Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,630 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381439 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeamclicksAir: 1:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
lizcom25: @Teamclicksair. I didn't want the UAE airline because of some past experiences about their stopovers in UAE.
Which one in particular? Doha or Abu Dhabi?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Queenetha(f): 2:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hi dear,
Please what did MIHS send to you cos all dy sent to me was an email confirming my appointment with financials. was that wt was sent to u and wt was sent to u, did it contain the total amount for the delivery?

Thanks a lot.

Freshface: Wow dat was fast! MIHS just sent d appointment confirmation! Dat was superfast! And to think d stories of their delays almost made me not use dem! 2888k! Truly unbeatable! Let's go there!

I think they've changed d Melinda to an Alba. She seems more proficient. Good for dem.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hi everyone! Congratulations to the new mums and dads. God bless your bundles of joy.
Am kinda new on here, although I googled and this thread came up a few months ago. There is soooooo much information here, my very pregnant brain can barely put it all together. So I'll just explain myself and hope for honest helpful advice.
I have a valid US visa obtained in August 2013. We travelled as a family on vacation to Los Angeles in March 2014. I came home with a bun in the oven due early December 2014. Please note I have a son who would be 2 in September.
Thing is, I want to go and have my baby in the US. Of all the options I've seen MIHS appears the cheapest. I'm all about saving cost because I don't have family to stay with in Phoenix Arizona, I'm traveling with my 2 year old and I'm gonna have to enrol him in a daycare while we are there. So I would have plenty other costs apart from hospital bill. So please, is the $2888 of MHIS all inclusive? Hospital and Dr costs for normal delivery? What's the average cost of accommodation and living expenses? What's the cost of getting my son enrolled in a daycare?
Someone mentioned I might get a good deal for hospitals in Atlanta, but it appears most people here are avoiding it. I would also need to rent accommodation etc if I settle for Atlanta. My cousin lives in New York but the hospital bills there are almost scary, plus the weather at that time of year is not inviting. My budget for hospital bill, Dr's bill, paediatrician and tests is 4000 maximum. So please advise me. I would like to travel in October considering I had my first son preterm at 32 weeks.
Time is flying by!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adebunny: 3:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hello everyone, I have been lurking on this thread for about a year but this is my first post ever. Thanks to everyone that has shared their visa interview experiences. I was at the US embassy in Lagos today Aug 22nd for my interview and it's time for me to give back.

Our background briefly, I applied with my husband and 2 year old child, I am currently not working, I and hubby have been to the UK several times while my husband has also been to the US.

Our interview was scheduled for 8 am but we got there 8.20am and were done by 10.15am, find excerpts of the interview below

VO: Morning
Us: G.morning

V.O: So why are you going to Elpaso?
Hubby: To have our second child
VO: Did you have your first child in the US?
Hubby: No, we had our first child in the UK.
VO: Do you have a doctor's correspondence?
Hubby : yes (he presents the letter from doctores para ti)
VO: So how much are you budgeting?
Hubby: about NxM ( he shows VO budget spreadsheet)
VO: what do you do?
Hubby: explains what he does for his company ( VO requests to see his ID card, guess it's because it's an American multinational organisation, he wanted to verify)
VO: how long are you staying ?
Hubby: I plan to spend 3 weeks while my wife and child will be spending 3 months.
VO: (turns to me ) So who will care for you when you go into labour?
Me: My mom
VO: does she live in the US?
Me: No
VO: But she has got a US visa ( pointing to his monitor, trying to tell me he can see it)
Me: yes she has a US visa.

VO: Okay your visa is approved( he goes on to explain that we will be asked questions like this at POE so I should go with all my documents).

We said thanks and he told us to pick up our visa next Tuesday.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by brooklyn20: 4:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
Congrats Adebunny. By God's grace i'll be sharing my testimony by this time next week too. smiley

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ifeoluwawa(f): 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
@MrsFad
This is the contact for accommodation in Dallas +18172......

The number I pasted earlier in the is for JPS hospital and it's this too +18177026500.

Sure you find it useful.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
ifeoluwawa: @MrsFad
This is the contact for accommodation in Dallas +18172......

The number I pasted earlier in the is for JPS hospital and it's this too +18177026500.

Sure you find it useful.

Possible to post the property business website or full physical address?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ifegy: 4:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ubuikeja: Greetings,

Please help! I have chosen doctoresparati.com in El Paso but have a few questions? Has anybody booked the travel tickets using Expedia? Its mentioned on their website but i have never bought tickets so i am unsure.

My other questions is, I will be arriving on Aug 28, I have not decided where to stay. I have been told that Ramada and Intown are very close to the hospital but I also want to stay where I can meet more Nairalanders smiley Please, is there anybody there now or is there anybody going around September For the people that have been there, where is the closest place to the hospital to stay? How far is it, and how much is transportation to my prenatal??

Re bolded, of course you can purchase tickets from travel websites like Expedia, kayak.com, etc. The only issue that might come up is, some foreign websites won't accept credit cards linked to Nigeria, so you might have to shop around (google for travel websites) or ask around to find those that do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Adebunny: 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
@broklyn20 , thanks and wish you luck in your interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 5:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hello house,

Please I would like to ask - what is the earliest age that one can fly with her baby back home after giving birth in the US?

Looking forward to your responses. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by africaintels: 6:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
ella77:

I will be leaving for elpaso tomorrow. Specify d typhoid drugs u want.
hi ella I got this late argumentine 500mg.i am in intownsuite.thanks I appreciate
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by vcole: 6:18pm On Aug 22, 2014
lizcom25: @Teamclicksair. I didn't want the UAE airline because of some past experiences about their stopovers in UAE.
I'm using BA to Dallas as well for September 9th but my lay over is longer at Heathrow. I think BA is d best for this. The uae airlines, it's 16hrs to Dallas from dubai. Loooooonnnnggggg things!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by vcole: 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
africaintels: hi ella I got this late argumentine 500mg.i am in intownsuite.thanks I appreciate
Hi. Please how's intown? Booked to stay there but it's both my sister Inlaw and I as we are both expecting so we took a 2 bed. I hope the rooms are spacious enough.
Looking forward to your reply.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Supermum: 6:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
vcole:
I'm using BA to Dallas as well for September 9th but my lay over is longer at Heathrow. I think BA is d best for this. The uae airlines, it's 16hrs to Dallas from dubai. Loooooonnnnggggg things!

I'm also flying BA to Dallas on Sept 9th. Going to intown suites El Paso. We could hook up as I don't have any company if you don't mind.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by vcole: 7:04pm On Aug 22, 2014
Supermum:

I'm also flying BA to Dallas on Sept 9th. Going to intown suites El Paso. We could hook up as I don't have any company if you don't mind.
Great! Are you leaving from Lagos? Intown doesn't let late check in though. My flight to Dallas gets in after 7pm so I'm gonna stay at a hotel for that night.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Supermum: 7:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
@ vcole, I'm leaving from Lagos but my flight arrives El Paso at about 5.30pm ish so I should be able to make intown before 7pm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TokyoBulls(m): 7:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
raii: Please I want to apply for us visa with my hubby nas a couple but my passport is still in my maiden name. How do I go about it?

This does not affect you in any way as long as you have your marriage certificate and court credentials/newspaper ad.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by miri7b5N: 7:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ubuikeja: Greetings,

Please help! I have chosen doctoresparati.com in El Paso but have a few questions? Has anybody booked the travel tickets using Expedia? Its mentioned on their website but i have never bought tickets so i am unsure.

My other questions is, I will be arriving on Aug 28, I have not decided where to stay. I have been told that Ramada and Intown are very close to the hospital but I also want to stay where I can meet more Nairalanders smiley Please, is there anybody there now or is there anybody going around September For the people that have been there, where is the closest place to the hospital to stay? How far is it, and how much is transportation to my prenatal??

Currently at intown and its nice and close to tbe hospital and clinic. $20 will take you and bring u back to intown.

I've seen studio6 and ramada but dont know of d population of nairalanders der oo, but we plenty for intown.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 22, 2014
Someone should please respond to my earlier post na. Is the $2888 at MHIS inclusive of Dr's bill, hospital bill, tests and paediatrician? Plus why is everyone running from Atlanta, Georgia. What's the cost of accommodation for myself and my toddler son on the average?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hopefulme: 8:25pm On Aug 22, 2014
lizcom25: @hopefulme. My wife is boarding BA on 20th sept at 23.00 arrive London at 5.25am on 21st September. Leave London by 9.30am arrive dallas at 13.35. Depart Dallas 16.20 and arrive Elpaso at 17.00 on 21st Sept.

shocked advantage of leaving from Lagos.Abuja route....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 8:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
MrsDGN: Someone should please respond to my earlier post na. Is the $2888 at MHIS inclusive of Dr's bill, hospital bill, tests and paediatrician? Plus why is everyone running from Atlanta, Georgia. What's the cost of accommodation for myself and my toddler son on the average?

It's all inclusive.
Budget $2k for accommodation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by vcole: 8:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
Supermum: @ vcole, I'm leaving from Lagos but my flight arrives El Paso at about 5.30pm ish so I should be able to make intown before 7pm.
Yea,you should. You are on d AA operated leg from Heathrow to Dallas. I already paid for my ticket before I realized intown won't make provision for check in later than 7pm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
MrsDGN: Someone should please respond to my earlier post na. Is the $2888 at MHIS inclusive of Dr's bill, hospital bill, tests and paediatrician? Plus why is everyone running from Atlanta, Georgia. What's the cost of accommodation for myself and my toddler son on the average?

@MrsDGN I intend to use Gwinett in Atlanta, Georgia ooo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Supermum: 9:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
vcole:
Yea,you should. You are on d AA operated leg from Heathrow to Dallas. I already paid for my ticket before I realized intown won't make provision for check in later than 7pm.

Yes I am. Chose that because it was quicker but I'd have to change terminals unlike if I had booked a BA second leg.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mosopefoluwa: 9:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hi All, pls I would like to know my chances of getting a US visa to go put to bed. I have never travelled out of Nigeria so my passport is just blank since I got it in 2011. Please advice before I go on to apply. I intend travelling alone but I have relatives I can stay with when I get there. Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ubuikeja: 9:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
miri7b5N:

Currently at intown and its nice and close to tbe hospital and clinic. $20 will take you and bring u back to intown.

I've seen studio6 and ramada but dont know of d population of nairalanders der oo, but we plenty for intown.

Thank you! Im planning on getting my tickets this weekend. I just came upon this website recently and God almighty has put the means in front of me. Doctoresparati people have been very good and communication very easy. I was thinking about staying at Ramada but will definately go to Intown now. El Paso, here we come!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeamclicksAir: 10:18pm On Aug 22, 2014
vcole:
lol... well i will use Emirate if i were you its 16hours flight time but the layover is just 1hr compared with BA layover of 9hrs and flight time 10hours....also its cheaper compared to BA.
which ever you choose ... i wish you a splendid flight experience. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 10:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
hopefulme:

shocked advantage of leaving from Lagos.Abuja route....

As in eh. Abuja route is London Chicago , then to elpaso. But that's the best I got. The stress of going to Lagos is too much.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 10:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
@Mrsdgn yes MIHS include all and one emergency visit like not feeling the move of baby and back home only,any thing else cost aloooot. I went first time to emergency caz of travel did feel baby moves good so it was free and they ask me if I don't feel it again I should back when I asked how much they said it could cost about 2000$ it's only ultrasound and they monitor baby heart bet for 30 minutes. And most of there prices later after you ask abut 0 balance latter and takes 3 weeks after delivery. I wish my self and athers no complacatoin during dilevery.

Note: the doctors or nurses really kind and very helpfull exept call center or an appointment stuff not very kind.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hopefulme: 11:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
malory84:

As in eh. Abuja route is London Chicago , then to elpaso. But that's the best I got. The stress of going to Lagos is too much.

Which airline?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 12:52am On Aug 23, 2014
hopefulme:

Which airline?

British Airways

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.