Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries (34056 Views)

ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? / FG Stops Salaries Of University Workers Not Enrolled On IPPIS / Undergraduates Allege Extortion By Lecturers On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by AIlahuAkbar: 1:42pm On Oct 09, 2020
Picardor2:
Our lecturers are trying so hard to legalize stealing. The shud join ippis simple and stop this nonsense if they don't have a plan. Or we beat them up in their hz and flog the ones wey get other businesses or their pikin dey foreign land. Nonsense
boys have already started tracking ASUU lecturers.
Heard one was stoned recently cos his kids are studying overseas
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by AIlahuAkbar: 1:43pm On Oct 09, 2020
Coronabirus:
I know Universities that recruited more than 500 personnel to cover ghost workers they've been receiving their salary. Some surreptitiously looked for ppl & sell them the offers at cheap cost all to cover what FG allegedly uncovered.
The tactic now is, they want to prolong the strike so that all newly recruited staffs employed to replace the ghost workers can meet the minimum of 6 months bank account statement required to be enrolled in IPPIS to avoid embarrassment.
I wish our journalists are so patriotic & well trained to do some Investigative Journalism about this evil selfish acts happening in Universities.
Only God can save this nation because this strike is only targeting the replaced ghost workers at the detriment of students education.
this really needs to be uncovered and exposed

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by AIlahuAkbar: 1:46pm On Oct 09, 2020
SDEC:
I think ASUU should be dissolved and monopoly should be given to Congress of Universities Academics (CONUA). When the FG was contemplating reopening universities ASUU said it was suicidal and they will not return to work, CONUA members on the other hand urged FG to reopen and that they were ready to get back to work with all safety protocols put in place. CONUA members have been receiving salaries through IPPIS all these months without complaints but IPPIS is a huge problem for ASUU members. Everything seems to be an issue with this criminal union called ASUU. #EndAsuuStrike or #ScrapASUU
does FG have the right to dissolve ASUU?
if yes what are they waiting for?
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by AIlahuAkbar: 1:47pm On Oct 09, 2020
leosahm:

u are a nonentity........a fool for ever...
tookool is right. You're the bigger fool here
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by AIlahuAkbar: 1:49pm On Oct 09, 2020
Emmmy360:
Nothing pain me pass say I no graduate this year
omo we dey the same shoes oh
chai by now I for dey prepare rounding up
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by AIlahuAkbar: 1:52pm On Oct 09, 2020
zigirl56:
I pity all these students supporting the president over this nonsense idea
The politicians that are corrupt, what measures has he taken? ASUU might have their own shortcomings but let's see how many times ASUU have to go on strike before the government will agree to fix our universities n release money for a better studies
Universities are autonomous body and thereby the president is not even suppose to meddle into their matters but rather to focus on how they'll improve our educational systems
don't be so stupid, this issue Is about salaries and not funding of any Universities.
Learn to concentrate and read the news well before you open your gutter mouth to comment.
Ode
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by AIlahuAkbar: 1:56pm On Oct 09, 2020
bioman:
It's obvious most people on this forum knows nothing about ASUU struggles. IPPIS is just a diversion from the real thing.
one of them wicked useless ASUU members spotted
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by AIlahuAkbar: 2:00pm On Oct 09, 2020
Immunity04:
Nice question...Some state Universities are just confuse
one lecturer in a state University in my residence recently told us that he's back home due to ASUU strike but recently when the state government called for the immediate reopening of schools, he went back and started lectures and I was just surprised at their level of confusion
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by AIlahuAkbar: 2:04pm On Oct 09, 2020
Jman06:
If it is not about IPPIS, then enrol in the damn IPPIS, call off your strike and stop 'fighting for students'. Students would make do with what comes out of TETFUND in terms of facilities.

If you really care about students, you would consider the trauma they have gone through due to COVID19 and haven languished at home for close to seven months. You 'll also consider the precarious nature of the Nigerian job markets and the fact that many students would no longer qualify for many jobs by the time they leave school due to your strikes that made them spend longer years than necessary in school.

But we all know that you don't care about the plights of students, so stop playing on our intelligence by claiming you're on strike because of students.
I just shared this
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by AIlahuAkbar: 2:06pm On Oct 09, 2020
malikombi:

We do not recognize any student but rather saving the university education system. It is not the fault of the Union if they fail to qualify for jobs based on age bracket (blame it on the failing system). You mentioned something about tetfund right; its as a result of ASUU struggle. Our salaries are been withheld for between 3-8 months amidst covid 19 and you dare say this struggle is for the students. Damn!!!
then go and join the farm and leave the University.
you sound quite stupid
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by AIlahuAkbar: 2:08pm On Oct 09, 2020
Jman06:
You know Nigerian lecturers don't even care about quality of our education sector. Your last statement summed it all up. It's always about your salaries and nothing more. So, why try to deceive us

Even going through your profile, all I kept seeing was "when is government going to pay January salary ?", "FG workers, have you received june salary?"...So so salary, allowance, nothing more! No quality research outputs, no quality teaching.

Don't worry, continue the strike you hear? You no go see shi shi as salary this time around as long as you remain on strike, and students that used to carry the matter on their head before have decided not to bother about the strike again.

If the matter drags for too long, many students would request for their transcripts and transfer to private universities or some functional state universities. Many would even drop out and leave the universities for lecturers to do whatever they want with.
your last bolded paragraph is so touching.
May God help us

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by AIlahuAkbar: 2:11pm On Oct 09, 2020
malikombi:

A proud one
then God will punish you and your fellow wicked colleagues for bringing this untold pain upon us.
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Immunity04: 2:16pm On Oct 09, 2020
AIlahuAkbar:
one lecturer in a state University in my residence recently told us that he's back home due to ASUU strike but recently when the state government called for the immediate reopening of schools, he went back and started lectures and I was just surprised at their level of confusion
Yes nah the said state University's staff is under the payroll of the state Government... Though other state Universities are still striking with them claiming it's foolish solidarity
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by malikombi(m): 5:17pm On Oct 09, 2020
AIlahuAkbar:
then God will punish you and your fellow wicked colleagues for bringing this untold pain upon us.
My respect for your moniker won't allow me give you the appropriate response
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Weedee(m): 5:57pm On Oct 09, 2020
AIlahuAkbar:
weed infested brain, I hope you read this below and have sense.
Replying you is like schooling a child with learning disability.
They are talking about transparency, if they want all agencies to be transparent, then why not pay all ministries through the same platform?
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by Chibueze90: 6:24pm On Oct 09, 2020
base on my careful analysis on the case at hand btw fg and ASUU, I deduce that fg were not sincere in this matter because hw will you sign an agreement with a union and subsequently fail to honor the agreement...it's called breach of contract.

secondly, you brought up an idea of ipps 11yrs ago (2009) to be implemented to all MDAs, which is good but then some MDAs complained about some discrepancies in ipps that might suit their payment platform, because ipps platform is just like a Excel data sheet format in which EVERY ALLOWANCE paid to every workers is present there but it was seen that some organization allowance peculiarities were not included in the platform..Now I believe that fg Should have confirmed ,amend, add and correct the necessary abnormalities in the platform but they failed to do necessary adjustment SIMPLY because the software was built by word bank with billions of naira and for them to adjust anything on the platform, they need to contact world bank and pay another huge billions for the correction, the reason is that the BACKEND OR IPPIS DATA BASE IS NOT IN NIGERIA (lol).. very pathetic

thirdly.. from my careful investigation..I came to understand that lecturers salaries were consolidated.. ie their salary comprises of basic salary and peculiar allowance.. now this is where there is confusion, lecturers re claiming that TAX should be deducted from there basic salary but ippis is deducting tax on both there basic and allowance.

Also lecturers claim that there promotion is not stationary..ie lecturers promotion are not base on hw many yrs u re in the institution but it depends solemly on the more certificate u aquire ( msc ,PhD, ) and also quality journal published..now after you ve gotten the necessary documents and qualifications due for promotion, you will be appraised by you Dept, faculty n finally school Senate before u will be promoted.this can happen at any month of the year, but ippis mode of promotion is stationary, Ie, promotion is sessional , maybe two times or once every yr, if u miss that particular month or period, you wait till next year..

Another stuff I also discovered is that ippis office is only situated at Abuja, any complaint by lecturer from unilag base on mistake or error in payment will require you to travel from Lagos to Abuja, lodge in a hotel for days until you're attended to Compared to there formal method of operandi in which lecturers can simply go there burser for any complaint and it will be attended to at no expense to the lecturers...

Now on ASUU part,
this consistent strike should stop...you people should find another way of getting fg attention and not only strike because we the students re seriously SUFFERING and are always at the loosing end in this fight..
pls and pls consider the plight of our youth In this country wasting away cos of the brutal and yeye fight btw yourselves and fg
thanks
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by DedeNkem: 4:41am On Oct 10, 2020
I don't like Buhari because he has no respect for Rule of Law and he's desperate to be a dictator in this Democracy so badly!

But I like this IPPIS policy he created and I hope he'll continue to stand firm on it. If the Uni. lecturers have nothing to hide, they would enroll in the IPPIS to receive their salaries! Those who steal money via ghost workers are sponsoring this useless Strike!
Re: Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries by sreamsense: 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2020
Chibueze90:
base on my careful analysis on the case at hand btw fg and ASUU, I deduce that fg were not sincere in this matter because hw will you sign an agreement with a union and subsequently fail to honor the agreement...it's called breach of contract.

secondly, you brought up an idea of ipps 11yrs ago (2009) to be implemented to all MDAs, which is good but then some MDAs complained about some discrepancies in ipps that might suit their payment platform, because ipps platform is just like a Excel data sheet format in which EVERY ALLOWANCE paid to every workers is present there but it was seen that some organization allowance peculiarities were not included in the platform..Now I believe that fg Should have confirmed ,amend, add and correct the necessary abnormalities in the platform but they failed to do necessary adjustment SIMPLY because the software was built by word bank with billions of naira and for them to adjust anything on the platform, they need to contact world bank and pay another huge billions for the correction, the reason is that the BACKEND OR IPPIS DATA BASE IS NOT IN NIGERIA (lol).. very pathetic

thirdly.. from my careful investigation..I came to understand that lecturers salaries were consolidated.. ie their salary comprises of basic salary and peculiar allowance.. now this is where there is confusion, lecturers re claiming that TAX should be deducted from there basic salary but ippis is deducting tax on both there basic and allowance.

Also lecturers claim that there promotion is not stationary..ie lecturers promotion are not base on hw many yrs u re in the institution but it depends solemly on the more certificate u aquire ( msc ,PhD, ) and also quality journal published..now after you ve gotten the necessary documents and qualifications due for promotion, you will be appraised by you Dept, faculty n finally school Senate before u will be promoted.this can happen at any month of the year, but ippis mode of promotion is stationary, Ie, promotion is sessional , maybe two times or once every yr, if u miss that particular month or period, you wait till next year..

Another stuff I also discovered is that ippis office is only situated at Abuja, any complaint by lecturer from unilag base on mistake or error in payment will require you to travel from Lagos to Abuja, lodge in a hotel for days until you're attended to Compared to there formal method of operandi in which lecturers can simply go there burser for any complaint and it will be attended to at no expense to the lecturers...

Now on ASUU part,
this consistent strike should stop...you people should find another way of getting fg attention and not only strike because we the students re seriously SUFFERING and are always at the loosing end in this fight..
pls and pls consider the plight of our youth In this country wasting away cos of the brutal and yeye fight btw yourselves and fg
thanks

Mr Chibueze90, you are on this thread again with your solidarity analysis. Are you one of them or you are being sponsored? They should do what government directs them and get paid. Obey first, then complain! If they know any agency that is not included in IPPIS by federal government, they should go and join them and stop telling government on what to do. The condition is there for you to get paid, register with IPPIS and gets paid is the directive.

Being owe is their choices and not what government wants. How many months has government been telling them to obey this directive? My man, tell your people at your meetings that federal government will not relent in her guest to sanitize this area, they should comply or go back to streets to hussle.

If ASSU has no skeleton in her curbbord, let her comply. Some of them teach in more than four universities just because of money at zero or minimal efficiency without being effective in any, but they will still come back to blame government for everything.

Some schools have accounts they were hiding for government before IPPIS started just to perpetrate fraud. Federal government(via accountant general of federation) stipulated how much VC, departmental Hods etc can approve or spend for minor projects, but they will never comply. Some of them will award first class to professor's sons and daughters in collaborative manners in other to retain them as lecturers. Too much corruption in the system, transparency is needed, government is doing the right thing. If ASUU member is not ready to comply, let him or her go and join political party to become next senator so he can receive 1 billion a month as they usually say

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Should Not Study Law In Nigeria / KBKFoundation To Give N500,000 To Ikekpeazu Chidinma UNN Best Graduating Student / Several Nigerians Graduate From University Of The West Of Scotland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.