Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,678 members, 7,851,324 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:06 PM

Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom (51345 Views)

Soludo Demolishes Olulu Eke Deity In Ekwulobia, Anambra (Video) / Mahdi Aliyu Gusau Picks Nomination Form, To Contest Against Matawalle / Atiku Abubakar Crying As He Collects His Presidential Nomination Form (More Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 14, 2020
Joedoyle:
Wow! My Local Government is for the first time in Nairaland but guess what, the news that follows it is just a bad one. With Oro Nation being blessed with good intellectuals, we're far from being united. Am so much tired of this nonsense. I have no much to say because am just angry.

So it is bad news when a traditionalist observes the rituals of his religion?

Okay.

3 Likes

Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by smogup: 10:18am On Aug 14, 2020
Cleanmindalways:

Is church and shrine the same?

They are the same with different modes of operation. Before the Europeans and the Arabs came to Africa, we all practiced African traditional religion.

Don't judge them, many African traditional religious worshippers will enter heaven before you.

4 Likes

Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by Lawsimon(m): 10:19am On Aug 14, 2020
nathdim:
the Jesus Christ wey you carry for head how many times you Don see am

He lives in man now.

Just accept Him genuinely and see your life gradually transforming.

He is the hope of eternity for humans.
He lives forever, you have Him, you live forever as well.

Accept Jesus today!

3 Likes

Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by Pat081: 10:19am On Aug 14, 2020
SpecialAdviser:
Am a catholic but its even high time we gave traditional worshippers chance in this country leaderships.

After all my fellow Catholics have disappointed me enough.
PLS in what way have they disappointed you??
Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by fuckaholic25(f): 10:21am On Aug 14, 2020
imagine what dis animal will do if aspiring for governorship
Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by Taiwojon(m): 10:21am On Aug 14, 2020
pmoye:
Aren't you such a dumb individual? Because it is African, then it is an idol... What about the statue of Mary and the Christ on the Cross that many Christians bow to? How about those for an idol?

sorry

Catholic and Pentecostal are not the same.

serve God in spirit and in truth. not idol of any kind be it the cross, status of Mary or any other kind.

thou shall not bow down to any images except thy God in heaven and in earth.

Jesus is the saviour not idol.

Jesus save
repent and believe on the lamb for our substitute

Jesus loves you

2 Likes

Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 14, 2020
Not that I believe that praying to anything at all can bring you good luck. Far from it, I don't believe in "miracles". Those things don't exist.

But hey, the man is free to pray to whatever deity or god or dog that he so pleases.

1 Like

Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by kalu61(m): 10:22am On Aug 14, 2020
Righteousness89:
All for Earthly gains.. you tie yourself to an idol that has no Ear and Hands..

It's Unfortunate!!

Crazy things this Endtimes.

But if he had displayed it in church, you will be happy. Bunch of Hypocrite

2 Likes

Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by Baamm(m): 10:22am On Aug 14, 2020
Who am I to judge?? Atleast he made his own public just for councilor position.....imagine what higher office holder are doing in secret
Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by tsauri1: 10:22am On Aug 14, 2020
For ordinary Councillorship seat one abandoned GOD, if he is to contest for Senator or his State Governor, I wonder where he will go. Na wahhh!
Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 14, 2020
smogup:

They are are both religion. Before the Europeans and the Arab came to Africa, we all practiced African traditional religion.

Don't judge people them, many African traditional religious worshippers will enter heaven before you.

There is no heaven or hell.

Trust me on that one. It all ends here.
Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 14, 2020
adadike:
cheesy if you like carry the deity to your house, Jesus still have the final say. Trust me, I know

Cleanmindalways:

That man might be better than many people that go to Church or those that pray 5 times a day.

1 Like

Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by DelphiOracle(m): 10:24am On Aug 14, 2020
Wiseandtrue:
Foolish man! As if he will come out and say otherwise

Mtcheeeeeew
he is foolish for practicing his own religion?
Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by crafteck(m): 10:24am On Aug 14, 2020
Righteousness89:

It's Unfortunate!!

If thats what works for him... Then wetin we de talk.
Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 10:25am On Aug 14, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Why should he "trust" you on this one?

Have you died before and you saw there was nothing after death and came back?

Ayam not understanding. Ejor, edakun. Explain for us sah

1 Like

Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by Kingstanding: 10:25am On Aug 14, 2020
[quote author=ghettokid1 post=92783437]Wetin pesin no go see 4 naija.....[/quote. Ordinary councilorship aspirant? What if na to say governorship nko? He for take am to devil.
Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by JuwonBobo(m): 10:26am On Aug 14, 2020
Lol... Who come talk say Politics no be do-or-die affair? What have you got to say?
Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by IJOBA2: 10:26am On Aug 14, 2020
angry
Righteousness89:

It's Unfortunate!!

angry
Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by blakkydikky(m): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2020
Cleanmindalways:

Yes,because the two are the places of worship.

1 Like

Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by pmoye(m): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2020
In case you are not beyond help, an idol is an image or representation of a god used as an object of worship.

'Catholic' is Christianity, 'Pentecostal' is Christianity. A traditional worshiper could also have quipped that Ogun, Sango, Oya, Esu etc, are also not the same and you would have gone right on to band all of them in one basket.

The next time you see a crucifix on your altar or around your neck, on your church walls, etc and the statue of Mary... remember very clearly that those are all idols too. Christian idols.

PS: I always knew that a low IQ might be a qualifying criterion for being an extremist Christian/Muslim/Religionist... In a place of logical reasoning the best you could come up with was to try to preach your Christ to me. Aren't you such an Einstein! Wonderful.

Taiwojon:

sorry

serve God in spirit and in truth. not idol of any kind be it the cross, status of Mary or any other kind.

Jesus save

Jesus loves you

4 Likes

Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by UnimkeAk(m): 10:28am On Aug 14, 2020
Righteousness89:

It's Unfortunate!!

Have u seen Allah's ears or hands
Atleast this one works.
Let politicians swear on our deity and see if there won't perform.

1 Like

Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 14, 2020
Taiwojon:

sorry

Jesus save

Jesus loves you

I just love how Protestants quote the "thou shalt not make any graven image..." part of the Bible, but skip the part where God commanded Moses to create bronze serpents mounted on staffs and any of the sick Jews who so much as looked at the graven image of the serpent will live.

3 Likes

Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by perdollar(m): 10:31am On Aug 14, 2020
far better than d religion of suicide bombings
Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by IgbalodeRaymond: 10:32am On Aug 14, 2020
FrLukas:

I just love how Protestants quote the "thou shalt make any graven image..." part of the Bible, but skip the part where God commanded Moses to create bronze serpents mounted on staffs and any of the sick Jews who so much as looked at the graven image of the serpent will live.

lol
you didn't even mention the ceraphins on the ark sef grin
even the building plans of Solomon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by 4tomandchi: 10:32am On Aug 14, 2020
His still better than those who will pretend during the day and still visit the shrine at NIGHT.
Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by smogup: 10:32am On Aug 14, 2020
mansakhalifa:

The three major religions in Nigeria believe that there is heaven and there is hell.

It is better to live righteously and discover there is no heaven or hell when you die than to live the opposite and find out that there's heaven and hell when you die.
Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:32am On Aug 14, 2020
Pat081:
PLS in what way have they disappointed you??

Most of them are pretenders. They visit shrine more than the man in the picture and Queue up on Sunday like they don't know shrine.

At least this man is bold not to pretend.
Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by Joedoyle(m): 10:33am On Aug 14, 2020
kikero:

So it is bad news when a traditionalist observes the rituals of his religion?

Okay.
Oga, that man is just working for his pocket. This act works with sacrifice and the subject of the sacrifice will be a terror. I know what am saying. I know how ravaged and savage this people are.
Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 14, 2020
IgbalodeRaymond:

lol
you didn't even mention the ceraphins on the ark sef grin
even the building plans of Solomon

And much more.

2 Likes

Re: Friday Etim Ukim Takes Nomination Form To Shrine, Consults Deity In Akwa Ibom by BRIGHT180(m): 10:36am On Aug 14, 2020
There is constitutionally absolutely nothing wrong with what he has done[Remember you apluad politicians who go to traditional rulers who stand in for the gods for blessings]
The only wrong I see is a man who has reduced his maker to things humans created who thinks he needs an intermediary to talk to GOD that sees every corner of his creation of cause he is a victim of one the many hoax sold by the devil to engineer fellowship with men as a way to keep them from the glorious light love and life of the one true God by accepting the sacrifice of his son Jesus the commissioned one to graft him into his family and grant him a place in the regenerated earth

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu: Buhari Was A Serial Loser Until I Made Him President, It Is Now My Turn / Reception Given To Aregbesola From His Hometown Residents. / Aisha Buhari Travelled With Entourage To US And Brussels - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.