Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,976 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (327) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1382234 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by weaseloo: 9:01pm On Jan 22, 2015
So after Lotalways' post about WHMC increasing their price, I called them first before getting there. The lady I spoke with was just repeating to me "the price has gone up" "it just went up". . . then I asked her what the new cost was, and she said 4200, which was not consistent with what Lotalways said (4500). I just thought ok, I might be lucky and persuade them to take the 4k from me since it seems the new price has not been decided yet. We got cut off and when I called the second time, I spoke with someone else who sent me an email of the bill and it was still 4000, (thank God!). I rushed there to make the payment before they change their mind.

So mummys if you are using them and in Houston, better go and register now. They would be increasing, how soon, I do not know.

Oh, another thing I noticed is that instead of the 4-day stay for C-Section deliveries, it is now 3 days. Seems the hospital has been making some other changes as well apart from the cost.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mummyprincess: 9:42pm On Jan 22, 2015
Cld you pls share abt your accommodation in southwest Houston?
Bsharon:

I guess u mean namajoh@swobgyn.com,that is her work mail. She does nt charge to get a doctor's letter.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 9:45pm On Jan 22, 2015
Jchi9876:

Pounded yam with ofe onugbo, bush meat and okporoko
next time, kindly ignore my post if you do not have an answer. The response was uncalled for

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akindolz(f): 11:25pm On Jan 22, 2015
Hello all. Please what constitutes this proof of burden? It's sort of confusing with all the comments I v read so far. Kindly assist. Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by peaceful22: 11:52pm On Jan 22, 2015
Lovely mums please I need your advise. I and my family got US visa November, 2014 with the intention of going on vacation this summer ie October/sept. Just this month I realised am 2 weeks pregnant (unplanned though), this means by October I should be due 4 delivery. Please my question is do I have to write a letter to the embassy stating am going to give birth since I didn't mention it at the time of interview? Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Jchi9876: 11:55pm On Jan 22, 2015
MamaTobenna:
next time, kindly ignore my post if you do not have an answer. The response was uncalled for

Nma Tobe take a joke so you can live longer.
Moreover dint you read where awuf/freebies/jara/nmezu/fisi was discouraged in the previous page and the "get a job or father christmas advice"

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Zozokuzo142: 12:00am On Jan 23, 2015
I stayed at in a 3 bedroom apartment with two other Naija mamas at West Glendale, Phoenix. It cost $2800 per month, fully furnished and inclusive of utility bills. Not so close to the hospital (MIHS) though. About $60 to and fro.

The consent form was notarised at High Court in Ikeja, Lagos.[/quote]

IS THE $2800 FOR THE 3 BEDROOMS ?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 4:36am On Jan 23, 2015
Jchi9876:

Nma Tobe take a joke so you can live longer.
Moreover dint you read where awuf/freebies/jara/nmezu/fisi was discouraged in the previous page and the "get a job or father christmas advice"
as i said before, next time, ignore my post. I don't appreciate the joke. U think a father xmas is paying for my delivery?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by 1sttimemom: 4:44am On Jan 23, 2015
betty1983:
Good morning El Paso peeps. Please how's the weather condition there? Asides, jacket/coat, is it necessary to come along with head warmer, hand gloves, socks, boots and all that. Kindly advise please.
hey,1 or 2 thick jackets den sweaters r ok,its a bit chilly nt too cold.bring socks too..also pls any1 comin to intown should pls help with small indomie.I'll payls

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by peaceful22: 7:51am On Jan 23, 2015
peaceful22:
Lovely mums please I need your advise. I and my family got US visa November, 2014 with the intention of going on vacation this summer ie October/sept. Just this month I realised am 2 weeks pregnant (unplanned though), this means by October I should be due 4 delivery. Please my question is do I have to write a letter to the embassy stating am going to give birth since I didn't mention it at the time of interview? Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:02am On Jan 23, 2015
peaceful22:

Were you asked about pregnancy during your interview?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 8:27am On Jan 23, 2015
MamaTobenna:
Abeg what kinda freebies do the hospitals give when u have your baby

Are they really freebies, or included in your bill. It depends on the hospital, one friend of mine said she got breast pump, books n CD's, baby formula, Extra Baby clothings (caps, mittens, socks and flannels, another friend of mine got a cheap car seat (but what is $20 compared to 5k+ she payed )but ask if they are to be paid for . Someone I know had a baby in Maryland through CS, the nurses came and asked if she wanted assisted every night , for 3 nights , after everything she had an extra $600 bill for overnight care for baby.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by peaceful22: 8:32am On Jan 23, 2015
peaceful22:

Nobody is responding to me is not fair oo.... am crying.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:32am On Jan 23, 2015
justwise:

Were you asked about pregnancy during your interview?

peaceful22:

Nobody is responding to me is not fair oo.... am crying.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by peaceful22: 8:33am On Jan 23, 2015
peaceful22:

Nobody wants to assist me. Am heart broken.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by peaceful22: 8:35am On Jan 23, 2015
No @justwise I wasn't asked and truly I wasnt even pregnant then.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:36am On Jan 23, 2015
peaceful22:

Nobody wants to assist me. Am heart broken.

Are you serious or joking?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:39am On Jan 23, 2015
peaceful22:
No @justwise I wasn't asked and truly I wasnt even pregnant then.

Then you got nothing to worry about, just make your hospital arrangements and keep all your communications with the Dr/hospital and receipt of payment for POE.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by peaceful22: 8:40am On Jan 23, 2015
justwise:

Are you serious or joking?

Am serious please. I wasn't asked if I was pregnant and truly I wasn't pregnant as at the time of interview I just found out am pregnant and is just 2 weeks pregnancy I guess.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by peaceful22: 8:42am On Jan 23, 2015
justwise:

Then you got nothing to worry about, just make your hospital arrangements and keep all your communications with the Dr/hospital and receipt of payment for POE.

Ok thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Bsharon: 9:00am On Jan 23, 2015
[quote author=mummyprincess post=30040809]Cld you pls share abt your accommodation in southwest Houston?

I stayed on highway 6 accomodation (Soul care)which is like 15mins drive to my hospital,there are different packages at the accommodation.

Will pm u the contact number.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lilyfranklin: 9:37am On Jan 23, 2015
Hello house, pls does anyone know of any VBAC doctors in El Paso? Urgently need to change my doctor as I realised I was booked for CS, due to having my first baby through CS. Help plsssssss, will be travelling soon.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by MamaTobenna: 9:54am On Jan 23, 2015
kizluv:

Are they really freebies, or included in your bill. It depends on the hospital, one friend of mine said she got breast pump, books n CD's, baby formula, Extra Baby clothings (caps, mittens, socks and flannels, another friend of mine got a cheap car seat (but what is $20 compared to 5k+ she payed )but ask if they are to be paid for . Someone I know had a baby in Maryland through CS, the nurses came and asked if she wanted assisted every night , for 3 nights , after everything she had an extra $600 bill for overnight care for baby.
thanks Kizluv. So the best thing is not to be too shy to ask if anything they are giving is free before one ends up with unnecessary bills
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jan 23, 2015
Zozokuzo142:
IS THE $2800 FOR THE 3 BEDROOMS ?

Yes
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by kizluv(f): 10:02am On Jan 23, 2015
MamaTobenna:
thanks Kizluv. So the best thing is not to be too shy to ask if anything they are giving is free before one ends up with unnecessary bills

Please ask and keep shouting you are "self pay o", so they don't bring any unnecessary bill abeg.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Emblem(m): 10:09am On Jan 23, 2015
peaceful22:

Hello everyone, this is for everyone who is in Peaceful22 situation and thinking of sending a letter of intent to the US embassy......... Below is a copy of the reply i got from the US embassy yesterday after sending a letter of intent:...............

" [b]Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note that there is no legal requirement to inform us that you are seeking to give birth in the United States or that your purpose of travel has changed. The Customs and Border Protection, a branch of USCIS, determines a traveler’s eligibility of entry to the U.S, you should be prepared to demonstrate to the immigration officer at the port of entry why you are seeking medical treatment and that you have logistical and financial plans for the treatment.

We recommend that you review the regulations on non-immigrant aliens entering the United States for purposes of childbirth at https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/882/~/visit-the-u.s.-while-pregnant-and-the-risks-involved and plan accordingly. Please you should not stay in the U.S. longer than you are permitted by Customs and Border Protection at the port of entry. The Department of Homeland Security at the port of entry will determine your eligibility to enter the United States on any travel.

If you choose to give birth in the U.S., we advise you to bring evidence of payment, both when you enter the U.S. on this visit, and at your future U.S. visa interviews.

Sincerely,

cid:image001.gif@01CF57EF.0B4BC8F0
Correspondence Unit (TOO)
US CONSULATE GENERAL
LAGOS, NIGERIA

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.[/b] "

@Peaceful22, I hope this answers your question.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mummyprincess: 10:12am On Jan 23, 2015
[quote author=Bsharon post=30050208][/quote]@ Bsharon, ok. I am waiting. Tnx.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 23, 2015
kizluv:

Please ask and keep shouting you are "self pay o", so they don't bring any unnecessary bill abeg.

Lol. Reminds me of when I went to the hospital in labour and the lady was like "Oh my God! You must be in so much pain. Lemme go get the wheelchair". She noticed I was hesitant. After some seconds, I asked her if it was free. cheesy I could see the shock on her face as she said "absolutely". Na so I jump enter the wheelchair. grin

I no fit shout jare. I go leg am wella if them say make I pay. Contraction no dey kill. tongue

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Emblem(m): 10:31am On Jan 23, 2015
Phema:

Lol. Reminds me when I went to the hospital in labour and the lady was like "Oh my God! You must be in so much pain. Lemme go get the wheelchair". She noticed I was hesitant. After some seconds, I asked her if it was free. cheesy I could see the shock on her face as she said "absolutely". Na so I jump enter the wheelchair. grin

I no fit shout jare. I go leg am wella if them say make I pay. Contraction no dey kill. tongue

@Phema is such a clown LOL..........no mind them oyinbo, they don't know that in your country, nothing is free....

(1) (2) (3) ... (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) (330) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.