Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:52 PM

Is Marriage A Must-have Or Is It Simply A Nice-to-have? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Marriage A Must-have Or Is It Simply A Nice-to-have? (2327 Views)

Why Do Guys Act Exceptionally Nice To Pretty Girls? (Photos) / Sex before marriage Is A Sin, Fyn. Is Kissing before marriage A Sin? / Disadvantages Of Being Nice To Women.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marriage A Must-have Or Is It Simply A Nice-to-have? by Pweety4me(f): 6:30pm On Mar 05, 2011
Ms. Potato:

Marriage cannot be define as a MUST HAVE neither could it be define as a NICE TO HAVE> If people say that it is a must have or it is nice to have, Im sure they are living in denial.

Nobody should be forced to get married when they are not ready to or they simply dont want to. Marriage is never a nice to have cause marriage has alot of complications and alsot of life challenges such as u already have wasted alot of money for the wedding,t han u have countless fights and cries with your partners, than you have your kids whom wont stop giving you hell. . . But for those whom are ready for marriage, all those problems would be actually worth it and it wont be worth it to those whom are not into marriage.

As for me personally, I take life as it comes and Im neutral about marriage. If its faited for me to get married than I shall otherwise why bother, life goes on and cherish it to the fullest.

Marriage is not a TREAT or HOLIDAY! cheesy grin lipsrsealed
Re: Is Marriage A Must-have Or Is It Simply A Nice-to-have? by Pweety4me(f): 6:32pm On Mar 05, 2011
harakiri:

Now that's what i'm talking about. That's a REAL relationship based on REAL LOVE,REAL TRUST AND REAL SECURITY and not that fake crap that enslaves some poor guy to some woman who blows hot one minute and blows cold the next minute and she can do whatever she likes coz the guy was dumb enough to sign a legal contract (marriage certificate) in the presence of witnesses (wedding invitees) who can testify in the court of law. He has to wear a ring (which is the greek symbol for eternal bondage) as a sign of his "undying love" and "commitment" to the "marriage". Utterly sad and pathetic! ! !

Dude, you still think it's a 'Man's world' right? wink
Re: Is Marriage A Must-have Or Is It Simply A Nice-to-have? by assme: 4:08pm On Mar 10, 2011
As more and more black girls in our network stay single and the average age of marriage continues to rise, it makes you wonder if marriage is even important

@poster pls take note of the correction above cos we guys ain't bothered about this your subject/question, we get married anytime we want, even at 90. and I hope this is not a consolation question of a single/ aging lady who needs encouragement cos she's about giving up searching? grin
Re: Is Marriage A Must-have Or Is It Simply A Nice-to-have? by chic2pimp(m): 5:27pm On Mar 10, 2011
What is it with Black Women in America and marriage? Abeg Marriage is not by force jare. Live and let live I say.
Re: Is Marriage A Must-have Or Is It Simply A Nice-to-have? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Mar 10, 2011
well as for me,d only reason why i think i want to get married is to stop fornication and as well av a companion/partner whom i can share my life with and grow 2geda cos come to think of it,all d pple kipin u company 2day will all leave u to get a life for themselves and u mite jst end up a lonely old woman/man,but for me d ist reason is mor imp cos as much as i like intimacy. I seriously hate fornicatng cos of guilty conscience! sad
Re: Is Marriage A Must-have Or Is It Simply A Nice-to-have? by MLSwiss: 12:49am On Mar 11, 2011
I'm a woman and I don't want to get married nor have kids EVER !
Re: Is Marriage A Must-have Or Is It Simply A Nice-to-have? by assme: 8:43am On Mar 11, 2011
Is Marriage A Must-have Or Is It Simply A Nice-to-have?

How come its only ladies that are more concerned or emotional about this question?
Re: Is Marriage A Must-have Or Is It Simply A Nice-to-have? by ritapearl(f): 5:31pm On Mar 11, 2011
All forms of gambling are frowned on by most religions. Except of course, MARRIAGE.

assme:

How come its only ladies that are more concerned or emotional about this question?

Because ladies are the ones being married.
Re: Is Marriage A Must-have Or Is It Simply A Nice-to-have? by assme: 10:34am On Mar 14, 2011
Because ladies are the ones being married.

No! its because they are the only human species that age out of marriage.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Me Out Please. / 7 Things You Can Never Change In A Guy! / Love And Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.