Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,401 members, 7,843,173 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1385035 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dammiecouture: 1:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
MadameU: My dear people of phoenix coth past present and future does anyone know how much it costs to get a sim card plus where is the most adviceable place to get one? Any idea how much a contract wit BB service would cost as well

Thanks
Tmobile is $80 monthly plan, Hotspot for Wifi, Unlimited call within USA bbm, but there's anoda $60 nd $50 plan.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dammiecouture: 1:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ayosmum:

Hello Dammie, how is the place? The reviews online is scary. Please help out.
. The place is ok o nd there's one other NL mama staying here too, her name is motun. Just dat u it's not fully furnished as u av to get somethings Like kitchen utensils, TV, bedspread nd all nd u need someone with SSN to sign for u.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aykanbi: 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2014
NicoleObi: Hello Moms.....

Team MIHS moms......plss who wud be going in November? Lets team up..and fight boredom...... wink I'm so confused about accommodation plans.....im veryyyyy scattered.....pls I need advise on accommodations options.......

Thanks in advanceeee............
Will be there on the 3rd. Yet to get accomodation tho. When are you comind
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dammiecouture: 1:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
aykanbi:
Am here till Dec.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 1:48pm On Sep 26, 2014
@phmom: I don't even know which state to go yet im still yet to decide maybe Texas or Atlanta. I have send hundred of emails. And getting reply also. I hope i dont end up in Doctor res parati because is the only one I understand more better. And got a fixed price i don't want any doctor to change story later. Which state have you decided ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
@ phmom: making call also na problem it burn all my credit and I did not get any tangible information they keep transfering my calls. Email contact is the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 1:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
@seemorejoy,

The number is her office.You may want to speak with carnie to fast track any info you require though
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 26, 2014
Team MIHS moms......plss who wud be going in November? Lets team up..and fight boredom...... wink I'm so confused about accommodation plans.....im veryyyyy scattered.....pls I need advise on accommodations options.......

Will be going in November and already booked Crossland.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ayosmum: 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2014

Heading there too, sent you a PM
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ezemistic: 3:42pm On Sep 26, 2014
Hello beautiful & handsome NL,
Pls can anyone help me with a rough estimate for FOOD for 3-persons for about 3months stay in Texas, USA. I m trying to draw a budget before going for Visa interview.
thanks....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by phmom: 4:22pm On Sep 26, 2014
@ seemorejoy, i'm considering Atlanta, accommodation around Gwinnett is not so bad, I saw about 33$ per night, I haven't made up my mind fully though, if I see a cheaper place of cause I will change course. when do you intend to travel
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 4:35pm On Sep 26, 2014
@Phmom i will also consider Atlanta with you I want you to do research and get back to me I will appreciate any research you do also. I have make calls, burn credit. And I have not get to anywhere.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 4:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
@Phmom have you contact Gwinnett medical?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2014
@Phmom i intend to travel around April
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by limz(f): 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2014

Mihs mums am heading there to in nov been trying to reconfirm my app but it keeps going to voice mail.. @NicoleObi will send you a PM
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 5:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
Bloggerina, I just got the costs breakdown from Dr Hyungh and there is cost of $165 for initial visit. Did you pay this?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mestar: 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
Yaaay.... Newbiee here who has read from page 1 - 159. The good work is commendable. I am mihs bound and will be arriving in dec(first week to be precise). Looking to get a one bedroom suite ( not studio) because I am travelling with my mom and son. Sorted everything (I think), but for accomodation. Could do with any info from anyone who is undecided yet as per accomodation or any recommendation from previous / present mihs mommas. Thancheew
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Oghobahase: 6:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ezemistic: Hello beautiful & handsome NL,
Pls can anyone help me with a rough estimate for FOOD for 3-persons for about 3months stay in Texas, USA. I m trying to draw a budget before going for Visa interview.
thanks....
African food is more expensive here.So it all depends on your preference and the area you will be staying.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mestar: 8:10pm On Sep 26, 2014

Heading there first week of Dec. with regards acc options, are you looking to get a studio or one bedroom?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by wumicipm(f): 8:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
hi dear,
I will be leaving for MHIS next week hopefully and i'll be there till Dec.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mestar: 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ayosmum:

Heading there too, sent you a PM

Hi Ayosmum, just got your mail but it was almost blank. Or maybe it's me grin. Would like to keep in touch.

P.S I don't know how to send a PM. Still trying to understand how to use NL. ( no laff abeg).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by naijamumcarephx(f): 9:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
Mestar:

Heading there first week of Dec. with regards acc options, are you looking to get a studio or one bedroom?

Looking forward to welcoming the Team MIH moms coming to Phoenix in Oct, Nov and Dec.
Hopefully the relieve from heat will get here soon.
November and December weather is definitely something to look forward to.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 10:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
Hello Raii,

I've never heard of that o. I didn't pay anything like that. All I paid Dr Huynh was $2k for my remaining antenatal care, delivery & 6-week postnatal check up.
Did you tell them you were calling from naija? Maybe they thought you were a US resident. Please call them back to clarify. I doubt that you are meant to pay for initial visit.

Cheers
raii: Bloggerina, I just got the costs breakdown from Dr Hyungh and there is cost of $165 for initial visit. Did you pay this?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by NicoleObi: 10:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
aykanbi:

My dear....should be there 0n the 2nd of Dec.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 10:44pm On Sep 26, 2014
bloggerina: Hello Raii,

I've never heard of that o. I didn't pay anything like that. All I paid Dr Huynh was $2k for my remaining antenatal care, delivery & 6-week postnatal check up.
Did you tell them you were calling from naija? Maybe they thought you were a US resident. Please call them back to clarify. I doubt that you are meant to pay for initial visit.

Cheers
Thanks. I would send them an email asap.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Santa2: 11:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
Phema:

Lol. Come join us in Phx!

@ phema..I noticed that you seem to have a lot of information on birthing in different cities before the wipeout. I started on this thread after the tsunami, so I am wondering if you have hospital information on new York/New jersey that got lost in the wipe out. I have gone through this thread twice just to be sure I didn't miss anything. I have some information on new York/New jersey(listing them below). If you have anything aside these...abeg help person out because eye dey red oo:

Wyckoff Height medical center
vaginal -6,5000
CS - 10,000

HackensackUMC mountainside
fares Diarbakerli, M.D FACOG

vaginal - $6,550
CS - $8,950

Morristown medical center

vaginal 5200 ( just hospital fees)

If any other person has info on New York/New Jersey.. I would appreciate them. I take God beg una
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 4:37am On Sep 27, 2014
[quote author=Santa2]

@ phema..I noticed that you seem to have a lot of information on birthing in different cities before the wipeout. I started on this thread after the tsunami, so I am wondering if you have hospital information on new York/New jersey that got lost in the wipe out. I have gone through this thread twice just to be sure I didn't miss anything. I have some information on new York/New jersey(listing them below). If you have anything aside these...abeg help person out because eye dey red oo:

Wyckoff Height medical center
vaginal -6,5000
CS - 10,000

HackensackUMC mountainside
fares Diarbakerli, M.D FACOG

vaginal - $6,550
CS - $8,950

Morristown medical center

vaginal 5200 ( just hospital fees)

If any other person has info on New York/New Jersey.. I would appreciate them. I take God beg una

A friend of mine gave birth in some merhodist hosp in NY. For a Lil less than d above.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 8:01am On Sep 27, 2014
My people o I just saw a flight to phoenix for 1035dollars. E be like film trick! But guyss the time to buy is NOW
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by prettymum(f): 8:02am On Sep 27, 2014
Hello People,

I am planning to travel to the US sometime this year. I will be about 33wks then.
I have my visa( which was given to myself and my family)but in the process of interview we were asked if we have a plan of giving birth in the state but we said no.

here are my concerns:

What If they ask me at the immigration why am in the US.
What is the best response.
Do I go with my 18 month old child to avoid any suspicion
Do I make some hospital payment before I go or I hold some cash?

I kindly await your response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 8:08am On Sep 27, 2014
NicoleObi:

My dear....should be there 0n the 2nd of Dec.....

Hi Nicole, let's hook up o should be in Phoenix by 7th.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 10:44am On Sep 27, 2014
Hi @prettymum, were you already pregnant at the time you went for the interview? I think you need to inform the American embassy (maybe send them an e-mail?) informing them of your plan to go and give birth in the US to avoid any POE wahala.

Gurus in the house, what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:49am On Sep 27, 2014
MadameU: My people o I just saw a flight to phoenix for 1035dollars. E be like film trick! But guyss the time to buy is NOW

Babe, abeg spill! Which airline be that? For what itinerary?

You've got a PM. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (402)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.