Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,783 members, 7,844,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1385236 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 9:21pm On Sep 25, 2014
Tvegas: Did francesca tell you that Tvegas,Lizcom,Merrymom and other border officers spent the whole day in phoenix trying to get amnesty for you guys?.Ordinary thanks you cant even say, you con they make mouth Kontunu!!!.Congrats, make you take this shaky body, its time to start teaching little phema Sekem steps cheesy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1X-CoKYRFE

Uncle Tvegas, abeg I go still send you to Francesca o. Make she mercy for us wey name don dey deir system before the review.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 9:21pm On Sep 25, 2014
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MerryMom: 9:25pm On Sep 25, 2014
@Shelly23, if you are not a citizen of the US (blue pali or green card holder), please don't touch anything Medicaid, Insurance Coverage, Govt Aid e.t.c

They will expect you to clear up all your bills instantly without using tax payers money in between. That way, you don't jeopardize your visa renewal in future.

Cool! kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 9:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hi @JustDiapers, let me try and explain:

1. please can you find out from your doctors how much circumcision is?
I had planned to use Dr. Soyoola - he charges $250 for circumcision. I may not use him any more though I'm not sure, I am exploring the Gwinnett OBGYN option which is much cheaper at $1800 (Dr. Soyoola said $2,475 after I negotiated)

2. please can you find out from gwinnett OBGYN group how much circumcision is ?
Unfortunately I just checked my notebook and noticed I didn't write the cost. I just tried calling them now but the office is closed, I will try again tomorrow but if I'm correct, I think she mentioned $150 or $180

3. Have you added epidural to this bill as well?
No, the bill stated does not cover epidural. In one of my earlier posts, I mentioned that my friend who gave birth at Gwinnett paid $500 for Epidural, a separate cost, but warned that it will cost $1,200 if you don't pre-book and only decide to use it when you are already in labour. I personally do not plan to use epidural.

4. Also,i like your faith calculating with $2,400
grin grin well faith is a good thing and all things being equal I will pay no more than that (note that this is for hospital bill only). But indeed I will take your advice and budget the upper limit i.e. $3,600 just to be on the safe side grin

5. Also are you aware that gwinnett OBGYN sends midwifes for deliveries and the doctor on call only comes if u have a tear and they need to sow?This can go both ways..delivery without the need for a doctor or delivery that leads to a 4th degree tear because of the absence of a doctor.....
Chei, I was not aware of this to be honest. I will confirm this when I call them tomorrow. But that doesn't really worry me so much, as long as I can be assured that the midwife is very experienced. My sister in the UK was telling me that was exactly the case when she gave birth there - the OBGYN is never present, just the midwife, unless there is a complication. I have also been reading Supernatural childbirth by Jackie Mize and got a lot of encouragement from that book, it is well grin grin

[quote author=JustDiapers][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 25, 2014
^^^^So how you use all your power take beat price down? you fight? grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeamclicksAir: 9:50pm On Sep 25, 2014
Phema:

Serious? Eerrrmm. . . Can we be friends? grin
cheesy cheesy grin grin grin you too like better thing....YES
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 10:09pm On Sep 25, 2014
@Phema: Don't worry. We one family and Tvegas suppose to address world conference that for the sake of our family integration the borders will always remain open.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by JustDiapers: 10:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
GenoMI: Hi @JustDiapers, let me try and explain:

1. please can you find out from your doctors how much circumcision is?
I had planned to use Dr. Soyoola - he charges $250 for circumcision. I may not use him any more though I'm not sure, I am exploring the Gwinnett OBGYN option which is much cheaper at $1800 (Dr. Soyoola said $2,475 after I negotiated)

2. please can you find out from gwinnett OBGYN group how much circumcision is ?
Unfortunately I just checked my notebook and noticed I didn't write the cost. I just tried calling them now but the office is closed, I will try again tomorrow but if I'm correct, I think she mentioned $150 or $180

3. Have you added epidural to this bill as well?
No, the bill stated does not cover epidural. In one of my earlier posts, I mentioned that my friend who gave birth at Gwinnett paid $500 for Epidural, a separate cost, but warned that it will cost $1,200 if you don't pre-book and only decide to use it when you are already in labour. I personally do not plan to use epidural.

4. Also,i like your faith calculating with $2,400
grin grin well faith is a good thing and all things being equal I will pay no more than that (note that this is for hospital bill only). But indeed I will take your advice and budget the upper limit i.e. $3,600 just to be on the safe side grin

5. Also are you aware that gwinnett OBGYN sends midwifes for deliveries and the doctor on call only comes if u have a tear and they need to sow?This can go both ways..delivery without the need for a doctor or delivery that leads to a 4th degree tear because of the absence of a doctor.....
Chei, I was not aware of this to be honest. I will confirm this when I call them tomorrow. But that doesn't really worry me so much, as long as I can be assured that the midwife is very experienced. My sister in the UK was telling me that was exactly the case when she gave birth there - the OBGYN is never present, just the midwife, unless there is a complication. I have also been reading Supernatural childbirth by Jackie Mize and got a lot of encouragement from that book, it is well grin grin

Hi Genomi,
I was talking about the epidural medication not the anesthesiologist fee. For people planning to use the epidural,it may not be a $3,600 max.You can confirm this information from the hospital or the anesthesiologist's office. the $500 is a fee for the anesthesiologist alone.It doesn't cover the medication.
I don't want to tamper with your faith but are you aware that if you pay the $500 and you don't use the epidural,you get refunded the full amount? Labour pain no be here ooh...
To also cut costs,one can skip circumcision and come and do it in lagos. No be all of them too sabi anyway.Some people have had to come back to re-do their circumcision in Naija
Did your sister have her baby in the UK or US?if it's UK,it was free naa. If one is paying all these thousands of dollars, the least one should expect is an OBGYN for the delivery proper.
Please when you call the doctor's office,also ask them if one sees Doctors during antenatal or only midwives?Thanks for all the information
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 10:34pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hi @JustDiapersMy friend did not differentiate between the medication and anesthesiologist o, she simply said she paid $500 for her epidural so I don't believe the fees are separate but I will ask her again. @mimibe please can you also clarify this for us?

Regarding the $3,600, like I said it is the [b]hospital bill only that is in the range of $2,400 to $3,600 after the 40% discount [/b]is applied if you pay within the first 30days. So this certainly does not include the epidural fees at all.

grin grin ah ahn but midwife too na work na, so they will also get paid but don't worry, I will clarify all these questions when I call them tomorrow and give you feedback. Thanks for bringing up these key points o, because one does need to consider them smiley

JustDiapers:

Hi Genomi,
I was talking about the epidural medication not the anesthesiologist fee. For people planning to use the epidural,it may not be a $3,600 max.You can confirm this information from the hospital or the anesthesiologist's office. the $500 is a fee for the anesthesiologist alone.It doesn't cover the medication.
I don't want to tamper with your faith but are you aware that if you pay the $500 and you don't use the epidural,you get refunded the full amount? Labour pain no be here ooh...
To also cut costs,one can skip circumcision and come and do it in lagos. No be all of them too sabi anyway.Some people have had to come back to re-do their circumcision in Naija
Did your sister have her baby in the UK or US?if it's UK,it was free naa. If one is paying all these thousands of dollars, the least one should expect is an OBGYN for the delivery proper.
Please when you call the doctor's office,also ask them if one sees Doctors during antenatal or only midwives?Thanks for all the information
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by limz(f): 11:41pm On Sep 25, 2014
@sessibasi please I wanted to find out if your son'scircumcision was done properly in phoniex?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 11:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
My dear people of phoenix coth past present and future does anyone know how much it costs to get a sim card plus where is the most adviceable place to get one? Any idea how much a contract wit BB service would cost as well

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shelly23: 2:12am On Sep 26, 2014
I normally use Tmobile when I'm in the US. I've had the SIM for about The prepaid plan I get is $60 per month and it gives 5G data I think which usually covers my bb. Also if there's wifi where you're staying, that will also work for your BlackBerry and you might not need up to 5G data.
I say do a Google search to see if there are other local carriers in the Phoenix area besides Tmobile.

MadameU: My dear people of phoenix coth past present and future does anyone know how much it costs to get a sim card plus where is the most adviceable place to get one? Any idea how much a contract wit BB service would cost as well

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 2:27am On Sep 26, 2014
twizzie: LMAO!! All these Lits and debate shildren!! We are convinced o that there are other options..this is no badt at all..
Meanwhile, Me I am an optimist.. I am holding on to the ray of what someone said that the old price still stands for those with appointment till December.. I might still go there sha based on their review of VBAC as well.. Hopefully, them go reward those who kept to their appointment..
Phema, don't mind the El paso clans o, all these threats you people are sharing, there is God o!! If not, na NJ i go stay jeje!!
Bro oawale, how is the fam? Kindly help us embark on a charitable journey to MIHS to confirm if the old price stays the same for those with appt..
Taink u (in mama pepe's voice)I promise, I will bring garri Ijebu for u when I am coming grin smiley

Sorry oh.....! I am no longer in Arizona
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Varvara: 4:06am On Sep 26, 2014
MadameU: My dear people of phoenix coth past present and future does anyone know how much it costs to get a sim card plus where is the most adviceable place to get one? Any idea how much a contract wit BB service would cost as well

Thanks

take Ultra me. You can check all plans on their web site. My friend uses 19 usd in month with 4G, I bought 29 usd in months with 4 G. 10 usd will you cost for activation. More over, you will have 1000 minutes international calls, check on web site what countries
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nita2013: 4:30am On Sep 26, 2014
Hi MadameU,
It's 2 options
1. Ultra me- it's not compatible with blackberry fones but compatible with androids. So if u av only BlackBerry fone then do not use it except u r using bbm on android. It has different plans and comes with free one thousand minutes to naija land lines but free 83 minutes to naija mobile fones. U kno we don't av landlines in naija. Their website is ultramobile.com

2. Simple mobile-compatible with all BlackBerry nd android phones. No free minutes though but has plans btw 25usd-60usd. If u r using this I wud advice u go for d 40usd plan. Check d website simplemobile.com.

U can buy 10usd call card to call naija and u ll av 150minutes to naij mobile.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Dammiecouture: 5:14am On Sep 26, 2014
Freshface: Dammiecouture pls can I get more information on that Ocotillo Village apartment u mentioned? Called them too, they said I need a SSN to book!
yes it's true u need someone with SSN to book for u. My uncle signed for me but i'll ask ask dem @ their office in d morning if u can book thru me since am a staying there nd they av my uncles SSN.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ayosmum: 8:03am On Sep 26, 2014
Dammiecouture: yes it's true u need someone with SSN to book for u. My uncle signed for me but i'll ask ask dem @ their office in d morning if u can book thru me since am a staying there nd they av my uncles SSN.

Hello Dammie, how is the place? The reviews online is scary. Please help out.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 8:13am On Sep 26, 2014
MadameU: My dear people of phoenix both past present and future does anyone know how much it costs to get a sim card plus where is the most adviceable place to get one? Any idea how much a contract wit BB service would cost as well .Thanks
My view is Visit the nearest mall in phoenix and locate either Radioshack, BestBuy or Frys electronic stores and explain to the attendant that you are visiting for 2 months and he should recommend the best data plan for you. Tmobile store is good but the retailers have varieties of products especially radioshack. Before attempting international calls I will advice you to download the Rebtel app to your phone so that you can call Nigeria at the cheapest rate. Dont burn all your money while topping up Tmobile or verizon ,I knew someone that was calling Nija with $50 dollar per day, The guy no ask question until the 10th day and $500 down the drain. grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by JustDiapers: 8:16am On Sep 26, 2014
GenoMI: Hi @JustDiapersMy friend did not differentiate between the medication and anesthesiologist o, she simply said she paid $500 for her epidural so I don't believe the fees are separate but I will ask her again. @mimibe please can you also clarify this for us?

Regarding the $3,600, like I said it is the [b]hospital bill only that is in the range of $2,400 to $3,600 after the 40% discount [/b]is applied if you pay within the first 30days. So this certainly does not include the epidural fees at all.

grin grin ah ahn but midwife too na work na, so they will also get paid but don't worry, I will clarify all these questions when I call them tomorrow and give you feedback. Thanks for bringing up these key points o, because one does need to consider them smiley

Hi Genomi,
I tried to send you an email message here.did you get it? Please understand my message clearly.Like i said,the hospital fees includes the epidural MEDICATION.please try to confirm what i have said from anyone that used epidural and has a breakdown of their bill from Gwinnett, the hospital itself or the anesthesiologists office.
The $500 prepaid or $1,200 on the day of labour is the anesthesiologist's fee.it does NOT include the medication.Using epidural makes the HOSPITAL fees higher than someone that didn't use asides the $500/$1,200. Gwinnett is a good and affordable hospital but their bills aren't straightforward so we should all be aware and prepare accordingly..

In other news,has anyone looked into Emory East side medical center?It's in the same Gwinnett county in ATL and their hospital bill is a fixed $3,600 so there are no surprises.
Please anyone with personal experience or friend/family should share......and the doctors office/fees used as well
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 8:17am On Sep 26, 2014
Pls can anyone help me. I sent email to Obgynh@yahoo.com and I have not gotten any reply for the past 3 days.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 8:30am On Sep 26, 2014
@seemorejoy,

They usualy respond on tuesdays and friday as that is their off clinic days
They however close early on friday by 12:00pm(US local time) so you migth want to call them to follow up on +1 281.497.1177
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 8:39am On Sep 26, 2014
PrinceAdeAde: pls if I call who should I ask for.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 8:46am On Sep 26, 2014
Hi @JustDiapers, yes I got your email message yesterday and I replied but I am yet to receive a response from you, maybe you can check your junk folder? I have even sent you another one this morning.

Now I clearly understand what you are saying about the epidural, you are saying the $500 (or $1200) is the anesthesiologists fee and does not include the actual medication that is administered right? And there is a risk of that being a hidden cost. Ok again I will have to clarify this when I call, but let's also hope mamas in the house who have used Gwinnett can shed more light. smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 9:07am On Sep 26, 2014
aykanbi:

Yep and dr jeanie will advise on the cheapest to use? Those are contacts for peds in whmc

Hi Pls does Dr Jeanie use Methodist Sugarland?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by phmom: 9:53am On Sep 26, 2014
seemorejoy: Any 2015 May mummy in the house.
I am an end of april mom, at least its close. what are your plans, what state are you considering
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aykanbi: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2014
Airpure:

Dont think so. She uses west houston medical centre
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aykanbi: 10:15am On Sep 26, 2014
Airpure:

Dont thinks so. She uses west houston medical centre
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 26, 2014
GenoMI: Hi @JustDiapers, yes I got your email message yesterday and I replied but I am yet to receive a response from you, maybe you can check your junk folder? I have even sent you another one this morning.

Now I clearly understand what you are saying about the epidural, you are saying the $500 (or $1200) is the anesthesiologists fee and does not include the actual medication that is administered right? And there is a risk of that being a hidden cost. Ok again I will have to clarify this when I call, but let's also hope mamas in the house who have used Gwinnett can shed more light. smiley

$500/$1200 is for the epidural medication, anesthesia is an entirely different bill from the hospital, cos the hospital has to put a call thru to the anesthesia guys for them to come over to administer it to you, so I was told by the nurse that took care of me. However I didn't take any of these, I did all natural!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pamperme: 11:01am On Sep 26, 2014
Don't even know where to go now. Will do my spreadsheet all over again. Hope I don't end up in Texas now.

But this MIHS increase is too much o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 11:36am On Sep 26, 2014
@phmom: I don't even know which state to go yet im still yet to decide maybe Texas or Atlanta. I have send hundred of emails. And getting reply also. I hope i dont end up in Doctor res parati because is the only one I understand more better. And got a fixed price i don't want any doctor to change story later. Which state have you decided ?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by seemorejoy: 11:39am On Sep 26, 2014
@ phmom: making call also na problem it burn all my credit and I did not get any tangible information they keep transfering my calls. Email contact is the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by NicoleObi: 12:26pm On Sep 26, 2014
Hello Moms.....

Team MIHS moms......plss who wud be going in November? Lets team up..and fight boredom...... wink I'm so confused about accommodation plans.....im veryyyyy scattered.....pls I need advise on accommodations options.......

Thanks in advanceeee............

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (402)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.