin strong point but did you look at all the pics ? all the way down to the end of the page ?
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by buzugee(m): 11:38pm On Feb 13, 2011
eku_bear:

Banana Island. Hot damn!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=899972
impressive. time for me to hurry up and relocate to naija grin
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by ekubear1: 11:50pm On Feb 13, 2011
SEFAGO:

Just another hater undecided

Abeg, make money so you too can afford the good life
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by fstranger3(m): 12:10am On Feb 14, 2011
eku_bear:

Just another hater undecided

Abeg, make money so you too can afford the good life

SEFAGO is one of the most connected people in Naija.

You think its people like me that go to Loyola?

That said, I am still smarter than him. . . We thank God, we thank God! grin
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 12:19am On Feb 14, 2011
SEFAGO is one of the most connected people in Naija.

You think its people like me that go to Loyola?

Yeah right on the connected part undecided. I wish man, I am just a hustler. Its pretty easy to know the rich people in Nigeria- keep your eyes open and watch them.

You have been reading my previous posts and misinterpreting them. The loyola kid was pretty famous in nigeria he was all over the newspapers. You were not, you are kind of average you know tongue

That said, I am still smarter than him. . . We thank God, we thank God!

Thats obviously from Afrikan boys? We thank God in the Yoruba accent
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by fstranger3(m): 12:37am On Feb 14, 2011
SEFAGO:

Thats obviously from Afrikan boys? We thank God in the Yoruba accent

DEm Naija Boyz

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpzyE9rqwi8?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]

PS:  I did not misinterpret your posts. Yeah, I am fly like that. Irrespective, you belong to the Nigerian upper echelon. From your posts, it is very obvious the kind of people you hang around with. And, there is nothing wrong with that. But dont try acting like you are like me. No you are not. Mine is a story of sheer ruggedness and unrelenting determination mixed with a lil luck. Yours was written on a street paved with gold, who nevertheless was spoon fed through life by disciplined, albeit treasury emptying, guardians. grin
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 12:44am On Feb 14, 2011
PS: I did not misinterpret your posts. Yeah, I am fly like that. Irrespective, you belong to the Nigerian upper echelon. From your posts. it is very obvious the kind of people you hang around with. And, there is nothing wrong with that. But dont try acting like you are like me. No you are not. .

This guy you funny ooh. Paved with kini? Nigeria upper echelon lol? yeah right. So because I can speak about people means I am in the upper echelon? I read newspapers you know and keep up to date with what is going on.

LOL, I wish man. But anyways truth is lots of Nigerians have money, I am not one of them, and I would never join in making myself happy over the sweat of my fellow man.

Mine is a story of sheer ruggedness and unrelenting determination mixed with a lil luck. Yours was written on a street paved with gold, who nevertheless was spoon fed through life by disciplined, albeit treasury emptying, guardians

I doubt it. You just think you had it worse than some people.
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by SEFAGO(m): 12:58am On Feb 14, 2011
Love those guys though- they are the craziest people and good entertainers

Swagger Jacker grin
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by evilspirit: 7:53am On Feb 14, 2011
i wanna be a billionaire so freaking bad
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by revomind(m): 8:30am On Feb 14, 2011
living and owning property in that axis could be two different things. Not only the super rich live there. Folks who earn good money can afford to live there by renting apartments or houses. That being said, I think owning property there means u have tons of money.
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by bkbabe97y(m): 10:07am On Feb 14, 2011
buzugee:

$1000 a night even waldorf astoria sef aint half of that

Clearly, youve never been to The Waldorf!
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by fstranger3(m): 10:25am On Feb 14, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Clearly, youve never been to The Waldorf!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 14, 2011
the funny thing is that a lot of these places are expensive slums

lousy road network and hell in the rainy season

there is only one road to ajah if i'm not mistaken, so the big boys have to get out at 5am if they want to catch 9 o'clock flights
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by playmode(m): 10:43am On Feb 14, 2011
It is unfortunate ,how obscenely expensive property is in Nigeria.I have been trying to buy land iun lekki for a few years but changed my mind after acessing the situation.What i will on  buying in Lekki will buy an ultra modern home in the leafy suburbs of South Africa.I personally believe that South African Architects are the best in the world because after comparing their designs to american and Australian architects,SA designs rock.I will leave a couple of links here so you can check out what SA homes are like.

The man below Mr Nico Vaneulen is a man i have great respect for ,his designs are mind boggling and extremely beautiful.Just check out his portfolio on his website below :

www.nicovdmeulen.com

Now here is a link of to the thread i created which contains pictures of SA homes:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-604757.0.html

For those who feel Zimbabwe is a ghetto:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-129248.0.html
Re: V/i Lekki Ajah Axis Is Definitely Not Nigeria? by evilspirit: 9:21pm On Feb 14, 2011
yahoo plus

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbos At Sabon Gari Motor Park, Kano Trying To Leave The City This Morning / 240 New Factories In A Year By MAN / CNN To Rotimi Amaechi,you Are Nigeria's Most Corrupt Politician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.