Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Student Visa Success Stories - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Student Visa Success Stories (20286 Views)

Bank Sponsorship & Visa Success: Any Difference? / My Student Visa Success Today / Tourism/visiting Visa Success Stories: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Visa Success Stories by damola08: 5:24pm On Oct 08, 2007
@paribus
pls i will like to know if u paid for the tenancy agreement u included in ur application.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by tjadeba(m): 5:31pm On Oct 08, 2007
has anybody in the house been succesful with this APTECH final year UK admission?i see in the newspapers and i really want to know its authenticity, thanks
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by mizztee(f): 8:00pm On Oct 08, 2007
yes i deferred it till Sept 2008. Call them to find out if ur dept allows u to resume in January
Rare:

@Mizztee

So what did you do? Deferred your admission to Sheffield? Still plan to be theresome other time? Let's talk

You're the first prospective student I eventually met going to Sheffield after searching here so long.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by paribus(m): 10:04am On Oct 09, 2007
damola_007:

@paribus
please i will like to know if u paid for the tenancy agreement u included in your application.

Yes i did. Tenancy agreement is actually a legally binding document between the tenant and the landlord. For this document to have been signed by the tenant and landlord, it would mean the tenant have the legal right to occupy the indicated property for the stipulated period of time. This would only happen (in most cases i believe) on the payment of 1 month rent in advance and a deposit equivalent to 1 month rent). I doubt if you would get a tenancy agreement without this payment but then again you never know. Regards
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by mayayi: 12:42am On Oct 18, 2007
@ Paribus,
nice meeting you.Sorry for asking you all these questions;
I ve applied for VISA twice and denied because of little or no excuse.1st, i was denied because i forget to explain what i did for a 3years gap between my secondary school; and before i entered University which i explained in my 2nd application.At my 2nd application,i also denied because of my sponsor biz details. Can i use my bank statement which is domiciliary and saving account only.After paid my full school fees and 5 weeks rent paid in advance.I only have 500k left in my account,Can i just forget about my sponsor and use my account for VISA application this time around.Can i get a tenancy agreement from school.I will be glad if you can send a copy of YOUR SPREAD SHEET.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by tjadeba(m): 3:23pm On Oct 18, 2007
please can anyone address this issue of gaps between going from one level of study to the other.It has always been a question they ask at the BHC, like a friend who had a gap of 12 years after his SSCE before he got an addmission to the university and after finishing he has secured a UK admission for his MSc, do you think this question will not come up in this my friend's case?as a matter of fact,my friend was working in all those 12 years
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by mayayi: 1:31pm On Oct 19, 2007
@ paribus
Your reply his highly needed urgently
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by paribus(m): 3:18pm On Oct 19, 2007
mayayi:

Can i use my bank statement which is domiciliary and saving account only.After paid my full school fees and 5 weeks rent paid in advance.I only have 500k left in my account,Can i just forget about my sponsor and use my account for VISA application this time around.Can i get a tenancy agreement from school.I will be glad if you can send a copy of YOUR SPREAD SHEET.

With regards to using your own accounts as evidence of ability to afford living expenses, i think you should be able to. In my case i didn't have the luxury of a sponsor so i had to use my personal accounts, also as i was being accompanied with family, even if i was able to get a 'sponsor' then, i was not quite sure how the story of a private sponsor willing to sponsor myself and family would sound with the bhc guys so i decided to do everything on my own account.

For the 5 weeks rent paid, i presume this is a private accomodation and that you have the tenancy agreement (or university letter indicating guaranteed acommodation if the place you have secured is a uni accomodation) as evidence of accomodation. However since only 5 weeks have been paid in advance, i reckon you'll still need to provide evidence of being able to afford the expenses for the rest of your study period. The 500k is roughly about 2k GBP so i'm not quite sure if it would be a good idea to tender this alone, except of course you have evidence of other income sources that would take care of the expenses. University would normally issue you with a tenancy agreement but might not be as extensive as for a private accomodation (not that this matters one bit though) and in most cases could be just a covering letter indicating that you have paid for and have a place reserve for you. In my case as i was being accompanied by child, the tenancy agreement requirements was much more explicit, requiring the agreement to indicate room sizes, exclusive use of a specified bedrooms etc. I don't think this is the case for a single student.

Really in my case, since i knew i was going to be covering my expenses personally, i had opened a dom account about over a year back and had regularly converted some of my income coming through my current account to GPB and depositing same in my dom account. My thinking is that even for a dom account, the source of funds still needs to be traced. Also all transactions i did with my university was from the dom account and all the records were reflected on the bank statement. It might be helpful if you could wait till the funds in your account can adequately cover your living expenses and sources are indicated.

I'll mail the spreadsheet shortly. Regards

tjadeba:

please can anyone address this issue of gaps between going from one level of study to the other.It has always been a question they ask at the BHC, like a friend who had a gap of 12 years after his SSCE before he got an addmission to the university and after finishing he has secured a UK admission for his MSc, do you think this question will not come up in this my friend's case?as a matter of fact,my friend was working in all those 12 years

In my own case, i had a gap of about 11 years between now and my 1st degree. I explained that i have been in employment during this period and presented a letter from my employment detailing employment history and also professional IT certifications for about every year covering these period. Also my first degree was engr while my intended 2nd is in computing so i felt i needed to provide evidence that i've been working in IT since my 1st degree to clarify any questions on relevancy of 2nd degree course. In your case i'm not sure of the bhc guys perception as the gap is between secondary and 1st degree but i think providing carefully detailing activities (and providing solid evidence) between that period might help. Regards
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by mayayi: 4:14am On Oct 20, 2007
@
I do appreciate for contribution alot.Are you saying that i can ignore my formal sponsor by he writting a letter saying that he is no more responsible for my sponsorship.So i can now use my saving account and my dom account.Or what did you think?
Beside,i don't know if i can use my in law to support my account as my sponsor i.e calling him my uncle for BHC guys.He is a lecture at one of Nigeria Universities and he has travelled to UK and some order countries.
I am planning to apply by Nov. for Jan intake.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by mayayi: 8:51am On Oct 25, 2007
@ Paribus
Plz,kindly answer my question becos i am planning to re apply by mid of Nov.

T hanks in advance.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by paribus(m): 9:40pm On Oct 26, 2007
mayayi:

@ Paribus
Please,kindly answer my question because i am planning to re apply by mid of Nov.

T hanks in advance.

Apologies for the delayed response. School has been really engaging with barely little time left for anything else. My earlier explanation was only to emphasise that there's nothing against being self-sponsored as long as the source of funds is proven. However switching from being sponsored to self-sponsorship might be dependent on the time that has elapsed between your last refusal and your intended next application.

The way i'm inclined to look at this is that if not much time has elapsed during this period (say less than a year) and if your previous financial circumstances (job, salary, income from assets etc) record that you have with BHC is not radically different from the current, then it might be difficult to explain the 'sudden change in income' to be able to switch from being sponsored to self sponsored. But if as mentioned earlier, the sudden change can be clearly justified without ambiguities, then i suppose you should be able to change to self sponsorship. Also i noticed that you mentioned only your 'savings and dom account', is it a typo that you omitted the current account? I believe most transactions that you would normally have (salary, cheque payment etc) would normally go into a current account before same are transferred to savings or dom. You might want to look into this.

Also i don't know really know about being able to use your in-law and passing off as uncle, i think most important is that you are able to clearly establish the relationship between you and your sponsor, their current financial circumstances (the student questionnaire asks it all really) and their reason/motivation for seeking to invest so much (yes, the average amount paid by international students for studies in the UK is regarded as being a significant amount) of their income in your education. I'm not sure if the sponsor's travel history holds any weight with regards to your application - could be, i don't know for sure.

And lastly - but really important, try not to narrow the information you are gathering by requesting answers from only an individual as you've done (except such is really knowledeable on this affairs which i'm not), there are some more knowledgeable guys  on immigration issues here. They might be willing to provide more useful insight than i can or better still give you the answers you seek if the single individual to whom it has been earlier posed does not come online soon enough. MrPataki, Akolawole, VOR, Vicjustice, LondonCool, Funkybaby, Salsera, ,  just to name the ones that always comes to mind. Regards
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by mayayi: 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2007
@ Paribus,
10k, i will do that now.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by madeojo: 11:59am On Nov 09, 2007
Paribus.

I ve read your thread and i find out that you are such a guru. i submitted two weeks ago and i was refused cos my dad's account was not that cool but i submitted cscs stock statement valued for 15m. but they didnt consider that but he sold part of the shares and deposited it in his account and i m planning on reapply. how can i go about it cos the eco may want to say that a large deposit of amount was made on so so date. please how can i do it? also i want you to send the spread sheet stuff to my box. here is my mail addy so that you can send the spread sheet to my box. yhemi4real@yahoo.co.uk. it is very urgent paribus.

Thanks in advance
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by ajile2: 1:19pm On Nov 09, 2007
hi. i really like all ve read on this post. my i a need of help. my school is to resume by jan. is for my masters,i should get 50% of my fees pay by next week,but am not paying for accomodation,hope that wont be a bad ideal,i dont know much about these things. my sponsor is my brothe a CEO of a logitic company(the company is less than 2 years)the company is doing well and the company's account is fat and transaction of money in that account has been constant and big. do i stan da cahance?i should apply in the next 2wks or 3. hope is not to late to.the school resume jan. please let me know what you feel.thanks
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by VOR(m): 2:09pm On Nov 09, 2007
ajile2:

hi. i really like all ve read on this post. my i a need of help. my school is to resume by jan. is for my masters,i should get 50% of my fees pay by next week,but am not paying for accomodation,hope that wont be a bad ideal,i don't know much about these things. my sponsor is my brothe a CEO of a logitic company(the company is less than 2 years)the company is doing well and the company's account is fat and transaction of money in that account has been constant and big. do i stan da cahance?i should apply in the next 2wks or 3. hope is not to late to.the school resume jan. please let me know what you feel.thanks

Ajile,

Before you apply I suggest you read the following thread especially my advice in post #14.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=40828.msg912356#msg912356

Good luck.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by ajile2: 3:05pm On Nov 09, 2007
thanks so much vor, ve gone through it, but am still expecting more comments
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by Betty605: 5:12pm On Dec 20, 2007
mine was thru prayers, When u have God, hu can refuse u ,
yeah, mine was thru prayers, Lots of prayers,
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by ernal(m): 10:01pm On Dec 20, 2007
any useful information for documents required for US study visa.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by anamz: 9:51am On Apr 30, 2008
please dear,

i need an experienced advice on my visa application.

my school will start in september,will it be wise for me to submitt my visa application this may.

and again, my sponsor has no valid tax clearance,can i do without it?
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by anamz: 5:01am On May 04, 2008
peribus,please can you advice me on the most apropriate time to send my visa application.someone told me something concerning three months interval,can send it this may?
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by paribus(m): 10:28am On May 04, 2008
Hi. I'm not quite sure when is the most appropriate time. I think it would depend on when your school is resuming. VFS always advise to send in your application at least four weeks in advance of your intended day of travel and i think a bit more for students especially nearing summer time when they have more applications to deal with. If all what you need for  your application is complete, I see no reason why you can't send it now. However please do check on vfs website for the latest advice in this respect. Regards
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by succeedo: 10:17pm On May 07, 2008
paribus,u r doin great favors to fellow nigerians,God will keep on blessing u.Pls,kindly advice on how to provide evidence of intention to leave Uk after studies(msc).thanks.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by Vicjustice: 11:14pm On May 07, 2008
Greetings, Mr Paribus. How have you been smiley?
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by funkybaby(f): 6:43am On May 08, 2008
@amaz
In addition to what Paribus has said, i read a publication by British Council on UK student visa applications where it was stated that such applications should not be sent earlier than three (3) months to the date of resumption for the course of study.

It is always advisable to submit a valid tax clearance certificate along with one's application.

Cheers.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by ty4real(m): 6:17pm On May 08, 2008
My student visa was approved long live nairaland grin grin grin
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by anamz: 2:12pm On May 11, 2008
funkkybaby,

thank you so much for your advice.presently,my sposor has no valid tax clearance,what do you advice me to do.my school fees and expenses is totalling about 5.2mills and the amount in the statement is presently 6.7 mills. what is the likely impecation of this.

thanks
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by anamz: 8:57am On May 13, 2008
@funkybaby & paribus

my dear,thank you so much 4 your advice.

my sponsor has no valid tax clearance now, what will i do about it.

again the total cost of my stay in uk for one year is about 5.2 million naira,and presently in my sponsor's count is 6.8 million naira. i hope that will be enough to give me visa.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by Onlineise(m): 12:19pm On May 17, 2008
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by ernal(m): 1:06pm On May 17, 2008
Get a discharge Letter Jo!!!
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by AKO1(m): 2:03pm On May 17, 2008
Hello people,

I'd like to ask from those who have some experience in this stuff: in what practical ways can you convince the embassy pple that you would return to your country? Of all the usual questions, I think this is the most difficult to answer. Thanks.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by nskagent0: 3:59pm On May 19, 2008
Are you intrested to be come NSK passport holder citizen ?

You Can Get Your NSK Passport in 1O Working Days. Ref: 178CA

And travel to over 30 countries visa free.

Send us an e-mail on nskpassportagent@yahoo.com

or call us on +20 11 564 0 458

Re: Student Visa Success Stories by danedrol: 2:15am On May 20, 2008
Recently, there has been an update in the UK visa system; espercially for applications from students. The update requires that the Institution in which the applicant plans to study should be recognized by a certain body in the UK. I'm not too sure of the name of the body now, but you should find it at ServiceForts or simply google for the updates in UK student visa applications.

Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Recommend A Nice Place For Vacation In Lagos Please / 18 Passengers Burnt As Bus Collides With Trailer In Bauchi / Train Crushes Man To Death, In Niger State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.