Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,460 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) (79826 Views)

Poor Condition Of Hostels Of University Of Nigeria, UNN, Enugu Campus (Graphic) / Hilarious Post Updated On University Of Nigeria, Unn's Facebook Page / UNN Hostels After A Heavy Rainstorm (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Omoluabi16(m): 3:21pm On Sep 13, 2020
Kerosenehawker:
Everyone here that is complainiing, you guys know what to do

Allow the Universites in Nigeria, bcause it isn't just UNN, its all the others as well, to RAISE THEIR FEES.

What you are seeing in the pictures is what you get for fees between 40000-80000 naira and allocation of 18 billion naira....which in dollars is 104 -208 dollars, and 50 million dollars

Is that enough? NOO!

But Nigerians will begin the shout of 'WE ARE POOR'.

Meanwhile these same poor Nigerians spend billions on sending kids to study abroad, to read the same courses...

Well, stop complaining about the mess, because this is what we can afford. Either raise the fees, or raise the taxes . Thank you
It's people like you that encourage the nonsense we are facing in this country. Every solution is tax and to collect more from the people. You applauded the recent hike abi? Have you seen crazy amount and assets Ex government officials get as entitlements? Cumulate everything for 5 years and that will fix all the decaying federal schools within a short time. You know its a 2 way street. But no..you want only people barely hanging on to pay more.

3 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by TheCork(m): 3:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
undecided
Didn't they ban your other moniker?

Darling am juss trying to no u. I have moiney & I drive BMW innnit ..juss in case u ask. So relax. Anyways please describe yor body please? cheesy
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2020
Omoluabi16:
It's people like you that encourage the nonsense we are facing in this country. Every solution is tax and to collect more from the people. You applauded the recent hike abi? Have you seen crazy amount and assets Ex government officials get as entitlements? Cumulate everything for 5 years and that will fix all the decaying federal schools within a short time. You know its a 2 way street. But no..you want only people barely hanging on to pay more.

Yes, go and tell all that to the government

But the truth is , you people want UNN to be like universities in Europe tht get subvention and charge fees ten times larger than UNN's own. And are located in countries where the tax and gdp is higher.

What you are seeing is what you get for 200 dollars school fees. If you want Cambridge level or Harvard level, pay Cambridge or Harvard level school fees.

That is life.

Covenat looks like hotel coomared to this place, because Covenant charges fees in the millions.

If youu like, you can abuse me and my cat and my pet chicken. You can call me Buhari supporter. But in life, you get what you pay for.

3 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Aquilinae: 3:56pm On Sep 13, 2020
officialenny:
To some extent I will appreciate Prof Lilian Salami of Uniben effort in renovating the school facilities and it's hostels.... This is very shameful, Nigeria very own indigenous university hostel is nothing to write home about...I can't see any difference between this and a psychiatric home..Even psychiatric home are well taken care of now....Hail greatest UNIBEN students...I ❣️my school
I have seen few pictures of the recent renovation in Uniben and I must confess, Our VC is doing really well. I can't wait to see our school new look.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Pipsslow: 4:18pm On Sep 13, 2020
Forex training course for newbies and experienced forex traders going on. Course includes forex education, indicators and their uses, tested and proven forex strategies. If interested join the group link: https:///DAchpRfOt8iBxVqVOqvgLK or message via WhatsApp this number +234 8142811099. We also provide paid forex signals and mentorship.

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Bsc(m): 4:23pm On Sep 13, 2020
I feel like throwing up.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 4:35pm On Sep 13, 2020
Ishilove:
J111333
bigfrancis21 grin grin grin
What's this Ogbomosho College of Education graduate laughing at? grin

3 Likes

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Ishilove: 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2020
J111333:
What's this Ogbomosho College of Education graduate laughing at? grin
Lion, you no see your den in all its 'glory'? Great Nsukkite! cheesy cheesy
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Sep 13, 2020
Ishilove:

Lion, you no see your den in all its 'glory'? Great Nsukkite! cheesy cheesy
Come, take yuataim oo or I go swear for you now. grin

God punish Naija education system shaa. cry
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Ishilove: 4:56pm On Sep 13, 2020
J111333:
Come, take yuataim oo or I go swear for you now. grin

God punish Naija education system shaa. cry
Uber disgusting. Your former school hostels are disease factories
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by lekki1444: 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2020

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by lekki1444: 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2020
JAMZ1:
Toilets and bathrooms at UNN Enugu state

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by afroniger: 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
This is worse than a horror film. Damn!
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by humilitypays(m): 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
Black man, I keep wondering why nature cheated on black man by making the black race unable to lead themselves to light in their own lands, its a fundamental problem of the whole black race; lack of coordination, lack of maintenance culture, dirtiness, wickedness, selfishness, laziness, disorganized and uncreatively foolish, but very good in financial looting and kleptomania angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
are students still living? those students are something else.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Mac2016(m): 4:59pm On Sep 13, 2020
Omihanifa:
All these are happening simply because the universities are underfunded undecided

If there's adequate funding, the right infrastructures will be in place angry the hostels are too congested sad

The person that took those pictures get mind sha angry undecided
Certainly they are underfunded but another major problem is mismanagement cos the little they get eventually gets embezzled
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by ipobarethieves: 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
sad Even if they repair/fix thing there,the students will always be same same..why some rich peepz live off campus
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by HAminat(f): 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2020
hmmmmmmmmmmn
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by ericangel01(m): 5:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
Karlovich:
Chest beating beerfrans can't even keep their schools clean, smh
kiddy brain, I am a yoruba boy but I am against tribalism in this forum
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by ovonramwen: 5:01pm On Sep 13, 2020
Mention one hostel in unilag that’s like this??

BigSarah:
Even unilag has places like this .. that’s y i only stayed in hostels in final year.

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by adeniyi997: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
As expected see how this school looks too after several months of lockdown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCwZNpXEQXY
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Okuda(m): 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
Karlovich:
Chest beating beerfrans can't even keep their schools clean, smh

na only igbo people dey use the school? abi no be fg university again? una get sense so?

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Sep 13, 2020
Ishilove:

Uber disgusting. Your former school hostels are disease factories
Ike gwuru. sad
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by COMPAQ(m): 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2020
JAMZ1:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/photos-the-decayed-infrastructure-serving-as-unn-hostels

This is the opportunity cost of almost free education. I have rarely seen anything that was dirt cheap and also good quality. You can't eat your cake and have it.

While there is also the fact that the university and hostel management could be more competent, but that's what you get with grossly subsidised education in a country thats almost broke.

Is Covenant like this? Is Afe Babalola like this? Is Babcock like this? Is Redeemer like this? Is Igbinedion like this?

Nuff said!!

1 Like

Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by abc115: 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2020
Shameful
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Surfacebaba: 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2020
after u guys will be boasting chaiiii
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by DEROX: 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
grin no surprise any university I'm that region must be like that another example is one Madonna in okija
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by AK481(m): 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
The answer is more private hostels outside and people should be encouraged to stay off campus.

Some hostels should be outsourced , student will pay more and they will be few to stay in.

The hostel is just too congested . I stayed in mbanefo,Alvan and enijoku while a student , I have first hand experience, we shit like monkey on any available space to drop our toes and space to top up is fine.
Re: Decayed University Of Nigeria (UNN) Hostels (Graphic Photos) by Kennydoc(m): 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Oau Admission List For The Year 2010/2011 Released! / The Love Letter A Secondary School Boy Sent To His Teacher, Chioma (pics) / 2018 UTME: JAMB Bans Wristwatches, Pen, Spy Eyeglasses, USB, CD & More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.