Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,200 members, 7,811,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1379586 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 1:08pm On Oct 28, 2014
@Raii Officially its 3months wait b4 reapplication. Some others do re-apply immediately. Ur faith can carry u, gv it a try. Did ur bank statement end in this month or earlier month? These things no get formular. God's grace answereth it all. Re-launch I advice. My 10kobo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Meeracle: 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2014
@uju I sent u a mail
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
raii:

Ah ah you too. M applying alone this time too. Should I use mihs letter sef cos I have that and whmc. Pls how soon did you reapply. Im seeing 3days and some saying 3months after.

My dear pls dont go anywhere near tat mihs letter. I guess it contributed to my first denial. I used whmc d second tym n tats wot am presenting again. Its all God anyway. Just reapply ASAP so u can get a close date.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ayosmum: 1:40pm On Oct 28, 2014
twizzie:
HeLlo. House!
To God be the glory, two new American/Nigerian babies don join the MIHS clan! We thank God for Dinawe and wunmi!
Update will roll in asap!

More testimonies coming in in Jesus name!

Congrats Wunmi and Dinawe, God will keep you all.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 28, 2014
Nochid:

@Phema: please check your inbox.

Got it and you've got a reply. Thanks a lot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2014
Congrats to the new mums and babies.

Sorry about the denial raii but I believe you can still reapply. Please post the details of the interview in full so that we all can put heads together on it. Most of all pray for GOD'S favour. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 28, 2014
Hi everyone!

Please I need advice on behalf of a friend. She has booked her appointment for Nov 17. But on second thoughts it's too far as she is 28 weeks gone already. Please how will she change it? I got my visa in August last year and I think there was provision to change date via your profile or by placing a call through to the embassy. Am I right? If I am please someone should kindly clarify. It's kinda urgent.

Please Phema, Tvegas and other gurus in the house. Help me to help a friend.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 2:04pm On Oct 28, 2014
Hello Mrs DGN ,

I remember someone earlier saying something about refreshing the appointment page often as some dates can become free unexpectedly. She could try that. Someone here did it and was able to change her date successfully, went to get her visa, travelled and has put to bed already. This happened between end June to early September.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
MrsDGN:
Hi everyone!

Please I need advice on behalf of a friend. She has booked her appointment for Nov 17. But on second thoughts it's too far as she is 28 weeks gone already. Please how will she change it? I got my visa in August last year and I think there was provision to change date via your profile or by placing a call through to the embassy. Am I right? If I am please someone should kindly clarify. It's kinda urgent.

Please Phema, Tvegas and other gurus in the house. Help me to help a friend.
Thank you.

Yes. She can reschedule her interview through her page on the CEAC website. I doubt she will get a closer date than that Nov 17th though. She will prolly get farther dates.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 3:36pm On Oct 28, 2014
kykes:
Petme, it is well. You prevailed at the end.....thats all that matters. God favoured you and will compensate u.
Generally, I don't think there's any cause to fear sha. Lots of ppl hv also had great POE experiences at the same houston. Fear can make us make some irrational decisions that will cost us more eventually. Please be at peace and God will give us wisdom and guide us appropriately. I'm flying BA to houston and I'm at peace.
The favour of God makes all the difference.SHALOM!

I am holding on to this word..thanks kykes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shagaman: 4:00pm On Oct 28, 2014
@Raii sorry for the refusal dont lose hope,try once more..it is well

I requested for the letter to update my wifes reason of travel to incluse she wants to give birth in the US and got all details i need.

Also got the below and feel someone here might need it.

Although there are no specific regulations prohibiting pregnant foreign nationals from entering the U.S., entry is allowed or denied at the discretion of the admitting U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer. If the CBP Officer determines that you are likely to become a ward of the government (meaning that the government must provide medical care because you do not have medical coverage), you can be denied entry. When determining if you will be allowed to enter the U.S., CBP Officers take into consideration the date your child is due for delivery and the length of time you intend to stay in the U.S. In addition, they want evidence that you have sufficient medical insurance to cover any medical necessities while you are in the U.S. and that you intend to return home. If it is determined that you do not have sufficient medical insurance to cover any unexpected or expected medical care while in the U.S., you can be denied entry. Additionally, if you are pregnant and entering the U.S. at a border port of entry via vehicle, be aware the radiation detection portals deployed at the ports do not emit any radiation, and do not present a hazard to you and your unborn child.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 28, 2014
Thanks for the response Phema and Mamacajah. From what I can see it appears she has to cancel the existing appointment before she can begin to search for a new date. Is that not baba nla one chance? What if she doesn't get a closer date? That sounds penny wise pound foolish to me. Or can she hold on to the current date while searching for a closer date? angry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 5:44pm On Oct 28, 2014
Hello Meeracle, I sent you a pm o, kindly respond pls. I need some info abeg (accomodation near whmc). Thank you

Meeracle:
@uju I sent u a mail
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bloggerina: 5:54pm On Oct 28, 2014
Raii mama, sorry o. I also think you should re-apply asap so you'll get a date that is not too far off. Don't give up on the matter. I believe your next interview will be a favourable one and you will come back here to share the good news with us. Stay strong dear! It will end it praise!!!

If you are still feeling bad oya buy one bottle of groundnut and cheer up jare!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by pattyreal(f): 6:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
@Raii it's well dear. Pls dn't tink of dat MIHS letter oooo. E no get weight @ all. Luk 4 a gud email correspondence & pray 4 a bettr VO. Also wen bookn appointment i'll prefer u choose d 1st appointment which is 7:30am. U'll b fine dear

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 28, 2014
MrsDGN:
Thanks for the response Phema and Mamacajah. From what I can see it appears she has to cancel the existing appointment before she can begin to search for a new date. Is that not baba nla one chance? What if she doesn't get a closer date? That sounds penny wise pound foolish to me. Or can she hold on to the current date while searching for a closer date? angry

That's true. In my case, I couldn't view available dates till I canceled the previously scheduled one. I really don't know if there is any other way around it.

If you ask me though, I will say, let her stick with her date. She will be about 31weeks gone and has ample time to travel.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 6:34pm On Oct 28, 2014
Congrats Dinawe and Wumi. Glory be to God. Dinawe, Lizzy put to birth on Saturday
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2014
bloggerina:
Raii mama, sorry o. I also think you should re-apply asap so you'll get a date that is not too far off. Don't give up on the matter. I believe your next interview will be a favourable one and you will come back here to share the good news with us. Stay strong dear! It will end it praise!!!

If you are still feeling bad oya buy one bottle of groundnut and cheer up jare!

As if you know say na groundnut I first chop. Thanks for your description of the parking lot. It made sense. I went to the interview page but its still showing all dem cancel/reschedule appointment. Id wait for it to clear and book one asap.

@pattyreal thank you so much. If dem get 530am appt sef dats wat id do. The earlier the better for me next time.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Soso15: 9:45pm On Oct 28, 2014
raii:

As if you know say na groundnut I first chop. Thanks for your description of the parking lot. It made sense. I went to the interview page but its still showing all dem cancel/reschedule appointment. Id wait for it to clear and book one asap.

@pattyreal thank you so much. If dem get 530am appt sef dats wat id do. The earlier the better for me next time.

Hello raii... I'm so sorry about the refusal. I think you should re apply alone and maybe you should choose Abuja. I know a couple of people that were denied in lagos and were later(almost immediately) granted visas in Abuja.
I'm definitely not sure any magic happens in Abuja, but I know a few people have joked about the consulars always granting visas as they are sure Abuja is a rich man's town and they don't know who your father is(I bet it's a silly joke).
The truth is the crowd in the lagos consulate is usually more and that can be overwhelming to consularS.
From what I know about the American embassy, presentation of documents are secondary. The consulars would only ask to see your documents if there's a chance you've managed to convince them of your return. They make their decisions based on your strong ties to your home country( family, a very good paying job/business, shares, properties etc). Your interviewer was probably not convinced you won't stay back as some of your ties to your country were applying with you and would be making that trip with you. So please re apply alone, so they know you will sha come back home to your husband, mom, job and anyother ties you must have declared.
I think you Should reapply ASAP, pray to God for favour, get a letter from your doctor, hotel reservation and just be confident and stay positive. Should you decide to stay in Lagos, everything will still work out for your good according to God's will.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jaysmom: 10:15pm On Oct 28, 2014
Heart2heart:
@Raii Officially its 3months wait b4 reapplication. Some others do re-apply immediately. Ur faith can carry u, gv it a try. Did ur bank statement end in this month or earlier month? These things no get formular. God's grace answereth it all. Re-launch I advice. My 10kobo.

@Raii sorry about your refusal. I disagree with the above quote as my mum was denied in Lagos in May. We got home angry especially because all she was asked was who she'll be staying with of which she answered 'with her daughter in an extended stay apartment '. She wasn't asked for my documents or any other thing, she was just given the blue form. As we vex reach house, I got a glass of juice and got on my iPad to reapply THAT SAME EVENING. I got a date for June and this time around, I chose Abuja and she was granted. I don't know about the 3 months wait because I've always known you can reapply anytime.

For mommas flying Delta, please bear in mind that you have to pay to upgrade to 'economy comfort' to be able to use a bassinet, I don't know if one can be upgraded by request. Secondly, only two people can use bassinets and that's because you can only use it if you're on either side of cabin as there is no bassinet attachment for the middle row. Choose your seat as soon as your ticket is confirmed and be at the airport early enough.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by thababe: 11:49pm On Oct 28, 2014
Hello just decided to pop in and see how you all are doing?.. glad this thread is still going strong..sad to see that there r still a little fights here n there but it's all good.
@ nikkygal @ fabuloumum@uchetobi and all the other lovely mums trust ur all good . I'm sure must of us have become maternity consultants cus no matter what some people will never find stuff out for themselves either cus of time or just not knowing how..lol!
@justwise glad to see ur still keeping the thread I'm order.
Ok signing out.. safe trip and safe delivery to those yet to embark on their journeys and congrats to all the new mums n dad. Remember to put God first and don't listen to conflicting advice..this thread has almost all the advice u need.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:50am On Oct 29, 2014
Stress free POEs
- Washington DC
- Newyork
- Boston
- Salt Lake City
- Detroit
- Los Angeles
- Atlanta
- Dallas

POEs to avoid
- Houston
- Philadelphia

Nothing is set in stone when it comes to these POEs. Some people have gone through Houston and had a breeze. Others have gone through Newyork and were given a hard time. This is just on an average note, gotten from the experience of people on here.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Meeracle: 5:55am On Oct 29, 2014
@bloggerina I didn't get the pm...thank u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nita2013: 6:00am On Oct 29, 2014
Hi Phema, kudos to u.
But just to point out, I came in tru Chicago and it was stress free. I kno a couple of pple that av come in tru Chicago as well and no bad report so far. On an average I don't think Chicago should be avoided.
#my2centsthough#

Phema:
Stress free POEs
- Washington DC
- Newyork
- Boston
- Salt Lake City
- Detroit
- Los Angeles
- Atlanta
- Dallas

POEs to avoid
- Houston
- Philadelphia
- Chicago

Nothing is set in stone when it comes to these POEs. Some people have gone through Houston and had a breeze. Others have gone through Newyork and were given a hard time. This is just on an average note, gotten from the experience of people on here.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 6:07am On Oct 29, 2014
Nita2013:
Hi Phema, kudos to u.
But just to point out, I came in tru Chicago and it was stress free. I kno a couple of pple that av come in tru Chicago as well and no bad report so far. On an average I don't think Chicago should be avoided.
#my2centsthough#

Thanks Nita2013. Will edit accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 7:50am On Oct 29, 2014
Phema:
Stress free POEs
- Washington DC
- Newyork
- Boston
- Salt Lake City
- Detroit
- Los Angeles
- Atlanta
- Dallas
- Chicago

POEs to avoid
- Houston
- Philadelphia

Nice one Phema. Going through Chicago. At the end of the day, its all about Gods Favour.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 9:43am On Oct 29, 2014
Most people are saying I shouldnt have told d VO dat m preggers n want to born in US. I jst confuse all of a sudden. Was even about to go pay another fee. Id take time to read other people's experience cos all these is smehow.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MadameU: 10:01am On Oct 29, 2014
Raii, dont let people confuse you, please stiiiick to the truth.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Heart2heart(m): 10:04am On Oct 29, 2014
Did u tell them otherwise? The truth gvs u peace of mind either way!
raii:
Most people are saying I shouldnt have told d VO dat m preggers n want to born in US. I jst confuse all of a sudden. Was even about to go pay another fee. Id take time to read other people's experience cos all these is smehow.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 10:06am On Oct 29, 2014
thababe:
Hello just decided to pop in and see how you all are doing?.. glad this thread is still going strong..sad to see that there r still a little fights here n there but it's all good.
@ nikkygal @ fabuloumum@uchetobi and all the other lovely mums trust ur all good . I'm sure must of us have become maternity consultants cus no matter what some people will never find stuff out for themselves either cus of time or just not knowing how..lol!
@justwise glad to see ur still keeping the thread I'm order.
Ok signing out.. safe trip and safe delivery to those yet to embark on their journeys and congrats to all the new mums n dad. Remember to put God first and don't listen to conflicting advice..this thread has almost all the advice u need.

Good to read from you again.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 10:23am On Oct 29, 2014
lizcom25:
Congrats Dinawe and Wumi. Glory be to God. Dinawe, Lizzy put to birth on Saturday

Jeanny also put to bed in El Paso over the weekend! Congrats to my darling Dinawe! Let the babies keep rolling in.

I got into New York quite easily yesterday, although I am no longer pregnant, but I didn't think it would have been much of a big deal even if I still was. Entry was very smooth, am suspecting something as per PoE.
I think the Immigration officers are more lax with flights not coming directly from Nigeria.
I flew turkish and it was like very easy for everybody, they were less paranoid (we were just 5 blacks on the flight, I think only me sef from Nigeria).
As soon as the officer heard I was from Nigeria, he asked if I have visited any other west African country, I said no, gave him a funny look. He said sorry, I needed to ask, you know what's happening now.
I answered, ah yes! You know it got to us before it came to US, we were so paranoid! He smiled, then asked what I came for, I said I was on holiday, he said for how long? I said a long holiday, over a month. He stamped me in for 6 months.
I declared I had attachments, weave ons and plenty food stuff so my bags were scanned and the customs officer cleared me.
It was so easygoing at the JFK airport I was wondering if this was US with all the wahala of POE we kept hearing about! I am sure it's the other notorious airports that keep giving us issues, esp ATL and Houston, but if you can, please try as much as possible to avoid a direct flight from Nigeria. My opinion though.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 10:28am On Oct 29, 2014
Phema:
Stress free POEs
- Washington DC
- Newyork
- Boston
- Salt Lake City
- Detroit
- Los Angeles
- Atlanta
- Dallas
- Chicago

POEs to avoid
- Houston
- Philadelphia

My cousin in chicago I was going to stay with when I was preggers stressed I shouldn't come in through chicago dat they gave a lot of her pregnant friends issues but I should go through new york.
I think chicago is a haven for pregnant women because they have mother baby friendly packages that are very affordable or payment free, so that's why they stress people, thinking you want to come and take advantage of their system. As for NY, u must be a multimillionaire to consider birthing there o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.