Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,456 members, 7,770,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:07 AM

Usa Visit Visa - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Visit Visa (1056096 Views)

USA Visit Visa Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa Enquiry / Let's Talk Usa Visit Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (323) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Visit Visa by dming(m): 11:57am On Dec 06, 2011
@suxes2006
Is the procedure with getting a conference still available ??
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 12:35pm On Dec 06, 2011
^^^^^^^

Sure it's working!

Aal Izz Well
Re: Usa Visit Visa by whitebrown(f): 4:00pm On Dec 06, 2011
Interesting post,

I was granted a B1/B2 US visa for ten years this September with my SA passport & my Hubby on his Nigerian passport for 2years, all i will say is it does not take magic to get one & no funny tricks as it will get you in trouble & a lot of first time visitors were granted visas, those who were denied were going for a conference & have been working for a few months or were students attending an expo that did not relate to what they were studying.

Fill in your D160 & submit online then pay fee online with your Visa card or bank deposit with the reference number being your passport number to schedule for an appointment, i am aware in Nigeria it can takes as long as 3months but in SA you can even get it the next day. All we took were passports (which had previous visas for uk & italy) , 1 id photos, bank statements for 3months & a letter from the work stating i have leave available & that i work the Co.
The interview took 2-3minutes max, everybody in the hall were asked similar questions e.g
Where in the US are you going?
Reason for going?
Do you have property?
How long are you inteding to be there?
Do you have kids?
And for those attending conference they were asked to elaborate. after that 2min that feels like forever you hear the magic words " your visa has been granted, It will be delivered in 3 to 5days"
check this website for motivation & info www.immihelp.com

GOODLUCK

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 10:39am On Dec 07, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks for the write-up. It surely takes long to get appmnt
but all the same, the interview question is as same as here.

Do you guys thumb print in SA at the usa embassy?

Aal Izz Well
Re: Usa Visit Visa by dming(m): 11:59am On Dec 09, 2011
suxes2006:

^^^^^^^

Sure it's working!

Aal Izz Well

As a student, if one picks a conference related to ones course of study, what are the requirements for a successful application/what does one need to show/proof for a successful application??
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2011
^^^^^^^

It has all been discussed here so go check for better explanation.
You check the usa embassy serving Nigeria's website as well,

Aal Izz Well
Re: Usa Visit Visa by pointalert: 7:12pm On Dec 09, 2011
@suxes2006

Thanks a lot
Re: Usa Visit Visa by joxiri: 12:23pm On Dec 11, 2011
my friend got his american visa from the uk on a psw visa and he was only asked 2 ?s his job and where he was going to in america
he had no invitation letter did not book hotel, he had been to america once in 2005, however the interviewer did not even ask to see a single document, not even bank statements to prove he can fund his trip and his visa was approved
I still cant get my head round how this was possible
has this happened to anyone before ?

4 Likes

Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 2:47pm On Dec 11, 2011
^^^^^^

Yup it happened to one of my client, he's 17yrs, his parents
has usa visa and are gainfully employed, he ws only asked why he wants
to go Usa and where he will stay. he said he answered with his mouth alone
and no document was requested for!

Aal Izz Well
Re: Usa Visit Visa by samdams: 5:04pm On Dec 13, 2011
Okay here i am in this place after a long period of time, Am a student in London and i applied for tourist visa to California which i have been refused in 2009, the officer in charge then told me that i am not qualified cause i haven't been in the UK for about 6 months and i wanna travel that i should wait for a yr or so for me to reapply . then i applied 3 months ago and which is like 2 yr's after this time the Chinese American Officer told me that am not qualified cause this is not my country , and i dont have strong ties in UK the only ties i got in UK is my Uni, and he asked me if am working full time and i said no cause student aint allow to work full time , and he asked me if am married No i said , He if i own a House or Business in UK and i said No am here to study and he ask me the purpose of Travelling , I told him am going there to Visit my Sister who is a US Citizen and also she's inviting me and paying for all the expenses in which she wrote in the LOI but he didn't give me , Any Advice on This ?
I am coming To Nigeria This money for my Interview cause i got a Place in Jan and hope they wont turn me down , I need Help .
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^

Guys with good knowledge should kindly help him out please

Aal Izz Well
Re: Usa Visit Visa by samdams: 5:58pm On Dec 13, 2011
@ suxes2006 do you have any idea on this case or is it too complicated for you to help out.?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by joxiri: 6:41pm On Dec 13, 2011
samdams
how long have you been in the uk now
do you have a part time job in the uk , how long have you got left on your student visa in the uk and also do you have any family in the uk?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 7:07pm On Dec 13, 2011
Sadams, please answer joxiri's question there might
be some head-ups in that area.

Aal Izz Well
Re: Usa Visit Visa by samdams: 7:16pm On Dec 13, 2011
samdams
how long have you been in the uk now
do you have a part time job in the uk , how long have you got left on your student visa in the uk and also do you have any family in the uk?

i have been in the uk since july 2009 and i have about 1yr left , my visa gonna expire in 2012 next yr october , i am working in the same college am studying as permanent part time staff, and i dont have any relatives in the uk, thanks,
Re: Usa Visit Visa by joxiri: 7:18pm On Dec 13, 2011
are you planning to go back to nigeria to apply for it or from the uk
did you take a letter from your university when you applied in the capacity of your uni and also one in the capacity of your employer when the interviewer asked if you had a full time job you should have said you had a part time job
also do you have a rental agreement where you live, like if you have your own flat
that can be useful to prove your commitments to the uk
Re: Usa Visit Visa by samdams: 7:23pm On Dec 13, 2011
i have applied for it before 2 times in uk and i was refused and they asked me to go back to nigeria and apply from there that will show that i have strong ties over there than here in uk,
yes i told him i am working part time and cause i am not entitle to work full time cause am a student and we have limited hours of working , i have the letter from my employer but he didnt check it at all, he asked me if i own a house i said no i am living in flat, he said okay that will be fine, yes i took a holiday letter from my uni and also from my employer as well,
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 7:28pm On Dec 13, 2011
If you come to apply here in Nigeria, it will be obvious that
you really wana go Usa and dont wanna return,

There are still some things you need to do and apply there in uk
or you wait for some time before you apply here in Nigeria

they'll think you are desperate of going usa

Aal Izz Well
Re: Usa Visit Visa by joxiri: 7:32pm On Dec 13, 2011
ah ok
  well as for nigeria i guess you will take the same documents you used in the uk  your id card, and bank statements showing you can pay your way,
  you have been a bit unfortunate sha, because as a student I dont see why they should reject you as you cant leave your degree you have paid a lot for
 also for your trip to nigeria get a letter from your school to show uk immigration and pls dont stay more than 2 weeks as a friend who recently went to nigeria was returned from heathrow cos he returned after uni started even though it was due to his mums illness he was sent bck and asked to complete his dissertation from lagos
 whatever you do make sure you have that letter from your university stating they are aware of your trip to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Usa Visit Visa by joxiri: 7:36pm On Dec 13, 2011
thats a good poiint suxes made
as you are applying so many times in a short period of time and not much changes in your circumstances then they might reject you especially nigeria they dont take any prisoners in lagos i always think you have a better chance in uk
so if you can provide some documents you didnt have previously to prove your ties
have you been to europe as well that helps i suppose
Re: Usa Visit Visa by samdams: 7:52pm On Dec 13, 2011
i am not that desperate to travel to usa @ susexx2005  lol, and the time duration of me applying doesnt matter with the embassy , cause they know that i am capable of the trip and they know everything is genue i didnt fake nothing innit,

Yes i will use same documents i used in the uk to reapply and see wassup and also the am not the one sponsonring myself is my sister who is in the states doing all the funding and i dont need to show my account details as shes my sponsor is her responsibility to show her statements and everything , As for the Uni i will stay more than my holiday but i will get an holiday extension letter from them to show the ukba that this is the proof from the college and they can call and confirm the situation with them if they like , how about that ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by samdams: 7:55pm On Dec 13, 2011
yes i have been to belgium, amsterdam, spain , i got appointment with the embassy in jan so i will try and if they dont give me i will free the usa stuffs and chill in my london after all usa is not the end
Re: Usa Visit Visa by joxiri: 8:07pm On Dec 13, 2011
thats the way samdams its not by force and also do dress smart
hopefully it will be 3rd time lucky
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 9:06pm On Dec 13, 2011
I wish you success,

But wait, you coming to Nigeria just to attend usa visa
interview?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by samdams: 9:17pm On Dec 13, 2011
yes just for an interview and also see my family hahhahha why ?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 9:18pm On Dec 13, 2011
the person that will interview youu will ask you this question
and it is going to be the main thing that will decide your visa!

So go get the best answer,

Aal Izz Well
Re: Usa Visit Visa by samdams: 9:28pm On Dec 13, 2011
so what do you think i should tell him , i will just say i came down to see my family and spend the xmas and since i was asked to apply from nigeria i use the opportunity to apply at same time cause dont wanna travel 2 times , and moreover we are on holiday and its the best time for me to come and do and also see my family , what do you think?
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 9:44pm On Dec 13, 2011
^^^^^^^^

Cook a good story bro.

Aal Izz Well
Re: Usa Visit Visa by samdams: 9:49pm On Dec 13, 2011
suxes2006 give me ur yahoo id lets chat so u can help me with the story please oooh
Re: Usa Visit Visa by suxes2006(m): 9:50pm On Dec 13, 2011
pear_prince
Re: Usa Visit Visa by ykbaba0092: 6:52am On Dec 16, 2011
Hello suxcess2005, I have been reading through your posts and comments and i find it very interesting and helping i really appreciate your work, Thanks tho, I have an issue which seems to be complicating or let me say exceptional.I met this white guy last yr at the Angola africa cup of nation tournament, He his an american and he his a financial facilitator, he stays in the hotel i was staying then, so he said he was interested in Opening a Liason office and just to cut the long saga short He wants me to come to the state for familarization and also to come so i can meet some of his partners and we can talk of a possibility,
Why am contacting you is that he has given me everything i need, statement of account,passport Page,Invitation letter and everything, But on my side I am not married and I just graduated from college last year and am only 28, so i can proove any financial or economic tie, but the only thing i can prooove is family ties, as i am the only child of my parent and I am currently unemployed, what advise do u have for me and what are the things you think i should do.
Re: Usa Visit Visa by FASTLINK1: 7:29am On Dec 16, 2011
@Ykbaba0092

What you are going for is not far from being either training or conference been sponsored by your invitee, Note that!

Just be professional in the information you are putting in, letting them know how you two met can jeopardize your chances, I would advise you keep it as a business workshop invitation and get some other person here in Nigeria to act as the sponsor, my only concern is that they may end up given you 3 months visa, which to me is not all that bad.

Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (323)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.