Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Canadian Man Dates Nigerian Woman - Long Distance - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Canadian Man Dates Nigerian Woman - Long Distance (2014 Views)

Nigerian Man Dates Sisters;Proposes To 1,Gets Other Pregnant & Buy Her Home(Pics / Canadian Man Receives The First Successful Horse P*nis Transplant / Signs That Your Long Distance Relationship Is Fading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Man Dates Nigerian Woman - Long Distance by silentc(m): 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2011
First of all, the OP is the one in this situation and not his "friend".

He has already made up his mind and came here to convince himself that the woman is genuine.

People have given him firm and logical info that this is a scam and he chooses to not believe and "bow out" as he doesn't like what he is hearing.

Most scams have 2 sides to it. The victim always screams blue murder. . . . . but people do not highlight their greed (and not only financial greed) that allowed them to be scammed. Something is too good to be true and you jump on it and want to take advantage, get scammed and come out and cry you were a victim.

Oh well. . . .

Blackteeth:

The Americans and canadians are not into fraud like Nigeria, so their low awareness is what makes them victims and not about being dumb.

I cant believe someone thinks Americans/Canadians aren't in to fraud? Wow. . . .i guess you don't live around them so don't know. Americans are involved in fraud ranging from the boardroom in corporations to people who take advantage of faulty cash machines that have a glitch and pay out with without debiting their account.
Re: Canadian Man Dates Nigerian Woman - Long Distance by Tosinville(m): 5:54pm On Feb 28, 2011
Almost every countries are in fraud but the rates are just different.
Re: Canadian Man Dates Nigerian Woman - Long Distance by sorrytoo: 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2011
undecided
Re: Canadian Man Dates Nigerian Woman - Long Distance by Blackteeth(m): 6:53pm On Feb 28, 2011
silentc, I think you have a comprehension problem, why dont you understand that I said Americans are not heavily into fraud like Nigeria. I doesnt mean Americans are totally clean from fraud.
Re: Canadian Man Dates Nigerian Woman - Long Distance by adagz01(m): 7:14pm On Feb 28, 2011
See as nl people dey pour sand for person garri
Re: Canadian Man Dates Nigerian Woman - Long Distance by 190: 7:30pm On Feb 28, 2011
adagz 01:

See as nl people dey pour sand for person garri
grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Man Dates Nigerian Woman - Long Distance by CyberG: 9:15pm On Feb 28, 2011
Hey Vaughn. . .it is quite simple and you can find out things with minimal stress. If she has not been asking for money, it is a good sign. You need to do two things:

1. Check with CIC the details of her visa application as you are the one inviting her over. Tell them your story, of course, without (unnecessarily) jeopardizing her application because if you do, visas can still be canceled at the port of entry.

2. If you send her a flight ticket, do not send any cash! Yes, it is expensive for most people even in Canada to buy a ticket to Nigeria so it is even more of a financial burden to buy in Nigeria to Canada. Buy a ticket that can be canceled or changed in someway. This way she cannot just take your money and not show-up in Canada.
Re: Canadian Man Dates Nigerian Woman - Long Distance by Dsense(m): 9:20pm On Feb 28, 2011
OP.
Child of God!! grin grin
Re: Canadian Man Dates Nigerian Woman - Long Distance by silentc(m): 10:23pm On Feb 28, 2011
Blackteeth:

silentc, I think you have a comprehension problem, why dont you understand that I said Americans are not heavily into fraud like Nigeria. I doesnt mean Americans are totally clean from fraud.

My guy, I dont have a comprehension problem. . . . . What percentage of Americans are fraudulent? Do you know?

Just because the fraudulent actions of Americans aren't publicized as much as that of Nigerians, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. How many Americans are claiming disability benefits when they can work? How many are receiving social security benefits for a child not under their care? How many are living together but still claim benefit as a single parent? Isnt this fraudulent also? Or is 419 or dating scams the only type of fraud? Or are some types of fraud more fraudulent than others?

Anyway. . . . like i said, if you dont know. . . .you dont know.
Re: Canadian Man Dates Nigerian Woman - Long Distance by Blackteeth(m): 10:39pm On Feb 28, 2011
Silentc, may be I should have specifically said that Americans are not so much into the kind of internet fraud that Nigerians engage in. If actually the Americans are heavily into it like in Nigeria, their awareness level would have prevented them from falling for Nigerian scams.
Re: Canadian Man Dates Nigerian Woman - Long Distance by ifyalways(f): 10:53pm On Feb 28, 2011
This has scam written all over it.
Someone can afford to go online,either usuing cyber cafe or personal Lappy but can't afford a phone with cam?does not add up
Re: Canadian Man Dates Nigerian Woman - Long Distance by dady2011(m): 6:12am On Mar 05, 2011
vaughn17 it is a scam. tell ur friend to count his loss and forget it. if he does not, he will loss more money before he realize that he is dealing to very smart scammer. And he will loss big time if he does not stop sending this scammer money. I am a Nigerian and I know what I am talking about. the hospital thing and talking to the Doctor is arranged and a scam to take money from your friend,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Did You First Meet Your Spouse? / My 13 Yr Old Brother Has A Girlfriend / Ladies Why Do You Play Games?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.