Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. (5225 Views)

The Young Woman Slain By ISIS For Daring To 'swim In A Sea Of Dreams' / French Cartoon About Africans Drowning In The Mediterranean Sea / Photos: Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Tornadoz(m): 1:33am On Jun 25, 2007
Since Jews don't control the media,why should anyone keep insisting that they do
Below are Jewish owned media houses.
CBS>>>>>>>>>>>>Laurence Tisch ( Am unsure if Ted Turner has regained control)
ABC>>>>>>>>>>>>Leonard Goldenson
NBC>>>>>>>>>>>>first by David Sarnoff and then by his son Robert Sarnoff
Associated Press>>>>Michael Silverman
New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, and the Washington Post all owned by Jews.
Warner Music>>>>>>Edgar Bronfman
Walt Disney>>>>>>>Michael Eisner
Miramax Films>>>>>Bob and Harvey Weinstein
ESPN>>>>>>>>>>>George W. Bodenheimer
Viacom, Inc>>>>>>>Sumner Redstone (born Murray Rothstein)
Historian David Irving even wrote that Rupert Murdoch's mother (Elisabeth Joy Greene) is Jewish
Rupert Murdoch (Fox News) would have been the only real non Jew to feature highly in media ownership in America but he also have a dodgy Jewish background. They are all Jews.
Lets leave the work of AIPAC World Jewish Congress,Jewish Defense League etc for another day.
I must admit some of the above media houses may have changed hands, either way the Jews may have bought even more media houses.
This is why the Palestinian issue is never debated in an honest and fair manner in America unlike Europe where the Jews have very little influence.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Tornadoz(m): 2:04am On Jun 25, 2007
That's not surprising when you can look at Hamas' Charter.Here are excerpts again:

Am sick of I-man and davidylan quoting the Hamas charter,now lets put the unwritten charter of the Jewish state under the microscope, because this is like the hunchback of Notre dam telling someone to walk straight.
Enough of this sick parody, lets have a quick look at the gentle Jews.
"We must use Terror, Assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, & the cutting of all social services to Rid the Galilee of its Arab population."
--(Israeli PM 1949-1954, 1955-1963, May 1948 to the Israeli General Staff, Ben-Gurion, A Biography by Michael Ben-Zohar)

"I have learned that Israel Cant be ruled in our generation without Deceit & Adventurism"
-Moshe Sharett, Israeli PM

“If I were an Arab leader, I would never sign an agreement with Israel. It is normal; we have taken their country. It is true God promised it to us, but how could that interest them? Our God is not theirs. There has been Anti - Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault ? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?”, Ben Gurion (known as the father of the nation in Israel)

Last year Rabbi Mordechai Eliyahu, former Sephardic chief rabbi (an authoritative neo-con) advised the IDF not to flinch from killing Palestinian civilians in the context of the ongoing military campaign.
And lest you forget, God warned the Jews not to enter Israel until a pre-destined time? (See the Torah)
Am I missing something? Can some one please tell me when God told them to go back?
Shalom!
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by denex: 2:13am On Jun 25, 2007
Abeg make una concern unaself with Nigerian issues. See intelligent minds discussing away at matters that will neither take us forward nor back.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by debosky(m): 2:32am On Jun 25, 2007
Tornadoz what 'country' was taken? out of a Palestine Mandate (not country) Arabs got 90% jews got 10% - 60% of which was desert, where is the land that was taken?

which country with politics today doesn't exhibit some traits of 'deceit and adventurism'? especially when all those around you have sworn to drive you into the sea? that is nothing but pragmatism and a clear understanding of the challenges of the fledgling state at the time.

In the early days of the establishment of the State of Israel the entire area was essentially a war zone, with sporadic violent incidents from both the Israeli and Arab sides the comments of Ben-Gurion need to be seen in that light. Despite these comments you have quoted arabs in israel still enjoy more rights than their brethren elsewhere - they even have representation in the Knesset and influence the decisions of the state.

there are extremists on both sides without a doubt, and the final comment falls into that category. what you have woefully failed to show is a deliberate, calculated and deterministic decision on the part of Israel to eliminate or destroy the Arabs - something which cannot be denied on the part of the Palestinian Arabs. please tell us what an 'authoritative neo-con' is? is that a position in the government of Israel?

Hamas which won many seats in the Palestinian parliament is sworn to destroy Israel - there is nothing clearer than this that anyone needs to see. Since the day Israel was created the Arabs have sought to destroy them and drive them into the sea -with failure each time.

on your comment about the jew controlled press, how many pictures/stories of the bombing of a palestinian camp in Lebanon recently have you seen? compared to the daily reports about the Israel-Lebanon crisis last summer. or are the Jews attacking themselves?

Its obvious you fail to understand the dynamics in the Jewish community worldwide - a good section of them don't even support the state of Israel, but you know what? that is fair and square in civillised communities - opposing views are well tolerated. If you don't hate Israel however, it seems there must be something wrong with your arab-ness.

Tornadoz:

And lest you forget, God warned the Jews not to enter Israel until a pre-destined time? (See the Torah)
Am I missing something? Can some one please tell me when God told them to go back?
Shalom!
you are missing a whole lot, but are obviosuly well schooled in the lies the arabs use to cover up their intrinsic hatred for the Jews- the Jews never stopped residing in the strip of land bordering the Mediterranean, their numbers may have fluctuated from time to time, but they were ALWAYS inhabitants of that land. Your torah reference may be speaking of the re-establishment of a State of Israel which is a totally different matter altogether.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Afam(m): 10:49am On Jun 25, 2007
I-man:

By the very same standards you apply when refering to me as someone who hates Muslims,the collective weight of your opinion exposes your anti-Semitism.Who can forget your "face of extreme Zionism" thread based on the video of one drunken teenager?One in millions.
I must have missed where I expressly or impliedly suggested that "the killing of innocent ones by the Israelis is right".Presumably,by your reckoning,being pro-Israel equates supporting the killing of innocents.Is the Jewish nation synonymous with the killing of innocents,so that anyone who generally favors them is a supporter of the killing of innocents.I suppose I can deduce from that,that your pro-Palestinian position entails support for the killing of innocent Jews.

I still await with bated breath,your condemnation of the killings in Lebanon.Just last year,you embarked on a frenzied demonisation of Israel for causing civilian deaths in Lebanon.This year's casualties has been met with deafening silence on your part.Are you no longer interested in the fate of Lebanese civilians?Perhaps,your interest last year was not in civilian casualties but in attacking Israel.That is what I mean by the weight of your opinion.

I will rather count the number of cars that are white that are passing my office then waste my time replying your confused position and preferences as to what and when I should comment on and why I should even do so.

I-man:

Remember when I called you an inveterate liar?You are living up to my description of you because I know the reason for my new username was explained to you by another Nairalander .

So, someone had to explain why you switched names after someone unmasked you? I stated earlier you will self destruct and you are not disappointing.

Now, you changed your user ID without making any reference to the old one, why? If not for criminal and dubiuos reasons why would you change your username and pretend to be a new person on a forum and attack people you have always disagreed with?

My dear, I see you as a fraud simple and don't even try to explain anything because even armed robbers when caught try all the y can to explain away their crimes. Credibility wise, you are no where.

Before it was 4Play, now I-man, who knows what you will come up with when you have a "good" reason to get another username?
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 25, 2007
debosky:

Tornadoz what 'country' was taken? out of a Palestine Mandate (not country) Arabs got 90% jews got 10% - 60% of which was desert, where is the land that was taken?

this has always been my argument from day 1. Where the original "palestinians" really arabs? where was this fictitious country before the formation of the PLO in 1964?
These same hypocrites are busy fighting for Gaza (belonged to Egypt until 1967) and Judea/Samaria - never mind that the Jordanians renamed this WestBank after capturing it in 1948- which belonged to Jordan until 1967!
The PLO indicated that both territories did not belong to them as at 1964, why did they not fight their arab brothers for this same land?

Why has the "palestinian question" suddenly become a fight for Jerusalem, Gaza and Judea/Samaria now that they reverted to Jewish control?

@ tornadoz, anyone can quote nonsense that cannot be truly verified. Even i can think up a quote for Hamas on the spot. Please come up with much better train of thought than that you have exhibited.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Iman3(m): 10:01pm On Jun 25, 2007
@Tornadoz

What is the reason behind your fascination with neo-Nazis.For a black man,you seem to attach so much credibility to them.

I am sure you know the difference between the policy position of Hamas in 2007 and incendiary comments made by  politicians,mostly 5 decades ago.Both sides are not lacking in making incendiary comments.Its one to thing to make such comments,its quite another to enshrine bigotry in your constitution.

@Afam

You dey here and your friend,Tornadoz, is quoting neo-Nazis. See no evil.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jun 25, 2007
Tornadoz:

Last year Rabbi Mordechai Eliyahu, former Sephardic chief rabbi (an authoritative neo-con) advised the IDF not to flinch from killing Palestinian civilians in the context of the ongoing military campaign.

This is not news, the arabs have been saying exactly this every single day since 1948, unfortunately it only makes news when it comes from a Jew!

Tornadoz:

Am sick of I-man and davidylan quoting the Hamas charter,now lets put the unwritten charter of the Jewish state under the microscope, because this is like the hunchback of Notre dam telling someone to walk straight.
Enough of this sick parody, lets have a quick look at the gentle Jews.
"We must use Terror, Assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, & the cutting of all social services to Rid the Galilee of its Arab population."
--(Israeli PM 1949-1954, 1955-1963, May 1948 to the Israeli General Staff, Ben-Gurion, A Biography by Michael Ben-Zohar)

"I have learned that Israel Cant be ruled in our generation without Deceit & Adventurism"
-Moshe Sharett, Israeli PM

“If I were an Arab leader, I would never sign an agreement with Israel. It is normal; we have taken their country. It is true God promised it to us, but how could that interest them? Our God is not theirs. There has been Anti - Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault ? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?”, Ben Gurion (known as the father of the nation in Israel)

this is merely playing musical chairs with the truth. Attempting to stand reason on its head in order to drive home a point. The position enunciated by the likes of Ben Gurion was made in 1948 when the young Isreali nation had to practically fight for its very existence in the face of arab aggression from MORE THAN 6 NATIONS AT ONCE. Coming from a nation that had just lost 6 million of its citizens within the last 10 yrs in the world's worst form of genocide!

Besides can you TRUTHFULLY claim that this is the mindset of the average Isreali? Why are they not strapping themselves with bombs to destroy the palestinians? If they had been doing this since 1967, palestine would not be in existence today. It is good to desperately seek to push your point across, it is only better if it sounds like coming from a man with some form of intelligence.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Nobody: 1:02am On Jun 26, 2007
Al-Qaeda seeks unity with Hamas

[size=14pt]Osama Bin Laden's number two has called on the Islamist group Hamas to unite with al-Qaeda after its victory in Gaza over Fatah, in a web-posted audiotape.
Ayman al-Zawahiri also warned against any attempt by Arab countries to wrest control of the Gaza Strip from Hamas.

The speaker, identified as the Egyptian-born militant, called on Muslims around the world to back Hamas with arms, money and violence against US and Israeli interests.

The speaker urged Hamas to implement Islamic law in Gaza.

"Taking over power is not a goal but a means to implement God's word on earth," he said.

"Unite with mujahideen in Palestine, and with all mujahideen in the world in the face of the upcoming attack where Egyptians and Saudis are expected to play part of it," he added, suggesting the two Arab countries intend to intervene in Gaza.

"Provide them with money, do your best to get it there, break the siege imposed on them by crusaders and Arab leader traitors.

"Facilitate weapons smuggling from neighbouring countries. We can support them by targeting the crusader and Zionist interest wherever we can," he said in the 25-minute recording. [/size]

What a democratically elected government! Do we need to ask what god's word they are talking about here? Please read Hamas article 24 for further clarification.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Tornadoz(m): 1:35am On Jun 26, 2007
@debosky
I have repeatedly said no 2 historians agree on events prior to 1918. However try looking at any
map for the last 3,000 years (outside of the bible of course) it says Palestine. There were provinces
of Judea but it was still Palestine. The Palestinians were the majority in Palestine for 3 thousand
years. Between 1918 and 1948 the British government brought over half a million Jewish people
there. And the Jewish immigrants immediately began kicking out or killing or torturing or
imprisoning the local Palestinians. Google "Palestine Deir Yassin and if you have time search for "Plan Dalet"
Even Benny Morris (a right winger) acknowledges the ethnic cleansing of 47-49 and approves of it.

You come across like an intelligent person yet you say the land was a desert. If I understood that
statement it means the Palestinians arrived just in time for the Jews to kick their a*rse, never mind most historians agree Hebrew is a vulgar form of Arabic. History tells us that every where Europeans go they conquer the natives, strip them of their culture and re-write the history books.
Australian Aboriginals were hunted literately as animals and genocided by the 100s of thousands up until only 200 years ago. American and Canadian Indians did not fare well under the colonist, nor the New Zealand natives, neither did our brothers in the then racist enclave of South Africa.
Without Britain there would not be a country called Israel. Be a man and condemn Israel's malevolence.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Tornadoz(m): 1:48am On Jun 26, 2007
@I-man
What is the reason behind your fascination with neo-Nazis.For a black man,you seem to attach so much credibility to them.
I would have thought David Irving was your hero, considering you share so much in common (apart from the holocaust)
I am sure you know the difference between the policy position of Hamas in 2007 and incendiary comments made by politicians,mostly 5 decades ago.Both sides are not lacking in making incendiary comments.Its one to thing to make such comments,its quite another to enshrine bigotry in your constitution.
Suddenly they've become "mere comments". You would be trumpeting that statement if it was made by Arafat.
Fatah didn't have that policy enshrined in their constitution, yet for 40yrs the Jews refused to do business with them.
You and I know Jewish political parties are too sophisticated to allow a statement like that in their constitution, however their policies validates my point. Would'nt the Palestinians be right to refuse any dealings with Sharon, considering he massacered 20-30 thousand of them in Lebanon.
This was what G Levy was saying all along, the Jews don't want peace, their's always a reason for them to stop negotiating.
In the course of our debate, I've long believed you have a bizarre notion of what is acceptable and ethically correct.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 26, 2007
Tornadoz:

@debosky
I have repeatedly said no 2 historians agree on events prior to 1918. However try looking at any
map for the last 3,000 years (outside of the bible of course) it says Palestine.

Lol, what a pathetic attempt to stand history on its head. Palestine DID NOT EXIST UNTIL AD 135 after Emperor Hadrian crushed the last Jewish revolt in Jerusalem. The romans renamed Isreal palestine in order to obliterate any trace of Jewish heritage. 3000 yrs ago Palestine did not exist!

Tornadoz:

There were provinces of Judea but it was still Palestine.

Provinces of Judea? LMAO, what is your source for this gibberish?

Tornadoz:

The Palestinians were the majority in Palestine for 3 thousand years.

Who are "palestinians"? Are they arabs, jews, africans, europeans or asians? What is their culture? what language did they speak? What is their history?
Palestinians were majority in Palestine because that was what everyone living there at that time called themselves be they Jewish or arab!

Tornadoz:

Between 1918 and 1948 the British government brought over half a million Jewish people there. And the Jewish immigrants immediately began kicking out or killing or torturing or imprisoning the local Palestinians. Google "Palestine Deir Yassin and if you have time search for "Plan Dalet"
Even Benny Morris (a right winger) acknowledges the ethnic cleansing of 47-49 and approves of it.

Please you can do better than quoting propaganda! When did jewish immigrants kill, torture or imprison local palestinians? Like i said earlier, the fallacious assumption you make is that palestinians have always been arab! That is terribly wrong! Now READ WHAT A "PALESTINIAN" said:

Zuheir Mohsein, a member of the supreme council of the PLO said, in an interview with the Dutch Daily Trouw (3/31/1977):

There are no differences between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. We are all part of one nation. It is only for political reasons that we carefully underline our Palestinian identity, because it is in the interest of the Arabs to encourage a separate Palestinian identity in contrast to Zionism. Yes, the existence of a separate Palestinian identity is there only for tactical reasons. The establishment of a Palestinian state is a new expedient to continue the fight against Zionism and for Arab unity.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Tornadoz(m): 2:01am On Jun 26, 2007
@davidylan
This is not news, the arabs have been saying exactly this every single day since 1948, unfortunately it only makes news when it comes from a Jew!
Yes david is the Arab controlled media who are to blame
The position enunciated by the likes of Ben Gurion was made in 1948 when the young Isreali nation
So its right to make this statement when you're a young nation but wrong if you're a freedom fighter?

Coming from a nation that had just lost 6 million of its citizens within the last 10 years in the world's worst form of genocide!
except you're simulating comical Ali else you would have known the West failed the Jews miserably and then foisted their problem onto the Palestinians. Hitler was responsible for the genocide not Ishmail Hanniyeh.
During the genocide in Rwanda why didn't you campaign for them to be shipped to Akure? It would have pleased you if after couple years the Hutus produce a dodgy archaeological evidence claiming Ibadan as there ancestral home. If I try hard enough, I might be able to link ownership of Lagos to my late great great grandfather who was called Eko
Besides can you TRUTHFULLY claim that this is the mindset of the average Isreali?
can you TRUTHFULLY claim that this is the mindset of an average Palestinian?
Why are they not strapping themselves with bombs to destroy the palestinians?
They have f-16s to do it for them.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Iman3(m): 2:02am On Jun 26, 2007
I would have thought David Irving was your hero, considering you share so much in common (apart from the holocaust)
Given that you are the one quoting him,we know who shares common ground with him.

Suddenly they've become "mere comments". You would be trumpeting that statement if it was made by Arafat.
Fatah didn't have that policy enshrined in their constitution, yet for 40yrs the Jews refused to do business with them.
You and I know  Jewish political parties are too sophisticated to allow a statement like that in their constitution, however their policies validates my point. Would'nt the Palestinians be right to refuse any dealings with Sharon, considering he massacered 20-30 thousand of them in Lebanon.
This was what G Levy was saying all along, the Jews don't want peace, their's always a reason for them to stop negotiating.  
In  the course of our debate, I've long believed you have a bizarre notion of what is acceptable and ethically correct.

Your aversion for historical accuracy is compelling in its shamelessness.Have you forgotten the 3 NOs issued at the Khartoum summit in response to Israeli offers of peace-No Negotiations With Israel,No Peace with Israel,No Recognition Of Israel.You may also have forgotten that Arab rejection of the UN decision in 1948,which precipitated  the present state of crisis.

You might want to gloss over Hamas' doctrinal position by making fatuous comparisons with comments made by Israelis.If the comments of the Israelis prove that they don't want peace,surely similar sentiments expressed on the Arab side,examples of which are innumerable,also prove that the Arabs don't want peace especially when such sentiments are enshrined in a constituition.

The Arabs missed glorious opportunities in 1948 and 1967 to burnish their peace credentials.To suggest that it is the Israelis who don't want peace rather than the Arabs is simultaneously risible and utterly ignorant
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Nobody: 2:16am On Jun 26, 2007
Tornadoz:

@davidylan
So its right to make this statement when you're a young nation but wrong if you're a freedom fighter?

This is nonsense, in merely quoting the "when you're a young nation" part you have deliberately, deceptively, cowardly and manipulatively left out the fact that not only was Isreal less than a few days old, it was simultaneously attacked by more than 6 arab nations at the same time! Less than 10 yrs after the horrendous loss of 6 million citizens in German concentration camps.

Who is a "freedom fighter"? Do you consider the rebels in the Niger Delta freedom fighters? What "freedom" where Hamas militants fighting for when they killed more than 60 palestinians in Gaza last week? Freedom from fatah?

Tornadoz:

except you're simulating comical Ali else you would have known the West failed the Jews miserably and then foisted their problem onto the Palestinians. Hitler was responsible for the genocide not Ishmail Hanniyeh.

Yes hitler was responsible for the genocide but it is clear the arabs where willing partners in genocide! Here is what the grand mufti of Jerusalem said:
Haj Amin al Husseini,spoke together with Hitler on Berlin Radio in 1942, he cried out:

Kill the Jews - kill them with your hands, kill them with your teeth - this is well pleasing to Allah.

It is true that Hanniyeh was not responsible for the holocaust but he and his fellow brothers in crime have not only openly denied the holocaust but have a repeat event as part of their guiding principles!

Tornadoz:

During the genocide in Rwanda why didn't you campaign for them to be shipped to Akure? It would have pleased you if after couple years the Hutus produce a dodgy archaeological evidence claiming Ibadan as there ancestral home. If I try hard enough, I might be able to link ownership of Lagos to my late great great grandfather who was called Eko can you TRUTHFULLY claim that this is the mindset of an average Palestinian?They have f-16s to do it for them.

There is a big difference between the Isreali situation and this incredulous analogy you have given. The Isrealis have not produced any dodgy archeologiccal evidence. That names such as Capernaum, Jerusalem, Bethlehem, judea, jordan have been in existence for the last 3000 yrs is enough evidence as to those who truly own the
land. Not only are these lands recorded in the bible and relevant history books, they have been traced to specific historical events.

Tornadoz:

can you TRUTHFULLY claim that this is the mindset of an average Palestinian?

From From the quran to mohammed, to Iran to Egypt to Jordan, Syria, Yemen and even Nigerian muslims the cry remains the same, destroy the Jews!

Tornadoz:

They have f-16s to do it for them.

How many F-16s have been used to indiscriminately bomb those now clowning to be palestinians?
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Afam(m): 9:52am On Jun 26, 2007
@Tornadoz,

I think you are only educating this davidylan because he comes here with a load of rubbish and leaves with a lot of information he never knew anything about.

Educate him if you must but for me he will only leave here with what he comes here with.

I have seen many people that find it difficult to accept the fact that they do not know certain things and as such arguing with such people will only result in time wasting.

Enjoy.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Mariory(m): 1:59pm On Jun 26, 2007
Tornadoz:

except you're simulating comical Ali else you would have known the West failed the Jews miserably and then foisted their problem onto the Palestinians.

There were no Palestinians before the creation of Israel. I know you think that by continuously repeating it to yourself you are justifying your stance but, you need to give up that illusion.

And for anybody else interested, the Arab state of Palestine was initially conceived by Yasir Arafat in 1988 and was to comprise the Egyptian Gaza Strip, the Jordanian West Bank and the Jordanian sector of Jerusalem. These territories were siezed from Egypt and Jordan during the 'six day war'.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Afam(m): 2:21pm On Jun 26, 2007
Mariory:

There were no Palestinians before the creation of Israel. I know you think that by continuously repeating it to yourself you are justifying your stance but, you need to give up that illusion.

And for anybody else interested, the Arab state of Palestine was initially conceived by Yasir Arafat in 1988 and was to comprise the Egyptian Gaza Strip, the Jordanian West Bank and the Jordanian sector of Jerusalem. These territories were siezed from Egypt and Jordan during the 'six day war'.

Now this is getting interesting. Just for the records is the Arab state of Palestine different from the State of Palestine? I am asking this question so you don't come back and use the qualifier Arab to defend this statement of the century as regards the State of palestine or the clamour for it.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Mariory(m): 4:05pm On Jun 26, 2007
There is no difference. Palestinians are Arabs.

Just for the record.
http://www.palestine-net.com/politics/indep.html
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 26, 2007
Mariory:

There is no difference. Palestinians are Arabs.

Just for the record.
http://www.palestine-net.com/politics/indep.html

they were not all arabs before 1948! Jews were also "palestinians" and even contemplated naming the country "palestine" before independence. What if the jews had done so, what would the arabs be calling themselves?

The arab palestine is nothing but a political gimmick.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Afam(m): 4:10pm On Jun 26, 2007
Would it be correct to state that prior to 1988 there was nothing about the creation of the state of Palestine?
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Iman3(m): 4:19pm On Jun 26, 2007
Afam:

Would it be correct to state that prior to 1988 there was nothing about the creation of the state of Palestine?

I can see that you are taking history lessons surreptitiously.I'm sure you didn't know that there was no Palestine State before.Only from 1988,did the Palestinians move to declare a state and work towards its establishment.The occupied territories,Gaza and the West bank,were part of Egypt and Jordan respectively
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Mariory(m): 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2007
Afam:

Are you talking about the 1937 Peel Commission which the Arabs rejected?
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Afam(m): 4:35pm On Jun 26, 2007
I don't even know the name of the commission but I am aware that prior to the creation of the state of Israel that there was a plan to create 2 states (Israel & "Palestine"wink.

Now, assuming the arabs rejected the recommendations of the commission you referenced does it then mean that the powers that be went ahead with the recommendations inspite of the rejection by the arabs?

Would it then have meant that those that insisted on creating the State of Israel regardless of any misunderstandings did so based on the fact that they had the military might to force their views on the world?

If the answer to the question above is YES, then why would the world expect those that have been unfairly treated to fold their arms and smile at the Isrealites?
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Iman3(m): 5:09pm On Jun 26, 2007
Afam:

I don't even know the name of the commission but I am aware that prior to the creation of the state of Israel that there was a plan to create 2 states (Israel & "Palestine"wink.
Now, assuming the arabs rejected the recommendations of the commission you referenced does it then mean that the powers that be went ahead with the recommendations inspite of the rejection by the arabs?
Would it then have meant that those that insisted on creating the State of Israel regardless of any misunderstandings did so based on the fact that they had the military might to force their views on the world?

If the answer to the question above is YES, then why would the world expect those that have been unfairly treated to fold their arms and smile at the Isrealites?
Once Israel became admitted to the UN,it's legitimacy became established irrespective of Arab rejection.The "powers that be" was effectively the UN.No nation or group of people should on grounds of "fairness" declare war to wipe out an entity which has legitimacy under International Law.To hold otherwise,would entail dragging the world into the dark ages.

Talk of the use of military might "to force their views on the world" is laughable because at the time,the military might was possesed by the Arabs.Indeed,that was the main reason why they rejected Israel because they thought that they could gain a quick and easy military victory.Bevin,Britain's Foreign Sec at the time,noted that it would take a miracle for Israel to survive an Arab onslaught.

The question is-Is it fair that the Arabs sought to accomplish by military might what they failed to get from the UN?
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by denex: 5:51pm On Jun 26, 2007
Some of you argue all day and all night on the side of the ARABS and on the side of the EUROPEANS CLOTHE IN ISRAELITE ROBES.

Why I come in here sometimes and I try to pass a message about the European Jews occupation of Jerusalem under the guise of being Israelites and The Arabs trying to claim it back under the guise of being Palestinians.

The first Arabs to occupy Jerusalem came in around the 6th Century.

The first European Jews to be exiled to Jerusalem from Europe came in during the 19th century.

Afam, I-man, davidylan, Tornadoz, you all should google:

"original semitic emigration"

Include the quotation marks (" "wink in the search. So that ye may know!

We keep telling Africans to desentimentalize this issue because religious bigotry has completely blinded them from the truth.

Because of religious allegiances imposed on us by Arabs and Europeans, through Jihad and Colonization, we can go as far as siding with them on how to share what is rightfully ours. Rather than for us to search for THE TRUTH which they have almost succeeded in completely hiding, we're out there searching for THEIR TRUTH.

All I care is that they end their war and live in peace. Because even the true indigenes of Jerusalem, they aren't fighting over it.

I rest my case.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Mariory(m): 5:51pm On Jun 26, 2007
Afam:

Actually the State of Israel recommended (accepted by the Jewish leaders I should mention) by the commission was even smaller than the Israel that the UN mandate proposed. Did you know that there were even Arab states opposed to an independent Palestine? The Peel commission was before the second world war.

Civil war broke out in Palestine following the adoption of the UN partition plan. During the war the Israelis were able to capture most of the territory alloted to it in the UN plan. After the British withdrew, the Israelis then declared their independence.

The neighboring Arab countries then invaded and were defeated. Israel was able to expand her borders beyond that proposed in the UN plan.

However, Jordan invaded and annexed what is now called the West bank while Egypt annexed the Gaza Strip.

These areas were supposed to comprise the Arab portion of Palestine. Hence, 'Palestine' ceased to exist. Apparently there was a secret plan between the Jews and the Jordanian king for this to happen.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 26, 2007
The reason i have quoted this post is because it is riddled with so much untruth and disingenous manipulation of history.

denex:

The first Arabs to occupy Jerusalem came in around the 6th Century.

The first European Jews to be exiled to Jerusalem from Europe came in during the 19th century.

Afam, I-man, davidylan, Tornadoz, you all should google:

"original semitic emigration"

You will be doing your credibility a great favour by clearly indicating the sources of your wild claims rather than vaguely telling us to go google, even a 5 yr old can do that. Now you claim that the first wave of "EUROPEAN JEWS" came into Isreal in the 19th century which clearly indicates that there were REAL JEWS at some point. Where were these REAL JEWS or do you have evidence that they all died out after Emperor Hadrian's conquest of Jerusalem in AD 135?

denex:

All I care is that they end their war and live in peace. Because even the true indigenes of Jerusalem, they aren't fighting over it.

Since neither the Arabs (mischeivously refered to as palestiinians) and the European jews (according to your majesty) are not the true indigenes of jerusalem since they migrated there at some point in history, who then are these mysterious "true indigenes of Jerusalem" that are not fighting over it? Where do they come from? Where have they been? Are you trying to indicate that truly the arabs do not have any claim to jerusalem since the true indigenes exist?
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by shango(m): 1:14am On Jun 27, 2007
davidlyan are you jewish? Cuz you are more Zionist than some Israelis I know of.

Bleep Israel, Palestine and that whole region. Wtf has it got to do with Africans and Nigerians in particular. What is the point of spreading Zionist babble in a forum such as this? Its not like Ashkenazi jews that populate most of Israel care what Africans think of their Apartheid Racial state. Its one of the few states on the planet where citizenship depends on your bloodline.

Again, this has zero relation to Nigeria and this isnt a Israeli forum, how much do you get paid davidylan to spread such bullshit propaganda, dont the major media US outlets do a bang up job of spreading such Zionist views. You ever heard of any Major US Media outlet against Israel or not favoring a slanted view of the conflict in Israels direction. So what is your purpose here?

Perhaps you should be posting this in Al-Jazeera where Palestinian sympathizers might reside, because over here, we Nigerians could give less than 2 shits about some White European Jewish state founded on Apartheid fascist principles.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Nobody: 1:59am On Jun 27, 2007
shango:

davidlyan are you jewish? Cuz you are more Zionist than some Israelis I know of.

Bleep Israel, Palestine and that whole region. Wtf has it got to do with Africans and Nigerians in particular. What is the point of spreading Zionist babble in a forum such as this? Its not like Ashkenazi jews that populate most of Israel care what Africans think of their Apartheid Racial state. Its one of the few states on the planet where citizenship depends on your bloodline.

Really? Arabs make up 20% of Isreali citizens, Ethiopians, refugees from Darfur, Nigerians are among those who hold Isreali citizenship.

shango:

Again, this has zero relation to Nigeria and this isnt a Israeli forum, how much do you get paid davidylan to spread such bullshit propaganda, don't the major media US outlets do a bang up job of spreading such Zionist views. You ever heard of any Major US Media outlet against Israel or not favoring a slanted view of the conflict in Israels direction. So what is your purpose here?

Perhaps you should be posting this in Al-Jazeera where Palestinian sympathizers might reside, because over here, we Nigerians could give less than 2 shits about some White European Jewish state founded on Apartheid fascist principles.

Do us all a favour and ignore this thread since it has zero relationship to Nigeria. Yes this is not an isreali forum but neither is it shango's forum. There are better threads to hypervetilate. Thank you.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by shango(m): 2:36am On Jun 27, 2007
did I say this wasnt davids forum? I said this forum isnt for spreading your bullshit Zionist Propaganda. There are Nigerians with citizenship everywhere in the world, maybe even in North Korea. You dont see North Koreans over here spewing crap about Communism being the way and the right to own nuclear weapons. Your Pro Israeli stance has nothing to contribute to this forum. Israel is in the middle East, You cannot name five Nigerians with Israeli citizenship (so because a handful of Nigerians have Israeli citizenship that is why we should care, psssh, PLEASE). There are people like you on various forums all over the internet, posting the same old lines and zionist propaganda, I am beggining to wonder if you are not paid Israeli operatives.

Again, ARE YOU AFRICAN? Because typically Non Africans that post on these forum usually post about Issues relating to Nigeria. This is a Nigerian forum afterall. That An Israeli/Jew would be posting on this forum about Zionist views is just strange. That an African would be posting such is even stranger and if you are African, I would really really like to know why you are on Israel's D*ck.

But since you didnt answer that question the first time I am guessing you wont this time around and I would probably be 99% correct in assuming you are infact Jewish and/or Israeli.
Re: Israel: Between The Devil Of Terrorism And The Deep Blue Sea Of Denial. by Nobody: 2:49am On Jun 27, 2007
shango:

did I say this wasnt davids forum? I said this forum isnt for spreading your bullshit Zionist Propaganda.

and pray who are you to tell us what this forum is for and what it is not for?

shango:

There are Nigerians with citizenship everywhere in the world, maybe even in North Korea. You don't see North Koreans over here spewing crap about Communism being the way and the right to own nuclear weapons. Your Pro Israeli stance has nothing to contribute to this forum. Israel is in the middle East, You cannot name five Nigerians with Israeli citizenship (so because a handful of Nigerians have Israeli citizenship that is why we should care, psssh, PLEASE). There are people like you on various forums all over the internet, posting the same old lines and zionist propaganda, I am beggining to wonder if you are not paid Israeli operatives.

Again, ARE YOU AFRICAN? Because typically Non Africans that post on these forum usually post about Issues relating to Nigeria. This is a Nigerian forum afterall. That An Israeli/Jew would be posting on this forum about Zionist views is just strange. That an African would be posting such is even stranger and if you are African, I would really really like to know why you are on Israel's D*ck.

But since you didnt answer that question the first time I am guessing you wont this time around and I would probably be 99% correct in assuming you are infact Jewish and/or Israeli.

err this is just one out of more than 1 million threads on this forum, one wonders why this is getting u all so knotted up and spewing forth even worse bile than the ones you have been complaining about. Please ignore this thread and concern urself with the thousands that you assume should concern Nigerians. e.g. my big fat dick. I guess that is an issue that relates to Nigeria. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Graphic:: Russian Loses In Ukraine, Destroyed And Abandoned Hardwares. PICTURES / US Economy Enters Depression And The End Of The Petrol-dollar This October / Six-ton Nasa Science Satellite Falls To Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.