Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,891 members, 7,841,339 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (325) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1384932 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by prolify: 7:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
justwise:
@prolify

That is marketing.

O.k Oga Justwise.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by somchisom: 7:17pm On Jan 21, 2015
Thanks all. Appreciate the responses.
shelly23:

Delta is partners with KLM and Airfrance, so sometimes Delta flights are routed through Amsterdam or Paris. You shouldn't have any issues, but you can call Delta directly if you'd rather go to Atlanta and not stop over in Europe.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by debbie6240: 7:19pm On Jan 21, 2015
Please please I need a cheap physician and hospital in Connecticut
Debbie
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by favouredB(f): 7:45pm On Jan 21, 2015
justwise:

If the hospital is in high demand like that then let they pay Nairaland owner to advertise here. The more we mention and share info about these hospitals and their agents the more they increase their prices because of high demand from members here.
How about they paying for the ad? Some are now charging $100 just to give a letter because we have given them free coverage here.

@ Justwise i understand your point. But I hope you are not insinuating that i am an agent. Lol. Cos i cant.imagine you asking me to tell the hospital to come and advertise here. What's their own. It's not the hospitals that are scouting for patients, and i am sure they don't even know that this forum exists. Even if they knew I am sure they would care less. It's the members here that are looking for information and i feel i should help just like everyone here who has been willing to share important info that others would benefit from. Like i said, No beef. I understand where u r coming from. Will do my best to reply as much PMs as I can and folks if I don't reply, sorry. You can ask your question here and others who have same info can respond.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 7:59pm On Jan 21, 2015
Good evening all my people,

Please I want to find out if anyone has used or is using Dr. Amarjoh, I want the people that have dealt with her or dealing with her now to rate her.

I have received her price list with the hospital also she has sent a letter of (To Whom It May Concern) and scan it to us. I just want to compare her with Dr. Fagbohun to know who among them we are going to use for my wife visa.

Thank you for your response, I am waiting to read from you.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 7:59pm On Jan 21, 2015
@tvegas, nope! I am not saying this coz I'm safe. Like FavouredB said confidence and knowledge is wealth. All these begging attitude of Nigerians is why the talk and treat folks anyhow like u committing a crime. The only thing that made me nervous was that I had only 40 bucks on me! So yes that would have been a good reason to send someone back, but still I would prove to them the funds is available.
The letter is VERY over rated!

@ justwise...*yawns* u wrote with authority na, so I'm wondering if u work for DHS now. tongue

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kykes: 8:45pm On Jan 21, 2015
Trending #letterofintent.........neeext!

*runs away*
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 8:47pm On Jan 21, 2015
mabels:

ok. my friend is buying mine from d states next month, was going to suggest she buys one for u too since we live in Abuja. you can check tonia pharmacy inside tswanya center in area 11 or H-medis in wuse (they ve like 3 branches in Abuja)

Awww, so so nice of you to offer, thanks a lot, I would march to H-Medix tomorrow and check, lemme strike atleast one thing from my very long list...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nogen: 8:50pm On Jan 21, 2015
@Justwise, pls allow FavouredB to share the name of the hospital and their prices here. This thread will die a natural death when people have to resort to pm. The forum is about sharing as long as it's not seen as an advert.

Some hospitals are now charging 100 dollars and increasing their prices because they are just the few shared here
If people get to know more affordable hospitals , I'm sure it will benefit a lot of people. Thanks

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2015
Nogen:
@Justwise, pls allow FavouredB to share the name of the hospital and their prices here. This thread will die a natural death when people have to resort to pm. The forum is about sharing as long as it's not seen as an advert.

Some hospitals are now charging 100 dollars and increasing their prices because they are just the few shared here
If people get to know more affordable hospitals , I'm sure it will benefit a lot of people. Thanks

The affordable once increased their prices because their details were shared here and many people contacted them. If we stopped doing ad for them they will reduce their prices when people stopped going to them.

Use Google to search for hospital in US or read this thread for already shared info, you can email whoever you want to get more details.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zubby80(m): 9:02pm On Jan 21, 2015

my wife is also a july mum, please i need to find other july mum to connect with her, please you can email me on zubby80@gmail.com
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Fruitilicious: 9:47pm On Jan 21, 2015
For those who need info on Hackensack Mountainside New Jersey, check page 218 for Doctor/Hospital contact...

favouredB:

@ justwise please can I share this info here? Am getting tired of sending all these individual emails with the same info
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 11:12pm On Jan 21, 2015
For everyone emailing, I can't respond to all the emails one by one, it's a task on its own. And since it's one question of hospital and dr, here's the response:

If you click on my name and check my posts, u will see the plan is for Northside Atl hospital. U can google the hospital and get their number, call them and get quotes from them. As for Dr, most Drs here require ur records before they give you a quote based on what care you have received so far. So just google Obgyns in Atlanta area attached to what hospital of your choice, then go from there.
It really is research in this Georgia, so there's no one specific quote, U can also check out MrsDan and Dakotchic posts. They are previous Atl mums.
Hope this answers all your questions. Sorry just that I cant reply 16 emails with the same question undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 12:33am On Jan 22, 2015
[quote author=vivianobas post=29991444]Hi Malory84, hope you are doing great? In case you do not get a better alternative between now and February 16th, do let me know as I would be arriving February 17th. Wishing you all the best.

[@Vivianobas. thanks very much. really appreciate. Already got an alternative.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 12:34am On Jan 22, 2015
Nogen:

While you wait for the drugs, in the meantime, get her some lemon, cut into 2, Squeeze the juice in a tea cup with the body of the lemon. Add hot water and allow to cool for some minutes. Give her to drink morning and night. It normalises blood pressure. But she shouldn't take it if she's suffering from ulcer. Learnt it is not good for ulcer patients.

@Nogen thanks a lot. would have done that but she has Ulcer.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 12:36am On Jan 22, 2015
enidammy:

Just saw your post, would have love to help but my schedule is tight and I would be leaving tomorrow, would not be able to search for the drug for you. I pray you would be able to get another person.

No problem.Thanks a lot. Are you using doctoresparati? and were will u be staying.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by weaseloo: 1:52am On Jan 22, 2015
MamaTobenna:
Please where can I buy compression socks in Lagos

Try Healthplus. That's where I got mine.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by weaseloo: 2:11am On Jan 22, 2015
ToksyBoo:
I am currently in Houston and i just got an apartment near West Houston Medical Center with 2 rooms available. Anyone who is interested should contact me (tk.adeyemi@gmail.com).

I need an accommodation too. Kindly respond to your PM. Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by weaseloo: 2:22am On Jan 22, 2015
justwise:

The affordable once increased their prices because their details were shared here and many people contacted them. If we stopped doing ad for them they will reduce their prices when people stopped going to them.

Use Google to search for hospital in US or read this thread for already shared info, you can email whoever you want to get more details.

Just wondering what has changed between the time we shared such information here and now.
Just wise, don't understand your rules sometimes. When someone tries to be cautious and asks you questions, you simply discourage.
Hope you are not this uptight in person, you no go fit find wife o!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nogen: 5:05am On Jan 22, 2015
malory84:

@Nogen thanks a lot. would have done that but she has Ulcer.

So sorry about that. I pray help comes her way soonest.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oas99(f): 6:17am On Jan 22, 2015
What drug does she use? I'll be in houston on the 3rd of Feb maybe I could help mail it to ELPASO

[quote author=malory84 post=30013048][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pitykitten: 6:28am On Jan 22, 2015
Justwise, I'm sure everyone appreciates the work you have been doing on this thread as it may have turned to a market place w/o you.
However, can the rules be clear please? Today, one person shares a doctors number and the next day, another person isn't allowed to.

Like someone mentioned, these hospitals couldn't care less about we on NLand plus they shouldn't be allowed to place adverts anyway (medical ethics). So ejo Sir, be flexible where you can.

Then please you guys don't eat me raw for this ooo but when your opinion is disagreed with, no need to sound so irritated about it. No matter how sensible what you have said is, there are way too many people here and no one is obliged to accept your opinion. No need to sound like a know-it-all or be condescending.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 7:50am On Jan 22, 2015
Pitykitten:
Justwise, I'm sure everyone appreciates the work you have been doing on this thread as it may have turned to a market place w/o you.
However, can the rules be clear please? Today, one person shares a doctors number and the next day, another person isn't allowed to.

Like someone mentioned, these hospitals couldn't care less about we on NLand plus they shouldn't be allowed to place adverts anyway (medical ethics). So ejo Sir, be flexible where you can.

Then please you guys don't eat me raw for this ooo but when your opinion is disagreed with, no need to sound so irritated about it. No matter how sensible what you have said is, there are way too many people here and no one is obliged to accept your opinion. No need to sound like a know-it-all or be condescending.

Pitykitten,

I couldnt agree with you more.We have inconsistencies in application of rules and note some of us have scaled the fenced as we have the info we require and some have even already gotten the required US pali for their babies but feel obligated to share certain info to help someone else as others have helped them in the past.I cannot imagine how many PMs I have responded to when I could have easily pasted the info which I did by the way and it was deleted as I was considered carying out marketing activities

@Justwise,
I believe you need to relax this moderation power.Simply define and apply consistent rules and also review the objective of this forum which I believe is information sharing(I stand to be corrected). I disagree with your comments referring people to google hospitals,doctors because if one can get direct information straight and as quick like that ,then this forum would not exists and if it did,you'd be the only one on it and mind you, I for instance and I believe majority of us all stumbled on this forum via a detailed Google research on the subject.
While I understand you are weary of marketers,you must note that all form of info shared is a source of marketing also,be it direct or indirect. the main thing is to also review if the objective is achieved as people of this forum are adults and should be able to review shared information objectively just as they are hit with marketing info in their everyday lives . The truth is we need the hospitals more than they need us as i can attest to this by the blatant denials of visa at the embassy and even the increase in hospital fees which is simply following the law of demand and supply as well as price elasticity principles any where in the world.If we dont need the hospitals and the US, then lets sit in our countries and have our kids then after all,I do not see any US citizen rushing to Nigeria to give birth so please lets consider facts when applying considerations
Having said all this,I must still however commend your heart for starting up this wonderful forum to help us all.

I hope I wont be banned for this as I am open to reason out the facts with you and if I do,then i would say its a pleasure to have been able to contribute my little quota in this forum

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 7:55am On Jan 22, 2015
Pitykitten:

Yes its unethical for hospitals to place an ad but members here are doing that for them knowingly or unknowingly. Only one hospital emailed me last year requesting that i remove their details here dropped by a member as they did not authorize it. Others couldn't careless after all they are benefiting from it.

Of course they care about nairaland because the coverage we gave them here has lead to price increases in some hospitals and one in particular charging for letter.

I'm trying to strike a balance here and not make this thread unfriendly, you can't read and hid all hospital contact details dropped by members here, if that is done then half of the posts here will be invisible.

There is a difference between mentioning Dr's or hospitals' name and pasting details and price quotes from the hospital. I can't please everybody here, that pretty much i know.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:05am On Jan 22, 2015
PrinceAdeAde:

Pitykitten,

I couldnt agree with you more.We have inconsistencies in application of rules and note some of us have scaled the fenced as we have the info we require and some have even already gotten the required US pali for their babies but feel obligated to share certain info to help someone else as others have helped them in the past.I cannot imagine how many PMs I have responded to when I could have easily pasted the info which I did by the way and it was deleted as I was considered carying out marketing activities

@Justwise,
I believe you need to relax this moderation power.Simply define and apply consistent rules and also review the objective of this forum which I believe is information sharing(I stand to be corrected). I disagree with your comments referring people to google hospitals,doctors because if one can get direct information straight and as quick like that ,then this forum would not exists and if it did,you'd be the only one on it and mind you, I for instance and I believe majority of us all stumbled on this forum via a detailed Google research on the subject.
While I understand you are weary of marketers,you must note that all form of info shared is a source of marketing also,be it direct or indirect. the main thing is to also review if the objective is achieved as people of this forum are adults and should be able to review shared information objectively just as they are hit with marketing info in their everyday lives . The truth is we need the hospitals more than they need us as i can attest to this by the blatant denials of visa at the embassy and even the increase in hospital fees which is simply following the law of demand and supply as well as price elasticity principles any where in the world.If we dont need the hospitals and the US, then lets sit in our countries and have our kids then after all,I do not see any US citizen rushing to Nigeria to give birth so please lets consider facts when applying considerations
Having said all this,I must still however commend your heart for starting up this wonderful forum to help us all.

I hope I wont be banned for this as I am open to reason out the facts with you and if I do,then i would say its a pleasure to have been able to contribute my little quota in this forum

I read this post and wanted to reply then i saw that section in bold. You don't deserve any reasonable reply from me other than this.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:08am On Jan 22, 2015
weaseloo:

Just wondering what has changed between the time we shared such information here and now.
Just wise, don't understand your rules sometimes. When someone tries to be cautious and asks you questions, you simply discourage.
Hope you are not this uptight in person, you no go fit find wife o!

Any woman looking for freebies has two choices: Look for father Christmas or get a job.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by egwon: 8:15am On Jan 22, 2015
egwon:
Thanks to everyone in this group. I have an interview next week. In filling my Ds form, I filled my husband was my sponsor but plan on using his bussiness bank account for the interview. Please I hope it isn't a problem. What proofs do I need to use to show the bussiness is his.Thanks for answers

Please a guru should answer me please
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 8:18am On Jan 22, 2015
justwise:

I read this post and wanted to reply then i saw that section in bold. You don't deserve any reasonable reply from me other than this.

I am interested in knowing which of the highlights made you reason I don't deserve a reply. My bold items is the below as you quite well know,bold is to highlight and give better context just as adjectives
objective
define and apply consistent rules

You highlighted the text "I hope I wont be banned for this" yourself which I am stating from a position of facts and inference and the best you can do is firstly to counter this with a superior argument/fact and you can then subsequently take the stand you took. It shows from an emotional intelligences perceptive that you are truly open to reason and takes thing further even if I sound irrational.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Bsharon: 8:25am On Jan 22, 2015
segbas:
Good evening all my people,

Please I want to find out if anyone has used or is using Dr. Amarjoh, I want the people that have dealt with her or dealing with her now to rate her.

I have received her price list with the hospital also she has sent a letter of (To Whom It May Concern) and scan it to us. I just want to compare her with Dr. Fagbohun to know who among them we are going to use

Hello,am using methodist hospital and Dr Amajoh Zee happens to be my doctor,I had a personal experience with her when I travelled for the xmas vac. I took my time checking out some hospitals,meeting with Dr Amajoh was a great experience,she is the MD of southwest obstetrics/gyn.on my first appointment day with her, from our discussions I knew I was in safe hands I even got freebies grin of drugs,letter to show that am her patient and would be coming back for delivery. Dr Amajoh is young and exprienced from my findings. This is my personal experience, I hope u get other people that has used her to share their experiences too.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by PrinceAdeAde: 8:26am On Jan 22, 2015
egwon:

Please a guru should answer me please

You cannot use a business bank account as a business is a separate legal entity from your husband even if it is a sole proprietorship and since you also stated that your husband is the sponsor,I would advice against it.Its better you use your hubby personal account
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:31am On Jan 22, 2015
favouredB:

@ Justwise i understand your point. But I hope you are not insinuating that i am an agent. Lol. Cos i cant.imagine you asking me to tell the hospital to come and advertise here. What's their own. It's not the hospitals that are scouting for patients, and i am sure they don't even know that this forum exists. Even if they knew I am sure they would care less. It's the members here that are looking for information and i feel i should help just like everyone here who has been willing to share important info that others would benefit from. Like i said, No beef. I understand where u r coming from. Will do my best to reply as much PMs as I can and folks if I don't reply, sorry. You can ask your question here and others who have same info can respond.

You can't be sure about that because one placed paid ad in this section before and another one has an ad still running here now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) ... (402)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.