Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, (12654 Views)

Why Do Girls Call Their Age Mates "Small Boys"? / Are Men Marrying Older Ladies And Age-mates Over Young Ones? / Age Mates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by sammiy: 11:34pm On Feb 19, 2011
Is It normal for age mates 2get married,wat are d likly advntages nd disadvantages
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by 25omega(m): 11:35pm On Feb 19, 2011
seriously
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by MrsChima(f): 11:37pm On Feb 19, 2011
What's the hell is age mate?
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by Dyt(f): 11:56pm On Feb 19, 2011
Age mates cld relate so freely
older ones cld 2
it all depends on understandin
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by Goldieluks: 11:59pm On Feb 19, 2011
I don't see anything wrong in that.i am 100% in support of same age couples,getting married.i love that idea,so far there is love and understanding.
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by Odunharry(m): 12:11am On Feb 20, 2011
@ dyt can u marry ur age mate?
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by VIO1(m): 12:15am On Feb 20, 2011
thers nothing wrong if age mates marry themselves. once there's understanding and love
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by InkedNerd(f): 12:21am On Feb 20, 2011
@OP: There is nothing wrong with marrying an age mate. Generally, I go for men who are at least 4-5 years older than me but I wouldn't mind dating a guy who was the same age as me just as long as we get along and understand one another. Btw, i don't date men older than me because I don't like men my age, I just naturally gravitate to older men. . . lol, I've been like that since I was a little kid.
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by MrsChima(f): 12:26am On Feb 20, 2011
My husband is older than me and I do not generally date younger guys when I was single. I do not know why.

But, I don't see why that a problem to date someone your own age. Each to their own.
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by Ficco(m): 12:30am On Feb 20, 2011
There won't be respect which is evident whn issue comes up. 4-5yrs older for guyz ok.
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by 190: 12:41am On Feb 20, 2011
is it okay for an old woman of 92 to marry a young guy of 20 cos they are age mates undecided
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by InkedNerd(f): 12:54am On Feb 20, 2011
Ficco:

There won't be respect which is evident whn issue comes up. 4-5yrs older for guyz ok.

So are you saying if its the other way around, its not ok? If so why?
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by 190: 1:00am On Feb 20, 2011
Inked_Nerd:

So are you saying if its the other way around, its not ok? If so why?

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by Osama10(m): 1:06am On Feb 20, 2011
There is nothing wrong in it but personally I don't like it.
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by Leyqute(m): 1:07am On Feb 20, 2011
it's cool. I only d8 my m8s
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by BIGDICK3: 2:09am On Feb 20, 2011
it's good to marry one's age mate. I married my age mate(i m 32 while she's 31 and i m really enjoying it. We play like twins,i mean we do things as if we re raised,bred and brought up together.
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by Nobody: 2:12am On Feb 20, 2011
BIG-DICK:

it's good to marry one's age mate. I married my age mate(i m 32 while she's 31 and i m really enjoying it. We play like twins,i mean we do things as if we re raised,bred and brought up together.

awe! small_w!lly that is sooooo cute! cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by Pweety4me(f): 2:14am On Feb 20, 2011
Depends on u guys, i can't look @ guys younger dan me i feel like a perv undecided
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by Dyt(f): 2:23am On Feb 20, 2011
Odunharry:

@ dyt can u marry your age mate?

y nt?
U my age mate?
Den lets mate
i m ready 2 relate
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by Nobody: 6:30am On Feb 20, 2011
The woman ages very fast,she may not be attractive at a point like before again ,so you may take a second wife.That is the disadvantage.She may not respect you so much because you are age mates .some women use some words when talking in local language which shows respect for the hubby.se ki ba yin bonje wa.Thats yoruba and yin shows respect.
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by Nobody: 6:52am On Feb 20, 2011
olas2u:

The woman ages very fast,she may not be attractive at a point like before again ,so you may take a second wife.That is the disadvantage.

And the man stays young forever abi tongue

Nonsense!
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by ireke(m): 7:06am On Feb 20, 2011
olas2u:

The woman ages very fast,she may not be attractive at a point like before again ,so you may take a second wife.That is the disadvantage.She may not respect you so much because you are age mates .some women use some words when talking in local language which shows respect for the hubby.se ki ba yin bonje wa.Thats yoruba and yin shows respect.

It's all in the mind. my wife is two months older than I am and we never have respect issues. we are going on 13 years of marriage now. It all boils down to the specific individuals involved in the relatiosnship. abi you never see a 25 year old calling a 48 year old by first name? what reason do they give? it's because they are "trying to be close to their spouse".

By the way, I know homes where the second wife is older than the first wife. How will you explain that?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by Mcleo007(m): 12:06pm On Feb 20, 2011
@poster, there is nothing wrong with it. Its just a social norm that says women age faster than men (that may be true). However, it is a matter of choice which someone like me dont frown at. Personally, i can't marry a woman i'm older than by 2-4yrs. I prefer we're age-mates or i'm a year or 2 older.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by roymary: 12:08pm On Feb 20, 2011
Its not wrong, it only shows you both have been used in equal proportions.
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by googles: 1:29pm On Feb 20, 2011
I see no wrong in it. . . afterall, age is said to be ordinary numbers
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by joyblinks(f): 6:18pm On Feb 20, 2011
not wrong when the guy is matured enough to handle marriage.
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by candylips(m): 6:32pm On Feb 20, 2011
nothing wrong with age mates i think
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by soulkabir(m): 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2011
To me, age does not really matter in relationship. What matters most is the heart.
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by otokx(m): 6:43pm On Feb 20, 2011
it is not wrong
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by amefi(m): 6:50pm On Feb 20, 2011
it cud b d best n cud also b d worst fin to do. jus pray 4 God's directions.
Re: Is It Wrong For Age Mates To Get Married, by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:00pm On Feb 20, 2011
There's nothing wrong but personally he's got to be minimum of 5yrs older than I am.

(1) (Reply)

Beware: My Terrible Experience With Sex Enhancer AK 47 Men's Coffee (pic) / Seven Ironies Of Ladies / Guysss This Is What Ladies Actually Mean By Tall, Dark And Handsome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.