Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,816 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Should Lovers Keep Secrets From Their Past From Each Other - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Lovers Keep Secrets From Their Past From Each Other (4122 Views)

9 Secrets From A 73-year Marriage / Ladies And Their Past / Is It Right To Ask Your Partner About Their Past Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Lovers Keep Secrets From Their Past From Each Other by frankiriri(m): 7:13am On Apr 20, 2007
funkelola:

guess it is better to discuss eachother's past before going deep
Not necessarily.
Re: Should Lovers Keep Secrets From Their Past From Each Other by richylaw(m): 12:37pm On Apr 20, 2007
It may be necessary but not compulsory, HAVE YOU EVER WITNESSED WHERE WATER LIGHTS FIRE BEFORE. Be careful what secrets you divulge during dating. I am not saying that its not good but be selective, defensive and prepared for the worst. But when its sure the marriage will be MARRIAGE then let him know, he will tell you his too. In cases of no womb, HIV, heamaphrodite etc abeg tell kia kia before any deep things begin oh. Let him or her know the devil in you grin
Re: Should Lovers Keep Secrets From Their Past From Each Other by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2007
i believe what has happened in the past should stay in the past. i think lover can talk about their past and even laugh at their ex-lover since they are not together any more and i don't think non of them should take anything personal bcoz it's in the past and they haven't know each other then. however, if one of the two spouse doesn't like taking about the past, the second person should not bother talking it.
Re: Should Lovers Keep Secrets From Their Past From Each Other by adeboo(f): 7:55pm On Apr 21, 2007
It totally depends on the secret.

I believe in leaving the past in the past except its something that is so dire that could ruin the relationship.
Obviously, having a child and keeping that secret is just outta order shouldnt be done.

But there are things such as how many sexual partners you have had, etc - its better you leave stuff like that unsaid.
Re: Should Lovers Keep Secrets From Their Past From Each Other by hotchic1(f): 8:20pm On Apr 21, 2007
I see no reason why we should keep secrets from our lover.When the relationship gets to a particular point,i think you should unfold everything.Sometimes,its even better when the relationship is still young because you look stupid if your partner gets to know later.I wont expect your partner to really lay so much emphasis on your past.
Re: Should Lovers Keep Secrets From Their Past From Each Other by sisimose(f): 8:26pm On Apr 21, 2007
@topic

my answer is a big fat YES
let your secrets be secrets ,especially about past lovers, take it from a married woman, it is a very very bad idea , even if you are unmarried keep those sordid details to yourself, serves no purpose , what they dont now wont hurt. Except of course your secret is you ''had a sex change or something'' tongue
Re: Should Lovers Keep Secrets From Their Past From Each Other by jbuoy(m): 8:30pm On Apr 21, 2007
anything about my past which i know wuld likely raise the wind tomorrow must be revieled to my partner so it dsnt look like something new wen she gets to knw about it later, and i expect same from her.
Re: Should Lovers Keep Secrets From Their Past From Each Other by hannydarl(f): 8:34pm On Apr 21, 2007
Ther are some secrets that are beter left untold.As long as those secrets wont hurt your partner in future and no trouble will arise in future to bring the secret out then i see no need to tell as it will only put a srtain on the relationship sometimes ther is more wisdom in keeping quiet than in talking.
Re: Should Lovers Keep Secrets From Their Past From Each Other by yogun(f): 11:54am On May 17, 2007
Re: Should Lovers Keep Secrets From Their Past From Each Other by Youngpo413: 3:21pm On Jan 01, 2016
funloving:
Hi pals,
do you think new lovers should keep  secrets from their past from each other,especially if it is a dirty secret that could make or mar the relationship.

Maybe there is a secret child somewhere ,you lied about your age , there has been an incident of rape ,you have been to jail before,etc.

Secret is not "all about sexual secrets"  grin

Please give  reasons for your answer

yes,but those hoes will always lie
Re: Should Lovers Keep Secrets From Their Past From Each Other by Youngpo413: 4:14pm On Jan 01, 2016
christyne:
If truely u guys are going to marry each other,there's nothing wrong in telling him/her abt ur past but the problem there is how are u so sure ur relationship will lead to marriage?Thats d problem. As for me,I must truely be IN LOVE with my guy;if I have true feelings for my guy and i feel that he has same for me,i'll tell him if not all,95% about my past and the remaining 5% will be the ones i know he's not going to hear from anyone out there cos it might lead to break up.
all you ladies have dirty past,shameless hoes.
Re: Should Lovers Keep Secrets From Their Past From Each Other by Youngpo413: 4:19pm On Jan 01, 2016
adeboo:
It totally depends on the secret.
I believe in leaving the past in the past except its something that is so dire that could ruin the relationship.
Obviously, having a child and keeping that secret is just outta order shouldnt be done.
But there are things such as how many sexual partners you have had, etc - its better you leave stuff like that unsaid.
hannydarl:
Ther are some secrets that are beter left untold.As long as those secrets wont hurt your partner in future and no trouble will arise in future to bring the secret out then i see no need to tell as it will only put a srtain on the relationship sometimes ther is more wisdom in keeping quiet than in talking.
hotangel2:
I love honest people. I also love being honest, but there are some things i will never share with a boyfriend. maybe when you become my husband... or we are serious, like serious serious. But for boyfriend, dating ish.. nuh uh.
ashawo
yogun:
some secrets are better left in the past, like how many abortions U've had, how many men U've slept with, the terrible things U'd to do for money and a whole lot more.
hotangel2:
I love honest people. I also love being honest, but there are some things i will never share with a boyfriend. maybe when you become my husband... or we are serious, like serious serious. But for boyfriend, dating ish.. nuh uh.
ashawo

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Method Guys Use To Rape Ladies. Pls Pass It On To Loved Ones / Can Men Really Do Without Thinking About This (pics) / Why Do Holy Holy!! Visit Sexuality Section On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.