Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,026 members, 7,835,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries (34054 Views)

ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? / FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS / Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by icuminpiss(m): 3:38pm On Oct 08, 2020
ASUU should just please comply with them, because I don't see buhari withdrawing this IPPIS stuff!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by MAGG0T(m): 3:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
Misterone:
how you go fit take better when you dey inside shit? dem tell you say any better thing dey inside shit? you no know say na swear you dey swear for yaself? all these children self.

I don't regularly reply to kids, but I can see, people like u lack manners.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by tjcare4u2005(m): 3:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
Simple and short
God bless my President Buhari

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by JB4life: 3:40pm On Oct 08, 2020
samuelpeters:

Agencies that generate their own money are not under IPPIS because they(agencies) determine their workers salaries and every other allowances. Infact they remit money to FG like FIRS,NNPC,CBN and others.
Those under IPPIS are MDAs that depend on FG for funding of any kind which sadly universites fall under.

Don't look at it from that perspective.

Those agencies like CBN ,FIRS,NNPC,customs,, immigration,NPA,NIMASA,etc that are generating huge revenue were established and empowered by the FG to do what they are doing,just as public varsities were also established and empowered by FG to render their services too.

So,since all are public establishments,there should be some closeness in terms of SALARIES and allowances.

It should not be equal because of peculiarities of job specifications,but the gap should not be more than 50 %.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 08, 2020
ASUU should embrace the ippis na haba.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 08, 2020
hidhrhis:
Thank you , Mr. President. I stand firmly with you on this. Employees cannot dictate the rules of payment to employers. ASUU has been so overbearing and corrupt. If they don't resume, advertise their positions.
where is my ipob brothers
come and analyze this picture
is this buhari or jibril al sudani cos this buhari that im seeing is looking somehow young

Spell this your moniker so we know you’re Fulani and expect nothing from your brain!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Misterone: 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2020
MAGG0T:

I don't regularly reply to kids, but I can see, people like u lack manners.
you are a very stupid kid for saying yoúr country is a shithole. most likely you live inside shit. suffer don finish you. Nama.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by olawalepopoola: 3:46pm On Oct 08, 2020
My question is how does this affect the State Universities?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by jericco1(m): 3:49pm On Oct 08, 2020
Thank God say Man don graduate since cool
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Antimalaria(m): 3:50pm On Oct 08, 2020
Can things Really be well??
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by duduade: 3:51pm On Oct 08, 2020
samuelpeters:

Agencies that generate their own money are not under IPPIS because they(agencies) determine their workers salaries and every other allowances. Infact they remit money to FG like FIRS,NNPC,CBN and others.
Those under IPPIS are MDAs that depend on FG for funding of any kind which sadly universites fall under.

Then Federal universities should start finding themselves... Increase the school fees etc

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by samuelpeters(m): 3:52pm On Oct 08, 2020
JB4life:

Don't look at it from that perspective.

Those agencies like CBN ,FIRS,NNPC,customs,, immigration,NPA,NIMASA,etc that are generating huge revenue were established and empowered by the FG to do what they are doing,just as public varsities were also established and empowered by FG to render their services too.

So,since all are public establishments,there should be some closeness in terms of SALARIES and allowances.

It should not be equal because of peculiarities of job specifications,but the gap should not be more than 50 %.
Those peculiarities are what made these agencies peculiar in the first place. They generate money for FG. So you don't expect them to have the same salary with those that are docile. There was a time JAMB remitted billions of naira to FG. So you want them to now collect the same salaries with ministry.

Universities said they want Autonomy but they still depend on FG for funding etal( which is understandable. Because if they are fully autonomous, fees will rise to 600k+). Now FG is saying i want to cut down on some unnecessary expenses. Any agency that i fund must join IPPIS.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by samuelpeters(m): 3:53pm On Oct 08, 2020
duduade:

Then Federal universities should start finding themselves... Increase the school fees etc
You and i will still be at the receiving end either ways.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Picardor2: 3:55pm On Oct 08, 2020
Our lecturers are trying so hard to legalize stealing. The shud join ippis simple and stop this nonsense if they don't have a plan. Or we beat them up in their hz and flog the ones wey get other businesses or their pikin dey foreign land. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 08, 2020
I know Universities that recruited more than 500 personnel to cover ghost workers they've been receiving their salary. Some surreptitiously looked for ppl & sell them the offers at cheap cost all to cover what FG allegedly uncovered.
The tactic now is, they want to prolong the strike so that all newly recruited staffs employed to replace the ghost workers can meet the minimum of 6 months bank account statement required to be enrolled in IPPIS to avoid embarrassment.
I wish our journalists are so patriotic & well trained to do some Investigative Journalism about this evil selfish acts happening in Universities.
Only God can save this nation because this strike is only targeting the replaced ghost workers at the detriment of students education.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by duduade: 3:56pm On Oct 08, 2020
samuelpeters:

You and i will still be at the receiving end either ways.

That's the only way out.. If funding is to be tackled

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by samuelpeters(m): 3:56pm On Oct 08, 2020
olawalepopoola:
My question is how does this affect the State Universities?
I have been asking this question since.
I think they are joining their counterparts in FG universites for solidarity sake.
Because any of their agitations rest with their respective state governments

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by duduade: 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2020
Coronabirus:
I know Universities that recruited more than 500 personnel to cover ghost workers they've been receiving their salary. Some surreptitiously looked for ppl & sell them the offers at cheap cost all to cover what FG allegedly uncovered.
The tactic now is, they want to prolong the strike so that all newly recruited staffs employed to replace the ghost workers can meet the minimum of 6 months bank account statement required to be enrolled in IPPIS to avoid embarrassment.
I wish our journalists are so patriotic & well trained to do some Investigative Journalism about this evil selfish acts happening in Universities.
Only God can save this nation because this strike is only targeting the replaced ghost workers at the detriment of students education.

Call those Universities out

9 Likes

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by bolousadex: 3:59pm On Oct 08, 2020
someone in the system was telling me that some lecturers collect double/triple salary at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 08, 2020
Madibah:
Buhari no get chills at all
Buhari is not the type to fcvk with

But ASSU is all about their selfish interest
Not knowing that education is toothless under buhari

Buhari doesn't care
If you like strike for 600 years
..... Correct talk you hammer here !
Na dem selfish interest dem dey carry go !
One lecture go carry work wey go fit employ 10 graduate assistant for em university ! Na dem dey course unemployment and shortage of lecturers for we university sad
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Sixfit: 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
They should join if they have nothing to hide
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Chidexthebest: 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
Pres. Buhari has no joy damn!
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by happy200(m): 4:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
Buhari is a leader every country in the whole world needs! "The voice of silent majority"

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by blowjohn(m): 4:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
Petersamuel8:
Why is ASUU proving difficult to break? this whole strike saga is just because of their selfish interest, they are only interested in collecting multiple salaries, kudos to federal government

Non university staff are not on multiple sources of income?
Even u talking u have only one means of making money abi?
Buhari has one means of making money abi?
Live and let live
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by blowjohn(m): 4:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
Even some of u talking u have only one means of making money abi?
Live and let live
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Miracle2020: 4:08pm On Oct 08, 2020
Buhari please just fire those ones that don't want to be in IPPIS, their are millions waiting for employment.
An employee cannot decide for his employer.
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by samuelpeters(m): 4:08pm On Oct 08, 2020
duduade:

That's the only way out.. If funding is to be tackled
Maybe...
Universities usually work with industries for research and also sell some of her ideas to industries. Its another way to generate money. But we don't have it here in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by OKame(m): 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
Seems there is no end in sight for this strike
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by samuelpeters(m): 4:12pm On Oct 08, 2020
blowjohn:

Even u talking u have only one means of making money abi?
Live and let live
So lecturers should be collecting salaries from 3 or 4 universities while we have so many scholars with phD that could fill up those spaces
Nobody is stopping them from having 2 or more streams of income but not in the same system.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by damiloladuke: 4:13pm On Oct 08, 2020
هذه هي أفضل طريقة لإزالة الفساد من النظام.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'Facebook Nursery & Primary School' In Lagos(photo) / 5 Reasons Why You Should Not Study Law In Nigeria / KBKFoundation To Give N500,000 To Ikekpeazu Chidinma UNN Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.