Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? (1381577 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 5:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
@babymama123

I have seen people visa cancelled for the the same reason, even a nairalander on this thread has had her visa cancelled. you are very lucky and favoured. All the best smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Tvegas(m): 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
Babymama123: yes, ooh.
i did same sent mail to both embassies apologising for not telling them about the reason for my trip. i sent them a mail indicating the fulll details of my trip when i intend to leave the country and where i intend to put to bed, they both replied me that it is okay and that i have been pardoned

I must confess you are one lucky lady, others have gotten their visas cancelled for lesser issues. Give God the glory for this and let honesty be your watchword for the future. This reminds me of the bible verse " I will have mercy on whom i will have mercy". I wish you safe delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by malory84: 6:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
[quote author=oyinkay123]hello, did your cousin go to the embassy with a referral from her hospital in nigeria?

No she didnt .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 6:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
Tokyobulls thank u for d acc link. I'm on it.

Babymama: congrats jare! We r on d same boat and e be like say u carry favour berekete! We can definitely hook up. Let me tap ur own join my own! Lol

As for MIHS I just called dem now as I didn't get any reply to d mail. It went thru one hand. I av an appointment now, d lady said she'll send an email confirmation. Let me wait n see.

Still working on d accomodation though. D airfare my agent sent seems to be quite high. I think i'll wait till september n see if it will fall. MIHS mamas pls which is d most direct route to phoenix? I'm travelling at 35wks plus I need an airline dat will fly me then pls.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 6:29pm On Aug 21, 2014
Wow dat was fast! MIHS just sent d appointment confirmation! Dat was superfast! And to think d stories of their delays almost made me not use dem! 2888k! Truly unbeatable! Let's go there!

I think they've changed d Melinda to an Alba. She seems more proficient. Good for dem.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 6:42pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hello, i have few questions. my sister in law been disturbing me to help with the MIHS stuff, although am in USA but i barely know anything about it.

1. How do we get the appointment confirmation, her EDD is feb 2015?
2. Is MIHS only located in phoenix?
3. after getting the appointment confirmation, what is the next step?
I will appreciate if i get a reply asap. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 7:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
zeezahbee: Hello, i have few questions. my sister in law been disturbing me to help with the MIHS stuff, although am in USA but i barely know anything about it.
1. How do we get the appointment confirmation, her EDD is feb 2015?
2. Is MIHS only located in phoenix?
3. after getting the appointment confirmation, what is the next step?
I will appreciate if i get a reply asap. Thanks

Let me try to help ....

1. To get the apointment you will need to call the women clinic department of MIHS and book an appointment. I don't have the number available with me but you can get it somewhere in this thread. Make your sister's full name, age, DOB and email address readily available as you could be asked for them.

2. Yes, MIHS is only available in phoenix.

3. The next step after getting the appointment confirmation is to plan accomodation in phoenix, travel visa to the US if she doesn't have already, travel tickets and stuff like that.....

It will help to go through MIHS website which contains the maternal contract document and the pages on this thread which contains people experiences and detailed plans of others that have gone through the birthing project.

Hope this info helps......
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 8:00pm On Aug 21, 2014
@ella77. Book same route BA ticket for my wife in July 2014. It was N365K. She will be leaving 20th September
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by zeezahbee(f): 8:08pm On Aug 21, 2014
thank you oawele. i really appreciate. the question now is will they give her the appointment confirmation since her EDD is still febuary and can she go for the visa interview immediately she get the confirmation
oawele:

Let me try to help ....

1. To get the apointment you will need to call the women clinic department of MIHS and book an appointment. I don't have the number available with me but you can get it somewhere in this thread. Make your sister's full name, age, DOB and email address readily available as you could be asked for them.

2. Yes, MIHS is only available in phoenix.

3. The next step after getting the appointment confirmation is to plan accomodation in phoenix, travel visa to the US if she doesn't have already, travel tickets and stuff like that.....

It will help to go through MIHS website which contains the maternal contract document and the pages on this thread which contains people experiences and detailed plans of others that have gone through the birthing project.

Hope this info helps......
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by oawele: 8:30pm On Aug 21, 2014
Well, there is no harm in trying to call them and get an your appointment confirmation sorted and out of the way while you make other logistical plan you might need like where you SIL would like to stay, who will be helping her there when the baby comes....stuffs like that. All this plans will help in preparing for the visa application\interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dserious: 8:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
Feels good to see pple using my email template of change of travel plans and getting +ve responses frm d embassy cool the tread is such a blessing to us

@freshface, babymama and all Phoenix intends, nice to see we are increasing in number by the day (even tho im still lukin for a good deal in maryland). Im travelling end sept. @nerfitiram recommended a hotel, siesta palms or so, really affordable and inclusive of meals; u can google dat, its a good deal for accomodation

@freshface, which email appt did u get from MIHS - Financial or doctors appt; cos my appt is with financials even tho i requested to book an appt with a doctor

P
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by dserious: 9:06pm On Aug 21, 2014
And pls which airline can one take if travelling at 37+ weeks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by hopefulme: 9:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
lizcom25: @ella77. Book same route BA ticket for my wife in July 2014. It was N365K. She will be leaving 20th September
Please how did the route to elpaso?The one am seeing seems one will sleep in London to leave next day.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Freshface: 10:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
Dserious! Pls be serious! Which kind 37wks travel be dat nah! I hope u know dat 37wk is a full term pregnancy n labour can start anytime! Abeg ooo! Re-adjust! Besides I dunno which doctor will certify u fit to fly at term oooo!

As for d appointment I got d one for financial. She said she'll give me Dr's appointment after d financial. Anyway we can only pray for d best sha, I wud av loved a letter of commitment from a doctor really. I might av to present Dr Fagbohun's own anyway. Let's see aw d spirit leads.

Dat Nefertim's accomodation I tot it was unfurnished? I'll look at it again.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Babe16: 10:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hello everyone and congrats to the new dad's and mum's. Pls Phoenix mama's which accommodations are ok and wats the price. Pls am trying to get a reservation so I can apply for the visa. Besides I called MIHS today and received an appointment confirmation for financial counsellor. Pls will that be ok to present at d embassy if asked for correspondence wit the hospital? Thanks and awaiting a reply especially on the accommodation.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 11:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
Dear Moms please don't come Phoenix or ather states on 31 weeks or more. One of ladies very good and fet in nija but of late weeks of pregnancy and along trip to Phoenix. She had complacatoin lost too much blood. Her bills rise to 73000 $ plus the package. God bless and help all Moms.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by ifegy: 3:55am On Aug 22, 2014
h0n0rable: Thanks guys (mamacajah n Tvegas) for your response really appreciate.

@Ifegy I don't know the section of the immigration act, but what the blue paper says is that we cannot appeal this decision at this time but however we can submit another application...

Now I know I have to answer "yes" to the question have you been denied before. then the box why opens?

is it okay to put it in this context that " Two things (1) I answered NO in my initial application instead of YES to been denied before (2) I have my DOB certificate available for verification with my current passport.

Pleeeease!!! smiley Anyone with better WORDING should assist. Plan to submit another application today to get an early date.

Many Thanks.

Apologies as my earlier post may not have been clear. I thought they may indicated the section you were denied under on the document you were given, eg section 214(b), section 212, etc; each of which has different meanings/implications. Regardless, as pointed out, honesty is key in future apps.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ibtisam24: 5:39am On Aug 22, 2014
Sorry I meant not coming on 34 weeks and after should be early for your sefty.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by raii: 8:23am On Aug 22, 2014
Lotalways:

@raii- Well, i used mine like that, applied with my maiden name cuz that is what is on my passport, but went with my marriage certificate and newspaper change of name during my interview , My visa was approved. My sister also did same. you can apply with your maiden name, its not an issue

Thanks Lot. Makes a lot of sense

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 9:11am On Aug 22, 2014
@dserious, please be serious o!!! Lol at rhymes!!! 37 weeks? odikwa risky abeg!! Have you read ibtisam's post? She is currently in Phoenix and she has told everyone not to fly after 34 weeks!!
@zeezabhee, ehen, guru on top student visa thread! a jew here!! hehehehe..I been don dey admire say dis babe sabi o.. me sef sabi pass you on top this matter..hehehehe...Anyways, Oawale has answered you well. Note though that you will only get an appointment with financials.No doctors appointment till you come in person and pay..(They used to give doc's appt before but this is the latest trend). You could try calling them from there maybe they'd give a better response. They will ask her for a time frame for her appt, so her response and their availability of free slots will determine the time..And yes, she should be able to use that for her visa appt, it's better you start early..Make sure she has the accomodation sorted out, a budget(spread sheet) of all expenses to be incurred and correspondences with the hospital. Also, tell her to read this thread from beginning to the end. It will help her.

@freshface, d neferitiam's accommodation is furnished, but you have to come along with your bed covers and cooking utensils.. Checked the place out though and the total for 28 days as from October is $1480, so I really don't see much difference..But if you consider the the free meals, e make sense..

@tokyobulls, Please let her hold some cash..It isn't advisable to get to POE without any cash..Someone has been allowed in on this thread with $1500 while another was sent back even though she had paid half of her hospital bills and still had about $4000(I think) with her; also on this thread.. She is an adult na..she should take at least 7k on her and keep the rest in her cards..Make she no fly Arik sha cos I heard them they pilfer no be small..

MIHS bound moms seems to be increasing by the day! But I think it will be advisable not travel in a pack so as not to attract un-necessary attention to oneself. Imagine having three big belles together..lol...
dserious: And pls which airline can one take if travelling at 37+ weeks

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 9:15am On Aug 22, 2014
@MrsFad2014, I didn't put that up, I was only mentioned in it by Ifeoluwawa..She later put the number up so check all her post, you should be able to get it..
Mrsfad2014: @ Twizzie. Kindly paste the contact. I will really appreciate it

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeamclicksAir: 9:51am On Aug 22, 2014
Lotalways:

@raii- Well, i used mine like that, applied with my maiden name cuz that is what is on my passport, but went with my marriage certificate and newspaper change of name during my interview , My visa was approved. My sister also did same. you can apply with your maiden name, its not an issue
awesome

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 9:53am On Aug 22, 2014
@hopefulme. My wife is boarding BA on 20th sept at 23.00 arrive London at 5.25am on 21st September. Leave London by 9.30am arrive dallas at 13.35. Depart Dallas 16.20 and arrive Elpaso at 17.00 on 21st Sept.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeamclicksAir: 10:06am On Aug 22, 2014
lizcom25: @hopefulme. My wife is boarding BA on 20th sept at 23.00 arrive London at 5.25am on 21st September. Leave London by 9.30am arrive dallas at 13.35. Depart Dallas 16.20 and arrive Elpaso at 17.00 on 21st Sept.
thats some long ride
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 10:32am On Aug 22, 2014
That was the cheapest and I also wanted to avoid Houston and Atlanta.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by GenoMI: 11:44am On Aug 22, 2014
Good morning house,

Please I would like to ask - what is the earliest age that one can fly with her baby back home after giving birth in the US?

Looking forward to your responses. Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by TeamclicksAir: 11:52am On Aug 22, 2014
lizcom25: That was the cheapest and I also wanted to avoid Houston and Atlanta.
british airways the cheapest... shocked did you try Qatar or Etihad... for same 20th . Qatar is from 174 while Etihad from 265. both with lay over at Dallas. but if you dont mind 22nd you can still get it cheaper.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by nefertitiram: 11:54am On Aug 22, 2014
Freshface: Dserious! Pls be serious! Which kind 37wks travel be dat nah! I hope u know dat 37wk is a full term pregnancy n labour can start anytime! Abeg ooo! Re-adjust! Besides I dunno which doctor will certify u fit to fly at term oooo!

As for d appointment I got d one for financial. She said she'll give me Dr's appointment after d financial. Anyway we can only pray for d best sha, I wud av loved a letter of commitment from a doctor really. I might av to present Dr Fagbohun's own anyway. Let's see aw d spirit leads.

Dat Nefertim's accomodation I tot it was unfurnished? I'll look at it again.

It's furnished but doesn't come with beddings and utensils, u have to get those yourself, bt not really a big deal
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Pamperme: 12:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
GenoMI: Good morning house,

Please I would like to ask - what is the earliest age that one can fly with her baby back home after giving birth in the US?

Looking forward to your responses. Thank you.

Two weeks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by twizzie: 1:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
How far is it from MIHS please?
nefertitiram:

It's furnished but doesn't come with beddings and utensils, u have to get those yourself, bt not really a big deal
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by lizcom25: 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
@Teamclicksair. I didn't want the UAE airline because of some past experiences about their stopovers in UAE.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? by Ubuikeja: 1:26pm On Aug 22, 2014
Greetings,

Please help! I have chosen doctoresparati.com in El Paso but have a few questions? Has anybody booked the travel tickets using Expedia? Its mentioned on their website but i have never bought tickets so i am unsure.

My other questions is, I will be arriving on Aug 28, I have not decided where to stay. I have been told that Ramada and Intown are very close to the hospital but I also want to stay where I can meet more Nairalanders smiley Please, is there anybody there now or is there anybody going around September For the people that have been there, where is the closest place to the hospital to stay? How far is it, and how much is transportation to my prenatal??

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (402)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.