Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries (34057 Views)

ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? / FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS / Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Immunity04: 6:41pm On Oct 08, 2020
olawalepopoola:
My question is how does this affect the State Universities?
Nice question...Some state Universities are just confuse
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Petersamuel8(m): 7:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
malikombi:

Can you please highlight the selfish interest and tell us how this whole agitation is for our personal purse
Then explain to me why they are against a scheme that the whole federal workers are using? What makes them special from others? Is strike the only means of letting their grievances to the government?
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Jman06(m): 7:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
malikombi:

Can you please highlight the selfish interest and tell us how this whole agitation is for our personal purse
If it is not about IPPIS, then enrol in the damn IPPIS, call off your strike and stop 'fighting for students'. Students would make do with what comes out of TETFUND in terms of facilities.

If you really care about students, you would consider the trauma they have gone through due to COVID19 and haven languished at home for close to seven months. You 'll also consider the precarious nature of the Nigerian job markets and the fact that many students would no longer qualify for many jobs by the time they leave school due to your strikes that made them spend longer years than necessary in school.

But we all know that you don't care about the plights of students, so stop playing on our intelligence by claiming you're on strike because of students.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Ooluwatobi95: 7:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
Let be serious there is something that both party is hiding bt the strike go soon turn to surviver of the strongest
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Pancakeey(f): 7:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
I’m so tired of sitting at home cry besides what’s this IPPIS thing that ASUU doesn’t want?

ASUU should just bend just this time
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by ODJ124(m): 7:10pm On Oct 08, 2020
grin
Picardor2:
Our lecturers are trying so hard to legalize stealing. The shud join ippis simple and stop this nonsense if they don't have a plan. Or we beat them up in their hz and flog the ones wey get other businesses or their pikin dey foreign land. Nonsense
grin
Picardor2:
Our lecturers are trying so hard to legalize stealing. The shud join ippis simple and stop this nonsense if they don't have a plan. Or we beat them up in their hz and flog the ones wey get other businesses or their pikin dey foreign land. Nonsense
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Biodun556(m): 7:13pm On Oct 08, 2020
Olude193:

Please that number he said is fake

That's means there ghost workers among them
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by maasoap(m): 7:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
Madibah:
Buhari no get chills at all
Buhari is not the type to fcvk with

But ASSU is all about their selfish interest
Not knowing that education is toothless under buhari

Buhari doesn't care

If you like strike for 600 years

I'm wondering if this is positive or negative comment about Buhari and his insistence on ASUU joining IPPIS
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by malikombi(m): 7:17pm On Oct 08, 2020
Jman06:
If it is not about IPPIS, then enrol in the damn IPPIS, call off your strike and stop 'fighting for students'. Students would make do with what comes out of TETFUND in terms of facilities.

If you really care about students, you would consider the trauma they have gone through due to COVID19 and haven languished at home for close to seven months. You 'll also consider the precarious nature of the Nigerian job markets and the fact that many students would no longer qualify for many jobs by the time they leave school due to your strikes that made them spend longer years than necessary in school.

But we all know that you don't care about the plights of students, so stop playing on our intelligence by claiming you're on strike because of students.
We do not recognize any student but rather saving the university education system. It is not the fault of the Union if they fail to qualify for jobs based on age bracket (blame it on the failing system). You mentioned something about tetfund right; its as a result of ASUU struggle. Our salaries are been withheld for between 3-8 months amidst covid 19 and you dare say this struggle is for the students. Damn!!!
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by maasoap(m): 7:20pm On Oct 08, 2020
Bunnatex:
This is a right step in the right direction. If ASUU have nothing to hide, let them embrace IPPIS. This will even open more employment opportunities for unemployed youths and graduates

In fact, this will be side benefits for unemployed graduates who would be interested in lecturing jobs. Imagine lecturers abandoning classes in their primary place of work for weeks until exams are approaching just to go and lecture in other higher institutions! That's corruption

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by malikombi(m): 7:25pm On Oct 08, 2020
Petersamuel8:

Then explain to me why they are against a scheme that the whole federal workers are using? What makes them special from others? Is strike the only means of letting their grievances to the government?
ASUU is not against it but its not peculiar to university autonomy. The platform give power to an ordinary staff (maybe sch cert) in ippis office to determine whether a lecturer would be employed in the university. The university won't be able to fire and hire until approval is gotten from abuja. Pathetic
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by samuelpeters(m): 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2020
NextBuhari:
Can you suggest an alternative strategy other than strikes?
ASUU are the ones that claimed to be a union of intellectuals not me.
They should do the thinking.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Earnonline7: 7:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
Really
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Jman06(m): 7:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
malikombi:

We do not recognize any student but rather saving the university education system. It is not the fault of the Union if they fail to qualify for jobs based on age bracket (blame it on the failing system). You mentioned something about tetfund right; its as a result of ASUU struggle. Our salaries are been withheld for between 3-8 months amidst covid 19 and you dare say this struggle is for the students. Damn!!!
You know Nigerian lecturers don't even care about quality of our education sector. Your last statement summed it all up. It's always about your salaries and nothing more. So, why try to deceive us

Even going through your profile, all I kept seeing was "when is government going to pay January salary ?", "FG workers, have you received june salary?"...So so salary, allowance, nothing more! No quality research outputs, no quality teaching.

Don't worry, continue the strike you hear? You no go see shi shi as salary this time around as long as you remain on strike, and students that used to carry the matter on their head before have decided not to bother about the strike again. If the matter drags for too long, many students would request for their transcripts and transfer to private universities or some functional state universities. Many would even drop out and leave the universities for lecturers to do whatever they want with.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Trust22(m): 7:40pm On Oct 08, 2020
malikombi:

ASUU is not against it but its not peculiar to university autonomy. The platform give power to an ordinary staff (maybe sch cert) in ippis office to determine whether a lecturer would be employed in the university. The university won't be able to fire and hire until approval is gotten from abuja. Pathetic

Wow.. If this is really true that means our university system would be gone if ASUU finally enrolled...
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Pancakeey(f): 7:44pm On Oct 08, 2020
SilverNorGold:

He's a no-nonsense leader!
How is he a no nonsense leader? grin

Buhari is a tyrant. I doubt we’re practicing democracy.
Man has brought nothing but pain to Nigeria
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Pancakeey(f): 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
malikombi:

Excuse me. Are you a member of ASUU??

I have something to send to you

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by malikombi(m): 7:55pm On Oct 08, 2020
Pancakeey:

Excuse me. Are you a member of ASUU??

I have something to send to you
A proud one
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by malikombi(m): 7:56pm On Oct 08, 2020
Trust22:

Wow.. If this is really true that means our university system would be gone if ASUU finally enrolled...
Its happening gradually
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Petersamuel8(m): 7:58pm On Oct 08, 2020
malikombi:

Why can't the government take the Responsibility to hire and fire staffs when they are the ones in fact paying them (including the ones hired by the school)

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Pancakeey(f): 8:04pm On Oct 08, 2020
malikombi:

A proud one
So why doesn’t ASUU want IPPIS?

Is it because some lecturers teach in more than one university and they want to be getting paid differently?

Or because accepting IPPIS would mean no salary for ghost workers?
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by jaiyefavour: 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2020
Petersamuel8:

Why can't the government take the Responsibility to hire and fire staffs when they are the ones in fact paying them (including the ones hired by the school)
my brother ask me ooooo...and they have paid these corrupt lecturers until july2020

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by malikombi(m): 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2020
Jman06:
You know Nigerian lecturers don't even care about quality of our education sector. Your last statement summed it all up. It's always about your salaries and nothing more. So, why try to deceive us

Even going through your profile, all I kept seeing was "when is government going to pay January salary ?", "FG workers, have you received june salary?"...So so salary, allowance, nothing more! No quality research outputs, no quality teaching.

Don't worry, continue the strike you hear? You no go see shi shi as salary this time around as long as you remain on strike, and students that used to carry the matter on their head before have decided not to bother about the strike again. If the matter drags for too long, many students would request for their transcripts and transfer to private universities or some functional state universities. Many would even drop out and leave the universities for lecturers to do whatever they want with.
Funny you......my post is to track the activities of other Federal agency salary patterns for reasons best known to me. I usually get mine ever before the month ends. Quality research and teaching!!! What yardstick did you use to confirm its substandard My university which was founded in 2013 is ranked best in Nigeria when it comes to publication. Request for transcript when the strike is still active nah. Meanwhile, note that without salary for months, I still have loads of you under my roof and their responsibilities are being well catered for. Shallom!!!
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by jaiyefavour: 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2020
Pancakeey:

Is it because some lecturers teach in more than one university and they want to be getting paid differently?

its true na....very true...ippis is very transparent and hunger go kill those against it
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by MoIbrahim: 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2020
Petersamuel8:

Oga ASUU aren't the only ones on IPPIS, I have relatives currently on the scheme, at first there will be some sort of hiccups which with time will be rectify
Is that so? Okay, now one can understand why CBN, FIRS, NASS and NNPC are exempted from IPPIS.
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Misterone: 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
MAGG0T:

Senseless lad , I don't have time to banter with kids, go look for ur mates to exchange lines with, bye cheesy
you are insulting your father's age mate abi? Na God go punish you.
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Pancakeey(f): 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
jaiyefavour:
its true na....very true...ippis is very transparent and hunger go kill those against it
grin
Exactly. I just want the strike to end
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by jaiyefavour: 8:13pm On Oct 08, 2020
Pancakeey:
grin
Exactly. I just want the strike to end
I want make them arrest pr sack that ASUU president...how can I pay school fees and ure delaying the service...na fraud na
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Pancakeey(f): 8:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
jaiyefavour:
I want make them arrest pr sack that ASUU president...how can I pay school fees and ure delaying the service...na fraud na
grin that man has received so many backlash sef.

But don’t worry your schools fees can’t expire. The advantages of being in a federal or state school
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by malikombi(m): 8:17pm On Oct 08, 2020
Pancakeey:

This is how it works. If you have vast experience or you're an expert in a particular field, another university may wish to employ you on visiting basis for the sake of their students to gain from your wealth of experience and you'll be paid (not full). You'll need to attain a certain rank and Only a very few percentage of lecturers are involved. ASUU has nothing against ghost workers. Government may wish to go any length and punish them accordingly

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by jaiyefavour: 8:17pm On Oct 08, 2020
Pancakeey:
grin that man has received so many backlash sef.

But don’t worry your schools fees can’t expire. The advantages of being in a federal or state school
even of fees don't expire na fraud be this na....if that wicked man pay for something the people con dey tell am their oga no dey try ehn go wan hear

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Should Not Study Law In Nigeria / KBKFoundation To Give N500,000 To Ikekpeazu Chidinma UNN Best Graduating Student / Several Nigerians Graduate From University Of The West Of Scotland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.