Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,757 members, 7,813,509 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya (10112 Views)

Boko Haram Invades Northern Cameroon, Kills 90 Civilians / Protesters Plan To Bombard Thatcher’s Coffin With Eggs, Coal Or Milk / Ghaddafi Is Gone, Now They Are Killing Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by tlops(m): 3:30pm On Feb 22, 2011
Calls (in & out) have been blocked to tunisia. the guy showed up to say he still dey kampe
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by yesboss20(m): 3:36pm On Feb 22, 2011
Whao! Now, that's one man with balls of steel!
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by mrofficial(m): 3:48pm On Feb 22, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by lastpage: 4:25pm On Feb 22, 2011
With the rate EVERYTHING is defecting out/from LIBYA,l guess GHADAFI himself will soon announce he had defected from Libya! shocked shocked shocked shocked

From Ambassadors, to Fighter Jets, to Security forces, now it is Warship that is defecting!

Okay, right NOW, I AM ALSO DEFECTING! grin

[size=16pt]
Mtchw defectors. Bloody opportunists!
[/size]
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by tlops(m): 5:29pm On Feb 22, 2011
whatever, the guy (Gadaffi) says he is not quitting, says he has nothing to resign from.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by Mariory(m): 5:50pm On Feb 22, 2011
Of course he is now going to stay. After using Merceneries, heavy weapons, tanks, and warplanes to attack protesters (crimes against humanity). Where exactly is he going to go? Which country will have him? He now has no choice.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by efisher(m): 6:02pm On Feb 22, 2011
Ghadaffi live broadcast: The most incoherent speech ever made by a desperate dictator! I am amazed! shocked shocked

A few highlights:

Blames foreigners for the unrest.
Accuses Americans of providing weapons and giving citizens HALLUCINATION pills.
Threatens anti government protesters with execution penalty.
Calls on citizens to come out on the streets and join him to fight against protesters.
Claims he will lead Libya on world revolution and declares war against all world powers.
Pledges to die as a matyr.

Live on international news media!

Lol
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by wale0911: 6:37pm On Feb 22, 2011
the revolution has started,,, run or wait, Ghadaffi, its game up,,,
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by fyomer: 7:20pm On Feb 22, 2011
your KIDDING?? i used to really admire gaddafi. someone needs to assasinate this guy.
Give me one good reason why you use to admire him.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by eros(m): 11:51pm On Feb 22, 2011
Ghaddafi's time is up. His head should be delivered on a platter of plastic or rusted iron. Sc.um of the earth. . . . . . . angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by Borat1: 12:09am On Feb 23, 2011
It's looking increasingly likely Gadaffi will pay the ULTIMATE PRICE. . .
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by mrperfect(m): 12:39am On Feb 23, 2011
This is sad.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by zicoisaac: 2:10am On Feb 23, 2011
the whole world is unrest, the lord is in control.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by mamagee3(f): 2:31am On Feb 23, 2011
Once a dictator always a dictator. . .

Don't worry, he'll just like Ben Ali and mubarak.

It's just a matter of time.

I hope the world court catches up with him and charge him with genocide like they did to Saddam Hussein.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by ndukwejoe(m): 3:05am On Feb 23, 2011
teeboyseve:

I sense the world is changing,  Revolution.  If the election in Nigeria goes wrong, We may be the next Egypt in West Africa.
i pray it works out that way if the otherwise happens, but we are cold feeted and good at it . fela was right.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by mamagee3(f): 3:10am On Feb 23, 2011
mrperfect:

This is sad.
I know, that's what I said too.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by leoebhos(m): 7:35am On Feb 23, 2011
Absoluteness of power corupts absolutely. Too much of unshared power has been given to this fool.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by taioluv: 7:47am On Feb 23, 2011
shocked shocked Na real waoh, ghadaffi power end here on earth, so he will defintely answer to God when he dies. grin grin grin
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by LiftedUp(m): 11:49am On Feb 23, 2011
It high time these our African Leaders realise that the position of the President is not a birth right, I don't blame them though we have allowed them to hold on for too long, longer than necessary.
I happy with the revolution now happenning, people have had enough, and it is time to take the bull by the horn.
The happenings around the world should be a caution to our Nigerian leaders, let's vote wisely in the comming election, and Nigeria would not have to go through this,
I hope our leaders are watching and listening, there is only so much a human can take, especially with the hardship that the common man is experiencing and some of our leaders are busy filling 'Ghana must Go' with foreign currency and staching loots away in foreign accounts,
The wind of change is blowing around the world and soon and very soon, it will blow in Nigeria's direction, a word they say is enough for the word.
Let our leaders take heed and learn, Change must come soon, but we all need to play a part.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by lastpage: 4:35pm On Feb 23, 2011
At this moment, one F1 Mirrage Fighter Jet has ditched into the ocean.
There is another "Civil" Libyan aircraft circling off the coast of Malta and not being allowed to land. Peeps not sure of the "cargo on board".
Italian Naval vessels have formed a cordon around Malta, which is the closest to Libya (off Africa)
Europeans are "meeting" on HOW TO PREVENT LIBYANS RUNNING FROM THEIR COUNTRY, FROM ENTERING MALTA OR EUROPE! grin
Even the price of Petrol/Gas is doubling all over the world but especially in Europe and U.S!

What do l see in all these?
"Beware of what you wish for" wink

These same countries where the ones "urging chaos and violent Revolution" in Libya, a few days ago!
but now, they are concerned about the humanitarian catastrophe and "want to prevent these same people from coming on board"?

[size=16pt]C'mmon, you cant eat your cake and have it![/size]

What if they had supported the Libyans (or any other Muslim country) to undergo NON-VIOLENT AND DEMOCRATIC CHANGES, like we have in Europe and U.S.? Would we have these kind of human disaster?

I say: Beware of what you wish for, you might get it and might end up not liking it!

I hope Ghadafi will step-up the plate and talk to his people, that he is ready to resign and resign NOW, while the people should CALM DOWN and not burn their own country, just to prove a point.

BTW: I really feel sorry for his SON, a PHD Graduate at London School of Economics, very much liked and contributed generously to that school (even built a Library for them and an endowment) BUT now has to choose between his LOVE AND LOYALTY to his FATHER AND BLOOD, and his Country and people!
I wish no one is ever put into that situation.
If it were you, honestly speaking, what would you do? Would you throw your father under the Bus and disgrace him out of office or would you stick with your blood?
I think the best solution to this problem would not come from "confrontation and posturing", it will come from consultation!

WHY? Some of these "old men" feel they dont deserve to be disgraced out of office/life (looking at the sacrifice they had done for their country in the past!).
Maybe we could "work-out" a "soft-landing" for these fallen heroes like Mubarrak and Ghadafi?
I think its just about their bruised ego! (l will die here bla-bla-bla)
The "West" dont want that, they are enjoying these tragedy and disgrace of African heritage, at least it makes them feel superior and confirms the notion that we are "lower beings" who can not manage themselves!.
Its a SHAME.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by alldone(m): 5:18pm On Feb 23, 2011
ghadafi must go, he is mad and not fit to rule. if you kill them so who will you lead? May ghod punish him.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by favouredjb(f): 7:35pm On Feb 23, 2011
ghaddaffi is a power drunk dictator like av always said,

he prolly thinks libya is a family biz,there's no one too great for God to handle
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by Mariory(m): 7:44pm On Feb 23, 2011
So the Libyan East has fallen. Parts of the West are falling one by one. Apparently Ghaddafi now only controls 2 cities one of which is Tripoli.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by GBASKY: 4:08pm On Feb 24, 2011
the only solution to libya's problem is to sacrifice ghaddafi like an animal because he is one
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by phraze(m): 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2011
ok okay and here we have the worlds heartless leader lol, military is so instructive.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by phraze(m): 8:23pm On Feb 25, 2011
i love those who came out and protested,
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by EzeUche2(m): 11:09pm On Feb 25, 2011
In the violence of the last fortnight, the colonel's African connections have only served to rekindle a deep-rooted racism between Arabs and black Africans.

As mercenaries, reputedly from Chad and Mali fight for him, a million African refugees and thousands of African migrant workers stand the risk of being murdered for their tenuous link to him.

One Turkish construction worker told the BBC: "We had 70-80 people from Chad working for our company. They were cut dead with pruning shears and axes, attackers saying: 'You are providing troops for Gaddafi.' The Sudanese were also massacred. We saw it for ourselves."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12585395
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by savanaha: 11:14pm On Feb 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

In the violence of the last fortnight, the colonel's African connections have only served to rekindle a deep-rooted racism between Arabs and black Africans.

As mercenaries, reputedly from Chad and Mali fight for him, a million African refugees and thousands of African migrant workers stand the risk of being murdered for their tenuous link to him.

One Turkish construction worker told the BBC: "We had 70-80 people from Chad working for our company. They were cut dead with pruning shears and axes, attackers saying: 'You are providing troops for Gaddafi.' The Sudanese were also massacred. We saw it for ourselves."

Wasn't someone on NL the other day banging on pots and pans that Arabs in the continent of Africa aren't racist and have no problem with black Africans? I knew it was a wait and see thing before the charade was up.
The one that irks me are the blacks willing to take money to do Ghadaffi's bidding when he would have been happy to kill these same mercenaries on any other circumstances.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by pleep(m): 11:24pm On Feb 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

wow, i knew this would happen, why did he have to get 'black' people involved? all i hear on the news about this is black africans commiting atrocities killing raping torturing etc. just another blemish on africans already filtly image.
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by pleep(m): 11:26pm On Feb 25, 2011
was any one else here actually a ghaddafi supporter before all this started?
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by thameamead(f): 11:44am On Feb 26, 2011
Re: Ghaddafi Orders Jet Fighters To Bombard Protesting Civilians In Libya by mamagee3(f): 2:11am On Mar 01, 2011
pleep:

was any one else here actually a ghaddafi supporter before all this started?
grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obama’s “Four More Years” Breaks Twitter Records / White House Budget Chief Officially Looks To Delay Huawei Restrictions / US Secession Petitions Filed For 50 States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.