Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. (27167 Views)

Chioma Akpotha Shades Uche Jombo, Emem Isong, Omoni Oboli / Uche Jombo And Her Brother, Nelson Jombo, Who Is A Producer Pictured Together / Who Among This Actors Do You Think He Acts The Role Of Notorious Guy Best?(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 5:10am On Feb 22, 2011
Nollywoood diva and head honcho at Royal Art Academy, Uche Jumbo, has spoken out, on the silent issues bothering on the level of respect that movie stars in the English and Yoruba genre of Nollywood accord each other. The eloquent English speaker spoke to THE REPORTER on the vexing issue, at the last BON award, after an ego flaunting incident had occurred between the Yoruba and English actors/actresses, who were at Ijebu- Ode and Abeokuta for the award ceremony.

“Yes. I refused to speak at the thank-you dinner because the organizers said I should speak on behalf of Nollywood. I am too young to speak for this industry, in a gathering that has elders who brought me up in the industry, present. I am not a person who is scared of speaking in public but I won’t allow myself to be pushed around. How could some body just call me in the middle of an event to perform such a task; nobody can push me around?

You talked about the ego thing or the lack of respect that exists between Yoruba speaking and English speaking acts. So long as I am concerned, the reverse is the case. This is because, I for one, do not watch their movies, since I don’t understand the language. The few I recognize, I great them when I see them. But when most of them (Yoruba actors) see us (English Speaking actors) they always put up this attitude that says we must be the first to greet them. And so long as I am concerned, they do not respect us at all.”

http://www.nigeriafilms.com/news/10733/24/uche-jombo-on-english-and-yoruba-nollywood-yoruba-.html
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 5:52am On Feb 22, 2011
That`s a serious accusation.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by johnterry2: 12:21pm On Feb 22, 2011
[size=15pt]there is nothing like yoruba movies.all they do there is just juju and several diabolic poo.
na wah for those dirty lousy set of cowards
[/size]
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by MeGaStReEt: 5:53pm On Feb 22, 2011
johnterry2:

[size=15pt]there is nothing like yoruba movies.all they do there is just juju and several diabolic poo.
[/size]

Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by RedRiver(m): 8:03am On Feb 23, 2011
johnterry2:

[/size]

i will agree with you only if india movies, chinese movies, french movies can also be so classified. Not every culture will do 'american' movies. let our movies makers show case what is relevant to them. dont you see juju and diabolic poo on road junctions in naija. we do these things so why cant we make movies of them. if fact they are now opportunties. Bros just let them be, eventually they will evolve into something else and the juju will be gone with the winds
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 23, 2011
we should address the actual issues raised, not stuff for another thread.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by ifyalways(f): 9:32am On Feb 23, 2011
Methinks you perceive others to be putting up attitude when u already have ur ego/self esteem(low or high) issues undecided
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by apoti(m): 12:03pm On Feb 23, 2011
pshewww undecided
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Bukittes(f): 12:06pm On Feb 23, 2011
Na wah o! Whose biz is this na? Babes dey get plenty problem like who greet first who no gree greet first! In this day of civilization? Person no greet u, u waka pass like say u ma no see am ke! Must we bring this to Nairaland? Mscheeeeeeeeeeeeew!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Ikwikwikwi(m): 12:09pm On Feb 23, 2011
run for your life when you see them, else they send rashes all over you. their juju is still potent
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by amumex: 12:10pm On Feb 23, 2011
It is true, what do you expect of their attitude always in a gathering.shouting and creating unecessary scene.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by amumex: 12:11pm On Feb 23, 2011
It is true, what do you expect of their attitude always in a gathering.shouting and creating unecessary scene.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by bisiaet: 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2011
there is nothing like yoruba movies.all they do there is just juju and several diabolic poo.

Jesus Christ who a hell is this unorture, immature and reckless talker? Does every thread mean to be abusive? Do you read the thread before posting this reckless jargons? Oh heaven have mercy please Grow up! grow!! grow!!! please this is utterly uncontrolled manner.

IMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by JUO(m): 12:30pm On Feb 23, 2011
“Yes. I refused to speak at the thank-you dinner because the organizers said I should speak on behalf of Nollywood. I am too young to speak for this industry, in a gathering that has elders who brought me up in the industry, present.
you are true born of your parents. if na some tribe them go smart go talk
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Hodaya(m): 12:36pm On Feb 23, 2011
Wondering why dividing the Nigerian Movie Industry based on tribe.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by segsmarto: 12:54pm On Feb 23, 2011
Must u complaint. Do your own and leave d rest. you've got alot 2 achieve mere talking won't help. B focus and let others too talk about u and leave those Yoruba's alone. It's their achievement that is talking
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 23, 2011
johnterry2:

[/size]

your ibo sister is crying like a bytch and you are here blabbing like a madman.what respect do they

want ? it's all about envy of the success of the yoruba actors over the ibo.this is exactly the same way

peter edochie was complaining about olu jacobs taking his role.useless people angry angry
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Intrepid1(m): 1:08pm On Feb 23, 2011
~Bluetooth:

your ibo sister is crying like a bytch and you are here blabbing like a madman.what respect do they

want ? it's all about envy of the success of the yoruba actors over the ibo.this is exactly the same way

peter edochie was complaining about olu jacobs taking his role.useless people angry angry

Who did you get your tribalistic trait from? Your semen-slurping dad or your animal fuckin' mom?

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by cold(m): 1:14pm On Feb 23, 2011
Unless there's some more serious underlying issues.If the 'disrespect' in this case is based on who should initiate the exchange of pleasantries then it just too petty & trivial to be worthy of any discourse.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by otokx(m): 1:15pm On Feb 23, 2011
Did she really say that?
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by fredoooooo: 1:30pm On Feb 23, 2011
all she said in this interview prove exactly the opposite , 1st shes not a diva , just a below average actress . 2nd she didnt watch yoruba movie and  she greet the few she recognise, how did she expect others she didnt recognise to recognise her , probably they dont watch her movies too
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by iyeyemi: 1:32pm On Feb 23, 2011
Lol, if one really wants to find out why Nigeria is such a backward nation despite the abundance of potential, one just has to land on threads such as this one. All hail the leaders of tomorrow, !
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by femmy2010(m): 1:34pm On Feb 23, 2011
@fredoooooo,
Frank analysis.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by PurestBoy(m): 1:50pm On Feb 23, 2011
[size=16pt]Yoruba MOVIE SUCKS TOOOO MUCH, NO SERIOUSNESS AND THEIR ACTORS/ACTRESS TAKE EVERYTHING AS A JOKE EXCEPT FEW ONES LIKE AKIN LEWIS, ANTAR LANIYA, YINKA QUADRI, ODUN KOLADE ETC. THE WORST PART IS THAT A DISC THAT HAS DURATION OF 35MINUTES WILL DO ADVERT TILL 15 MINUTES BEFORE AND TOWARD THE END OF EACH DISCS.[/size]
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Shormiey(m): 1:50pm On Feb 23, 2011
So many tribalists on this social nextwork, what is becoming of nairaland as a social community in this recent days which supposed be a place where we share and express our mind in different ways not by tribal affiliations, I f, u, c, k i n g ha, te this th, re, ad, ms c h e e e e w
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by segunjowo(m): 1:54pm On Feb 23, 2011
She forgot Yoruba Movies came well before English Naija movies, way before she was even conceived. what kind of respect does she want? oh! they should bow down each time she shows her pretty face in town or what? idiot!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2011
jennykadry:

You talked about the ego thing or the lack of respect that exists between Yoruba speaking and English speaking acts. So long as I am concerned, the reverse is the case. This is because, I for one, do not watch their movies, since I don’t understand the language. The few I recognize, I great them when I see them. But when most of them (Yoruba actors) see us (English Speaking actors) they always put up this attitude that says we must be the first to greet them. And so long as I am concerned, they do not respect us at all.”

Rubbish. What English speaking actors?
I hate this association of so called English-speaking actors, they are just an exclusive collection of Ibo actors speaking Enlish. There is hardly any difference between this English-speakiing actors and Yoruba speaking actors.
Both groups consist of actors of only a certain tribe, Igbos and Yorubas, the only difference is that the Igbo actors have not started speaking their language in their movies, they are still speaking broken and laughable English.
If they are truly the 'English speaking actors' she said and not a collection of Igbo actors only, then why don't they give roles to non Igbos?
Nigeria is messed up.
The only three major movie industries in Nigeria are for only Yorubas or Igbos or Hausas. Theatre art students that do not belong to any of these three tribes have very little chance of making it to the big screen.
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by suxes2005(m): 2:02pm On Feb 23, 2011
UJ fumbled alot, i never expected this from her

SHALOM
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 23, 2011
Intrepid!:

Who did you get your tribalistic trait from? Your semen-slurping dad or your animal fuckin' mom?

you must have had a very terrible upbringing where your parents means nothing to you.

oloribu omo
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by drone99(m): 2:23pm On Feb 23, 2011
Rubbish!!!
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by uchennaq(m): 2:29pm On Feb 23, 2011
what she said is true, if its not ok by you, then get lost. I have worked with the yorubas in an Organization before, mayflower school to be precise, always feeling smart and always being the first to Gossip and condemn you. I hate how some of them behave, always snitching and trying to go on top just because we are being paid 30000 naira, what will happen if your paid 50k. I really thank God for my life the time I left that school. Those Idiots are snitching for 30k while am saying 110k is not enough for me in Granplast. BULLSHIT

YOUR CONDEMNING BECAUSE SHE IS SAYING THE TRUTH
Re: Uche Jombo -’yoruba Speaking Actors Do Not Respect Us. by asha80(m): 2:30pm On Feb 23, 2011
fellis:

Rubbish. What English speaking actors?
I hate this association of so called English-speaking actors, they are just an exclusive collection of Ibo actors speaking Enlish. There is hardly any difference between this English-speakiing actors and Yoruba speaking actors.
Both groups consist of actors of only a certain tribe, Igbos and Yorubas, the only difference is that the Igbo actors have not started speaking their language in their movies, they are still speaking broken and laughable English.
If they are truly the 'English speaking actors' she said and not a collection of Igbo actors only, then why don't they give roles to non Igbos?
Nigeria is messed up.
The only three major movie industries in Nigeria are for only Yorubas or Igbos or Hausas. Theatre art students that do not belong to any of these three tribes have very little chance of making it to the big screen.

it is obvious you have no idea what you are saying from the bolded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Soso Soberekon At The Police Station For Beating Up Harrysong's Staff [PICS] / Freda Francis Holds Push Party (Photos) / "Alone You Come, Alone You Will Go" - Annie Idibia Shares Cryptic Post (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.