Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,744 members, 7,831,373 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company (18610 Views)

Lagos To Ban ‘danfo’ Buses From Passing Broad Street And Apongbon / Subsidy: Labour Gets 600 Buses From Fg / Joy As Enugu Receives 30 Luxury Buses From Innoson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by EzeUche2(m): 9:39pm On Feb 25, 2011
alj-harem:

when was that and given me links to your claim  angry

He indeed said that in one of his interviews. The man would rather hire an expatriate if a Hausa could not do that job instead of a fellow African.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by ekubear1: 9:59pm On Feb 25, 2011
EzeUche_:

He indeed said that in one of his interviews. The man would rather hire an expatriate if a Hausa could not do that job instead of a fellow Africa.

Hrm. I thought he said Southerner, not "African."

It sort of makes sense. No zone in Nigeria wants to be taken over by people from outside of that zone.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by naijaking1: 10:22pm On Feb 25, 2011
alj-harem:

when was that and given me links to your claim angry

do you need a link
just go to any of the northern states and ask them why they hire indians, pakistanis, and egyptians with questionable medical degrees than hire southerners from accredited nigerian medical schools, even those who served with them for nysc?
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 26, 2011
Daft country full of daft policy makers.
Only last year Innoson re-energized the sector. Now someone wants to use tax payers money to help China dump her goods on us and kill off the Auto industry. Or is it because the auto industry is located in the East ,   . more likely!  Even if you do not buy from the local manufacturers, what is the effect of using government money to fund massive importation on their business.

Easterner's need to make it a policy to drive Innoson vehicles. I'll definitely buy one, even if its just to spite haters in Lagos!
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Dede1(m): 10:51pm On Feb 26, 2011
eku_bear:

It sort of makes sense. No zone in Nigeria wants to be taken over by people from outside of that zone.

Of course, such incoherent rant from A Bello will make sense to you. If the crap was allegedly said by Zik, you would have gone into shock.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by naijaking1: 10:52pm On Feb 26, 2011
KenGali:

Daft country full of daft policy makers.
Only last year Innoson re-energized the sector. Now someone wants to use tax payers money to help China dump her goods on us and kill off the Auto industry. Or is it because the auto industry is located in the East , . more likely! Even if you do not buy from the local manufacturers, what is the effect of using government money to fund massive importation on their business.

Easterner's need to make it a policy to drive Innoson vehicles. I'll definitely buy one, even if its just to spite haters in Lagos!

--- and you would think that the NUC/TUC would be the ones foremost against doing anything that will remove jobs from the Nigerian soil?
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Onlytruth(m): 11:06pm On Feb 26, 2011
eku_bear:

This is the view of a thoroughly educated Yoruba man. shocked shocked
Shocking beyond words.

eku_bear, please why do you bother to attack Igbos who want out of Nigeria?
You don't do it overtly, you always do side attacks and think that we don't see it.

@the international community,

I hope you'all see what we've been saying since 1967. Thoroughly educated people want to keep Nigeria one for purely invidious reasons.
They are like the "scribes and pharisees" in the bible. They do not want to enter heaven, but they would fight those who want to enter.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by ekubear1: 11:06pm On Feb 26, 2011
Dede1:

Of course, such incoherent rant from A Bello will make sense to you. If the crap was allegedly said by Zik, you would have gone into shock.

Be objective. Do you want your own region ruled and dominated by outsiders? Xenophobia is not a new thing on this planet.

If you consider how hollow the population #s of the north are likely to be, then why on earth would they be keen on tons of immigrants from the south? Do that and you end up like the Native Americans did.

Survival must take priority over political correctness, imo.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by ekubear1: 11:10pm On Feb 26, 2011
Onlytruth:

This is the view of a thoroughly educated Yoruba man.  shocked shocked
Shocking beyond words.
The words are very simple to understand. That you don't understand them shows you've not thought at all about the issues.

eku_bear, please why do you bother to attack Igbos who want out of Nigeria?
You don't do it overtly, you always do side attacks and think that we don't see it.
*shrug* I'm not the roadblock to Igbos leaving Nigeria. Those who believe in the territorial integrity of Nigeria and African countries are the ones you'll have to struggle against. And they are legion, both within Africa and outside of it.

You are tilting at windmills.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Onlytruth(m): 11:23pm On Feb 26, 2011
eku_bear:

The words are very simple to understand. That you don't understand them shows you've not thought at all about the issues.
*shrug* I'm not the roadblock to Igbos leaving Nigeria. Those who believe in the territorial integrity of Nigeria and African countries are the ones you'll have to struggle against. And they are legion, both within Africa and outside of it.

You are tilting at windmills.

That is what you always say, but when issues come up you show your true colors. undecided

You believe that Nigerians should not live and "dominate" other parts of Nigeria, but you support the constant stealing of oil and mineral resources from Igboland to develop your land. undecided
How do you reconcile those two?

You and I know where you stand. cool

Let everyone stay in their regions, and let oil proceeds stop being shared too!
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Onlytruth(m): 11:27pm On Feb 26, 2011
The other thing is that your people are known to say they don't care if Nigeria disintegrates, but always join forces who want to keep it one.

I don't want to be part of an incongruous and thieving country.

Don't worry about supporters of the evil system. Everybody will bear Nigeria's pains (one way or another) for as long as they continue to support it.

True justice is universal. Only God enforces it.  (quotable quote from onlytruth cool)
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by ekubear1: 11:33pm On Feb 26, 2011
*shrug*

I'm not the one who put in place a unitary government. I'm not the one who introduced coups into the Nigerian landscape.

It was your leaders who made the Nigeria of the 70s, 80s, 90s and thus today possible.

As they say. . . "they that sow the wind, shall reap the whirlwind."

Don't blame me for the whirlwind you have created. Most of the rules of this game we play were created by you, not I  grin

Funny that now you want to change the rules of the game and need assistance to do it. Anyway, I'd be happy to do this. . . at a price. Nothing comes for free  grin
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by naijaking1: 11:38pm On Feb 26, 2011
eku_bear:

Be objective. Do you want your own region ruled and dominated by outsiders? Xenophobia is not a new thing on this planet.
If you consider how hollow the population #s of the north are likely to be, then why on earth would they be keen on tons of immigrants from the south? Do that and you end up like the Native Americans did.

Survival must take priority over political correctness, imo.

Wow!
Why are you talking about being ruled and dominated when we're just talking about offering jobs to your fellow countryman. You paid a young medical doctor graduate 20,000 those days and he's happy, but that's not what happens. They go hire questionably qualified Indian doctors for 60,000. They are able to dish out the 60,000, because they had recieved money from the federal purse from the oil of the south, and yet you refuse to hire southerners. Does that make sense, the system definitely wouldn't hold for too long.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by ekubear1: 11:45pm On Feb 26, 2011
naijaking1:

Wow!
Why are you talking about being ruled and dominated when we're just talking about offering jobs to your fellow countryman. You paid a young medical doctor graduate 20,000 those days and he's happy, but that's not what happens. They go hire questionably qualified Indian doctors for 60,000. They are able to dish out the 60,000, because they had recieved money from the federal purse from the oil of the south, and yet you refuse to hire southerners. Does that make sense, the system definitely wouldn't hold for too long.

I'm not supporting the Northern policy. I'm just explaining why it makes sense, from their perspective. Throughout history, when you give a foreign group mastery over an important part of your land, it then becomes an opening for that foreign group to then own you.

You look through the history of Nigeria, the North has always been hesitant to unite with the South. Why? That is the question you have to ask yourself. It isn't any sort of hatred. It is fear of being dominated. Fear of being numerically overwhelmed. Those hollow northern population #s are a part of it.

Why do you think they delayed independence for Nigeria? What of all this "develop at our own pace" stuff? Why do you think after the countercoup, Murtala Mohamed wanted to secede and declare an Arewa Republic, but had to be talked out of it by the British? Can you imagine gaining mastery over a country, and then seceding with your own poor part of the country?  undecided If I were in that position, I'd seek to rule all of it.

Their actions make no sense. Until you think about what motivates them. It is fear, plain and simple.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by naijaking1: 11:52pm On Feb 26, 2011
^^^^
You have really bent over backward to make excuses for northerners. Does it make it right?. If you study history well enough, you'll understand that societies are like houses. The ones built on weak or eroding fundamentals usually don't last. This is an eroding and faulty foundation in Nigeria.

One Nigeria
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by ekubear1: 11:56pm On Feb 26, 2011
^-- I am in no way shape or form pro-North. Lol. Never in 1 million years. I'm a SW dude through and through. But I've always thought it important to understand what motivates the other side (or sides in this case, since Nigeria has so many factions. . .)

Also, nowhere have I discussed morality in any of this; evil done out of fear is as bad as evil done out of hate, envy, etc. But morality isn't what I'm discussing, mostly motivation.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by asorocker: 12:00am On Feb 27, 2011
The chinese products is not cheap in the long run more money will be spent in spares and servicing.

The Igbos will have to do some economic integration to sell their cars locally among ibos first and next with their neigbhours in south south and north central , then next all over the country
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by naijaking1: 12:13am On Feb 27, 2011
eku_bear:

^-- I am in no way shape or form pro-North. Lol. Never in 1 million years. I'm a SW dude through and through. But I've always thought it important to understand what motivates the other side (or sides in this case, since Nigeria has so many factions. . .)

Also, nowhere have I discussed morality in any of this; evil done out of fear is as bad as evil done out of hate, envy, etc. But morality isn't what I'm discussing, mostly motivation.

I do understand the strategic need to appreciate the movitation of ones opponent which maybe simply academic, however, many times on this forum educated people have succumbed to ethnic and tribal chivalry based on fear and self preservation.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Kobojunkie: 12:14am On Feb 27, 2011
^^^ ROFLMAO!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by naijaking1: 12:28am On Feb 27, 2011
^^^^^
ROFLMAO!!!
ROFLMAO!!!!
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Onlytruth(m): 12:31am On Feb 27, 2011
asorocker:

The chinese products is not cheap in the long run more money will be spent in spares and servicing.

The Igbos will have to do some economic integration to sell their cars locally among ibos first and next with their neigbhours in south south and north central , then next all over the country

I know you mean well, and yes you are right to some extent. Your strategy is good just to survive and keep hoping for something more substantial. While we may start patronizing our locally made autos, the same Federal government can still kill it by massively importing them and flood the Nigerian market with them.

The point is that if the Federal government of Nigeria cannot identify with our autos which are Nigerian made autos, then we are NOT one country and we are being held against our will in Nigeria. The least would be to conduct a referendum amongst Igbo states to find out whether we should continue to stay in Nigeria.
Everything we've achieved in Nigeria so far has been through self help.

We build our own roads, bridges, airports, schools and hospitals,  and now we are trying to do what the Federal government failed to do -make Nigerian made automobile, and yet that effort is being openly sabotaged.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by Kobojunkie: 12:32am On Feb 27, 2011
naijaking1:

I do understand the strategic need to appreciate the movitation of ones opponent which maybe simply academic, [size=14pt]however, many times on this forum educated people have succumbed to ethnic and tribal chivalry based on fear and self preservation. [/size]

Seriously, you do know you described your own self to a T there, right??  It is simply hillarious  . . . .ROFLMAO!!
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by ekubear1: 1:10am On Feb 27, 2011
So what exactly does the Igbo man want? I'm against subsidies, but don't mind the gov't helping you (and everyone) cut down cost of production. This imo is a wiser course of action than the outright buying of overpriced goods. Yet it seems that this is not good enough.

So again, what do you want?
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by naijaking1: 1:47am On Feb 27, 2011
^
I don't speak for Ndigbo, but I guess what they want is a simple economic solution to our poor state of industrilization without discrimination and bigotry.
Have you even answered how come NLC/TUC of all people are the ones proposing to buy these buses from China. The NLC should be ones fight, crying, and mounting a campaign that those buses be locally sourced. So what is the problem? They don't undersatnd the basic world economic? Their hierachy is filled with ethnic bigots, or they are just after personal gains? Think about it.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by nduchucks: 4:48pm On Feb 27, 2011
naijaking1:

I do understand the strategic need to appreciate the movitation of ones opponent which maybe simply academic, however, many times on this forum educated people have succumbed to ethnic and tribal chivalry based on fear and self preservation.

Finally, you've identified what you yourself have been in denial about. You kept on misreading eku-bear, for the very reason in the bolded portion. There is absolutely nothing wrong with eku-bear's statements and some may conclude that  it is myopic to interprete his statements as tantamount to support for the North.

@topic, it is narrow minded and s.tupid to simply purchase buses from indigenous manufacturer instead of from China, if the Chinese can sell better products for less. These indigenous manufacturers need to learn to be competitive by building better and cheaper products. Shikena.

@eku-bear, doesn't eku mean rat in your language? What does this handle of yours signify if its not just a random handle?
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by naijaking1: 5:19pm On Feb 27, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Finally, you've identified what you yourself have been in denial about. You kept on misreading eku-bear, for the very reason in the bolded portion. There is absolutely nothing wrong with eku-bear's statements and some may conclude that it is myopic to interprete his statements as tantamount to support for the North.

@topic, it is narrow minded and s.tupid to simply purchase buses from indigenous manufacturer instead of from China, if the Chinese can sell better products for less. These indigenous manufacturers need to learn to be competitive by building better and cheaper products. Shikena.

@eku-bear, doesn't eku mean rat in your language? What does this handle of yours signify if its not just a random handle?

No wonder they call you Mr. Inconsistency. Could you answer eku-bears for once.
I do understand your support for greater and larger federal government role in our lives, especially since the federal beauraucry is bloated with Hausa/Fulani oligarchs. It's no surprise that any policy not directly impacting positively on you guys will never see the light of day. You'll fool noone, my friend.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by nduchucks: 5:30pm On Feb 27, 2011
naijaking1:

No wonder they call you Mr. Inconsistency. Could you answer eku-bears for once.
I do understand your support for greater and larger federal government role in our lives, especially since the federal beauraucry is bloated with Hausa/Fulani oligarchs. It's no surprise that any policy not directly impacting positively on you guys will never see the light of day. You'll fool noone, my friend.

How did you reach this conclusion from my single post on this thread? Are your biases controlling you again? geezzz. What question of eku-bears are you suggesting that I answer?
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by naijaking1: 6:07pm On Feb 27, 2011
ndu_chucks:

How did you reach this conclusion from my single post on this thread? Are your biases controlling you again? geezzz. What question of eku-bears are you suggesting that I answer?

eku_bear:

So what exactly does the Igbo man want? I'm against subsidies, but don't mind the gov't helping you (and everyone) cut down cost of production. This imo is a wiser course of action than the outright buying of overpriced goods. Yet it seems that this is not good enough.

Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by nduchucks: 6:51pm On Feb 27, 2011
naijaking1:

@naijaking, I agree with eku-bears on this issue. I suspect those who are complaining would like the government to simply buy from the indigenous seller just because the seller is indigenous. That to me is dumb. Now, what do you want?

As to the question on what the Igbo man wants, I don't think anyone knows exactly - maybe a biafra nation.
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by naijaking1: 7:03pm On Feb 27, 2011
^^^
Ah!
That's so cool grin
Re: Nigeria To Buy Buses From China, When We Have 2 Bus Manufacturing Company by pleep(m): 6:00am On May 03, 2011
Only in Africa would you have people arguing about wheather or not to support an indegenous business. F[i]ucking[/i] idiots.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Fuel Crisis: ​​Okonjo-Iweala Accuses Oil Marketers Of Blackmail / Buhari’s 100 Days: Placing Nigeria On The Firm Path To Recovery – Bola Tinubu / Boko Haram Attacks Borno Village, Scores Feared killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.