Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381923 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ifegy: 7:43pm On Aug 20, 2014
h0n0rable: Hi peeps, Need some advise on how to get out of an error have found myself.
Went for interview at the lagos embassy on Monday and our session went thus:

Facts: My husband current passport carries same information on old passport except for Age.
My husband really had stopped the use of the old passport and has kept his real Age on the current passport travelling to other parts the world except for our new decision to try US for delivery.
Year in question 2000, his sponsor gave him two task write SAT and get a particular score and he will take care of all other expense. which he did he scored 1360.

Question: how do we clear this air of mix up. we are considering re-applying and answering yes to the denial and explain. But how can we do it better and get it write. I want to have my baby in the USA and we can afford it?

Thanks early response will be appreciated.....

Do you know what section of the immigration act you were denied under? That might help with determining your options.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Web005: 7:54pm On Aug 20, 2014
aykanbi:

I'm pretty new here too. I already have an appointment at WHMC for november and it's my first. Feeling a little overwhelmed. Having someone in same is nice. Won't mind hooking up

I'm in the same boat with you guys o! Leaving 3rd of november
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 9:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
h0n0rable: Hi peeps, Need some advise on how to get out of an error have found myself.

CO: What happen to your Diversity Visa Hubby.
US: Hubby was shocked I never won any DV visa neither did I applied lately
CO: ok may be it might not be you
CO: But am sure you applied for a student visa before?
US: Hubby, yes I did year 2000 but was denied.
.CO: Sorry: you visa is denied and handed us a blue form.

Sorry about your denial. I suspect someone with a similar identity is under the radar at the embassy or maybe your husband's identity has been flagged for falsifications and several desperate applications in the past. He might have been lucky and those issues wouldnt have come up,i guess it wasn't just his lucky day. Check that slip of paper ,If you are allowed to reapply again, make sure you state the facts as they are and apologize to the next VO for the past misrepresentations. Dont mess up your case by explaining the age falsification story,Its never too late to make amends. Sorry once again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ella77(f): 10:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
africaintels: Please I need someone to do a huge favour. Anyone coming to elpaso very soon should please help me buy typhoid drug.i will pay when the person comes.

I will be leaving for elpaso tomorrow. Specify d typhoid drugs u want.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hopefulme: 10:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
ella77:
I will be leaving for elpaso tomorrow. Specify d typhoid drugs u want.
[quote author=ella77]
Please what does your itinary looks like.seems elpaso requires lots of flight route calculations
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by donbusky(m): 2:30am On Aug 21, 2014
Thanks for the response. This el paso waka is just not straightforward.

And wow, that was expensive (for a return ticket for one, I assume). In any case, thank God it was all worth it.

P0rtHarc0urtB0y:

Thanks @ all......

She flew Airfrance from PHC @ 36th week. We bought tickect for N513,000 - 'was really on the high side cuz of summer. The initial itinery was PHC -Paris -Amsterdam - Dallas. However, we were told @ the airport that she couldn't enter (stop-overs o) two EU countries without schengen visa. One can only do one stop-over - we were learners! lols. So they had to re-schedule her itinery to PHC-Paris-Detroit-Dallas and we were made to pay another $200. Detroit was her POE and it was "over smooth". I really doubt if there's a direct flight to El Paso. From Dallas she had the option of flying United Airline to El Paso for $320 with flight duration of 1hr30mins or Delta for $170 with duartion of 6hrs. She opted for United cuz she couldn't sit for another 6hrs after she had already done 16hrs from naija
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ella77(f): 5:04am On Aug 21, 2014
@hopefulme. I booked BA and its routed lagos -london-dallas -elpaso return. I think its straightforward and I bought my ticket abt 3months ago so got it a lot cheaper than that of Port Harcourt boy's wife.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by h0n0rable: 8:51am On Aug 21, 2014
Thanks guys (mamacajah n Tvegas) for your response really appreciate.

@Ifegy I don't know the section of the immigration act, but what the blue paper says is that we cannot appeal this decision at this time but however we can submit another application...

Now I know I have to answer "yes" to the question have you been denied before. then the box why opens?

is it okay to put it in this context that " Two things (1) I answered NO in my initial application instead of YES to been denied before (2) I have my DOB certificate available for verification with my current passport.

Pleeeease!!! smiley Anyone with better WORDING should assist. Plan to submit another application today to get an early date.

Many Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by vcole: 9:17am On Aug 21, 2014
Hi @honorable. It would have been easier if you just filled the form right in the first app. However,in the blue paper,they tell you why they are rejecting you. So read through it and pick out the reason. This recent reason would be why you and your spouse have been rejected this time. So you are both going to fill this on your ds-160 forms. Then your spouse is going to fill the other reason for refusal in 2000 as well. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by vcole: 9:31am On Aug 21, 2014

CO: Gd Morn
US: Good Morning
CO: Why are you going to the US
US: To have our baby
CO: Where?
US: Texas El Paso
CO: How long have you been married?
US: 10 months
CO: Where do u work.
US: ME, Not working at the moment. Hubby: XYZ and Explained what he does for them
CO: What happen to your Diversity Visa Hubby.
US: Hubby was shocked I never won any DV visa neither did I applied lately
CO: ok may be it might not be you
CO: But am sure you applied for a student visa before?
US: Hubby, yes I did year 2000 but was denied.
CO: SO, why did you answered in the appltn form "NO" you have never been denied visa before?
US: Hubby: I stopped using that passport n also bcuz it doesn't caary my real age.
CO: Common, the question asked if you have ever been denied has nothing with your age.
US: hubby: I wanted to forget that part of my past, moreover the passport was prepared for me by my then sponsor.
CO: Sorry: you visa is denied and handed us a blue form.

Facts: My husband current passport carries same information on old passport except for Age.
My husband really had stopped the use of the old passport and has kept his real Age on the current passport travelling to other parts the world except for our new decision to try US for delivery.
Year in question 2000, his sponsor gave him two task write SAT and get a particular score and he will take care of all other expense. which he did he scored 1360.

Question: how do we clear this air of mix up. we are considering re-applying and answering yes to the denial and explain. But how can we do it better and get it write. I want to have my baby in the USA and we can afford it?

Thanks early response will be appreciated.....

The reason he was denied in 2000, did it have anything to do with his age? Cos as long as he no longer uses that passport,it doesn't matter. Firstly, the passport is more than 10yrs old,so it's no longer even valid. The only question the ds-160 asks about previous passports is if you have had any lost or stolen in the past,which you haven't. So just fill another app and answer yes to the previous us visa app/denial and at your next interview,you should be fine. They really don't like "false information " according to them and I know someone who had a similar problem but he re applied and was given the next year.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by beautyx5: 10:16am On Aug 21, 2014
Hello House,

I am considering flying British Airways @35 weeks to el-paso. Can someone share any experiences they have with flying BA whilst pregnant? Especially travelling that late in the pregnancy.

Also apart from the fit to fly document, do I need a valid UK visa or some transit visa of some sort to enable me fly BA?

Thank you for all your help so far. God bless you all!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 21, 2014
yes, ooh.
i did same sent mail to both embassies apologising for not telling them about the reason for my trip. i sent them a mail indicating the fulll details of my trip when i intend to leave the country and where i intend to put to bed, they both replied me that it is okay and that i have been pardoned and i should ensure i have enough money on me to cater for all my expenses. the last paragraph they said congrats to me and my family and wish me a safe delivery.
Yeah preferred abuja response too.
uchetobi:

Doesn't really matter. I sent to both lag and Abuja. Preferred Abuja's response and used that at Poe even though I got my visa in lagos
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 21, 2014
smiley smiley@ freshface am due mid novemeber too. i intend travelling in October we can plan out trips together. i also sent a mail to MIHS and am yet to get any response from them. i have been calling they keeep putting me on hold forever.
i have also called crossland economy and booked accomodation am yet to get their mail, i keep calling everyday please can someone help me with their contact email address they reply to.

Freshface: Hi guys. So I just got back from Boston without any wahala. Planning to travel early october for delivery(due mid november) Since I came back I av bn so busy. I'm yet to concretize any travelling plans as it were. Still looking at MIHS and now houston(only becos I don't want plenty connecting flights) sent an email to Dr Fagbohun, seems like a nice enof dude. D response was prompt. Dr's fee is 2400. U get 20% discount wen u pay full by second visit. Oakbend hosp is 2150. Epidural is 850. Circumcision 500, 1st visit 150, scan 150, labs may run upto 750 depends. Paed is like 250 (these r for normal delivery. This is my 4th baby) My colleague dat used him last year says only good things. Fees was like 5k. I am yet to inform d embassy, mek accomodation plans or book tickets o. MIHS still seems cheaper though. I shud start calling dat their number next week, hopefully they will respond timely. So d MIHS mamas, aw una dey? I dey look una side well! Will let u guys know aw far. Still hoping to hook up second week of october ooo. Don't mind sharing a room for company as well or atleast adjacent rooms. Will help to keep sanity. Meks shopping trips fun as well. Mek una carry me for mind. I'm a nice girl! Lol!
smiley@ freshface am due mid novemeber too. i intend travelling in October we can plan out trips together. i also sent a mail to MIHS and am yet to get any response from them. i have been calling they keeep putting me on hold forever.
i have also called crossland economy and booked accomodation am yet to get their mail, i keep calling everyday please can someone help me with their contact email address they reply to.

Freshface: Hi guys. So I just got back from Boston without any wahala. Planning to travel early october for delivery(due mid november) Since I came back I av bn so busy. I'm yet to concretize any travelling plans as it were. Still looking at MIHS and now houston(only becos I don't want plenty connecting flights) sent an email to Dr Fagbohun, seems like a nice enof dude. D response was prompt. Dr's fee is 2400. U get 20% discount wen u pay full by second visit. Oakbend hosp is 2150. Epidural is 850. Circumcision 500, 1st visit 150, scan 150, labs may run upto 750 depends. Paed is like 250 (these r for normal delivery. This is my 4th baby) My colleague dat used him last year says only good things. Fees was like 5k. I am yet to inform d embassy, mek accomodation plans or book tickets o. MIHS still seems cheaper though. I shud start calling dat their number next week, hopefully they will respond timely. So d MIHS mamas, aw una dey? I dey look una side well! Will let u guys know aw far. Still hoping to hook up second week of october ooo. Don't mind sharing a room for company as well or atleast adjacent rooms. Will help to keep sanity. Meks shopping trips fun as well. Mek una carry me for mind. I'm a nice girl! Lol!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 10:53am On Aug 21, 2014
@honorable, I concur with vcole. Just keep it simple and straightforward. The reason for this refusal was "" and the reason for the previous refusal "". your write up just makes it worse and makes you sound desperate.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 12:26pm On Aug 21, 2014
Babymama123: yes, ooh.
i did same sent mail to both embassies apologising for not telling them about the reason for my trip. i sent them a mail indicating the fulll details of my trip when i intend to leave the country and where i intend to put to bed, they both replied me that it is okay and that i have been pardoned and i should ensure i have enough money on me to cater for all my expenses. the last paragraph they said congrats to me and my family and wish me a safe delivery.
Yeah preferred abuja response too.

hello Babymama,

Really! did they say you have been pardoned?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
Babymama123, can we please see the excerpt of the mail you sent to the embassy and their reply? Did you include your passport number?

Yours seems to have a different twist.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Mrsfad2014: 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
ifeoluwawa:

Twizzie

Well a general custom as u said that am not aware of besides the mail addy isn't mine as a matter of fact. Or what you are insinuating is everyone coming here for the first time must be here to get info on delivery process and not to give info.

and it will interest you to know I had my baby earlier this year in Dallas and going through the trend, discovered most question is on accommodation and hospital which I was fortunate to get an accommodation inclusive of transportation and feeding and was very hospitable. $1250 before delivery for 4weeks and $1400 after delivery for 4weeks which will then depend on how long you intend staying. I didn't pay a dine till I got there and I was picked up at the airport. I Can paste the contact number here if anyone is in need of it. Also I made use of JPS hospital. They have a total package of $6000.
@ Twizzie. Kindly paste the contact. I will really appreciate it

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by SophiaLisa(f): 1:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hi Guys,

I got the visa. Thanks alot!!!!

However, my Sister in law and her hubby (my brother) were denied.

They were however told that they can reapply.

So, what do you guys think? Please share your thoughts.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oyinkay123: 1:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
hello, did your cousin go to the embassy with a referral from her hospital in nigeria?

malory84:

Thesame thing happened to my Cuzin. Could be thesame VO. She just got a breakdown of the cost which was signed. And took it back to them the following day and she was given. I would say your chances are very high. If the VO didn't want to hive you, he/she would have blatantly refused you. They just want to be sure and have your documents I guess. Good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TokyoBulls(m): 2:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
Babymama123: smiley smiley@ freshface am due mid novemeber too. i intend travelling in October we can plan out trips together. i also sent a mail to MIHS and am yet to get any response from them. i have been calling they keeep putting me on hold forever.

smiley@ freshface am due mid novemeber too. i intend travelling in October we can plan out trips together. i also sent a mail to MIHS and am yet to get any response from them. i have been calling they keeep putting me on hold forever.

Please check this http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g56003-d107993-Reviews-Crossland_Economy_Studios_Houston_West_Oaks-Houston_Texas.html

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 2:32pm On Aug 21, 2014
Please I want to apply for us visa with my hubby nas a couple but my passport is still in my maiden name. How do I go about it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 2:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
ebonyademi:

please do they give epidural in MIHS

Yes, it is part of your $2888
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lotalways: 3:41pm On Aug 21, 2014
raii: Please I want to apply for us visa with my hubby nas a couple but my passport is still in my maiden name. How do I go about it?

@raii- Well, i used mine like that, applied with my maiden name cuz that is what is on my passport, but went with my marriage certificate and newspaper change of name during my interview , My visa was approved. My sister also did same. you can apply with your maiden name, its not an issue
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
On Friday, August 15, 2014 9:49 AM, "Lagos, NIV" <LagosNIV@state.gov> wrote:

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note that there is no legal requirement to inform us that you are seeking to give birth in the United States or that your purpose of travel has changed. The Customs and Border Protection, a branch of USCIS, determines a traveler’s eligibility of entry to the U.S, you should be prepared to demonstrate to the immigration officer at the port of entry why you are seeking medical treatment and that you have logistical and financial plans for the treatment.

We recommend that you review the regulations on non-immigrant aliens entering the United States for purposes of childbirth at https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/882/~/visit-the-u.s.-while-pregnant-and-the-risks-involved and plan accordingly. Please you should not stay in the U.S. longer than you are permitted by Customs and Border Protection at the port of entry. The Department of Homeland Security at the port of entry will determine your eligibility to enter the United States on any travel.

If you choose to give birth in the U.S., we advise you to bring evidence of payment, both when you enter the U.S. on this visit, and at your future U.S. visa interviews.

Sincerely,

Correspondence Unit (TOO)
US CONSULATE GENERAL
LAGOS, NIGERIA

On Tuesday, August 19, 2014 1:59 PM, "Consular, Abuja" <ConsularAbuja@state.gov> wrote:

Thank you for your inquiry. You are pardoned but in the nearest future, make all your intentions known.
Before you travel to the United States to have a child you should make the appropriate preparations, including an appointment with a healthcare provider, detailed information about where you will receive your medical services, and an estimate of the financial costs. Immigration officials may ask for this information upon your arrival. Healthcare in the United States is expensive, including costs associated with child birth, and can escalate quickly if there are complications. You are expected to pay all costs associated with the medical services received. Retain an itemized statement of account from your healthcare provider that outlines all of the charges from your care and receipt of your payment.

We hope this information is helpful to you. Congratulations to you and your family.

Best Regards,

Consular Section

US EMBASSY
ABUJA, NIGERIA

-----Original Message-----

To: Lagos, NIV; Consular, Abuja
Subject: Change of travel plans

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to notify the embassy of a change in my travel plans. I have a B1/B2 visa which was obtained for a family reunion/vacation between August 1st and 15th, but my passport was not returned to her on time because of the technical issues at the embassy. I apologize for misrepresentation of collecting the visa issue for vacation purposes, I am pregnant and I have decided to have my baby in the USA. I have contacted a hospital in the USA for this purpose and my sponse and I have adequate finances to cover all expenses.

I understand my visa covers for this purpose but would like to request you kindly update my records to reflect this change in travel plans. Passport no: A00000000000. Also please advise if there is any other thing i would need to do to ensure safe passage at the point of entry.
I will be looking forward to your response. Thank you.

Thank you.

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

Phema: Babymama123, can we please see the excerpt of the mail you sent to the embassy and their reply? Did you include your passport number?

Yours seems to have a different twist.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 21, 2014
^^^ You are one lucky lady! Some others had their visas withdrawn/canceled for same reason. Good to know those VOs are not so inconsiderate afterall.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
Phema: ^^^ You are one lucky lady! Some others had their visas withdrawn/canceled for same reason. Good to know those VOs are not so inconsiderate afterall.
Phema: ^^^ You are one lucky lady! Some others had their visas withdrawn/canceled for same reason. Good to know those VOs are not so inconsiderate afterall.
we really never can predict the response from them at any point in time,the only thing is just always pray for favour.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
yea, it was favour. i doubted their response myself.

chloe7: we really never can predict the response from them at any point in time,the only thing is just always pray for favour.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dsaynt: 4:32pm On Aug 21, 2014
beautyx5: Hello House,

I am considering flying British Airways @35 weeks to el-paso. Can someone share any experiences they have with flying BA whilst pregnant? Especially travelling that late in the pregnancy.

Also apart from the fit to fly document, do I need a valid UK visa or some transit visa of some sort to enable me fly BA?

Thank you for all your help so far. God bless you all!

BA is a good n realiable...layover in the UK is short. You don't need a UK transit visa as you wouldn't even be stepping out of the terminal.
Good luck and all the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by miri7b5N: 4:40pm On Aug 21, 2014
P0rtHarc0urtB0y: With our hearts filled with joy and our mouths filled wth laughter,we give God all the glory for the arrival of our new bouncing baby boy last night @ El Paso, Texas. United States of America.

Speial thanks to @ Miri7b5N for staying with my wife during labor....may the good God always rise to your occassion.....i'm very grateful....i'd ve suffered cardiac arrest yesterday if not for your updates......thanks! thanks!! and thanks!!!

Lol, cardiac arrest bawo? Not our portion. Amen to ur prayers. Thanks.

Thank God for a safe delivery. It was indeed an experience I'ld cherish forever, as I witnessed miracle! My godson was born. Your wife is a warrior! Lolz. And btw, ur son can sleep for El Paso and Nigeria oooo. Ewwww. But he's so adorable and I just wanna carry him all the time.

Our God is good.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by miri7b5N: 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
TokyoBulls:

Please does she need to carry that kind of cash on her for travel? As in raw cash of over 1.5M? Isn't that risky? I was thinking she needs to carry a card on her with her account statement.

She doesn't have to hold everything in cash if you're not comfortable with that. She can hold half of it and put the remaining on her master or visa card that will not messs her up oo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
chloe7: we really never can predict the response from them at any point in time,the only thing is just always pray for favour.

I tell you!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by aykanbi: 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
Web005:

I'm in the same boat with you guys o! Leaving 3rd of november

Which hospital are you using. My flight is on the 9th

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.