Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,218 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. (27085 Views)

Chioma Akpotha Shades Uche Jombo, Emem Isong, Omoni Oboli / Uche Jombo And Her Brother, Nelson Jombo, Who Is A Producer Pictured Together / Who Among This Actors Do You Think He Acts The Role Of Notorious Guy Best?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by uchennaq(m): 3:39pm On Feb 23, 2011
[size=20pt]MOVE BIT*H !!! GET OUT THE WAY!!!   x 2  BIT*H GET OUT WAY X 1

@BLUETOOTH AKA BROWNTEETH
@uplawal

MOVE BIT*H!!! GET OUT THE WAY!!!   x 2  BIT*H GET OUT WAY X 1
[/size]
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 23, 2011
9ja voice:

Both groups consist of actors of only a certain tribe, Igbos and Yorubas, the only difference is that the Igbo actors have not started speaking their language in their movies, they are still speaking broken and laughable English.
If they are truly the 'English speaking actors' she said and not a collection of Igbo actors only, then why don't they give roles to non Igbos?[/b]Nigeria is messed up.

i realy don't wana be tribalize in my points here.
The bolded is not true, Do you remember the bellow actor's and actor's and actress:

[b]ALI HUHU
an hausa guy
Olu jacobs a yoruba man
Halima Abubaka a northerner
Ramsy noah a yoruba
Ini Edo a cross river
Mercy Johnson a kogi lady
Desmond Elliot from cross river (i'm not sure)
Omotala jalade a yoruba
RMD a delta yoruba
and a lot other's

Below are other west African actor's and actress igbo's has brought into nollywood industry:
Yvonne Nelson  Ghana
Jackie Appia  Ghana
Van vicker  Ghana and Liberia
Nadia buari  Ghana
Majid micheal  Ghana
Juliet Ibrahim  Ghana
Kofi Ajorlolo
Mercy Asiedu
and a lot more

We also have some Europeans and Asians in Nolly wood. This is simply to tell you that igbo's did not in anyway
tribalize nollywood. Onething about igbo's is that they love competition and also quality, you must prove your worth to fit in among them.
vissited some move location's with these igbo actor's you will notice hundred's of igbo actor's and actress looking for chance to perform.
if you tag igbo's tribalist people then the above actor's of non igbo decent will laugh at you because they knows that their very tribe will never
do half of what the igbo's did to them. infact igbo's are too liberal to the point of using other tribe origin's to act igbo epic movies.
we igbo's starting from DELTA state to RIVER state are never tribalist people rather we love competition but when some weak individuals can't compete
they will tag it igbo's don't give them chance. Our igbo parents told us to work hard before we eat not to wait for tribe to pride for me.

thank you.
ONE OF THE TRUE SONS cheesy
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Feb 23, 2011
uchennaq:

[size=20pt]MOVE naughty woman!!! GET OUT THE WAY!!!   x 2  naughty woman GET OUT WAY X 1

@BLUETOOTH AKA BROWNTEETH
@uplawal

MOVE naughty woman!!! GET OUT THE WAY!!!   x 2  naughty woman GET OUT WAY X 1
[/size]

go and get your medication before your madness gets out of hand
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by bisiaet: 3:42pm On Feb 23, 2011
It doesnt really matter what anybody says about this thread all that matters is let us mind our business at least for once biko. Yoruba this Yoruba that is their cup of tea at least they are not complaining about us so why worrying our heads about them or their movies afterall  they are not forcing it on anybody.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by EzeUche2(m): 3:43pm On Feb 23, 2011
~Bluetooth:

which indigenious ibo movies are successful as the yoruba ? fyi,AFRICAMAGIC has dedicated channels for yoruba and hausa movies.

While Igbo, English-speaking movies are seen far and wide. The whole continent knows what Chineke or Igwe means, because of our movies.  cool
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by SweetT1: 3:44pm On Feb 23, 2011
@OP

OMG!!! Really? The world is coming to an end!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 23, 2011
EzeUche_:

While Igbo, English-speaking movies are seen far and wide. The whole continent knows what Chineke or Igwe means, because of our movies.  cool

yoruba and hausa indigenious movies are acknowledge which is why Africamagic dedicated 2 channels to their movies.ibo got none cry cry
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 23, 2011
Nollywood movies are trash. Same love scene and break up scene and cheating scene. Na wa o!

You'd think the Igbo language would be known far and wide (accd to EzeUche), but on the contrary, Yoruba languages are more known. Why is that?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 23, 2011
[q]

[q]ALI HUHU an hausa guy
Olu jacobs a yoruba man
Ramsy noah a yoruba
Ini Edo a cross river
Omotala jalade a yoruba
RMD a delta yoruba[/q]

Yes sir. Remove those that entered the industry before the tribalism really settled into their systems, remove those that joined in the early years, when they wee still coming up, and how many do you have left?
I admit I was wrong it is not made up of Igbo actors and directors exclusively.
It is 85% Igbos and the rest are non Ibos. What difference does that make?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 23, 2011
Sweet T:

@OP

OMG!!! Really? The world is coming to an end!

We don talk am say your world is a boring movie scene, but o ti confirm e. chai!!

@post
Who cares!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Nollywood movies are trash. Same love scene and break up scene and cheating scene. Na wa o!

You'd think the Igbo language would be known far and wide (accd to EzeUche), but on the contrary, Yoruba languages are more known. Why is that?

the only successful indigenious ibo movie i know was ''nneka'' which they acted over twenty years ago.since then nothing nothing .
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by uchennaq(m): 3:50pm On Feb 23, 2011
Both groups consist of actors of only a certain tribe, Igbos and Yorubas, the only difference is that the Igbo actors have not started speaking their language in their movies, they are still speaking broken and laughable English.
If they are truly the 'English speaking actors' she said and not a collection of Igbo actors only, then why don't they give roles to non Igbos?Nigeria is messed up.

i realy don't wana be tribalize in my points here.
The bolded is not true, Do you remember the bellow actor's and actor's and actress:

ALI HUHU an hausa guy
Olu jacobs a yoruba man
Ramsy noah a yoruba
Ini Edo a cross river
Omotala jalade a yoruba
RMD a delta yoruba
and a lot other's

Below are other west African actor's and actress igbo's has brought into nollywood industry:
Yvonne Nelson  Ghana
Jackie Appia  Ghana
Van vicker  Ghana and Liberia
Nadia buari  Ghana
Majid micheal  Ghana
Juliet Ibrahim  Ghana
Kofi Ajorlolo
Mercy Asiedu
and a lot more

We also have some Europeans and Asians in Nolly wood. This is simply to tell you that igbo's did not in anyway
tribalize nollywood. Onething about igbo's is that they love competition and also quality, you must prove your worth to fit in among them.
vissited some move location's with these igbo actor's you will notice hundred's of igbo actor's and actress looking for chance to perform.
if you tag igbo's tribalist people then the above actor's of non igbo decent will laugh at you because they knows that their very tribe will never
do half of what the igbo's did to them. infact igbo's are too liberal to the point of using other tribe origin's to act igbo epic movies.
we igbo's starting from DELTA state to RIVER state are never tribalist people rather we love competition but when some weak individuals can't compete
they will tag it igbo's don't give them chance. Our igbo parents told us to work hard before we eat not to wait for tribe to pride for me.

[size=20pt]YOU NOT UPDATED, SO THOSE ARE THE ONLY ACTORS YOU KNOW!!!!! YAWN[/size] cry

[size=20pt]LADIES AND GENTLE MEN LET US INTRODUCE THE FORMER MOST PAID NIGERIAN ACTOR

NKEM OWOH, CLAP CLAP CLAP cheesy

GENEVIEVE
SANDRA ACHUMS
JIM IYKE
MIKE EZORUNYE

THIS GUY IS INSULTING US!!!

I RESPECT OLU AND OMOTALA

YOU GUYS ARE LICKING OUR FEET
[/size]

BLACKGOLD
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by EzeUche2(m): 3:51pm On Feb 23, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Liar! Liar!

The only Nigerian language known far and wide is Hausa language. It is the 2nd most widely spoken language in Africa after Swahili.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Feb 23, 2011
~Bluetooth:

which indigenious ibo movies are successful as the yoruba ? fyi,AFRICAMAGIC has dedicated channels for yoruba and hausa movies.
please can u name the yorubas movie that is this successful cos i dnt watch their movie jst as u dnt watch ours?
If that yoruba movie is that successful then their actors and actresses must be enrolled more into the national movies than others!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by EzeUche2(m): 3:52pm On Feb 23, 2011
~Bluetooth:

the only successful indigenious ibo movie i know was ''nneka'' which they acted over twenty years ago.since then nothing nothing .

And what was a successful Yoruba movies? Cause I don't really know any. Same juju plot. All the time from what I can tell.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2011
EzeUche_:

Liar! Liar!

The only Nigerian language known far and wide is Hausa language. It is the 2nd most widely spoken language in Africa after Swahili.

Then I wonder what you'd do if you'd actually educate yourself. Hope you dont faint.
Ask your neighbor what "e seun" means grin grin grin
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by 9javoice1(m): 3:54pm On Feb 23, 2011
Go today to every African countries and even Caribbean countries,you will notice their quest for (Igbo)Nollywood movies. igbo's in no way competing with anybody instead they are at the centre stage competing with anyone at the stage not at a village square. listen i love Yoruba's a lot and am looking for the day igbo's and Yoruba's will unite,if that will happen,then Nigeria deliverance will show fourth.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 23, 2011
Toaskarity:

please can u name the yorubas movie that is this successful cos i dnt watch their movie jst as u dnt watch ours?
If that yoruba movie is that successful then their actors and actresses must be enrolled more into the national movies than others!

which ibo movie would you recommend for me ? even the core cultural ones are done with English language.na wao
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by EzeUche2(m): 3:55pm On Feb 23, 2011
9ja voice:

Go today to every African countries and even Caribbean countries,you will notice their quest for (Igbo)Nollywood movies. igbo's in no way competing with anybody instead they are at the centre stage competing with anyone at the stage not at a village square. listen i love Yoruba's a lot and am looking for the day igbo's and Yoruba's will unite,if that will happen,then Nigeria deliverance will show fourth.

Thank you!

People need to give us credit when credit is due.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 23, 2011
9ja voice:

ibos are not competing with anybody yet peter edochie is complaining about olu jacobs taking all available movie roles ?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by EzeUche2(m): 4:01pm On Feb 23, 2011
~Bluetooth:

ibos are not competing with anybody yet peter edochie is complaining about olu jacobs taking all available movie roles ?

He was complaining that Olu Jacobs were playing Igbo roles, without any knowledge of the culture. Big difference.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Cougar2: 4:01pm On Feb 23, 2011
~Bluetooth:

did pete edochie really complain or was quoted out of context?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by fstranger3(m): 4:01pm On Feb 23, 2011
The First Afro - Hollywood award was given to Jide Kosoko

Yoruba people started the movie industry too

Ibos are just reaping where they did not sow.  Buncha thieves
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by EzeUche2(m): 4:02pm On Feb 23, 2011
fstranger3:

The First Afro - Hollywood award was given to Jide Kosoko

Yoruba people started the movie industry too

Ibos are just reaping where they did not sow.  Buncha thieves

grin grin grin

I had to laugh at this.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 4:03pm On Feb 23, 2011
EzeUche_:

He was complaining the Olu Jacobs were playing Igbo roles, without any knowledge of the culture. Big difference.

what difference does that make if truly nollywood is for nigerians and not ibo ? use your head to see the hypocrisy of your people
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by EzeUche2(m): 4:04pm On Feb 23, 2011
~Bluetooth:

what difference does that make if truly nollywood is for nigerians and not ibo ? use your head to see the hypocrisy of your people

Would you find an Igbo actor playing the role of a Yoruba Oba? I do not think so. What Peter Edochie said had merit.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 23, 2011
*Cougar*:

did pete edochie really complain or was quoted out of context?

quoted or not,he has not come out to refute the report.

"Olu Jacobs should not play Igwe roles" Pete Edochie

"The people who are making movies are children and most of them are unintelligent. The person who is playing the Igwe roles in all the movies these

days is[b] Olu Jacobs. He is not an Igbo man. I simply do not understand why somebody who does not speak the Igbo language,[/b] who does not understand the

culture, the mind and the psychology of a people should be the one playing those roles. This is the reason why those roles are not being properly interpreted.

Have you ever seen a woman beside a Northern Emir? But I watched a film where people had to help hold Olu Jacobs wife in the movie and he basically raped

her because she refused to have sex with him and he was supposed to be the Igwe in the film. That is an absolute insult to the traditional stools of the Igbo

people. If he knew better he would have advised the producers of such a movie or should never have even taken part in it at all." Legendary Nollywood actor

Pete Edochie was quoted as saying recently

If truly nollywood is truly a representative of nigeria movie industry,why this kind of tribalistic comment from peter ?  tongue embarassed

EzeUche_:

Would you find an Igbo actor playing the role of a Yoruba Oba? I do not think so. What Peter Edochie had merit.

what is bad in that if the movie industry supports it ? are we not all one naija ? why the segregation ?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by 9javoice1(m): 4:10pm On Feb 23, 2011
My Newzealand friend here in Beijing told me that one thing he love from nigeria is Nigeria movies. he continue to disturb me about newest one's which i always have to order it for him from Guangzhou where there are a lot of igbo trader's.  

But when i ask him why he love nigeria movie that much but i don't: Infact i love american movies more. He simply reply me and say "American movies are just for entertainment,and has no moral to teach' but Nideria movies has a lot to teach in area of moral and community life and etc.

he also told me that i hate nigeria movie because am so familiar with it. he even told me that he is inlove for GENEVIVE infact he will like to marry her if she will accept,when he said this i laugh.   pls my dear brother's lets stop tribalism in nigeria because it's of no use.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Cougar2: 4:15pm On Feb 23, 2011
~Bluetooth:

quoted or not,he has not come out to refute the report.

If truly nollywood is truly a representative of nigeria movie industry,why this kind of tribalistic comment from peter ?  tongue embarassed

what is bad in that if the movie industry supports it ? are we not all one naija ? why the segregation ?

i think i know where the problem lies.

the majority of these nollywood movies are produced/directed by the igbos. zeb ejiro/chico ejiro/lancelot imasuen and it's only natural for these men to give the roles to igbo youths. nollywood in itself is too igbocentric. that they speak english doesn't really make it a national cake. let us just assume all english speaking nollywood movies are igbo movies.

9ja voice:

he also told me that i hate nigeria movie because am so familiar with it. he even told me that he is inlove for GENEVIVE infact he will like to marry her if she will accept,when he said this i laugh.   pls my dear brother's lets stop tribalism in nigeria because it's of no use.

this is a valid point. the folks in nigeria don't care about these movies like the nigerians in diaspora. the chinese are making loads of money pirating nigerian movies in america.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by EzeUche2(m): 4:18pm On Feb 23, 2011
9ja voice:

My Newzealand friend here in Beijing told me that one thing he love from nigeria is Nigeria movies. he continue to disturb me about newest one's which i always have to order it for him from Guangzhou where there are a lot of igbo trader's.  

But when i ask him why he love nigeria movie that much but i don't: Infact i love american movies more. He simply reply me and say "American movies are just for entertainment,and has no moral to teach' but Nideria movies has a lot to teach in area of moral and community life and etc.

Very nice story.

I am glad you friend enjoys [b]NIGERIAN [/b]movies.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 23, 2011
I smell PRIDE and BEEF.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 23, 2011
Most actresses in the Yoruba movie genre are so 'razz', fetish, and classless in real life - even worse than they are in movies. They can't even speak English to save their lives.

Meanwhile this whole argument here about who started or who 'owns' the industry between Igbo and Yoruba is really infantile. Anyone that is old enough, and whose brain is uncorrupted by the virus of ethnic bigotry, knows that contemporary Nollywood as we know it was ushered in by the classic Igbo movie called 'Living in Bondage' in 1992, and the industry has largely remained funded, marketed, distributed and ultimately powered by Igbo elements. What is there to argue about?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

BBNaija: My Take On What Happened Between Tboss & Kemen And The Rabble-Rousers / "In Bed With Beverly": Beverly Osu Launches Bedroom Show / Regina Askia's Daughter, Stephanie Hornecker Beautiful In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.