Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,621 members, 7,816,561 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari (14385 Views)

We’re Ready To Work For Free, Say Buhari’s Ministers / Shocking!: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari / "Abacha Never Stole" Says Buhari As Published 2008 By Thisday Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by Afam4eva(m): 4:10pm On Mar 31, 2011
Even if wikileaks releases a video of Buhari talking with Osama Bin Landen. Ths Buhari fanatics will still doubt it. I'm sorry for my country.
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by 10cirenoh: 4:19pm On Mar 31, 2011
^^^^

You went to school right? if yes, then tell me how a faceless blog that can be written by anyone from anywhere in the world be taken as a credible source? why hasn't other papers reported the same hogwash?

If Buhari is against Abacha's son from being the CPC candidate in Kano, how then can he now say this rubbish about Abacha himself?
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by bkbabe97y(m): 4:20pm On Mar 31, 2011
afam4eva:

Even if wikileaks releases a video of Buhari talking with Osama Bin Landen. Ths Buhari fanatics will still doubt it. I'm sorry for my country.

Well, the point is GEJ supporters are either tribal bigots, blind followers, religious intolerants or all of the above.

Why did I say this? Read the below carefully!

WHY WOULD GEN.BUHARI CLAIM THAT GEN.ABACHA WAS INNOCENT OF CORRUPTION CHARGES, YET, HE REFUSES TO ALLOW MOHAMMED ABACHA REPRESENT THE CPC AS ITS FLAGBEARER UNTIL HE (YOUNG ABACHA) CLEARS HIS NAME FROM ALL CORRUPTION CHARGES?!?!

Doesnt make much sense, does it?!

Now, go back to the drawing board and prepare another smear campaign cus this one just doesnt hold much water!!!
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by Afam4eva(m): 4:36pm On Mar 31, 2011
10cirenoh:

^^^^

You went to school right? if yes, then tell me how a faceless blog that can be written by anyone from anywhere in the world be taken as a credible source? why hasn't other papers reported the same hogwash?

If Buhari is against Abacha's son from being the CPC candidate in Kano, how then can he now say this rubbish about Abacha himself?

I'm sure if the same faceless blog reported that GEJ stole money you will defend the blog with all your life. Who are we kidding.
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by 10cirenoh: 4:40pm On Mar 31, 2011
^^^^

If same happens, it's your job to ask anyone who posts such to provide other sources (reputable ones)
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by efisher(m): 4:42pm On Mar 31, 2011
2 Questions for the BB people looking for a credible source:

1. Will you consider a well known Nigerian Newspaper a credible source to at least quote what BUHARI said?
2. If you get this credible source you want based on your answer to No. 1 above, will you agree that your superhero goofed?

If you can provide simple Yes or No answers to the above in line with all you have been saying, I will gladly provide 2 different sources for you. cool
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by bkbabe97y(m): 4:43pm On Mar 31, 2011
afam4eva:

I'm sure if the same faceless blog reported that GEJ stole money you will defend the blog with all your life. Who are we kidding.

Why wouldnt we?

Tell me one Prof. in the world that, just 2 years after stepping in the corridors of power, all a sudden his net worth ballooned to almost $10million?

Is he supposed to be anywhere close to being a millionaire?

And we know if he declared that amount he's worth much more. . . .

So, who are we deceiving??!
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by bkbabe97y(m): 4:47pm On Mar 31, 2011
efisher:

1. Will you consider a well known Nigerian Newspaper a credible source to at least quote what BUHARI said?
2. If you get this credible source you want based on your answer to No. 1 above, will you agree that your superhero goofed?

If you can provide simple Yes or No answers to the above in line with all you have been saying, I will gladly provide 2 different sources for you. cool

Ummmm. . . . . no!!! A Nigerian Newspaper will not be considered a credible source; not with all the bribe-induced reports we read about on the net everyday. Gimme a credible Western Newspaper and I just might believe. . . "JUST" being the key word--- maybe when hell freezes ova!
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by efisher(m): 4:51pm On Mar 31, 2011
bk.babe97y:

Ummmm. . . . . no!!! A Nigerian Newspaper will not be considered a credible source; not with all the bribe-induced reports we read about on the net everyday. Gimme a credible Western Newspaper and I just might believe. . . "JUST" being the key word--- maybe when hell freezes ova!

Wrong answer!

What you need to do is to go to the nearest computer training centre, pay a token and ask them to teach you how to use Google. After that, go ahead and search the internet for the story. When you have found it, come back and thank me.
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by bkbabe97y(m): 5:03pm On Mar 31, 2011
efisher:

Wrong answer!

What you need to do is to go to the nearest computer training centre, pay a token and ask them to teach you how to use Google. After that, go ahead and search the internet for the story. When you have found it, come back and thank me.

I'm from the West, If not for us You'd still be using rocks to draw pictures on the walls of caves!

Plus, we got computers at home, Almost all of us----300million people; what the hell is a Computer training center?!

Still think I should thank you?
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by 10cirenoh: 5:18pm On Mar 31, 2011
efisher:

save us the sermon, provide us with credible sources, a least 2 is enough, it should a known media house and not some www.beafnewshouse.org.kondo.mansion.net type of source.
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by efisher(m): 5:59pm On Mar 31, 2011
@10cirenoh, if you really want the links, just give me simple Yes/No answers to the questions I asked. That will be a good way for me to help you solve this puzzle.

@bk.babe97y, in this age we do not talk about where we are from, we talk about where we have been. How do you know I am not the one that brought education to your village? Anyway, that is not the issue at hand. It seems you know I'm about to put a nail in the coffin and it scares you.  grin
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by 10cirenoh: 6:02pm On Mar 31, 2011
Stop sounding like a broken record, provide the credible sources and stop making a foool out of nothing.
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by efisher(m): 6:35pm On Mar 31, 2011
^ Now that's how they sound when they get boxed in
You need some [size=21pt]Fresh Air!!! [/size] cool

Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by aletheia(m): 6:51pm On Mar 31, 2011
GenBuhari:

Sorry aletheia,
but your link never proved Abacha looted, it simply an article written by an unknown individual who stated that OBJ accused Abacha of looting.

Common aletheia/ Beaf/ efisher,  put me out of my misery and give  me a killer credible evidence or argument to shut me up grin

Know that today, your lies on behalf of General Buhari have found you out. The link takes you to a document on the assetrecovery website that details the chronology of the Abacha case with copious footnotes showing the court cases etc. No honest man will read the document from the International Centre for Asset Recovery and dismiss it as "simply an article written by an unknown individual who stated that OBJ accused Abacha of looting." So OBJ has become a Swiss court of law? No honest man will read the document and not come away disturbed that General Buhari declared that Sani Abacha was not corrupt.

Now I know that a lot of Buhari's supporters are brain-washed simpletons whose minds are made up and don't want to be confused by the facts. That is why a man indicted for money-laundering and criminal activity is their gubernatorial candidate in Kano.

I have included the document as an attachment to this post so that neutral and objective folks will read it and clearly see your self-serving lies for what they are.

And this link details Judgments of the Swiss Federal Supreme Court in case of Sani Abacha

Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by efisher(m): 7:09pm On Mar 31, 2011
Let me add this to it: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4449587.stm

Enjoy.

For those that need to learn how to use google, I still have the links for the Buhari statement. I am waiting for the answer to my simple questions:

efisher:

Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by Beaf: 7:14pm On Mar 31, 2011
aletheia:

Know that today, your lies on behalf of General Buhari have found you out. The link takes you to a document on the assetrecovery website that details the chronology of the Abacha case with copious footnotes showing the court cases etc. No honest man will read the document from the International Centre for Asset Recovery and dismiss it as "simply an article written by an unknown individual who stated that OBJ accused Abacha of looting." So OBJ has become a Swiss court of law? No honest man will read the document and not come away disturbed that General Buhari declared that Sani Abacha was not corrupt.

Now I know that a lot of Buhari's supporters are brain-washed simpletons whose minds are made up and don't want to be confused by the facts. That is why a man indicted for money-laundering and criminal activity is their gubernatorial candidate in Kano.

I have included the document as an attachment to this post so that neutral and objective folks will read it and clearly see your self-serving lies for what they are.

And this link details Judgments of the Swiss Federal Supreme Court in case of Sani Abacha

grin grin grin grin
With the sort of brainwashed bottom feeder thinking on display by some pro-Buhari folk here, some of these guys might download the document, print it and eat it; thinking that will make it disappear from circulation.
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by naso2(m): 7:19pm On Mar 31, 2011
^^^^^^^^^

Guys una wicked o. una don make these noisy BB fans dey hustle for space inside rat hole. grin grin grin grin
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by bkbabe97y(m): 11:05pm On Mar 31, 2011
efisher:

@bk.babe97y, in this age we do not talk about where we are from, we talk about where we have been. How do you know I am not the one that brought education to your village? Anyway, that is not the issue at hand. It seems you know I'm about to put a nail in the coffin and it scares you.  grin

Wow! Lemme guess. . . .from the above post it seems to me that u'll be voting for GEJ? Right?
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by 10cirenoh: 12:05am On Apr 01, 2011
efisher:

Let me add this to it: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/4449587.stm

Enjoy.

For those that need to learn how to use google, I still have the links for the Buhari statement. I am waiting for the answer to my simple questions:

You still aren't making any sense, here's the content of the link you posted, there's NO WHERE Buhari is mentioned in there.

You guys should quit making a fool out of yourself, get a real life and stop living in fear, don't worry, Buhari won't send you to 240 years in prison, he's in a democracy now, but you still might get like 40 years in prison if you are caught with stolen money, that's fair right?

Last Updated: Friday, 15 April, 2005, 16:24 GMT 17:24 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version
Swiss fraud charge for Abacha son

Sani Abacha is believed to have embezzled $2.2bn
The son of former Nigerian military ruler Sani Abacha has been charged with money laundering and fraud after being extradited to Switzerland.
Investigating judge Daniel Dumartheray told the BBC that Abba Sani Abacha was wanted in connection with the loss of hundreds of millions of dollars.

He was extradited from Germany, where he was arrested last year.

Nigerian state lawyers believe Sani Abacha may have stolen $2.2bn (£1.8bn) from 1993 until his death in 1998.

Mr Dumartheray told the BBC News website that the Swiss authorities had been seeking Abba Abacha since 1999.

He was charged with aggravated money laundering, participation in a criminal organisation and embezzlement.

The judge said Mr Abacha should be brought before court within eight days from the Geneva prison, where he is currently being held.

Money returned

In February, Switzerland announced that it was returning to Nigeria $458m invested in its banks by Abacha.

The Abacha family failed in a last-ditch court appeal to prevent the money being handed back to Nigeria.

Switzerland agreed last August to hand over the money - which has been in frozen accounts since Abacha's death - and said an inquiry proved it had criminal origins.

As well as Switzerland, Nigeria is looking for money in the UK, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg and the US.

even the article is not sure if Sani stole or not, what they concluded on was that "he may" have stolen.
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by PhysicsMHD(m): 2:23am On Apr 01, 2011
More nonsense from Buhari.
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by 10cirenoh: 6:27am On Apr 01, 2011
PhysicsMHD:

More nonsense from Buhari.
common man, you're better than this, don't be spoonfed, you need to open your eyes, read before you let sentiments becloud your judgement, ask questions, why haven't they provided a reputable source to this lies? no reputable link on this thread can be linked to Buhari and the allege statement.
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by aletheia(m): 7:51am On Apr 01, 2011
10cirenoh:

common man, you're better than this, don't be spoonfed, you need to open your eyes, read before you let sentiments becloud your judgement, ask questions, why haven't they provided a reputable source to this lies? no reputable link on this thread can be linked to Buhari and the allege statement.

Because Nigerian newspaper websites are poorly designed with no archives: you guys think you can rewrite the history of events that we lived through abi? Thank God for allafrica.com that archives newspaper articles, we can retrieve the news reports of Buhari exonerating Abacha in 2008.

First help yourself this screenshot of the old ThisDay website from Google's cache.

Next I will be serving up. . .screenshots from the allafrica.com archives.

Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by efisher(m): 8:07am On Apr 01, 2011
I have links from 2 highly reputable newspaper companies in Nigeria. These BB guys know I've got them trapped in their little rathole and have refused to give simple answers to my questions. I dare you to give the right answers those questions. I assure you that in my next post after you give the answer, you will get the links.

I will give you some time to think about my proposal. If you do not have the courage to answer, I will still provide the links but it will be a proof that you are *&/?* lipsrsealed
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by kasiem(m): 8:30am On Apr 01, 2011
Okay, i'm sorry i have to deviate a little 4rm this topic inorder to show a little of bb's corrupt antecedents. During buhari's hitlerial days, was any case of unfair human rights abuse? What is the reason behind buhari's imprisonment of ojukwu and ekwueme? Did buhari treat every geo-political zone equal during his administerial days? Show me ur friend and i'll tell u who u are, was buhari a friend of abacha? Evil that men do, lives after them
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by gadogado(m): 8:42am On Apr 01, 2011
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 01, 2011
bk.babe97y:

I'm from the West, If not for us You'd still be using rocks to draw pictures on the walls of caves!

Plus, we got computers at home, Almost all of us----300million people; what the hell is a Computer training center?!

Still think I should thank you?
if not for us? Hu is us? U nd hu? B carefully. Dnt make me tel u sumtin dat wil get u depresd.am telin u.
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by xremmy(m): 9:46am On Apr 01, 2011
http://allafrica.com/stories/200806090008.html

Buhari supporters, please don't ask for a link of it in any of the holy books. You are ready to dispell any facts about ur superhero, but you are alwyas blowing up rumours about the other candidates. I bet if ur dog started talking and had a scoop on GEJ or Ribadu, you would glady listen and believe. But if its anything against buhari, then it has to be written in blood.
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by aletheia(m): 9:51am On Apr 01, 2011
Continuing. . .

Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by naso2(m): 10:43am On Apr 01, 2011
can we hear from the BB fans lik 10cirenohe/honeric10 and generalbuhari now that a "credible" link to the story has been provided?
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by babytoun: 11:53am On Apr 01, 2011
The BB fans have gone mute.
Re: Abacha Never Stole, Say Buhari by efisher(m): 11:57am On Apr 01, 2011
Let me lend a helping hand to our BB friends. At least they are still Nigerians. I will reduce the question to 1 simple one.

Q. List 5 credible Nigerian Newspaper Companies.

If you can answer this question correctly, I will provide 2 links (with at least 1 from your list).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Panama Papers: David Mark Denies Having Eight Offshore Companies / EFCC DISCOVERY "Theatrics": What Magu Should Learn From The Nigeria Police / Facts And Documents Why Atiku Abubakar Can't Travel To America... Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.