Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,450 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist (40168 Views)

Fani-Kayode Insults Dino Melaye For Harassing Peter Obi / Gang-Rape Tweet: Bello El-Rufai Apologises For Indecent Tweets / Senator Akpabio Apologises For Leaving PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by fergie001: 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2020

Former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode has rendered an unreserved apology to a journalist for the verbal harassment he meted out during a recent press conference in Calabar, the Cross-River State capital.

Fani Kayode also apologised to the Nigeria Union of Journalists, family members, friends, and colleagues of the Daily Trust reporter.

Speaking on Friday during a press conference at the Government House in Uyo, the ex-minister said he disappointed himself and everyone, noting that his reaction was undefendable.

“I’m deeply sorry for the manner I reacted to the said reporter. I was too hard on him. The question was mischievous, but I fell for it,” he said.

“I should have been smarter than that. I am using this opportunity to reach out to him, and I hope he will be kind enough to forgive me.”

“I disappointed myself, my family and friends, my colleagues and even my bosses, those who hold me in high esteem.

“I have regrets, it was not my finest day. No leader or public figure should ever react like that. I disappointed myself. I deeply regret it and I believe it will never happen again.”

This comes barely three days after Fani-Kayode branded the reporter ‘stupid’.

The reporter had asked Fani-Kayode who was “bankrolling” his recent tour of several southern states, a question that irked the ex-minister.

Source

47 Likes 8 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by LegendHero(m): 8:24pm On Aug 28, 2020
Go and sin no more.

Although Ìwà kì í fi oníwà sílẹ̀ (We are inseparable from our character).

We cannot pretend to be who we are not for very long; ultimately, our character will show through.

Soon we will hear another episode.

286 Likes 18 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by EmptyGarden(m): 8:28pm On Aug 28, 2020
Baba e don do... It's all Water under the bridge now.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by yerokunphilips: 8:29pm On Aug 28, 2020
EmptyGarden:

1 Like

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Charmingrascal(m): 8:35pm On Aug 28, 2020
He was high on drugs when he did what he did.

Someone that was high on drug and assaulted his mum and wife can do and say anything to a stranger.

Had it been the journalist was within the reach
of his arms the drug addict would have
assaulted him physically and throw Two or Three punches at him.

"Do you know who I am"

Yes we know who you are.
You are a rehabilitated, insecured drug addict who bullies everyone.

Bloodclat!

Bleep his apology because he will still do it again

191 Likes 15 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by madridguy(m): 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2020
There's nothing mischievous about the simple question Mr FFK grin grin grin

Tell us who is bankrolling your tour.

213 Likes 13 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by DelTel(m): 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2020
Apology accepted.

Meanwhile, answer the question. grin

127 Likes 10 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 28, 2020
LegendHero:
Go and sin no more.

Although Ìwà kì í fi oníwà sílẹ̀ (We are inseparable from our character).

We cannot pretend to be who we are not for very long; ultimately, our character will show through.

Soon we will hear another episode.

Legend baba, I Greet u

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 28, 2020
Oluseyi11:
Saw a post concerning btc on this site a few days back and gave it a try. just made my first withdrawal today.
Take advantage of this opportunity while y'all still can.

Confirm prove of withdrawal from my bitcoin wallet.

Scammmm

New account. Run from. This scammer

113 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by ryloy: 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2020
Go sit down

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by scrolldown88: 8:49pm On Aug 28, 2020
Like my mum will say, Sorry for yourself

The only way we'll know you're sorry for sure is if you call that reporter, offer him a one on one interview in which you answer the initial question.

138 Likes 10 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by LegendHero(m): 8:52pm On Aug 28, 2020
Pimpmaride:

Legend baba, I Greet u

Broda mi. Idobale for you oo.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Cyberterror: 8:53pm On Aug 28, 2020
FFK and Cocaine sniffing gringrin

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 28, 2020
LegendHero:

Broda mi. Idobale for you oo.
Agba no dey dobale fun kekere oo

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Maxymilliano(m): 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2020
I suggest he should first answer the question asked by the journalist, before tendering his apologies.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by FlordFlorez(m): 9:08pm On Aug 28, 2020
Good step to start with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Golan007: 9:24pm On Aug 28, 2020
What of the one in Zamfara?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Ijawwomaninoyo: 9:47pm On Aug 28, 2020
Lousy, jobless, ex Aviation Minister.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by nairavsdollars(f): 9:56pm On Aug 28, 2020
He did that because they boycotted his conference. I won't be surprised if his wife runs away someday

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by martin123: 9:57pm On Aug 28, 2020
Good
Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 28, 2020
He is not sorry, his reply still contain packets of boosting and ego filled statements. After he was talking to only 2 journalists following him up and down. The boycott issued by NUJ really hit him hard. I said in my other posts then that he should not mess up with Nigerian journalists as a body. They can nail his dieing career and bury it. That's just his beginning.
Earlier this year, he called one of the veteran arise tv journalists, that happened to be his age bracket "stupid" and insulted him seriously during virtual interview from London just because he had contrary opinions to his about buhari government. The man was so shocked that he couldn't believe what he heard. He had to ask like "excuse me sir, what did you just say?", He repeated it again, "you are stupid for asking me such question." If you see the expression on the man's face.
Same pattern of abuse and attack. That clip was in NL politics section after that zamfara case. I commented there but the power that be banned me and quickly remove the thread. That should tell you something here. He was one of us and still likely here. He can't be remorseful. He just did that to save face.

108 Likes 13 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Ijawwomaninoyo: 10:07pm On Aug 28, 2020
EmptyGarden:
He is the Architect of his own misfortune. He should have apologised under 24 hours but not! Later, he came out and said he withdrew the word "stupid" because some advisor asked him to do so, the statement meant he wasn't remorseful. He went further by saying some people said he threatened the Journalist, Instead of denying it he said "I don't know if you are a Yahoo boy, kidnapper, murderer, fraudster, snatched someone's wife (and all sort of rubbish name callings), they might be the people threatening you. What sort of talk is that?
He said this today because of the boycott, if not....

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by merieam16(f): 11:59pm On Aug 28, 2020
Mr "I av a short fuse"...lolz

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by NkemChukwudi: 1:09am On Aug 29, 2020
Irrelevant idiot!!!

He should go and join IPOB, bastard!

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by illicit(m): 1:58am On Aug 29, 2020
Whoever gives Femi an audience shd expect to hear trash

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by muykem: 2:21am On Aug 29, 2020
But you didn't disappoint IPOB members. They are here defending your nonsense.

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by helinues: 4:45am On Aug 29, 2020
FFK only needs to forgive himself...

Funniest part, his children would also have some bites of it

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Godons1: 6:51am On Aug 29, 2020
Igbo's will be happy now. grin grin grin grin grin

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ‘I Disappointed Myself’: Fani-kayode Apologises For Harassing Journalist by Factfinder1(m): 7:09am On Aug 29, 2020
This man is truly on drugs...he soo much craves attention and relevance

22 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Obi Reacts To Anthony Blinken's Call To Tinubu / Nursing Mothers Bring Their Babies To Greet Buhari In Imo (Photo) / Governor Dickson & Wife Dedicate Their Quadruplets At King Of Glory Church (Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.