Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,669 members, 7,813,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya (10111 Views)

Boko Haram Invades Northern Cameroon, Kills 90 Civilians / Protesters Plan To Bombard Thatcher’s Coffin With Eggs, Coal Or Milk / Ghaddafi Is Gone, Now They Are Killing Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by Mobinga: 1:47am On Feb 22, 2011
Saif al-Islam is the nicer of the Gadhafi's kids. the other, Hannibal is worse.\\

Even In Algeria. Government is blocking

@monirshazly: #Algeria
address IP (enter) Facebook: 69 63 189 34
Twitter: 128 242 240 52
Same purpose: override gvt internet blocking shocked))
Please RT
shocked shocked

TUNISIA    ████████████████ : 100% done
EGYPT       ████████████████ : 100% done
LIBYA        ███░░░░░░░░░░░░░ : 22% in progress
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by Mobinga: 1:52am On Feb 22, 2011
Libyan Air Force warplanes and attack helicopters launched airstrikes on protesters, reportedly targeting a funeral procession and a group of protesters trying to reach an army base.[72][73] Two senior Libyan Air Force pilots defected and flew their Mirage F1 fighter jets to Malta and requested political asylum after defying orders to bomb protesters.[74] There was also a strange landing of two Super Puma civilian helicopters about 15:40, with people claiming that they are French, and helicopters was there registered. [75] Protests began in Malta in front of the Libyan embassy for Democracy in Libya.

Libyan official resignations

See List of Libyan officials who stepped down during 2011 protests
In "a sign of growing cracks within the government",[91] several officials began resigning their positions starting on 20 February, largely in protest of the Libyan army's "excessive use of force".
Ministers
Justice Minister Mustafa Mohamed Abud Al Jeleil[92]
Oil Minister Shukri Ghanem apparently fled the country[93]
Ambassadors
Ambassador to the Arab League, Abdulmoneim al-Honi[94]
Ambassador to Bangladesh
Ambassador to the People's Republic of China, Hussein Sadiq al Musrati[95]
Ambassador to the European Union and Belgium[96]
Ambassador to India, Ali al-Essawi[97]
Ambassador to Indonesia[98]
Ambassador to Nigeria
Ambassador to Poland[99]
Deputy Ambassador to the United Nations, Ibrahim Omar Al Dabashi, does not resign but distances himself from the Libyan government[100][101]
Ambassador to the United States of America, Ali Ojli, together with the embassy staff distanced himself from the government, "condemned" the violence and urged the international community "to stop the killings" [93]
Contrary to previous reports, the Ambassador of Libya to the United Kingdom has not resigned.[98]

Libya: Reforming the impossible
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by fredoooooo: 2:04am On Feb 22, 2011
and UN is watching
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by pleep(m): 2:06am On Feb 22, 2011
turboman:

I have heard of this line where every Libyan receives a monthly payment for being a citizen, but i never knew it was as much as US$ 5,000. A very foolish approach for a  nation in this century. However, i hope the new regime after the downfall of Ghadaffi would continue the payment else the whole revolution would be a ghastly mistake as the whole nation would likely plunge into a civil war when they stop getting their usual monthly stipend.

Indeed, and almost every oil rich middle eastern country uses this system. Quater wants to pay its citezens 3000 a month, up from 1500 at the beggining of the protests. they essentially bribe their citizens not to complain. the stability of the middle east is a sham.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by tyson55(m): 2:16am On Feb 22, 2011
I 'm not suprised by what is going on in Libya, what do you expect from a despot like Gaddafi who has rule the country like his personal fiefdom for more than 4 decade. Gaddafi is a bloody dictator who is bent to hang on to power by any means possible, even it means killing half of his people. He was also grooming his son Seif al - islam to take over from, like most arab despot does. Sending war planes to bomb peaceful protesters is the most dispicable of of crime any leader  can commit against his people, and this shows he is completely losing it.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by dameon1: 2:30am On Feb 22, 2011
I'm quite torn about the situation, while I believe Ghaddafi has been there just for too long, and needs to go, I would prefer to see a more orderly transfer of power, the current crisis will leave a power vaccum in north africa and I don't want radical religious fanatics taking over, then it will sharia everywhere,
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by tyson55(m): 2:33am On Feb 22, 2011
Let us not forget that, Gaddafi is the longest serving despot in history of the arab world, if not in the whole world. The revolution that is sweeping across the arab world will continue until all the it's people are free.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by pleep(m): 2:33am On Feb 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I am not even referring to his being there for 41 years. I am addressing the claim that Ghaddaffi has changed. If you look at the man's history, what we see today is the same Ghaddaffi of the 70's and the 80's . . . . Only it seems your  perception of him is what has changed here today, maybe as a result of the fact that now we get to watch the massacre of opposition to his regime on LIVE TV!

the media has a habit of portraying ppl like hugo chavez, and Ghaddafi as villians, i have heard that ghaddafi is a terrorist etc. but  ive done a little research, and he didn't seem to be that bad.
but if you know something i do not know pls enlighten me.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by Kobojunkie: 2:42am On Feb 22, 2011
pleep:

the media has a habit of portraying ppl like hugo chavez, and Ghaddafi as villians, i have heard that ghaddafi is a terrorist etc. but  ive done a little research, and he didn't seem to be that bad.
but if you know something i do not know pls enlighten me.

There you go again with the HE WAS GOOD BUT NOW HE IS BAD rap. When exactly did this man CHANGE, if at all He is the one who had a change of mind here?
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by pleep(m): 2:49am On Feb 22, 2011
Kobojunkie:

There you go again with the HE WAS GOOD BUT NOW HE IS BAD rap. When exactly did this man CHANGE, if at all He is the one who had a change of mind here?

like i said earlier, if there is something i do not know about Ghadaffi enlighten me. what has he done in that past that is so bad?
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by shotster50(m): 3:34am On Feb 22, 2011
@ pleep

Where did you make that research of yours?? If Ghadaffi is the malevolent angel that you think he is, why are his people hell bent on throwing him out even at the expense of their lives?
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by Kobojunkie: 3:39am On Feb 22, 2011
^^^ My questions to him too!

pleep:

like i said earlier, if there is something i do not know about Ghadaffi enlighten me. what has he done in that past that is so bad?

I wish I could help you with this one but I really prefer to let people learn for themselves. I am certain there are books out there written by Libyans you can find online. Probably one of the free ebook sites. grin
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by dameon1: 4:23am On Feb 22, 2011
Ghaddafi has not been that bad really, You don't see a lot of Libyans migrating outside their country,
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by 9ja4eva: 4:25am On Feb 22, 2011
I feel so bad for the Libyan people but hopefully their efforts don't go in vain.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by newintexas: 4:37am On Feb 22, 2011
The guy is a lunatic
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by Kobojunkie: 5:00am On Feb 22, 2011
dameon1:

Ghaddafi has not been that bad really, You don't see a lot of Libyans migrating outside their country,

Well, you can't really say that, considering libyans migrate in much the same way people in the area do.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by Ladytemi(f): 5:28am On Feb 22, 2011
There is no reason for anyone to be in power for 30+ years and have nothing positive to show for it. Ghaddafi it is time to go, you cannot turn fighter jets on innocent people who are only trying to bring about positive change. Libyans keep up the good fight and I hope it pays off.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by Nobody: 7:03am On Feb 22, 2011
ghaddafi only wrong doin is his prolonged stay in officed, GBAM!
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by phrancz(m): 7:08am On Feb 22, 2011
if he likes or not his time is up
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by taosola(m): 7:15am On Feb 22, 2011
Wake up Nigerians! Wake up Nigerians!! Wake up Nigerians!!! Coming 2011 elections, what's going to be the outcome? Same touts and thieves at the helm of affairs? Wake up Nigerians!!!
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by rizenangel: 7:26am On Feb 22, 2011
this guy is heartless,i bet you dis will never happen for naija wey we dey,except say the president wey go try am go like use petrol fry plantain,
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by KAYD007(m): 7:35am On Feb 22, 2011
@ Taosola

angry which nigerians are u calling to wake up? those  mumuish set of slowpoke  people u mean? its only in naija u see
leaders pouring a bucket full of poo on the people's head & they do nothing! they would rather shout resounding hallelujah, d Lord is good,  so docile & complacent  set human beings, mschewww! angry
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by dapachez: 7:53am On Feb 22, 2011
Arabs are not ripe for the western style of democracy. They are very erratic people that need to be put on a short leash. I forsee libya disintegrating soon. Arabs need dictators
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 22, 2011
dapachez:

Arabs are not ripe for the western style of democracy. They are very erratic people that need to be put on a short leash. I forsee libya disintegrating soon. Arabs need dictators
Chatap there, beer parlour analysis
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by tfabmac(m): 8:07am On Feb 22, 2011
dameon1:

Ghaddafi has not been that bad really,   You don't see a lot of Libyans migrating outside their country,    

Go to europe especially france and italy to see ow many libyans ave migrated dere.Gadaffi is an evil man and he has never had d tought of his country at heart. Imagine gadaffi ordering two fighter jet to bomb protesters?,thank God they were deflected,d killings would be worse dan wat we would ave been discussing now
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by nich(m): 8:17am On Feb 22, 2011
angry   angry    angry  Can you imagine? what crap!  angry   angry   God is indeed merciful! Ghaddafi's cup would soon be full! angry angry
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by Abeskey: 8:24am On Feb 22, 2011
]@ sadyeek have you forgotten that nigerians don't know what is good?

have you forgotten that over 60% of the population in nigeria are illiterates

have you forgotten that nigerians are one of the most unexposed people living on the surface of the earth,

almost all nigerians that support GEJ are christians because they say "ooh he is one of us so we will vote for him" even if he is coming into their home to rip them off they will still vote for him because they say he is a christian, Buhari is the only truthful candidate we have but Nigerians don't like him because of our sentiments, we will die out of ignorance, stupidity is a disease

This is one of the most uninformed reply i have read in recent time.I will be most comfortable if you can help answer some questions.

Mubarak has ruled egypt for about 30 years. Is it because they are illerates that the people allowed this.The same with libya,the same with tunisia,uganda and some other countries.
In as much as I agree that there are a lot left to be done in Nigeria but I want you to know that this problems are not peculiar to Nigeria.We need a total renewing of our minds to move forward.We will surely move forward.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by uchdazzle: 8:27am On Feb 22, 2011
gaddafi might not have the oppurtunity to step down if he continues lyk dis cos he might end up assasinsted
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by Nobody: 8:58am On Feb 22, 2011
pleep:

Indeed, and almost every oil rich middle eastern country uses this system. Quater wants to pay its citezens 3000 a month, up from 1500 at the beggining of the protests. they essentially bribe their citizens not to complain. the stability of the middle east is a sham.
L:awd hamercy, all I need is $500 monthly shocked
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by tainot2002(m): 9:27am On Feb 22, 2011
This guy is really Arrow, killing innocent people all in the name to get Power.He needs to be flodged period,
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by Kenyy: 9:35am On Feb 22, 2011
pleep:

and Nigeria's Stabiliy is perfect with more than 70% Unemployment rate and another more than 80% living on less than $90 per month! What a Stable Country indeed!
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by Kenistry(m): 10:02am On Feb 22, 2011
Dat man is d "maddest" of dem al, so obessed wit power, he can do worst dan dat, i hop somebdy silenced him permanently

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records / White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions / US Secession Petitions Filed For 50 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.