Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,433 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381272 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 8:45am On Aug 20, 2014
@TokyoBulls

Please stop recommending somebody you don't know and never met to people here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ebonyademi: 8:52am On Aug 20, 2014
ozycy: . Congrats Blesyn83, welcome prince charming

please do they give epidural in MIHS
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by fowopere: 9:24am On Aug 20, 2014
Wow that sounds good. But how can one get in touch with her?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 10:28am On Aug 20, 2014
TokyoBulls:

We are using Methodist West Houston Hospital and Dr Geoffrey Andrews Zimmerman. She will be travelling (by God's grace) on October 3. The total hospital bill for normal delivery is $3,100 and doctor charged us $1,600.

Hello Tokyobulls,

Please can you share contact of this doctor. I am getting dr quotes of US$2,500 and am still shopping around for a cheaper one in the Houston area, if available.

Also does the 1k6 cover ANC visits, USS and so on i.e are there other "hidden charges"?

Many thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TokyoBulls(m): 10:37am On Aug 20, 2014
justwise: @TokyoBulls

I'm using the person and I've spoken to her a couple of times. I have several people I know in Nigeria who have used her services and did't complain. BTW. Do I know the hospital I paid 3,100 USD to? Do I know Dr. Zimmerman Andrews I paid 1,600 USD to? She's not asking for an upfront and she was recommended to me. Please calm down. Have you met the doctor you paid to?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TokyoBulls(m): 10:43am On Aug 20, 2014
anonymousmum:

Hello Tokyobulls,

Please can you share contact of this doctor. I am getting dr quotes of US$2,500 and am still shopping around for a cheaper one in the Houston area, if available.

Also does the 1k6 cover ANC visits, USS and so on i.e are there other "hidden charges"?

Many thanks.

That was the quotation (1,600 USD) I got from the OBGYN (Dr. Geoffrey Andrews Zimmerman). That's all inclusive for normal child birth. IF you will be going through a C-section, he charges 2,100 USD. His address and contact are 2222 Greenhouse Road. Suite 300. Houston TX 77084. Tel: 281-398-8484. Note that they close 12.30 pm on Fridays and I think same on Wednesdays. They usually work between 08.30 am and 5.30 pm so you can schedule your calls. I think the best time to call is around 3 pm Nigerian time.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by justwise(m): 10:54am On Aug 20, 2014
TokyoBulls:

I'm using the person and I've spoken to her a couple of times. I have several people I know in Nigeria who have used her services and did't complain. BTW. Do I know the hospital I paid 3,100 USD to? Do I know Dr. Zimmerman Andrews I paid 1,600 USD to? She's not asking for an upfront and she was recommended to me. Please calm down. Have you met the doctor you paid to?

justwise: @TokyoBulls

I really don't have time to keep repeating myself, hope you get the message.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 20, 2014
Mamatukwas: [[b]b]
please I need the doctor's no and I'm in Atlanta now and I need to see a doctor ASAP
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lotalways: 12:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
[quote author=Freshface]So I got this from Abuja:

Thank you for your inquiry. Before you travel to the United States to have a child you should make the appropriate preparations, including an appointment with a healthcare provider, detailed information about where you will receive your medical services, and an estimate of the financial costs. Immigration officials may ask for this information upon your arrival.  Healthcare in the United States is expensive, including costs associated with child birth, and can escalate quickly if there are complications. You are expected to pay all costs associated with the medical services received.  Retain an itemized statement of account from your healthcare provider that outlines all of the charges from your care and receipt of your payment. 

We hope this information is helpful to you. Congratulations to you and your family.

Best Regards,

Consular Section

@Freshface- Pls can i get a sample of the mail you sent to inform the embassy that you will be going to the US for child's birth and the email addresses used pls. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Lotalways: 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
ebonyademi:

yes they do

please do they give epidural in MIHS
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dsaynt: 12:36pm On Aug 20, 2014
trav: Please I will appreciate needed info on how to go about signing the consent letter at the USA embassy. Does it require any payments and what time do they attend to people? Thanks

Just go to the US embassy site (google for the exact link) book an appointment and head over there. If it is to notorize the letter of consent its free but if its other documents i belive its $50 payable in $ or naira equivalent. Make sure you go along with a copy of your passport datapage. Fill the form but do not sign it! This you will do infront of the consular official.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 1:09pm On Aug 20, 2014
Lotalways:

Lagos or Abuja. Lagos - LagosNIV@state.gov, Abuja - consularabuja@state.gov.

Subject: Change in travel plans

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to notify the embassy of a change in my travel plans. I have a B1/B2 visa which was obtained for a family vacation. I am pregnant and we have decided to have our baby in the USA. I have contacted a hospital in the USA for this purpose and we have adequate finances to cover all expenses.

I understand my visa covers for this purpose but would like to request you kindly update my records to reflect this change in travel plans. Also please advise if there is any other thing i would need to do.

Thank you.

Dats d sample I got from d thread dear.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dsaynt: 1:31pm On Aug 20, 2014
P0rtHarc0urtB0y: With our hearts filled with joy and our mouths filled wth laughter,we give God all the glory for the arrival of our new bouncing baby boy last night @ El Paso, Texas. United States of America.

Speial thanks to @ Miri7b5N for staying with my wife during labor....may the good God always rise to your occassion.....i'm very grateful....i'd ve suffered cardiac arrest yesterday if not for your updates......thanks! thanks!! and thanks!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! God bless your little one and the rest of your family!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by P0rtHarc0urtB0y: 1:37pm On Aug 20, 2014
donbusky: Congrats @P0rtHarc0urtB0y. May God grant mother and baby good health and safe journey back.

Please what was your wife's itinerary to El Paso? As per, what airline and P.O.E did she use? Also did she book directly to El Paso from Nigeria, or did she have to get the flight to El Paso herself after landing and how was the experience vis a vis cost?

My wife will be travelling in a couple of months to El Paso as well and we are considering options.

Thanks as you reply.

Thanks @ all......

She flew Airfrance from PHC @ 36th week. We bought tickect for N513,000 - 'was really on the high side cuz of summer. The initial itinery was PHC -Paris -Amsterdam - Dallas. However, we were told @ the airport that she couldn't enter (stop-overs o) two EU countries without schengen visa. One can only do one stop-over - we were learners! lols. So they had to re-schedule her itinery to PHC-Paris-Detroit-Dallas and we were made to pay another $200. Detroit was her POE and it was "over smooth". I really doubt if there's a direct flight to El Paso. From Dallas she had the option of flying United Airline to El Paso for $320 with flight duration of 1hr30mins or Delta for $170 with duartion of 6hrs. She opted for United cuz she couldn't sit for another 6hrs after she had already done 16hrs from naija

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oyinkay123: 2:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
hello all, its my first time here, i went for my interview on tuesday, i told the VO i will be having my baby in the US. after all the questions and answers session, the VO requested for my evidence that i've contacted a hospital in the US, which i then handed over my email correspondences to her. after going through it, she said i should contact the hospital and equest for a detailed budget for delivery and then return to the embassy on thursday, which is tomorrow. she gave me a form to come with. what are the assurances of getting the visa.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
@Portharcourtboy, congratulations to you and your family!!! Hope mum and baby are doing well? Regards! kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 2:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
TokyoBulls:
That was the quotation (1,600 USD) I got from the OBGYN (Dr. Geoffrey Andrews Zimmerman). That's all inclusive for normal child birth. IF you will be going through a C-section, he charges 2,100 USD. His address and contact are 2222 Greenhouse Road. Suite 300. Houston TX 77084. Tel: 281-398-8484. Note that they close 12.30 pm on Fridays and I think same on Wednesdays. They usually work between 08.30 am and 5.30 pm so you can schedule your calls. I think the best time to call is around 3 pm Nigerian time.

hey tokyo,

thanks so much for this info, will reach out to them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
oyinkay123: hello all, its my first time here, i went for my interview on tuesday, i told the VO i will be having my baby in the US. after all the questions and answers session, the VO requested for my evidence that i've contacted a hospital in the US, which i then handed over my email correspondences to her. after going through it, she said i should contact the hospital and equest for a detailed budget for delivery and then return to the embassy on thursday, which is tomorrow. she gave me a form to come with. what are the assurances of getting the visa.

Did you not have the breakdown before you went for the interview? What hospital is that? Which embassy?

I think you should tell the hospital to send you the breakdown of all the bills you will be paying. Print this and go back to the embassy.

Your chances of getting the visa seem high if you provide what they want.

Goodluck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by anonymousmum: 2:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
oyinkay123: hello all, its my first time here, i went for my interview on tuesday, i told the VO i will be having my baby in the US. after all the questions and answers session, the VO requested for my evidence that i've contacted a hospital in the US, which i then handed over my email correspondences to her. after going through it, she said i should contact the hospital and equest for a detailed budget for delivery and then return to the embassy on thursday, which is tomorrow. she gave me a form to come with. what are the assurances of getting the visa.

There are no assurances, but really, all you can do is to do as she has asked.

At least she did not deny you outright so you are still in the game, good luck
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Kween2014: 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2014

@oyinkay123, like Phema said, your chances are really high as long as you do what is being asked of you.

Get a breakdown of the expected cost of delivery from the hospital and prepare a spreadsheet based on this and funds available in your account statement. All will be well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by africaintels: 2:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
Please I need someone to do a huge favour. Anyone coming to elpaso very soon should please help me buy typhoid drug.i will pay when the person comes.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oyinkay123: 2:27pm On Aug 20, 2014
i didnt have the breakdown, i only went there with email correspondences to show i made part payment which is $4000. the hospital is Lankenau medical centre, pennsylvania (ABuja Embassy)

Phema:

Did you not have the breakdown before you went for the interview? What hospital is that? Which embassy?

I think you should tell the hospital to send you the breakdown of all the bills you will be paying. Print this and go back to the embassy.

Your chances of getting the visa seem high if you provide what they want.

Goodluck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
oyinkay123: i didnt have the breakdown, i only went there with email correspondences to show i made part payment which is $4000. the hospital is Lankenau medical centre, pennsylvania (ABuja Embassy)

Ok then. Just go back with a breakdown of the hospital bills including your personal expenses. Prepare a spreadsheet detailing your total expected expenditure, which should be within your budget.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Laura4u(f): 3:01pm On Aug 20, 2014
Freshface: Lotalways:

Lagos or Abuja. Lagos - LagosNIV@state.gov, Abuja - consularabuja@state.gov.

Subject: Change in travel plans

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to notify the embassy of a change in my travel plans. I have a B1/B2 visa which was obtained for a family vacation. I am pregnant and we have decided to have our baby in the USA. I have contacted a hospital in the USA for this purpose and we have adequate finances to cover all expenses.

I understand my visa covers for this purpose but would like to request you kindly update my records to reflect this change in travel plans. Also please advise if there is any other thing i would need to do.

Thank you.

Dats d sample I got from d thread dear.

@Freshface- please did you write your name and passport number in the mail you sent top the embassy?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 3:31pm On Aug 20, 2014

Thesame thing happened to my Cuzin. Could be thesame VO. She just got a breakdown of the cost which was signed. And took it back to them the following day and she was given. I would say your chances are very high. If the VO didn't want to hive you, he/she would have blatantly refused you. They just want to be sure and have your documents I guess. Good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 3:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
Please has anybody used Chicago Poe ? Are they strict on preggy women? Cuz I just booked british airways and Chicago is their Poe. Trying to avoid houston and Atlanta by all means possible. Lol.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oyinkay123: 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
ok then, thanks a lot

malory84:

Thesame thing happened to my Cuzin. Could be thesame VO. She just got a breakdown of the cost which was signed. And took it back to them the following day and she was given. I would say your chances are very high. If the VO didn't want to hive you, he/she would have blatantly refused you. They just want to be sure and have your documents I guess. Good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 3:48pm On Aug 20, 2014
Laura4u:

@Freshface- please did you write your name and passport number in the mail you sent top the embassy?

You don't need to write your passport number, but try and write your name. I wrote my name and they replied me addressing me by my name, which I really liked, at least it doesn't make it feel like a generic response.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
Laura4u, I didn't include name n passport number. A colleague had issues at houston POE in June when they asked if she had informed d embassy. She said she did dropbox n even had 15k on her. Her saving grace was dat she began to have visible contractions before their eyes n they were even about to call EMS for her before she did her abracadabra for d contractions to stop! Lol! So I guess it's important to inform dem incase they ask.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by jyde2014: 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2014
oyinkay123: i didnt have the breakdown, i only went there with email correspondences to show i made part payment which is $4000. the hospital is Lankenau medical centre, pennsylvania (ABuja Embassy)

Just get the total breakdown given to you by the hospital and doctor. you shld be fine.
Pls what is the total cost of both doctor and hospital charges in this hospital? also if u have any contact, pls kindly give to me.
thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by h0n0rable: 5:02pm On Aug 20, 2014
Hi peeps, Need some advise on how to get out of an error have found myself.
Went for interview at the lagos embassy on Monday and our session went thus:

CO: Gd Morn
US: Good Morning
CO: Why are you going to the US
US: To have our baby
CO: Where?
US: Texas El Paso
CO: How long have you been married?
US: 10 months
CO: Where do u work.
US: ME, Not working at the moment. Hubby: XYZ and Explained what he does for them
CO: What happen to your Diversity Visa Hubby.
US: Hubby was shocked I never won any DV visa neither did I applied lately
CO: ok may be it might not be you
CO: But am sure you applied for a student visa before?
US: Hubby, yes I did year 2000 but was denied.
CO: SO, why did you answered in the appltn form "NO" you have never been denied visa before?
US: Hubby: I stopped using that passport n also bcuz it doesn't caary my real age.
CO: Common, the question asked if you have ever been denied has nothing with your age.
US: hubby: I wanted to forget that part of my past, moreover the passport was prepared for me by my then sponsor.
CO: Sorry: you visa is denied and handed us a blue form.

Facts: My husband current passport carries same information on old passport except for Age.
My husband really had stopped the use of the old passport and has kept his real Age on the current passport travelling to other parts the world except for our new decision to try US for delivery.
Year in question 2000, his sponsor gave him two task write SAT and get a particular score and he will take care of all other expense. which he did he scored 1360.

Question: how do we clear this air of mix up. we are considering re-applying and answering yes to the denial and explain. But how can we do it better and get it write. I want to have my baby in the USA and we can afford it?

Thanks early response will be appreciated.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by mamacajah: 7:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
@honourable, I am quite sorry about your experience. out of fear, I also had this negative experience when i lied on a previous application that I had not been denied but I was found out and refused a second time. Since then, I learnt to never hide the fact that I was denied, I always state it in all my applications and I have not had any refusals again. The truth pays always.

For this situation, I would advise that you reapply but state everything as it is. when asked about reasons for refusal, be straight forward and truthful. Hopefully with prayers, you will be successful.

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.