Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,150 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. (27123 Views)

Chioma Akpotha Shades Uche Jombo, Emem Isong, Omoni Oboli / Uche Jombo And Her Brother, Nelson Jombo, Who Is A Producer Pictured Together / Who Among This Actors Do You Think He Acts The Role Of Notorious Guy Best?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Felibaby(f): 6:58am On Feb 24, 2011
Yes. I understand but you can set the pace for others to follow and they might just see reason with you. Ezeuche & co are not animals so i'm sure they will reason and stop being tribalistic.

ONE LOVE! grin

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by fstranger3(m): 7:03am On Feb 24, 2011
I dont think you know Ezeuche, he is worse than an animal

Look at him from last year:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-549104.0.html

Now contrast that with what you've seen on this thread?

As you can see for yourself, he is a goat, actually worse than a goat.

He is a one track mind, all he knows is tribalism. He revels in it.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by EzeUche2(m): 7:13am On Feb 24, 2011
Felibaby:

Shut up your mouth.

You are not better than anybody else. Yorunba are not better, Igbos are not better, neither are Hausas better.

Grow up. You are part of the future of tomoro.

You must be smoking some strong Igbo. undecided undecided undecided

Because I said Igbos are loved in Ghana, you get upset? Well it is the truth. Flavour and Duncan Mighty get plenty of love.

I am not saying that other Nigerians do not get love in that country, because D'banj was showered with love as well. But to hear people around the continent singing Igwe and saying Chineke me, makes my heart soar. I can thank a non-Igbo, Timaya, for also helping to spread Igbo phrases.

Either way, tell your brothers and sisters to stop bothering the Igbos. Most of us fight fire with fire. The person you are talking to, fstranger is not redeemable.

And you can't consider someone tribalist, if they are mixed with various groups. I am not even full Igbo.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Felibaby(f): 7:31am On Feb 24, 2011
I still stand on my point.

I will be praying for you broda. kiss
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by igboboy1(m): 7:38am On Feb 24, 2011
Felibaby:

Shut up your mouth.

You are not better than anybody else. Yorunba are not better, Igbos are not better, neither are Hausas better.

Grow up. You are part of the future of tomoro.

Confused ant, tribalism is the future einstein

fstranger3:

Tribalsim is the future of Nigeria. Dont get it twisted

I GIVE YOU A+ for your insight. you are very right, no mind felibaby living in lala land

fstranger3:

So you want me to eccentric and vulnerable?

Good people dont last, only vicious Tribalists do.

Another A+

Felibaby:

I try not to be tribalistic and i am not eccentric and vulnerable.

So my dear friend, u can do it too. Love is the word. wink

F- , dullard

fstranger3:

The word is a very hateful place, as you yourself could see form the actions and mannerisms of hateful people like Ezeuche and Igboboy. I believe in meeting fire with fire.

I never thought I could have something in common with a yoruba, Nna na fire all the way , you too much

Felibaby:

Yes. I understand but you can set the pace for others to follow and they might just see reason with you. Ezeuche & co are not animals so i'm sure they will reason and  stop being tribalistic.

ONE LOVE! grin

GO TO OPRAH, GO TO OPRAH, ONE LOVE MY RIGHT YANSH

Felibaby:

I still stand on my point.

I will be praying for you broda.  kiss

INFACT I CANT GIVE YOU ANOTHER F-,  take a Z double minus (Z- -)  grin
stop living in lala land
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by farochron(m): 7:49am On Feb 24, 2011
Dumb remark from Uche Jombo. How does she want them to respect her. To prostrate to her every morning or leak her feet. That statement should not even be coming from a motor-controlled actress like her
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Felibaby(f): 7:58am On Feb 24, 2011
igbo boy:

Confused ant, tribalism is the future einstein

I GIVE YOU A+ for your insight. you are very right, no mind felibaby living in lala land

Another A+

F- , dullard

I never thought I could have something in common with a yoruba, Nna na fire all the way , you too much

GO TO OPRAH, GO TO OPRAH, ONE LOVE MY RIGHT YANSH

INFACT I CANT GIVE YOU ANOTHER F-, take a Z double minus (Z- -) grin
stop living in lala land

angry

i refuse to be angry

1. You called me ANT

2. Dullard

I know how to insult too. Infact i know how to trade insult like in a market.

BUT i refuse to descend to your level. At this stage in your miserable life , where has tribalism taken you?

Wake up darling. kiss

PS. i live in Nigeria and not Lala land. grin

Love u.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by ragdollz: 8:06am On Feb 24, 2011
Lol, that's cool, Ileke-Idi grin. It has reached the point where if I am asked to choose between watching a Nollywood movie or a Yoruba one. I'll pick the latter! And guess what, big-time movie makers like Teco Benson has started producing Yoruba movies! I guess he knows where the REAL money is being made!

Igboboy na wa for you, Yoruba movies have worldwide acceptance where ever black pple are. In the UK many Nigerians watch them, after all there are many films subtitled in English! Yoruba actors are gaining more recognition everyday: embrace it you guys and stop triba-hating!!!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by next1(m): 8:14am On Feb 24, 2011
God will bless u for this post
"Hmm!! Na wao! It really suprises me how much energy we exert condemning ourselves (Nigerians). I am ibo married to a half yoruba,half Liberian man and i live in Monrovia. Yes,Monrovia,Liberia.

You need to see how much respect we command here,not as ibo,yoruba,hausa,or edo, but as NIGERIANS. These same movies we condem are loved by foreigners and these Nollywood actors we love to hate are almost worshiped outside Nigeria. A few weeks back, people payed $50 (NOT VIP) just to see Chidi Mokeme in a club here.

Their girls would rather date or even marry a Nigerian rather than their fellow Liberia.That is not to say that they are bad people.

Personanlly, i think our problems will end the day we learn to appreciate each other,not because of tribe or ethnicity but as individuals, "
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by igboboy1(m): 8:18am On Feb 24, 2011
next1:

God will bless u for this post
"Hmm!! Na wao! It really suprises me how much energy we exert condemning ourselves (Nigerians). I am ibo married to a half yoruba,half Liberian man and i live in Monrovia. Yes,Monrovia,Liberia.

You need to see how much respect we command here,not as ibo,yoruba,hausa,or edo, but as NIGERIANS. These same movies we condem are loved by foreigners and these Nollywood actors we love to hate are almost worshiped outside Nigeria. A few weeks back, people payed $50 (NOT VIP) just to see Chidi Mokeme in a club here.

Their girls would rather date or even marry a Nigerian rather than their fellow Liberia.That is not to say that they are bad people.

Personanlly, i think our problems will end the day we learn to appreciate each other,not because of tribe or ethnicity but as individuals, "

Another F-, just like feli baby
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by igboboy1(m): 8:19am On Feb 24, 2011
ragdollz:

Lol, that's cool, Ileke-Idi grin. It has reached the point where if I am asked to choose between watching a Nollywood movie or a Yoruba one. I'll pick the latter! And guess what, big-time movie makers like Teco Benson has started producing Yoruba movies! I guess he knows where the REAL money is being made!

Igboboy na wa for you, Yoruba movies have worldwide acceptance where ever black pple are. In the UK many Nigerians watch them, after all there are many films subtitled in English! Yoruba actors are gaining more recognition everyday: embrace it you guys and stop triba-hating!!!

Nna me triba hating?, black people like yoruba movies? well good for unu then, me I am a racist when it comes to movies, i dont do anything from the black continent so i no care whether na odudua or Igbotic or ijaw I aint watching.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by igboboy1(m): 8:24am On Feb 24, 2011
Felibaby:

angry

i refuse to be angry

1. You called me ANT

2. Dullard

I know how to insult too. Infact i know how to trade insult like in a market.

BUT i refuse to descend to your level. At this stage in your miserable life , where has tribalism taken you?

Wake up darling. kiss

PS. i live in Nigeria and not Lala land. grin

Love u.
then insult nau ah ah see me see wahala o

well if you call an educated CPA working for one of the big 4 accounting firms in the world, enjoying constant electricity (which u dont) miserable then o boy i love being miserable, anuofia

Where has tribalism taken me? its more like where has love taken me? Nowhere, Tribalism has made me understand my culture, tirbalism has made me learn how to speak igbo, tribalism has made me confident as a Nwa' Afor, geez girl where has love taken you? No ask me stupid question again o i am warning you (in igbotic accent)
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Felibaby(f): 8:45am On Feb 24, 2011
grin

Tribalism has done nothing for you.

It has only made u bitter against your fellow human and also given you a false sense of superiority.

IGBOBOY, wat do u stand to gain from all this? ( another question for u) cheesy

Get a life.

Nna, no dey press my button o. I just dey simmer for u o. Nkita tongue (in igbotic accent)
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by kemisuga(f): 9:03am On Feb 24, 2011
@ Uchennaq - THUNDER FIRE YOU, What has my Mama done for you? Is my Mama here on nairaland

I dont blame you, cause people like you wake their mama from sleep with leg-kick.

U LACK HOME TRAINING, MANNERLESS HE-GOAT
angry
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by ragdollz: 9:11am On Feb 24, 2011
That's impressive, @next1 - there was a time when anything Nigerian was condemned in Liberia, talking about 20 yrs ago by my history books grin. I know any black nation would love Nigerian movies and actors. I know some Jamaicans who love Nigerian movies and subscribe for the channels, so they can watch our movies (yes even Yoruba films) on cable. When these actors travel abroad they are treated as lovingly as Hollywood A -listers. Lol
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by pragmatic1: 9:25am On Feb 24, 2011
To think I take offense to our ethnic group  being refered to as tribes. What it connotes is very degrading and insulting. The uncivil comments made against each other's enthnicity is deplorable. The unwillingness to get out of our safe zone  just clinging to what and who we know, the laziness to look beyound myths and peharps see interest in other culture that surround us means the term tribes would for ever present when the west refer to our ethnic group.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by googles: 9:30am On Feb 24, 2011
I trust that bigot, Ezeuche to be here. . . . .it doesn't take him a minute to detect a thread with the subtlest amount of tribalism 

bloody nama kiss
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Jiah011(f): 9:36am On Feb 24, 2011
Why bring in tribalism? Nigerian movies regardless of yoruba or ibo, or whatever tribe are crap. Fighting over whose garbage is worse. First, produce good films, then maybe there will be something to argue over. Till then, this argument is nonsense. Who respects anyone in Naija? It's all about money, name/status, materialism.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by HIROSHI: 9:49am On Feb 24, 2011
I used to dislike all Nigerian movies until I started seeing Tunde Kelani movies. They are exceptional. Truly, I enjoy Yoruba and Hausa movies better than the Nigerian English ones, may be because I would have made up my mind that I am watching a DRAMA than watching a drama that pretends to be a FILM.

The local movies are good dramas but films, kai! they all have a looooooooooooooooong way to go before they can be considered as good films.

Nigerian movie industry is more about quantity of production and not quality of production. Be that as it may, I respect late Hubert Ogunde, Moses Olaiya (A.K.A Baba Sala), Amaka Isaac-Ene/ Amaka Igwe, Laolu Ogunniyi, late Afolayan (Ade Love) and his son (producer of Figurine) and Tunde Kelani. They were/are very good producers.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by gohome: 10:12am On Feb 24, 2011
okooyinbo:

@gohome and Sannmy

How do I start? Well, I will begin like this. Your childish arguements are a show of disgrace. In what ways are the Yoruba more tribalistic than the rest of Nigerians?

It is very idiotic to say the Yoruba actors should be acting in English. It is really very disrespectful. If you dont watch them, no one begs you to. Or has anyone of them complained to you?

And mr. enlightened Sannmy, I am afraid I have to disappoint you. You are not an inch enlightened. Not at all! Those arguements you put forward betray many things about you but enlightenment is not among them.

You just proved my point, its a known fact yorubas are much more tribal, well at least others see them that way, its like saying ibos like money more than other tribes or fulani love revenge or calabar love sex, or americans are proud, or germans are strict, its generalization i know buh its true, You said its very idiotic to say yoruba actors should act in english, i laugh like they dont, my friend they do man, i have watched the only one i know, that jennifer girl, dont know her real name, the problem is the english, i personally cant stand Hair for Air, I belive exposure is your problem, i guess you stay in lagos or one those yoruba town ado or ore or ogbomosho so you dont have an idea what other think of yorubas, NYSC is a complete waste of money, It was supose to expose us to other ways of life but it has failed shame.

ok lemme agree to your idea, Omotola acts a Yoruba movie she becomes more famous, lol, if i was a social studies teacher, its will be a classic example of how tribalism blinds our thinking, Nollywood made omotola work on read carpets, gave her model roles, made her UN ambassador, do yo think jenifer, i am guessing that yoruwood favorite can attain all these with yoruba movies, i laugh.

another one idea, Nollywood is becomin jealouus of yoruwood i laugh , 1 billion people know me, 5 million knows you, who do you think will become jealous me or you?

Its a shame, I can clearly see why tribalism is worst than corruption, I can clearly see,

so brother, the next time read by comments and criticize objectively, i am not Igbo, from my post you should have seen that, neither am i yoruba. I am still waiting Mr enlightenned for 9jas sharing formula
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by victorazy(m): 10:48am On Feb 24, 2011
what do u expect from non educated person that suddenly touched money
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by binhozie(m): 10:51am On Feb 24, 2011
Wetin dey answer "Yoruba Speaking Actors"?  
Shioor, nonsense and ingredients!
Uche Jumbo is not your everyday nana, She's rich! She's a well paid Glo ambassador, and so are the other "English Speaking Igbo Actors"
If they were that significant why isnt Egbon Glo giving them contracts?  tongue
Everyone wants to strike the tribalism chord unneccesarily
Like someone pointed out, all nigerian films are TRASH!!!!!! Igbo, Yoruba, and Hausa (Bless my soul  cry cry)
But the more significant of the lot is. . .You guessed it  tongue
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by rhymz(m): 11:10am On Feb 24, 2011
I hate bigotry and I am going to be frank here with my own contributions. Both the so-called Yoruba movies and english speeking movies are all nollywood movies, the needless classification is probably the creation of some tribalistic journalists. These movies are done by Nigerians whether they speak english or not and I dont think there is anything wrong with having movies that highlight our culture in a positive light; this is where I ve a problem with most of the movies done in Yoruba. There is too much emphasis on diabolical plots & fetishsm, that was why in my earlier post I said they lack dynamism. Movies like that use to be ok back then but now we need to see more depth, they give one the wrong impression that the Yoruba culture is steeped with diabolism and fetish worship alone. There are so many issues that can be highlighted in cultural movies that nobody is interested in, that is why after a while, my interest in those movies just died a natural death. As for the english speaking movies, yes they are far from where we want them to be but they are doing a good job so far. At least, they somehow relate their plot with modern day happenings, be it love, intertribal marriages,politics,societal ills(like yahoo yahoo), comedy, some have even upped the bar with attempts at sci-fi, war and so on. People want to hear,see and discuss movies that highlights what they go through and experience not movies that are always obsessively fetish and diabolical.
And lets be frank, apart from Lagos and other southwestern states, yoruba speaking movies are not porpular outside those confines, so it is silly for anyone to suggest a competition between them and their english speaking counter part, the latter will always have an upper hand and wider reach no matter what.
And it should be noted that the so-called Yoruba movies are part of nollywood, the problem most of the time is with people who are yet to live outside of their state and region, they make baseless classifications all the time based on their limited knowledge of the industry. Do you know that both in Onitsha and Aba there is a budding film industry there as well, enugu for instance is known for its lure of movie location and set with very wide distributions in Aba and Onitsha alone not to talk of Lagos, do we now say they are not part of nollywood? The only difference is that unlike their south western counter-part they would rather use english language as their medium of communication to reach a wider audience-that is not to say that there are no Igbo speaking movies-it is just in the minority and the reason is obviously business considerations. Besides, too much emphasis on using your own language in movies will dwarf growth and even polarise the industry, it will only plague the industry with unhealthy competition amongst tribe. Truth be told, if there is a competition say between Igbo speaking movies and Yoruba speaking movies, the former will have a wider reach for obvious reasons. Igbo business men and traders dominate the film distribution network, both movie production and funding are done by marketers until recently, the so-called Yoruba movies used to be heavily distributed and marketed by thesame traders and marketers. Another reason they will do better is that the Igbo population is intimidatingly sprawling over the entire 36 states of this country and abroad and that has been the reason why the so-called english movie have a wider reach than even hollywood movies. How many of you know that there are Nigerians, mostly Igbos, who come down to Nigeria from neigbouring African countries to buy old Nigerian movies in ghana-must-go bags and and re-sell them in those countries? It is one thing to make movies, it is another thing to get them to people to see them and that is where the easterners have an upper hand. So it is sheer folly for anyone to contemplate competition because that is where the real segragation and tribalism will rear their ugly heads and it will be done in such a way it will seem normal because in competition there is no such thing as fair everybody does whatever it takes to dominate the game.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by scholes0(m): 11:34am On Feb 24, 2011
^^ Assumptions assumptions assumptions!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by kemisuga(f): 11:50am On Feb 24, 2011
@ rhymz - Can see u got some lots of time for your tales. Wish I can hav lots like u
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by fstranger3(m): 11:52am On Feb 24, 2011
kemisuga:

@ rhymz - Can see u got some lots of time for your tales. Wish I can hav lots like u

The guy is beyond crazy
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by rhymz(m): 12:35pm On Feb 24, 2011
kemisuga:

Oh, I guess you decided to write crap with your little time. . .scheeeeew. . You struggle to make sense, Miss, with that crap up.
fstranger3:

The guy is beyond crazy
You are a raving lunatic that should not be paid any mind. A Fool that wants to get popular by all means even if it means being a nuisance in every thread, abeg pack one corner jare!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by gohome: 12:36pm On Feb 24, 2011
scholes0:

^^ Assumptions assumptions assumptions!

dispute dispute dispute
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by uchennaq(m): 12:43pm On Feb 24, 2011
[size=20pt]@kemisuga aka suya[/size]

@ Uchennaq - THUNDER FIRE YOU, What has my Mama done for you? Is my Mama here on nairaland Huh

I dont blame you, cause people like you wake their mama from sleep with leg-kick.

U LACK HOME TRAINING, MANNERLESS HE-GOAT
Angry

[size=20pt]YES AM A HE GOAT I CONTROL SO MANY WOMEN SO THAT I CAN MATE THEM AS A SIGN OF BEING SUPERIOR TO AN EARTHWORM LIKE YOU. CHINEKE KPO KWA GI OKU.[/size]

[size=20pt]GOD PUNISH YOU AND YOUR YEYE GIRL FRIEND. [/size]

[size=20pt]RAPIST
[/size]

[size=20pt]I WILL SEND YOU TO HELL IF YOU EVER CROSS MY PART, MUMU[/size]
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by gohome: 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2011
kemisuga:

Trust me He doesn't, He, just like me have noticed the rot tribalism has done to us and how people has be badly oriented because of lack of exposure. A word is suppose to be enough for the wise, buh my friend, unwise comments from unwise people needs tales trust me.

Now i would love you to criticize objectively, incase you dont know what that means, lemme explain, look for the point he made and dispute it simple. This forum is suppose to be a place where we share ideas even by arguing, share yours we want to learn.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by uchennaq(m): 12:51pm On Feb 24, 2011
[size=20pt]ALL THE YORUBA SPEAKING ACTORS ARE TOILET ASS WIPE[/size], tongue
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Felibaby(f): 12:54pm On Feb 24, 2011
I weep for Nigeria. Your citizens need help. cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Davido Gifts His Cousin Tunji Adeleke Over N5m Cash On His Birthday (video) / Fathia Williams Celebrates Her 49th Birthday With New Photos / Tobi Bakre Wins Most Popular Bbnaija Housemate At Neclive7 Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.