Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1379333 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 5:47pm On Feb 24, 2015
Is this $412 for hospital pediatrician or the one that sees baby after discharge? and for how many visits is this?
bj2012golf:
Good day everyone

Thank you all for your kind words and taking time out to congratulate us on the birth of our LO, you all are appreciated. Congratulations to my son's bday mates and all mamas who av also birthe

Travelling tonite with Delta, will be looking out for preggies.

Pediatrican cost us about $412 after discount

You are free to send me PM or mails for those who av my emaill addy

Best regards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by patricia23: 5:47pm On Feb 24, 2015
segbas:
Hello
Please can somebody remind me of page where Gwinnet price is on this page. Or if anyone have it he or she should please share with me.
Thanks.
You can type Gwinnett on the search engine of nairaland, I'm sure u would find the pages there.
Or send an email to Gwinnett to get their current price: pricequote@gwinnettmedicalcenter.org

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Zozokuzo142: 6:19pm On Feb 24, 2015
Biobioliscious:
Hello House,

It's been interesting reading through this thread. I have learnt a lot from the various experiences and i pray God will grant all our heart desires.

Please i am a July mum and i intend using MIHS in Phoenix for my child birth.

Any July mum in the house who is interested in sharing apartment to reduce cost

My wife is a july mum. she will also be using MIHS. she will travel about 2nd week in june by Gods grace.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by segbas(m): 7:28pm On Feb 24, 2015
@Patricia23: thanks so much. Any other hospital in Atlanta Area?

patricia23:

You can type Gwinnett on the search engine of nairaland, I'm sure u would find the pages there.
Or send an email to Gwinnett to get their current price: pricequote@gwinnettmedicalcenter.org
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shagaman: 7:44pm On Feb 24, 2015
ojsimsim:
@shagaman thanks. Please which airline is best and what documents will I need at my POE as I have doctors pa ra ti letter of responsibility and doctors letter of appointment.
Kindly assist with a list.

I cant really say Airline per say but try as much as possible to get a lagos to dallas flight. Dallas POE have latinos and they are very friendly majority of them know elpaso well and then because while going back after child birth a connecting fligt from dallas to elpaso is 1.45 minutes.
For the list . Noting specific per say more than the normal requirements.

Doctors correspondence
Proof of ability to pay fees.
Hospital qoute on fees to be paid.

Atleast this shows that you already have appointment.
And maybe also your hotel booking.
With these items you are good to go and Elpaso also is waiting to welcome you... grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by patricia23: 9:02pm On Feb 24, 2015
segbas:
@Patricia23: thanks so much. Any other hospital in Atlanta Area?

Northside, Piedmont , Emory midtown
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by bosebabs(f): 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2015
Hello all, pls any one with info or contact of doc/hospital in Virginia. Am due in august and dats the state I have a friend in.
Thankks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dittobaby: 10:08pm On Feb 24, 2015
Thanks for the responses! My next concern is accommodation. We were advised here that our place of stay should be closer to the clinic where we would be visiting the doctor and not the hospital. For those in el paso right now, how do l plan this from naija since I don't know where the clinic will be? I will also like to share a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment with early July mums. Please those of you in a similar arrangement right now, how much will this cost me and are these apartments well furnished like the ones in Dubai?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by debbyokeowo: 11:51pm On Feb 24, 2015
Hello efamily.
Please oo. This time around I need answers to my questions.... lol... hormones...

Please for those that have used Northside Atlanta.. please share ur experience with me ooo. I need info about Dr. Their fees and how u book for hotel or accommodation. Cheap one ni o...
Thanks in advance.

Congrats to all new born, new Visas and POE story. Praise be to God.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Amother4life: 3:00am On Feb 25, 2015
[quote author=Vineb post=31041405]

I totally agree with those that feel appointment with Dr Fagbohun is like a business appointment.

A friend said it felt like a drive through clinic kind of setup. He has too many patients and it surely impacts on the amount of time he spends with his patients she thinks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Shawbabe: 3:01am On Feb 25, 2015
debbyokeowo:
Hello efamily.
Please oo. This time around I need answers to my questions.... lol... hormones...

Please for those that have used Northside Atlanta.. please share ur experience with me ooo. I need info about Dr. Their fees and how u book for hotel or accommodation. Cheap one ni o...
Thanks in advance.

Congrats to all new born, new Visas and POE story. Praise be to God.

U have to first find an Obgyn attached to Northside hospital Atl. There are loads of Obgyn to choose from, so google Atlanta Women's Group. It will list all the offices then u can call them. 80% of them are 5 mins from Northside Atl, as in behind the hospital. As per fees, depending on which Obgyn u choose, they'll give u their fees. It's always good to "shop around" before settling. But I always advise you go with an experienced Dr. As in somebody who finished Med school in the 1980s! In my opinion they are usually the best with over 4000 baby delivries under their belt!

Oh and most of the offices will ask you to fax your records before they can give you a price. Unfortunately u have to find a way to send ur records across to them.
As per hotel and accommodation, u CANNOT function in atlanta without a car of your own. Nothing is close to anything, u can google Extended Stay close to Northside or in the same zip code 30342. But u still can't walk it. U still need a car.

Hope this helps!

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Airpure(f): 3:27am On Feb 25, 2015
mabels:

Jesus. I have to make contact with another doctor then, cos i sabi vex well. better to have an alternative before leaving nigeria.

Hi Mabel. I don't think u need to change doc. I m using him too n my appointments r just fine. Really if u don't ve any complications that needs sorting out what else do u want to discuss. If u ve questions of cos u can ask him n he will gladly answer. On my first appointment with him we even talked n joked about Naija n he explained why he doesn't like using Methodist. Even gave me directions to d hospital.

Peeps if u ve questions feel free to ask ur Doc wit all d money paid they owe u that much.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by debbyokeowo: 4:25am On Feb 25, 2015
Thank you so much. God bless you.

quote author=Shawbabe post=31056824]

U have to first find an Obgyn attached to Northside hospital Atl. There are loads of Obgyn to choose from, so google Atlanta Women's Group. It will list all the offices then u can call them. 80% of them are 5 mins from Northside Atl, as in behind the hospital. As per fees, depending on which Obgyn u choose, they'll give u their fees. It's always good to "shop around" before settling. But I always advise you go with an experienced Dr. As in somebody who finished Med school in the 1980s! In my opinion they are usually the best with over 4000 baby delivries under their belt!

Oh and most of the offices will ask you to fax your records before they can give you a price. Unfortunately u have to find a way to send ur records across to them.
As per hotel and accommodation, u CANNOT function in atlanta without a car of your own. Nothing is close to anything, u can google Extended Stay close to Northside or in the same zip code 30342. But u still can't walk it. U still need a car.

Hope this helps![/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by shagaman: 5:02am On Feb 25, 2015
dittobaby:
Thanks for the responses! My next concern is accommodation. We were advised here that our place of stay should be closer to the clinic where we would be visiting the doctor and not the hospital. For those in el paso right now, how do l plan this from naija since I don't know where the clinic will be? I will also like to share a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment with early July mums. Please those of you in a similar arrangement right now, how much will this cost me and are these apartments well furnished like the ones in Dubai?

As a preggy what one needs really is closeness to hospital,intown is close to hospital and where to see doc sef, also the advantage here is that shopping malls are around trek able distance,walmart is close,Ranch market is close,so many shopping malls around,I dont know about ramada so cant talk about the place,but at intown all u need is a bed where to cook and a 42 inch tv,that should surfice for ur period of stay, but if you want a place with jacuzzi,hot tub ,chaffiers, massage and others I can help you find out .....but if you have a budget u dont want to exceed then intown might suite you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hamalj: 6:55am On Feb 25, 2015
Hello people my wife has a B1/B2 viSa and we need to write d embassy on her desire to go for child birth as the visa was initially gotten for vacation.I will appreciate if anyone can help with the embassy correspondence email address.Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Newmum0615: 7:16am On Feb 25, 2015
Good morning people. Please do I need to go for my visa interview with a medical report from my naija doctor?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 25, 2015
Newmum0615:
Good morning people. Please do I need to go for my visa interview with a medical report from my naija doctor?

They seldom ask for evidence of pregnancy, but if they do, I think a scan report will suffice. That was what I went with.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akindolz(f): 8:22am On Feb 25, 2015
Morning e-fam.
any June mum in d house going to Illinois, Chicago? Looking at Dr. Jeffery Johnson of Alexian Brothers in the suburbs or Dr. Akerele
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by 9jabiggurl: 9:11am On Feb 25, 2015
akindolz:
Morning e-fam.
any June mum in d house going to Illinois, Chicago? Looking at Dr. Jeffery Johnson of Alexian Brothers in the suburbs or Dr. Akerele

Its Dr Akere not Dr Akerele...point of correction.... grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mabels: 9:16am On Feb 25, 2015
[quote author=Airpure post=31056945]

Hi Mabel. I don't think u need to change doc. I m using him too n my appointments

Thanks Airpure
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mrsmo: 9:36am On Feb 25, 2015
Airpure:

Hi Mabel. I don't think u need to change doc. I m using him too n my appointments r just fine. Really if u don't ve any complications that needs sorting out what else do u want to discuss. If u ve questions of cos u can ask him n he will gladly answer. On my first appointment with him we even talked n joked about Naija n he explained why he doesn't like using Methodist. Even gave me directions to d hospital.

Peeps if u ve questions feel free to ask ur Doc wit all d money paid they owe u that much.

Initially when I read people's comments about the length of time spent by doctor Fagbohun, I asked my friend who is a nurse in Houston if it was normal. she said yes, that the doctors do not have to spend so much time or hold our hands. That the pampering duties are those of nurses. But at doctors visits we should voice our concerns and hear the doctors views.

She said at her own deliveries, once she puts to bed, that's the last time the doctor will see her inspite of her high end insurance cover.
My experience with Dr. Fagbohun was okay. His assistants would have prepared the patients before seeing him. Seeing him was brief and he did sit to ask if I had any questions for him and that he was available if I hav questions.

On my next appointment, I had ?s and he answered all to my understanding.

Personally, time spent by him seems same with my doc in naija. If there are no issues, why waste time and delay other patients. But the important thing is for one to be comfortable with your doctor. Once you have doubts, change and move on. Cos the doubts will always throw issues up. My opinion.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by stinux(f): 10:03am On Feb 25, 2015
lagosNIV@state.gov or consularabuja@state.gov

hamalj:
Hello people my wife has a B1/B2 viSa and we need to write d embassy on her desire to go for child birth as the visa was initially gotten for vacation.I will appreciate if anyone can help with the embassy correspondence email address.Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by akindolz(f): 10:26am On Feb 25, 2015
Lol grin
9jabiggurl:

Its Dr Akere not Dr Akerele...point of correction.... grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by enidammy: 10:38am On Feb 25, 2015
[quote author=shagaman post=31057342]
@shagaman
I stay at Intown Suites too, my name is Eniola. Let's hook up.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by enidammy: 11:03am On Feb 25, 2015
IyawoToBe:
Congrats finebony and my dear kizluv (its been long I heard from you so glad you landed in st Louis in one peice cheesy Chicago CBP have got nothing on you kiss)

Pls to those who have flown delta pls can you give tips about the best seat positions on their aircraft. Particularly for economy. I intend to ask for an upgrade to economy comfort on the flight if it's not full. But still want to make sure I get the best economy seat in case I don't have the opportunity for an upgrade. Delta airline o not BA.

Thanks
@iyawotobe
If you want to upgrade to economy comfort, it's alright, because from my experience, the economy was not comfortable for my pregnant body, even though I sat close to the aisle.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by KayLayChi: 11:27am On Feb 25, 2015
Hi all,

I am travelling to Los Angeles first week in July and the ticket prices are crazy. I was considering Emirates but Etihad is cheaper but I am scared of Etihad because I dont know anyone that has used them.

Please has anyone here used Etihad (when pregnant, I will be travelling at 35weeks plus) and what was the experience. I want to buy my ticket this week and need this info urgently.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fareeliciousmum: 11:43am On Feb 25, 2015
[quote author=enidammy post=31064186][/quote]
Hi Eniola. I would be coming to Elpaso on monday alone. hope we can meet up there and be friends
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Feb 25, 2015
KayLayChi:
Hi all,

I am travelling to Los Angeles first week in July and the ticket prices are crazy. I was considering Emirates but Etihad is cheaper but I am scared of Etihad because I dont know anyone that has used them.

Please has anyone here used Etihad (when pregnant, I will be travelling at 35weeks plus) and what was the experience. I want to buy my ticket this week and need this info urgently.
i've used ethiad to abudhabi and i'll choose them over emirates 100 times, you won't regret using them, you have to connect to the u.s from abudhabi and I guess their connection time shouldn't be so long but make sure you check the connection times
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by KayLayChi: 1:22pm On Feb 25, 2015
Thanks Chloe7 will explore the option.

Please I need more advise on travelling with Etihad to Los Angeles.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hamalj: 1:28pm On Feb 25, 2015
stinux:
lagosNIV@state.gov or consularabuja@state.gov

thanks a lot Stinux

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 25, 2015
KayLayChi:

I have never been to the u.s so I really can't say for sure the reviews of Etihad to the U.S but i'm sure they are better than any other middle East airline because i've used emirates, Qatar and Etihad and Etihad is really pleasurable for travelling but a friend has used them to the U.S and she had good things to say about them though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lalavita: 1:49pm On Feb 25, 2015
Etihad is a good airline. Their service is similar level to Emirates.
I know sometimes they use a third party plane (Jet Airways) for the Lagos-Abu Dhabi leg but heard it is ok.
The LA leg should be even better.

The only thing you should note is that POE for US for Etihad is in Abu Dhabi...yep, you clear immigration there and land "local" in the States. Not sure how lenient or difficult they are though. So might be good to see if any other pregnant mums have passed through there.

http://www.murthy.com/2014/03/05/cbp-preclearance-post-added-at-abu-dhabi-international-airport/

KayLayChi:

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.