Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:45 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1071634 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by beesuly: 3:40pm On Oct 18, 2012
Juboo9: do u ve any travel experience b4
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jub009: 8:01pm On Oct 18, 2012
@ beesuly , no i don't.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by rasque(m): 8:13pm On Oct 18, 2012
After getting your visit visa, what are the likely challenges to be faced @ the point of entry? Which is the best and cost effective airline to fly with directly from Lagos?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayobj: 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2012
bugzi: Was anybody asked to fill a form at the embassy before the interview? please respond.

Nope.
I have picked visas in Abuja and Lagos US embassies.
Nothing of such!!!!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayobj: 9:49pm On Oct 18, 2012
jub009: Well ain't changing my purpose of travel if am to book a new appointment within d short period & my intention to visit d us for a conference is real & genuie but I guz its due to my marital status(single) d VO might thought I wana migrate which ain't in my agenda. Inbox on waz terms 2 book a new appointment

You will be highly favoured or damn lucky to get a visa for a business conference.How relevant is your conference to your work or specialty.how many years experience do you have at work or in business?what is your earning?what is your designation at work.
The VO will say your circumstances have not changed and that's not too good.
A lot of people get a refusal if they present the same scenarios.
Its not looking too good,brother!!!!!
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayobj: 9:52pm On Oct 18, 2012
ayobj: I just picked up my B1/B2 visa from the VAC in lekki.
i applied with my wife.
while her picture on the visa was clear,mine was dark and i can barely make out my face.its a 2 year visa and i dont want issues with immigration during travel.
i wish to know what to do.
any body with a similar experience in the past.
i am due to travel late next month.
please advise!

Received a mail from the US consulate saying I can use the visa!!!I will definitely concur.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jub009: 10:03pm On Oct 18, 2012
@ ayobj

You will be highly favoured or damn lucky to get a visa for a business conference.How relevant is your conference to your work or specialty.how many years experience do you have at work or in business?what is your earning?what is your designation at work.
The VO will say your circumstances have not changed and that's not too good.
A lot of people get a refusal if they present the same scenarios.
Its not looking too good,brother!!!!!

well i wish the VO did ask for my docs which he never did. i got all it takes to proof them wrong including my ties,dat am not migrating to the us which ain't in my agenda @ all. earning a gud salary, 3 & half years experience with my job.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by imadebaby: 9:03am On Oct 19, 2012
FAST-LINK:

You might get it approved for you and your receipt re-activated if you are able to convince the consular, it is only the consular that has the power to do that.

Good luck

fastlink, thanks for all the advice and assistance. got my visa and my family members own approved yesterday..........

shortest visa interview eva.....i think they already decide ur case wit ur DS-160 form b4 the interview. we werent asked a single document.

Miami here i comeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usa Visit Visa by jub009: 9:36am On Oct 19, 2012
@ Imadebaby , u seems rite right abt d ds-160. Visa decision has been tkn b4 going for interview even though they asked for docs or not.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 11:53am On Oct 19, 2012
imadebaby:

fastlink, thanks for all the advice and assistance. got my visa and my family members own approved yesterday..........

shortest visa interview eva.....i think they already decide ur case wit ur DS-160 form b4 the interview. we werent asked a single document.

Miami here i comeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Congrats once again dear. safe trip to miami and don't forget to buy me kirishi grin on your way back smiley cool
Re: Usa Visit Visa by topsyking: 12:37pm On Oct 19, 2012
FAST-LINK:

Congrats once again dear. safe trip to miami and don't forget to buy me kirishi grin on your way back smiley cool
FAST LINK! FAST LINK! FAST LINK!
How many times I call u...u beta go get ur own visa instead of ur free for all show u dey do...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2012
topsyking:
FAST LINK! FAST LINK! FAST LINK!
How many times I call u...u beta go get ur own visa instead of ur free for all show u dey do...
Visa ke? grin Why not Green card or citizenship smiley and who told you it's been for free smiley
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 4:09pm On Oct 19, 2012
jub009: @ Imadebaby , u seems rite right abt d ds-160. Visa decision has been tkn b4 going for interview even though they asked for docs or not.

Baws, I doubt that. seems I know you in person right?

Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 7:59pm On Oct 19, 2012
Sheyi is right, your DS-160 details are called upon in your presence with the help of your submitted confirmation page.

They'll check the key areas, look at your appearance, if looked convincing to them few friendly questions and good luck otherwise a rather diplomatic way to refuse you. angrySheyi is right, your DS-160 application details can only be called upon while you are still there and with the help of your confirmation page.

They'll check the key areas, look at your appearance, if looked convincing to them few friendly questions and good luck otherwise a rather diplomatic way to refuse you.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jub009: 9:09pm On Oct 19, 2012
@ fast-link, will hint u up immediately i got the stuff setup dis coming week. is it possible i refill a new ds-160 with the previous + more details.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 9:50pm On Oct 19, 2012
It depends on the areas but for new DS160 form, you have to fill another one since answers to some of the questions must have changed
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jub009: 10:46pm On Oct 19, 2012
@ fast-link. thanks will do dat.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 11:09am On Oct 21, 2012
jub009: @ fast-link. thanks will do dat.

Fastlink, he's my personal person ooo. My closest person. Though we met
here on NL... moral is: help him out as per the appointment.

@all, who's appmnt is next?

Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 3:54pm On Oct 21, 2012
suxes2005:

Fastlink, he's my personal person ooo. My closest person. Though we met
here on NL... moral is: help him out as per the appointment.

@all, who's appmnt is next?

Sheyi
No wahala buddy,

My concern is him coming out successful wink
Re: Usa Visit Visa by jub009: 8:19pm On Oct 21, 2012
@ suxes2005, tnx .
@ fast-link, cool grin
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Mojir(f): 9:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
Please is there anyone in the house whose passport is not valid for at least six months beyond
the date of planned travel but was granted VISA
? Some say you can be given VISA once your passport has not expired. How true is this? Please share your view if you fall in this category and was not denied VISA.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by beesuly: 5:20am On Oct 22, 2012
Ur passport need to be valid 4 at least 6month.it is part of d requirement 4 visas
Re: Usa Visit Visa by rasque(m): 7:38am On Oct 22, 2012
rasque: After getting your visit visa, what are the likely challenges to be faced @ the point of entry? Which is the best and cost effective airline to fly with directly from Lagos?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ayobj: 8:55am On Oct 22, 2012
[quote author=rasque][/quote]
what is the purpose of your visit and which state are you visiting n the USA?
also,whats your budget for me to advise on which airline !
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ovicity: 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2012
I had my interview on the 18th. It really rained cat and dog that day and my appointment was for 9.30am.Anyway this was how my interview went:

Me: Good morning Sir, and how are you today.
VO: Fine, and you
Me: Fine sir
VO: Why do you want to go to the United states
Me: I'm going on a business trip on behalf of my company
VO: Where in US are you going
Me: South Carolina
VO: Where do you work
Me: I work with *** Company ltd
VO: How much do you earn
Me: 2******
VO: Where have you travel to
Me: Malaysia, Kenya and Tanzania
VO: Why did you travel to Malaysia
Me: To do business
VO: Are you married
Me: Yes
VO: What do your wife do for a living
Me: She works with **** health centre
VO: How much do you have in your Account
Me: 1.6m
VO: What do your company do
ME: Explained in one sentence
VO: Congratulations, your visa has been approved.
Me: Thank you sir.

Was surprised, it didnt last up to 2 minutes. He didnt even ask for any document. I left with smiles on my face.
Was asked to go pick my visa on the 23rd of this month.
To all my fellow brothers and friends going for their interview, i wish you success. Pls pray to God for Favour.

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by segzy2020: 8:09am On Oct 23, 2012
Please house, how much can I get a cheap flight from lagos to chicago this coming december?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 2:54pm On Oct 23, 2012
ovicity: I had my interview on the 18th. It really rained cat and dog that day and my appointment was for 9.30am.Anyway this was how my interview went:

Was surprised, it didnt last up to 2 minutes. He didnt even ask for any document. I left with smiles on my face.
To all my fellow brothers and friends going for their interview, i wish you success. Pls pray to God for Favour.

C'grats. I guess anyone asked further question stands a chance of getting visa provided
you answer with short but convincing answers.

segzy2020: Please house, how much can I get a cheap flight from lagos to chicago this coming december?

Check www.wakanow.com for ticket and price. They are real I've used them times without number

Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by segzy2020: 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2012
Please seyi, how do I contact them? Is it on phone and how do dey take payment
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2005(m): 3:33pm On Oct 23, 2012
segzy2020: Please seyi, how do I contact them? Is it on phone and how do dey take payment

Baws, you have their website, visit, book your tkt and they'll advise
you on what else to do. their contact infos dia as well

Sheyi
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dotcomnamename: 3:54pm On Oct 24, 2012
ovicity: I had my interview on the 18th. It really rained cat and dog that day and my appointment was for 9.30am.Anyway this was how my interview went:

I think that Congratulations statement is an insult to us as Nigerians simply because the visa officer approve the application. What do they even think of us? Whats so special in their country. Nonsense.!

7 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by topsyking: 4:40pm On Oct 24, 2012
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

I think that Congratulations statement is an insult to us as Nigerians simply because the visa officer approve the application. What do they even think of us? Whats so special in their country. Nonsense.!
Dotcom..for the first time in ur life..u made a sensible statement..dat why I like it...
Re: Usa Visit Visa by phatrat: 11:10pm On Oct 24, 2012
their country is special

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.