Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,114 members, 7,842,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1385001 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 21, 2015
malory84:
I don miss una o. Wow Phema you have really broken record. me I never even born I'm already tired. Pls were are the mamas in Elpaso? though I'm not in any of the extended stay hotels, I am staying with family. please is anyone coming to Elpaso this week or next from Abuja? please I need high blood pressure drug. Its for my MIL. Her drugs finished n she had to change drugs but its not going down well with her system. her blood pressure is so high due to this that I'm getting scared. Biko helep a sister.

Pele dear. I can imagine. Hang in there. It will be over soon.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 21, 2015
kizluv:
Hahaha, football stocking, I didn't see this before my last post, lemme free big shops and face pharmacy...

Lol. It's also called Ted stocking. Just incase they don't know what compression stocking is.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 1:59pm On Jan 21, 2015
ajobi21:

@favouredB..please which doctor are you using in Hackensack. Can you give me an email address. thanks

I have replied your PM. Sorry for the late response
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 2:03pm On Jan 21, 2015
[quote author=kizluv post=29994828]

Please where can I get compression socks in Abuja,

madam, when do u need it or when are u traveling?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by supamom: 2:04pm On Jan 21, 2015
MamaTobenna:
Please where can I buy compression socks in Lagos

Got mine from healthplus. Can also check medplus
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amazing85: 2:24pm On Jan 21, 2015
@FavouredB...Pls send me the Hackensack doctor's contact haweedot@yahoo.com!Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 2:25pm On Jan 21, 2015
Shayo5:

Hi,it states on the letter that you r not legally obligated to inform the embassy,your entry into the US is determined by the way ur answer asked. I did not write to the embassy to inform them of my change of plans cos the visa allows u access medical facilities but u cannot use Medicaid.
But if it makes u comfortable u can get the letter hopefully they won't get tired of people writing them to inform them of the change in their travel plans

Someone even shared the VO's response (can't remember the page) where it was explicitly explained that we are under no obligation to send the letter of change of intent, and the conditions under which you need to send it. The VO specifically stated that people get into problems when they get their visa for vacation and turn up a few months later at POE showing their pregnancy. In that case, they got the visa for vacation and never used it for that purpose only to turn up at POE with birthing purposes. It is viewed as misleading the VO and that is where the problem lies. The fact remains that if you have used your visa over time, for the purpose for which it was granted to you. NO NEED to write the letter. I also hope seriously that we don't abuse it and make them to stop accepting it. I believe if someone was sent back because of the letter then it means she got the visa while she was pregnant and did not declare her intentions. Like it has been mentioned here severally, honesty, boldness, body language and prayers matter a lot. If the lady did not declare her intentions when she got the visa only to appear at he POE with a bump, chances are, that she had guilt written over her. Any simple question from the CBP officers could throw her off balance and we know what that means. Please if your wife has travelled severally with her visa there is no need to write that letter

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by betty1983(f): 2:35pm On Jan 21, 2015
MamaTobenna:
Please where can I buy compression socks in Lagos

try Medplus or Careforte Pharmacy on the Island

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2015
Lemme PM you too please. I need the info
Phema:

$300 excluding shipping cost. I used USPS overnight return priority mail express and was charged $40. PM me for his contact.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 2:47pm On Jan 21, 2015
As someone had noted (cant remember who) this letter of intent may be abused at the rate we are going, but still, it may be a factor at POE.

Well, if it becomes abused then it will no longer be a factor at POE. It will then be no longer acceptable. gringrin.Personally I think moderation is key. Let everyone consider their circumstances thoroughly to know if it is needed or not. Naija peeps like bandwagon things. grin grin....Following the crowd. Most of us have been successful in this mama Americana quest. Let's not cross the bridge and then pull it down for those who are yet to get there. My own one cent. grin

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 2:50pm On Jan 21, 2015
[quote author=anonymousmum post=29981620]Hmm shawbabe you did not say it was overated until you landed US safely ooo grin

As someone had noted (cant remember who) this letter of intent may be abused at the rate we are going, but still, it may be a factor at POE.

Well, if it becomes abused then it will no longer be a factor at POE. It will then be no longer acceptable. . grin Personally I think moderation is key. Let everyone consider their circumstances thoroughly to know if it is needed or not. Naija peeps like bandwagon things.  ....Following the crowd. Most of us have been successful in this mama Americana quest. Let's not cross the bridge and then pull it down for those who are yet to get there. My own one cent. 

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 3:03pm On Jan 21, 2015
[quote author=mabels post=29995339][/quote]

I am traveling next month ,I have just been dragging my feet about everything. I started gathering my stuff last weekend...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 3:07pm On Jan 21, 2015
Amazing85:
@FavouredB...Pls send me the Hackensack doctor's contact haweedot@yahoo.com!Thank you.

@ justwise please can I share this info here? Am getting tired of sending all these individual emails with the same info
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 3:50pm On Jan 21, 2015
kizluv:

I am traveling next month ,I have just been dragging my feet about everything. I started gathering my stuff last weekend...

ok. my friend is buying mine from d states next month, was going to suggest she buys one for u too since we live in Abuja. you can check tonia pharmacy inside tswanya center in area 11 or H-medis in wuse (they ve like 3 branches in Abuja)

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 4:03pm On Jan 21, 2015
Phema:

Any big Pharmacy should have it. Please, don't buy online. Got mine from Dealdey and it looked like men's football stocking. grin
lol @football stockings. Thanks. Will check with the pharmacy.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 4:04pm On Jan 21, 2015
supamom:

Got mine from healthplus. Can also check medplus
. Will do. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 4:06pm On Jan 21, 2015
Hi everyone,

I haven't really seen a lot of write-ups on Dr Ziworitin (Dr Z) of Oak Bend Medical Center Richmond. Is there anyone who has used him? What was your experience like please?

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 4:06pm On Jan 21, 2015
justwise:

No its not overrated but it doesn't apply in all cases.

Do u work for CBP? undecided

@ the rest....like FavouredB said, yall keep writing letter of intent till they throw it out since English is hard for folks to understand grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bj2012golf(m): 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
Newmum0615:
Hi everyone,

I haven't really seen a lot of write-ups on Dr Ziworitin (Dr Z) of Oak Bend Medical Center Richmond. Is there anyone who has used him? What was your experience like please?

Thanks.

My wife's using him, just had the first visit last week tho, he's Board certified, a friend referred him to us and gave him a good review. Wifey says he's pleasant sha
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 4:49pm On Jan 21, 2015
justwise:
@prolify

That is marketing.

Wahlahi u make me laugh grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by sayoberry(f): 4:56pm On Jan 21, 2015
Phema is back home.... I would have loved to tap into the testimony but I no want. Congrats dear

Tvegas... Ur hand don full now o. Na u dey breastfeed baby for night? I would have visited una o but I'm still learning how to spend coins grin the coins dey very confusing...

Kykes.. As I said earlier "coins" issue

Who else is in Houston...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 4:57pm On Jan 21, 2015
Shawbabe:

@ the rest....like FavouredB said, yall keep writing letter of intent till they throw it out since English is hard for folks to understand grin

See as your mouth dey sweet after you crossed POE, If you had made this statement while in naija I will take you serious. grin

I see this letter of intent as a psychological tool. It's not compulsory neither do most CBP officer know jack about it. But it's a proof that the holder got nothing to hide before leaving her home country. Its a form of preliminary defence before trial. You never can tell the type of CBP officer you may meet, so there is no harm in holding it since it won't cost you a kobo.

I agree that it's been abused and they may stop replying someday but my people will say " heaven will fall, no be on top 1 person now". So my people make una dey print dey go o. Nothing do you. *runs out of thread before she finds me* grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 5:06pm On Jan 21, 2015
sayoberry:

Tvegas... Ur hand don full now o. Na u dey breastfeed baby for night? I would have visited una o but I'm still learning how to spend coins grin the coins dey very confusing......

Abeg no call me o. You landed in houston and you couldn't even put a call through. I gat fried beef for ya. And yes am the one carrying baby , it's my shift, typing with one hand though. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 5:21pm On Jan 21, 2015
Tvegas:

See as your mouth dey sweet after you crossed POE, If you had made this statement while in naija I will take you serious. grin

I see this letter of intent as a psychological tool. It's not compulsory neither do most CBP officer know jack about it. But it's a proof that the holder got nothing to hide before leaving her home country. Its a form of preliminary defence before a proper trial. You never can tell the type of CBP officer you may meet, so there is no harm in holding it since it won't cost you a kobo.

I agree that it's been abused and they may stop replying someday but my people will say " heaven will fall, no be on top 1 person now". So my people make una dey print dey go o. Nothing do you. *runs out of thread before she finds me* grin grin

@Tvegas you're very funny. Eku she ooo.

@ Anonymous mum...." At POE, I met a harsh woman that asked me how I knew that it was ok to come and deliver in the US, I no even talk too much story, I just showed her the letter."

I strongly believe if you had looked straight into her eyes with all boldness and said " with my B1/B2 visa I know I am entitled to medical services in the US and I know it's not illegal to have my baby in the US...." she would have simply let you be. Information is power Sis, that is why we are here in Nairaland. You committed no offence cos you were not pregnant when they gave you the visa. Shikeena.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 5:34pm On Jan 21, 2015
Shawbabe:

Do u work for CBP? undecided

I thought you knew that before?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ToksyBoo(f): 5:36pm On Jan 21, 2015
I am currently in Houston and i just got an apartment near West Houston Medical Center with 2 rooms available. Anyone who is interested should contact me (tk.adeyemi@gmail.com).
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oluwafunkenny: 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2015
@bj2012golf, pls I will need a follow up on his professionalism and cost implication. Seems I will change from Dr Fagbohun to him cos what Tvegas said as per Dr Fagbohun very busy schedule and induction thing is giving me concern. Am due in May and coming to Houston in April so I still have enough time to review people's comment.

Thanks and regards to your wife

bj2012golf:

My wife's using him, just had the first visit last week tho, he's Board certified, a friend referred him to us and gave him a good review. Wifey says he's pleasant sha
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 5:47pm On Jan 21, 2015
favouredB:

@ justwise please can I share this info here? Am getting tired of sending all these individual emails with the same info

If the hospital is in high demand like that then let them pay Nairaland owner to advertise here. The more we mention and share info about these hospitals and their agents the more they increase their prices because of high demand from members here.
How about they paying for the ad? Some are now charging $100 just to give a letter because we have given them free coverage here.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 6:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
[quote author=Tvegas post=30000245]

Hello tvegas baba. How is baby doing. Am waiting for u to know how long ur baby documentation wud take, for me to use as a guide. Tnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shayo5: 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2015
ajobi21:
Hello house, please for those that ever had their doctor's letters checked at POE. How much correspondence are you expected to have with your doctor. I've made an enquiry, got a response with the cost attachment. No dates or commitment. Just wondering if this would do or we need to do more. Thanks

The response you got is sufficient,they just need to see u av contacted a dr and they want to compare the fees to the amount of money you have.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 6:45pm On Jan 21, 2015
Good. Just sent you a PM please. Can you respond? Thank you. Need a personal experience story.
bj2012golf:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 7:08pm On Jan 21, 2015
favouredB:

@ Anonymous mum...." At POE, I met a harsh woman that asked me how I knew that it was ok to come and deliver in the US, I no even talk too much story, I just showed her the letter."

I strongly believe if you had looked straight into her eyes with all boldness and said " with my B1/B2 visa I know I am entitled to medical services in the US and I know it's not illegal to have my baby in the US...." she would have simply let you be. Information is power Sis, that is why we are here in Nairaland. You committed no offence cos you were not pregnant when they gave you the visa. Shikeena.

I agree with you. No worries.

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (402)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.