Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,478 members, 7,770,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:35 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1056102 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by ykbaba0092: 7:38am On Dec 16, 2011
@Fastlink, i really appreciate your response, yes 3 months will be good but I have the Interview scheduled for Jan10th I already filled in the Ds-160 form That he will be my sponsor wont i counter myself if i have a sponsor in nigeria again?pls i need more info about this I would appreciate your comment,
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 8:05am On Dec 16, 2011
Hello, that is not a problem, fill and submit another DS-160 form, then login to your visa appointment account and change your DS-160 confirmation code to the new one and hence present the new form to them, they won't ask you anything regarding the old form.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ykbaba0092: 8:10am On Dec 16, 2011
Okay Thanks alot, so what your saying having a white man as a sponsor wouldnt work, right?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dexterousg: 8:31am On Dec 16, 2011
Has anyone seen a date in february lately?i only saw dates in march.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 8:56am On Dec 16, 2011
ykbaba0092:

Okay Thanks alot, so what your saying having a white man as a sponsor wouldnt work, right?
Not really but you must have some kinda strong ties to Nigeria for that to work.
To me, if a white man can do that for you without knowing your background very well, you can as well reciprocate by dissapearing without any traces and the white guy would simple play a victim of 419.
ykbaba0092:

Not really but you must have some kinda strong ties to Nigeria for it to work and moreso, have the white man been to your place, does he know you so well and would attest to that if they asked him? Else he might as well play the victim of a 419 if anything goes wrong along the line which I don't think would happen neither do we pray for it to happen but this is not what the embassy wants to hear.

dexterousg:

Has anyone seen a date in february lately?i only saw dates in march.
Hey man! Do you want to see dates or you need a date?
Dates have been released for February, you only might be lucky to stumble upon one that popped up as a result of a cancellation made by somebody and the worse is to come when the payment of another visa fee warning comes to effect, so one needs to be careful this time around.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dexterousg: 8:58am On Dec 16, 2011
I need a date in jan or feb,but as at ystdy,i only saw mar 21
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 9:12am On Dec 16, 2011
dexterousg:

I need a date in jan or feb,but as at ystdy,i only saw mar 21

Lagos or Abuja?
Keep trying, you might be lucky to find one, ooh! You only have 4 trials to make in a day, you'd better pick a date in march before it finishes  unless you are willing to pay me a token to assist you on january date?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dexterousg: 9:37am On Dec 16, 2011
Lagos.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 9:42am On Dec 16, 2011
OK, I guessed as much.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dexterousg: 11:11am On Dec 16, 2011
^A date in Jan for how much?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by samdams: 11:13am On Dec 16, 2011
Hello just a Question, My DS-160 Form doesnt have Photo on it do you think thats okay for me to use or i can do another one and put my photo?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 11:22am On Dec 16, 2011
samdams:

Hello just a Question,  My DS-160 Form doesnt have Photo on it do you think thats okay for me to use or i can do another one and put my photo?

Hello, you don't insert pictures online, you only attach the given size of passport photograph to the DS-160 confirmation page accordingly, or go through their website for complete information on that.
regarding the case of filling and submitting of another DS-160 form, once you have another one filled, you don't have anything to do with the old one afterward, some people are told to refill another and submit if there's any error in their form.

dexterousg:

^A date in Jan for how much?
Hi, send me mail to usaappointment@yahoo.com for further details.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by samdams: 12:05pm On Dec 16, 2011
Yes u can insert picture online and also take a photo with you as well to the embassy anyway i will take 2 copies of photos incase of anything
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 1:32pm On Dec 16, 2011
Yeah, there's a provision for that but not enforced in Nigeria, in some other countries, it a must but in Nigeria, you take your passport photographs with you to the embassy on your appointment day.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 2:00pm On Dec 16, 2011
you take your passport there

Aal Izz Well
Re: Usa Visit Visa by kunaba123: 10:11am On Dec 31, 2011
great forum
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 12:53pm On Dec 31, 2011
^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for the advice here bro.

A friend of mine (we met on NL) got his usa
visa whilst studying @ Rep. of Benin, so i see
no reason why a student in uk will not be attended to

Aal Izz Well
Re: Usa Visit Visa by marx(m): 8:25pm On Dec 31, 2011
am really impressed on your sincere commitment to this thread. thanks for initiating it in the first place. but my interest is actually on Canada visit visa. please kindly assist if you can.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by omoloko: 1:18am On Jan 11, 2012
hi all,
i had the middle pages of my nigerian epassport ripped out "neatly" by a hateful friend.
i have an expired us visa in the passport and recently applied for and got a schengen visa and travelled with same passport undetected.
i want to get anoda us visa to attend same annual conference as the first one was a single entry visa.getting the visa shld be a breeze as visas are granted annually for this conference plus i hv attended similar conference in europe.
pls wot r the chances of getting the visa with passport undetected as pages 15 to 19 r missing?
anticipating ur responses,
tnx all
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 2:08pm On Jan 11, 2012
marx:

am really impressed on your sincere commitment to this thread. thanks for initiating it in the first place. but my interest is actually on Canada visit visa. please kindly assist if you can.

There are other threads for the canada visa,
you can talk to me on YIM pear_prince - so i
can tell you some of the experiences my pple
had with Canadian embassy, I'm not helpin in anyway

omoloko:

hi all,
i had the middle pages of my nigerian epassport ripped out "neatly" by a hateful friend.
i have an expired us visa in the passport and recently applied for and got a schengen visa and travelled with same passport undetected.
i want to get anoda us visa to attend same annual conference as the first one was a single entry visa.getting the visa shld be a breeze as visas are granted annually for this conference plus i hv attended similar conference in europe.
pls wot r the chances of getting the visa with passport undetected as pages 15 to 19 r missing?
anticipating your responses,
tnx all

Hello,

Since you had USA visa on same passport before,
and you are going for another usa visa, they will
need to see the stamp of the former usa visa.

The best is to try contact them before hand to know
the best thing for you, do not risk it at all

Aal Izz Well
Re: Usa Visit Visa by savemysoul: 3:55pm On Jan 11, 2012
@Suxes 2006: thank you so much for your time and very educative trend you are keeping.
please assist to answer this question:
i have 2years student visa to US, i entered to NYC with it for 5 wks then returned home cos i can't pay the school fee, so i defer the admission.my visa expires by january 2013, and i wish to visit US on visiting visa,can i apply now or will need to wait until the student visa expires.of course i have IV waiting but i din't may be i will need to wait till the student visa expire.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by omoloko: 4:28pm On Jan 11, 2012
@suxes2006: i hv the shengen and former single entry us visa intact in my passport. the pages tht r missing r pages 15 to 18. they r empty pages. can i go ahead undetected?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by savemysoul: 10:17am On Jan 12, 2012
@Suxes 2006: thank you so much for your time and very educative trend you are keeping.
i have 2years student visa to US, i entered to NYC with it for 5 wks then returned home cos i can't pay the school fee, so i defer the admission.my visa expires by january 2013, and i wish to visit US on visiting visa,can i apply now or will need to wait until the student visa expires.of course i have IV waiting but i din't may be i will need to wait till the student visa expire.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 11:39am On Jan 12, 2012
omoloko:

@suxes2006: i hv the shengen and former single entry us visa intact in my passport. the pages tht r missing r pages 15 to 18. they r empty pages. can i go ahead undetected?

Hmnn I guess there should be some kind of
court statement of affidavit that can help you on that.

I dont know abt USA embassy but other embassies I guess
will check to confirm that the PP has all pages intact.
So try seek some help either police report or so it will help.

savemysoul:

Tnx, I no get work, lol
Your case is somehow, first you must have proved @ d embassy that you
have enough money for the school before you applied for your student visa.
The best you can do is to use your same student visa to enter USA with your
deferred admission letter - this will help show at the POE that you deferred your
admission , you should be ready to state goods reasons why you deferred and not
say you do not have money for school fee.

If the deferred admission letter does not fall in-line with your proposed date of visit,
then you have to wait for the visa to expire before you apply for visit (which will not be easy
for you to get provided you didnt make good use of the student visa you were give).

Think about the best thing you can do now and return to Usa with your student visa, either
get your school to send you a letter or , just think about the best means and lemme also
try reason with you too,

I'm not an expert so i only stated what i think and if there is anyone who knows better
please do not hesitate to come over.

SHALOM

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by savemysoul: 1:27pm On Jan 12, 2012
thank u , all am trying to find out is that will my visa epire before applying for another particularly when my purpose of visit is different.thank you so much but am not saying u no get work ooooolol.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 2:00pm On Jan 12, 2012
Hello, If I understood you perfectly, your question is if you can travel to US for a Visit with your student VISA, my answer is yes but only on the condition that you present yourself at POE as a student in accordance with what is contained in your VISA and continue doing that throughout your stay in US.

On the other hand, whether a B1/B2 VISA can be issued to you with your student is yet to expire, YES but not without some explanations which you have to make regarding your previous under- utilised student VISA,  afterwhich your student VISA would be cancelled before, maybe a 3 months B1/B2 VISA can be issued to you.
undecided

Please do contact one of the customer care representatives  on--    0946017480 for more details.

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 2:34pm On Jan 12, 2012
savemysoul:

thank u , all am trying to find out is that will my visa epire before applying for another particularly when my purpose of visit is different.thank you so much but am not saying u no get work ooooolol.

Trust me i was just kidding.

I guess you just follow what the other guy said
and i do not advice calling anyone or making any
financial contribution,

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekoboy: 10:41am On Jan 17, 2012
Hey peeps, have a few questions.
I want to visit my sister and mum in the US and need some help here. My passport is almost virgin and I want to travel with my wife and a year plus child. I have a good job but still wonder since am travelling with my wife and child would i still be considered as having enough ties to the country and what effect could that have on my chances.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by Gbenge77(m): 3:17pm On Jan 17, 2012
@Ekoboy, Do you have a sound financial status,a good job,property, etc.all these can help you establish strong ties to your homeland,whether or not you are travelling with your wife.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 12:53pm On Jan 18, 2012
ekoboy:

Hey peeps, have a few questions.
I want to visit my sister and mum in the US and need some help here. My passport is almost virgin and I want to travel with my wife and a year plus child. I have a good job but still wonder since am travelling with my wife and child would i still be considered as having enough ties to the country and what effect could that have on my chances.

1. Have you travelled with your wife and child to another country before.
2. Do you have any other children to be left in 9ja?
3. What type of job you have, your position and salary (you can give estimate)

SHALOM
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ekoboy: 7:03pm On Jan 18, 2012
@suxes2006
1. No
2. No
3. Engineer in a federal govt agency . Abt 8m
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 1:03pm On Jan 19, 2012
ekoboy:

@suxes2006
1. No
2. No
3. Engineer in a federal govt agency . Abt 8m

If that is the case, then we need to look at your landed properties in 9ja.
You own your house? What really are you guys going to do in Usa?
How did your mum and sister get to usa? If it is visit visa - then what's their status?

SHALOM

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.