Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,089 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. - Celebrities (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. (27173 Views)

Chioma Akpotha Shades Uche Jombo, Emem Isong, Omoni Oboli / Uche Jombo And Her Brother, Nelson Jombo, Who Is A Producer Pictured Together / Who Among This Actors Do You Think He Acts The Role Of Notorious Guy Best?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:48pm On Feb 25, 2011
Thank you okoyinbo. Maybe he will listen to you since women arent taken seriously around here anyway

amazing how the ones calling other illiterates write like they dropped out from primary 2.

Sisi_Kill:

Where have you been?!!!!

You've been seriously missed oh!!!

Sabbatical  cheesy

I mean really how many times can the same crap be discussed, since late 2006, people still they ask silly questions. same tired topic "blah blah is better than blah blah" "I caught my gf cheating while I was cheating on her with my other gf" ""val's day is for oyibo people" "why cant Yorubas abandon their culture and copy Hollywood like we do", same ol' nonsense. Nothing has changed

anyway how are you, luv, where do you frequent sef?  wink

where's jenni sef, she come make thread and ran away. oniranu woman grin
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by SisiKill1: 4:03pm On Feb 25, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Sabbatical  cheesy

I mean really how many times can the same crap be discussed, since late 2006, people still they ask silly questions. same tired topic "blah blah is better than blah blah" "I caught my gf cheating while I was cheating on her with my other gf" ""val's day is for oyibo people" "why cant Yorubas abandon their culture and copy Hollywood like we do", same ol' nonsense. Nothing has changed

anyway how are you, luv, where do you frequent sef?  wink

where's jenni sef, she come make thread and ran away. oniranu woman

Rotflmao!!

I've been on semi sabbatical too but mine was forced. . . by the influx of young'uns on the board. The writings get juvenile by the day, you have no other option but to sit back and watch the show. . . abi, what else can a girl to do?

I'm mostly on the celeb section. . . even that sef can be a little hard to maneuver. sad
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by gohome: 4:31pm On Feb 25, 2011
okooyinbo:

GOHOME! You really better gohome to learn respect and being proud of one's background. All the craps you have churned out makes me "guess" you are a young chap. I'd advice you to get your self exposed not just literally but also cognitively. If IGBO believe they are better at acting in english, what concerns me to critizise them as a Yoruba MAN? I really dont bother. The kind of English spoken by some of these half wits Nollywood Stars are just deplorable anyway. It is only mediocre that would really revel in such bush English. I have seen rubbish nigerian english movies and have also watched Yoruba films that wanna makes me vormit. Likewise, I have seen good english nigerian movies as well as substantial number of really good Yoruba movies. So you see, filming in English is not a prerogative of good acting.

Aburo, I suspect your youthful exuberance is beclouding your sense of reasoning. In those few line I wrote, where did I mention that you are IGBO, HAUSA, YORUBA, IGALA or whatever? Who cares where you are from? I just pointed out how simplistic your arguements are and you think you are justified Yorubas are TRIBALISTIC by that? If that is your believe, I am sorry Nigeria is in trouble if more of your sort are borned. People that would rather throw away their cultures and languages because they do not want to be termed TRIBALISTIC are a danger to the progress of NIGERIA. They are actually more dangerous than the "vocal tribalist".

You can see that there is a glaring difference between me and you: I have age, experience, and enlightenment on my side. And also, I am rather proud of who I am and where I am from. Now, that does not give me the right to talk others down. I am proud in spending my money to promote my culture and language. Yoruba film are authentic Nigerian nay AFRICAN thing. The english language might be official, but it is definitely not my language. No nation that abandons her cultures, language has really progressed, except if you wanna redefine progressiveness. We should learn to appreciate our languages and cultures, because that is the beginning of enlightenment.

I maintain, let Yoruba make their movies in Yoruba and let the other do as they please. Atleast nobody have forced you to buy the Yoruba movies, why the complain? Let the billions stick to their market and the 5 million to their. What is so difficult comprehending about that? Why is it you the 1 billion complaining about the 5 millions? It should be the 5 million mouthing the 1 billion about marginalization if your logic were right. Alas, your logic is not only faulty, the premise on which it stands is also cracky.

Lastly, you can continue to wallow in your dumb game of ASSUMPTION that Yorubas are TRIBALISTIC, that I live in OGBOMOSHO, EDE, IGBO-ORA, EHIN-IGBETI, KABBA, FIDITI etc. That alone has exposes your folly. Young man, englighten yourself and be proud of what you are. Being proud of one's heritage does not equate to ETHNICISM which is the plain RIGHT word to use to describe the subject at hand in your beloved english DIALECT.

Have a nice day.

The bolded is what i have preached right from day one. Watch your movies period. But dont assume because of lack of exposure that its loved more globally than the english movies. Its not about culture, its about business, Do you think yorubas cherish their culture more than all other tribes? Stop making stupid assumptions. Like I said before, remove the rotten cap of tribalism then you can see clearly. Exposure is your problem. Travel far and wide and you will be marveled at how rich other peoples cultures are.

I am tired, it bleeds my heart to see the futures of this nation talk like this. Guy, I need to call you, seriously, can you give me your number?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by okooyinbo(m): 8:36pm On Feb 25, 2011
Gohome: it is a pity that your horizon is so narrow. I am not here to convince you or any one for that matter to love Yoruba. If those acting Yoruba are foregoing money, atleast other people should be happy about making more profit and leave the non business aversed Yoruba to their peril.Young man, me and you are definitely not in the same age class. I am gone pass being future of Nigeria. Anyway, comprehendinng simple English seems to be a problem for you, else you would have noticed that this channel is not only for young lad like yourself. If you want to talk to me, you are gladly welcome. You can reach me here: +4917691338002. I will be expecting your call. Thank you
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by gohome: 9:14pm On Feb 25, 2011
okooyinbo:

Gohome: it is a pity that your horizon is so narrow. I am not here to convince you or any one for that matter to love Yoruba. If those acting Yoruba are foregoing money, atleast other people should be happy about making more profit and leave the non business aversed Yoruba to their peril.Young man, me and you are definitely not in the same age class. I am gone pass being future of Nigeria. Anyway, comprehendinng simple English seems to be a problem for you, else you would have noticed that this channel is not only for young lad like yourself. If you want to talk to me, you are gladly welcome. You can reach me here: +4917691338002. I will be expecting your call. Thank you

we are still going in circles, you seems not to understand, who is disturbing yorubas for making movies, they should infact, afterall are they the only ones that make movies? Read all my comments and understand me properly. To be truthful i have enjoyed you more than those other braths, your arguments seems to different. I will call you.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by kasim155: 10:29pm On Feb 25, 2011
Uche jombo 4rm wat i am seeing u are acting like a stupid person which hav cause abusive world btw two tribes (igbo & yoruba) u said respect, what does d igbo people know about respect or are u their God-father dat when dey see u on d road, they shold down on d floor and greet u or d so called igbo people. Dis is a modernize world, if dey dont want 2 talk to u or greet u then let them be, instead of broadcasting it which hav cause all dis mess. And u purest boy if ur mouth is too dirty or too big then u beta open it in ur own house, idiot. Uchenna no body force u to lagos so 4 dat as a teacher u are still stupid i pity u mr teacher fool.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by okooyinbo(m): 10:31pm On Feb 25, 2011
@GoHome

Thanks for calling. I will be looking forward to a better contact. I am also on facebook, I wont mind texting you my ID there if you want to get in touch.

It was nice discussing with you, and I believe you understand that I bear no grudge against ANYBODY, the least against fellow Nigerian. I just cant bear it when some fellas say Yorubas should portray their culture in other peoples language. If I wanted to be an African English man, I would have chosen to be just that. However, I remain a Yoruba even if my Nigerianess has limits placed on it. Wish you a nice weekend
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by igboboy1(m): 10:03am On Feb 26, 2011
kasim155:

Uche jombo 4rm wat i am seeing u are acting like a silly person which hav cause abusive world btw two tribes (igbo & yoruba) u said respect, what does d igbo people know about respect or are u their God-father dat when dey see u on d road, they shold down on d floor and greet u or d so called igbo people. Dis is a modernize world, if dey dont want 2 talk to u or greet u then let them be, instead of broadcasting it which hav cause all dis mess. And u purest boy if your mouth is too dirty or too big then u beta open it in your own house, . Uchenna no body force u to lagos so 4 dat as a teacher u are still silly i pity u mr teacher fool.

definetely a rascal, anuofia so is the one that obj is straffing his son's daughter that is respect? or the one saraki father and son is fighting is respect? or the one that agberos/touts no get proper upbringing to the point that they are constituting a public nuisance to society that is respect? nna biko mechionu gi cos when it comes to respect yoruba is at the bottom of the list
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by londoner: 11:33am On Feb 26, 2011
@theif of hearts, the issue is not whether any non-Yoruba actor/actress has EVER been in a Yoruba movie.

It is about whether those same actors and actresses you mentioned have made their CAREER in Yoruba movies.

99% of them are paying their mortgages and their children's school fees from their career in non Yoruba language films. Why? Because that part of the industry gives them that OPPORTUNITY.

Or are you suggesting that Tony Umeh and Zack Orji has made their career as actors in Yoruba language films?

You know to suggest that would be untrue.

I CAN however give you a list of people of non Igbo extraction, who I have never heard speak one word of Igbo, who have not only made their entire career in English speaking Nollywood, but are among the actual face of Nollywood, the very essence of it.

That is not a delusion of granduer but it is EVIDENCE of the FACT that English speaking Nollywood is the most inclusive movie industry that has ever come out of Nigeria.

Dont let the fact that it has ALOT of Igbo participation stick in your throat.

Incidently, when these actors starred in a Yoruba movie, did they have to speak Yoruba?

If they did, then would that opportunity have been given to them if they can only speak English, if not, then you are simply proving my point.

No such barrier exists in Nollywood, for either a Nigerian actor or even Ghanaian to make a CAREER.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by rhymz(m): 1:27pm On Feb 26, 2011
In addition to what Londoner has said, I want to add that proposing that every tribe or ethnicity should have their own industry separate from Nollywood is tantamount to saying we have no need for integration and the only way anyone can learn other people's culture is by learning to speak their language. That is myopic and wreaks of tribal jingoism, Nobody is less proud of their cultural heritage because they decide to adopt another language to tell their stories and teach their culture. Infact, on the contrary, using a language that has a wider reach and acceptance is the key to spreading that cultural heritage you are proud of-that is if that is the actual aim of those movies-unless it is a case of spreading it to people that already know about it i.e thesame Yorubas.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:37pm On Feb 26, 2011
londoner:

@theif of hearts, the issue is not whether any non-Yoruba actor/actress has EVER been in a Yoruba movie.

It is about whether those same actors and actresses you mentioned have made their CAREER in Yoruba movies.

What you asked in your initial post and what you're asking now are two different things. Go play that game with someone else. First it was 'they dont allow non-Yorubas in their movies" now it's "Im talking about them making a career in them", who are you fooling with that BS?

Rachel Oniga and Fatia Balogun arent Yoruba yet their careers are mostly in the Yoruba industry. Same with Doris Atemohin.

To go outside of Africa for a moment, Penelope Cruz has a few movies in Hollywood but her real career lies in Spanish movies, should Spanish movies start speaking English to accommodate her?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by londoner: 9:40pm On Feb 26, 2011
@thief of hearts, cut and paste where I said yorubas do NOT ALLOW non Yorubas in their movies, simply cut and paste it straight from my post.

Secondly, my point was that if Non Yorubas are in Yoruba films, they have speak Yoruba, right?

So what happens if a Nigerians has never learned the language?

They cant then star in a Yoruba movie can they? No such hurdle has to be scale by Nigerians to enter Nollywood. it means there is sothing stopping you from having the opportunity.

As far as Penelope Cruz, she can star in mainly Spanish speaking movies, but she cant then turn around and complain that English speaking Hollywood appeals to more people and has a much more diverse actors and audiences, not to mention makes more money.

I for one am not advocating for there to be no more Yoruba movies, but I prefer the inclusive nature of Nollywood it is what Nigeria needs, why wouldn't I?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by ragdollz: 11:28pm On Feb 26, 2011
It's appalling how folks who've never seen ONE Yoruba film in their whole life, have such deep-seated assumptions about the genre. Anyway I'd probably act the same against any of those so-called Igbo movies. My sight will be just ad myopic, my mind just as narrow, as those trying to down-play the pull Yoruba film and actors are having in the industry today. It's not a competition betwn Nollywood and Yorubawood tongue - they're just letting you know that Yoruba movies can hold their own right now more than ever. Just give them the due respect and quit generalizing till you've sat down and actually watched one!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:09am On Feb 27, 2011
ragdollz:

It's appalling how folks who've never seen ONE Yoruba film in their whole life, have such deep-seated assumptions about the genre. Anyway I'd probably act the same against any of those so-called Igbo movies. My sight will be just ad myopic, my mind just as narrow, as those trying to down-play the pull Yoruba film and actors are having in the industry today. It's not a competition betwn Nollywood and Yorubawood tongue - they're just letting you know that Yoruba movies can hold their own right now more than ever. Just give them the due respect and quit generalizing till you've sat down and actually watched one!

Exactly. There's really nothing more for me to say, Im in complete agreement with this post.

The down-play and sheer disrespect these titmice have just proves their extreme ignorance of the Yoruba movie industry and frankly I dont have the time to try to enlighten., It's quite obvious many enjoy just being ignorant re: this issue so I wish them well
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 27, 2011
ragdollz:

The sense in your post got lost the minute you made the bolded and coloured comment above

@TOH
Hiya sweetiepie kiss kiss kiss kiss How have you been?missed you kiss I ran away from the thread immediately the tribal war started. I can't fit shout grin cheesy
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:46pm On Feb 27, 2011
Lol crazy woman grin what did you think would happen? what are yu up to? more over how are you dealing with these new babes running around NL these days jo undecided

and jenni I see what you meant by the bolded but eventually she's right cos to be honest they're NOT really Igbo movies since they're not speaking Igbo in them. wink
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by balowo(m): 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2011
if u are in rome u need act like roman. respect your elders. those actors are the 1st actors in nigeria will know
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by shopie: 4:38pm On Feb 28, 2011
who will like to greet Sister Uche Jumbo with her mismatch attires. She played a minor role in one youruba movie trying to speak yourba. she should tell us who and who didn't like to greet cause i know that yorubas can greet you 100 times in a day. This are thge tribe that like to greet people at any giving time. grin
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by gigabytes: 5:12pm On Feb 28, 2011
Uche Jombo who is this person, Wow NL you are all too imp than this tin. Please make your money online and forget her. Shes nothing, quote me she's nothing. And if you want to support her, go ahead. She is 2 small to ,

Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by roymary: 9:09am On Mar 01, 2011
Y'all didn't get the entire gist!  Uche Jumbo said and quote " Nollywood or Yorubahood sucks as a whole; I suck too for a world class actress with my igbo accent"
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Koikoi(m): 10:33pm On Mar 01, 2011
Tribal Bigots, sheath your swords on mere greetings! let's organize urselves to fight the common enemy CORRUPTION
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by maxproxl: 10:16am On Mar 02, 2011
its so unfortunate for the tribalistic comments on this thread, uche jombo is a big fool, u dont say such sensitive issues in public, I dont blame her though, as she's quite new in the industry. veterans like omotola, stella damascus, emeka ike, ramsey noah, RMD, bimbo akintola, kate henshaw or even genevieve will never utter such words in public.

THE PAINFUL TRUTH IS THAT AS NIGERIANS, WE STILL INDULGE IN TRIBALISM; WHEN THE WORLD IS WAGING WAR AGAINST RACISM. THATS THE REASON WHY SOME PEOPLE STILL FIND IT DIFFICULT TO ACCEPT GOODLUCK JONATHAN(JUST BECAUSE HE HAILS FROM A MINORITY ZONE) .

I HAVE A ONE ON ONE RELATIONSHIP WITH SOME PROMINENT NOLLYWOOD ENGLISH ACTORS AND HAVE DISCOVERED THAT ITS A FACT THAT MOST ENGLISH MOVIE PRODUCERS ARE TRIBALISTIC.

THIS IS THE REASON WHY YORUBA MOVIES ARE THRIVING. WHY DO U THINK "MULTI-CHOICE", OWNERS OF DSTV CREATED "AFRICA MAGIC-YORUBA". ITS A BLEND OF PEOPLE FROM ALL MAJOR TRIBES IN NIGERAI(URHOBO, ISHAN, ISOKO, ITSEKIRI, IGBO, HAUSA, FULANI, KWALE etc).
AS LONG AS U CAN SPEAK THE LANGUAGE AND IMPRESS THE PRODUCERS DURING AUDITIONS, YOU WILL BE PICKED.

A GOOD EXAMPLE. A FRIEND OF MINE WENT FOR AN AUDITION LAST YEAR; AND WAS REJECTED JUST BECAUSE HE HAS A YORUBA NAME. THE GUY WENT FOR ANOTHER ONE, CHANGED HIS NAME TO CHARLES ANTIOCH AND PRETENDED TO BE IBO; AND WAS ALLOWED TO SHOW HIS SKILLS.

ITS SO SAD AND PATHETIC. THIS TREND SHOULD BE CORRECTED BY THE ACTORS GUILD OR THE FILM SENSORS BOARD OR ANY OTHER REGULATORY BODY.
WE ARE ALL NIGERIANS. PLEASE LETS MAKE IT WORK
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 02, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

Lol crazy woman grin what did you think would happen? what are yu up to? more over how are you dealing with these new babes running around NL these days jo undecided

LMAO My dear I left the romance section many months ago because of them grin grin awon oloshi undecided that place have become a play ground for he-diots undecided
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by WASKYAMii: 11:56am On Mar 02, 2011
pls u all should remember that we are here to give opinions and not to abuse people, be aware of www
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by rhymz(m): 10:27pm On Mar 02, 2011
maxpro-xl:

its so unfortunate for the tribalistic comments on this thread, uche jombo is a big fool, u dont say such sensitive issues in public, I dont blame her though, as she's quite new in the industry. veterans like omotola, stella damascus, emeka ike, ramsey noah, RMD, bimbo akintola, kate henshaw or even genevieve will never utter such words in public.

THE PAINFUL TRUTH IS THAT AS NIGERIANS, WE STILL INDULGE IN TRIBALISM; WHEN THE WORLD IS WAGING WAR AGAINST RACISM. THATS THE REASON WHY SOME PEOPLE STILL FIND IT DIFFICULT TO ACCEPT GOODLUCK JONATHAN(JUST BECAUSE HE HAILS FROM A MINORITY ZONE) .

I HAVE A ONE ON ONE RELATIONSHIP WITH SOME PROMINENT NOLLYWOOD ENGLISH ACTORS AND HAVE DISCOVERED THAT ITS A FACT THAT MOST ENGLISH MOVIE PRODUCERS ARE TRIBALISTIC.

THIS IS THE REASON WHY YORUBA MOVIES ARE THRIVING. WHY DO U THINK "MULTI-CHOICE", OWNERS OF DSTV CREATED "AFRICA MAGIC-YORUBA". ITS A BLEND OF PEOPLE FROM ALL MAJOR TRIBES IN NIGERAI(URHOBO, ISHAN, ISOKO, ITSEKIRI, IGBO, HAUSA, FULANI, KWALE etc).
AS LONG AS U CAN SPEAK THE LANGUAGE AND IMPRESS THE PRODUCERS DURING AUDITIONS, YOU WILL BE PICKED.

A GOOD EXAMPLE. A FRIEND OF MINE WENT FOR AN AUDITION LAST YEAR; AND WAS REJECTED JUST BECAUSE HE HAS A YORUBA NAME. THE GUY WENT FOR ANOTHER ONE, CHANGED HIS NAME TO CHARLES ANTIOCH AND PRETENDED TO BE IBO; AND WAS ALLOWED TO SHOW HIS SKILLS.

ITS SO SAD AND PATHETIC. THIS TREND SHOULD BE CORRECTED BY THE ACTORS GUILD OR THE FILM SENSORS BOARD OR ANY OTHER REGULATORY BODY.
WE ARE ALL NIGERIANS. PLEASE LETS MAKE IT WORK
You are even worse than a tribalist, spewing hear-say and half-truths like they are true. Imagine the silly suggestion that Yorubawood came into existence because they were not being given roles on the basis of their tribe. So Omotola, Bimbo Akintola, Ini Edo, Ramsey Noah, Olu Jacobs, the Ghamains, Mercy Johnson and co have Igbo names abi? Seriously, some of you just give reasons why people label Yorubas as Tribalistic. A lot of you guys are unneccessarily paranoid and have an overbloated sense of worth. Who stops a Yoruba movie maker from constituting a crew that has at least 60% mix of other tribes in order to counter the alleged alienating nature of the "tribalistic Igbo movie maker?" Instead they set out to make movies about themselves, in their own language and with a tribally homogeneous crew of %90-%100 yoruba and you are here screaming murder on others. My friend abeg slow your roll jor and stop spewing hokum.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by maxproxl: 12:23am On Mar 03, 2011
rhymz, u seem not to understand d content of my post, it was from a neutral point of view. read thru again to get details, u need to show some maturity ans stop abusing. nairaland is only a platform for u mke your opinions known, tribalism flows in your blood. am not surprise though
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 12:32am On Mar 03, 2011
rhymz:

You are even worse than a tribalist, spewing hear-say and half-truths like they are true. Imagine the silly suggestion that Yorubawood came into existence because they were not being given roles on the basis of their tribe. So Omotola, Bimbo Akintola, Ini Edo, Ramsey Noah, Olu Jacobs, the Ghamains, Mercy Johnson and co have Igbo names abi? Seriously, some of you just give reasons why people label Yorubas as Tribalistic. A lot of you guys are unneccessarily paranoid and have an overbloated sense of worth. Who stops a Yoruba movie maker from constituting a crew that has at least 60% mix of other tribes in order to counter the alleged alienating nature of the "tribalistic Igbo movie maker?" Instead they set out to make movies about themselves, in their own language and with a tribally homogeneous crew of %90-%100 yoruba and you are here screaming murder on others. My friend abeg slow your roll jor and stop spewing hokum.

Thanks a bunch. Some folks are just pathetic. They forget that some of the main 'founding' actors/actresses of English Nollywood are not even Igbo. The likes of Liz Benson, Regina Askia, Richard Mofe Damijo, and some the other names you mentioned. These non- Igbos were the very cream of the industry even at inception. It is amazing how some people allow themselves to be blinded by hateful bigotry laced with paranoia. . .cemented with an overbloated sense of worth.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by olawonder(m): 8:18pm On Mar 09, 2011
Am not even going to say anything about the thread - The length of contribution on this thread, and peoples' manners toward one another show we all REALLY don't like each other! Yoruba, Ibo, Hausa; until the opportunity to yab one another (like this) comes up, we're always pretending to be one people, one nation.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by hottyspice: 12:57am On Mar 10, 2011
I am yoruba and I will say things from my own point of view,both yoruba and igbo are into quantity,same storyline,at times same cast and mostly different cast,in yoruba industry all actor/actress is a producer,wdh is dat,we have the ones wiv class tunde kilani and tade ogidan,and just few,and pls funke no be good producer she was only lucky wv jenifer,is jelili a sensible movie?u all come out here and say crap,lemme not go into their look.
To the igbo,dey also write the same story and same cast or diff cast,and they have few good producers,my respect goes to chico ejiro and there is this female producer who is also good.
Right now igbo movies or english(whateva u wanna call it)are being showed in our own cinema and also may be just one yoruba movie.
Yorubas might be d pioneer of nigeria movies,let's call a spade a spade,igbo movies are doing better,just a bit better.
Inshort they are d same,yoruba is even worse,they are greedy bastards,a movie has disc a,b,c,d and yet has part 2,and igbo has just 1 cd buh has part 4 in another name,pls tell are they not both wacked,u are all blinded by the fact tht dat na d same naija blood dey run in dem,jibiti bloodline,and u are here arguing shit.
U are saying d igbos only use igbo,that's total nonsense,did ths uche jombo rise in a year like ini edo,omotola,bimbo akintola(b4 she went dead)rita dominic,genivieve,mercy johnson,some get lucky and some don't,if u are good,u go rise.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Borat1: 7:14am On Mar 10, 2011
hottyspice:

I am yoruba and I will say things from my own point of view,both yoruba and igbo are into quantity,same storyline,at times same cast and mostly different cast,in yoruba industry all actor/actress is a producer,wdh is dat,we have the ones wiv class tunde kilani and tade ogidan,and just few,and pls funke no be good producer she was only lucky wv jenifer,is jelili a sensible movie?u all come out here and say crap,lemme not go into their look.
To the igbo,dey also write the same story and same cast or diff cast,and they have few good producers,my respect goes to chico ejiro and there is this female producer who is also good.
Right now igbo movies or english(whateva u wanna call it)are being showed in our own cinema and also may be just one yoruba movie.
Yorubas might be d pioneer of nigeria movies,let's call a spade a spade,igbo movies are doing better,just a bit better.
Inshort they are d same,yoruba is even worse,they are greedy bastards,a movie has disc a,b,c,d and yet has part 2,and igbo has just 1 cd buh has part 4 in another name,pls tell are they not both wacked,u are all blinded by the fact tht dat na d same naija blood dey run in dem,jibiti bloodline,and u are here arguing poo.
U are saying d igbos only use igbo,that's total nonsense,did ths uche jombo rise in a year like ini edo,omotola,bimbo akintola(b4 she went dead)rita dominic,genivieve,mercy johnson,some get lucky and some don't,if u are good,u go rise.

Will you be my wife? smiley
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by lovelynat(f): 3:27am On Mar 21, 2011
tkb417:

and you have not see Blood Money Part 1,2,3,4 , Nnenka the pretty serpent, Karishika, Living in Bondage and the other movies that were all about rituals and juju?

OMG karishika lolz, that s*** was sick. i think the sound track went Lucifer Lucifer prince of darkness, Karishika Karishika queen of demons. memories,

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

E-Money Throws Birthday Party For Wife (Photos) / Freeze: "Drinking Beer Is Not A Sin. Yahoo Boy Pastors Condemning It Are Liars" / Patoranking Celebrates His 27th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.