Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,148 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Student Visa Success Stories - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Student Visa Success Stories (20285 Views)

Bank Sponsorship & Visa Success: Any Difference? / My Student Visa Success Today / Tourism/visiting Visa Success Stories: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Visa Success Stories by zikabrown(f): 10:33am On Jul 04, 2008
Thanks so much my dear
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by funkybaby(f): 11:35am On Jul 04, 2008
zikabrown:

UK STUDENT VISA INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Good day everybody,

Please helpĀ  me and pray, i have just been called for an interview on monday for a student visa, after refusal last year.

Please can you fill me with the likely questions to be asked, so i will go fully prepared.

Thanks so much

Remember all you filled in your visa form. Make sure you do not contradict yourself.

Be confident, composed, relaxed and as eloquent as possible, dress smart.

You would be asked basic questions like what you know about the school, why you chose the school/course, how the course would be beneficial to you, details on your sponsor, etc. If asked if you would work while studying, say NO. Then stress on it that you will be returning back to Nigeria to put to use the skills/degree you've earned.

Wishing you tons of luck. smiley
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by zikabrown(f): 12:04pm On Jul 04, 2008
Funkybaby,
Thanks so much for your advice,u dont know what this infor means to me.Thanks so much is really well appreciated .if you remember anything else pls dont hesitate to add.

Thanks
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by guseman(m): 2:39pm On Jul 04, 2008
@zika
D person sponsoring ur trip, what is the person's gain for sponsoring ur education? Of what benefit will the certificate be to you and ur sponsor If d sponsor is ur dad, ur position in the family is important, if tey use all the family money to sponsor you.wat of ur siblings if u you d first or second in a family of six?

op, i think u see any meanin in my post?
All d best
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by zikabrown(f): 6:03pm On Jul 04, 2008
thanks so much i quite appreciate.

Keep praying for me.

keep you posted on the good news
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by marydre: 8:50am On Jul 07, 2008
@Zikabrown
Today is your day and i pray the Lord grants you success.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by danedrol: 6:17pm On Jul 07, 2008
I also hear that the HSMP rules have changed.
Check here
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by rezzza: 10:53pm On Jul 07, 2008
@ Paribus

I applied in 2007,for a holiday Visa in Lagos,My dad's friend ( a white man ) was my spoonsor,and the person inviting me,but i was refused because the person was not working,and only had a a bulk sum in his account.

I then applied again in early 2008,in Abuja with a new passport ( the new Ecowas passport ),they asked me if i had applied before i said NO,they asked if it was my first passport,i said YES. I was rejected for not being a credible witness.
My uncle got a lawyer,and the lawyer drafted a letter saying i said i had not applied before because i thought they meant "if i had applied with this new E Ecowas passport",and that is why i said NO,the lawyer also said "I felt it was my first passport because this was my first E Ecowas passport". He also said i am a young person ( 21),and was in buja for my IT,so i had no one to guide me on how to properly fill the form.

I just applied again last week for the third time,and my questions are :

1. Please, what do you think my chance of getting the visa is ? I attached Letter from my school,hotel reservation(fully paid),uncles statement of account( well running with 3M balance).
2. If i am rejected again,what do you think should be my next step
3. I plan to apply for student visa next years ( PostGrad). Does the issue of my credibility ruin my chances ?

If i am rejected for this tourist visa,what should be my next step ? Should i wait next year and apply for student visa with all the neccesaries things ? I would be grateful for your help.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by zikabrown(f): 12:19pm On Jul 08, 2008
Hi Marydre
Am really very grateful for your prayer,concern ,it really showns how caring you are.God almighty will continue bless you. i was moved to tears when i logged in to share my experience yesterday,it really boosted my demoralised state .and i must confess that you are truly one in a million".

The interview yesterday, dont really know what to make of it,cause the woman didnt really bombard me with questions like i expected, Her questions goes like this - whats the relationship with my sponsor, which was my brother and cousin,, And she ask me how much each one of them is willing to give me- i told her my cousin is giving me 15,000pounds and my brother 3000,, she asked again if my cousin is the sole owner of the company, and i told him No,she ask for his patner counsenting letter, which he gave me,but we coundnt find it,dont know where it got missing, maybe from me or, , ,but i told her i can always get another if she desires and she was like , looked at the account again and said it was in debit-you know how this big company operate with loan facility, at a time i think she was kinda confused, and she asked me to go out and wait for her, i went out and waited, after waiting for like 20 mins a guy came out called my name and ask me to go to where visa center to pick up my, ,
called my counsin and told him the outcome of the interview,the guy was really furious.

Well for me, am confuse for now and dont know when i can go to visa center ,cause there number has not been going thru.

So am still keeping my fingers cross.
so what can you make out of this, and pls advice
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by RolandPet(m): 10:59am On Jul 11, 2008
I went for student visa last year september but it wasnt successfull,so i will be going again by next week with these documents:

1. i have a degree in petroleum engineering and will be going for MSc in Energy studies,with specialization in international oil and gas management.

2 My admission is unconditional and i have not made any payment,although the school aks me to pay on arrival or if i choose to pay before arrival that i can also do so.The only payment i made is 300 pounds sterling they aks me to pay for booking of accomodation.

3 I'm using a cousine statement of account,he has a share portfolio with cscs worth 13 million naira and the statement of the account that stood at 7 to 8 million naira now.

4 He has giving me certficate of occupancy of his house,letter from his stoke broker and the cscs account report from BGL security. Also a letter from his bank stating that he is the sole signatory to the account,although the account is in a company name not in his personal name.

5 I also have the company resolution letter and memorandum of article of understanding on my behalf,stating that i will be finance with the company fund.

6 There is no tax clearance certificate,only last year own has been paid,so will not be going with that

I WILL LIKE TO BE ADVICE ON THIS??,WILL THESE DOCUMENTS BOAST MY CHANCE OF OBTAINING VISA?

ALSO WILL BHC (ECO) THAT WILL EXAMINE MY DOCUMENTS MAKE REFERENCE TO MY PREVIOUS APPLICATION LAST YEAR?

i was refuse visa last year as a result of the course i choose MSc computer sc.(conversional course),insufficient fund on my sponsor account,that i claimed im working,but i fail to show my statement of account although i put refernce letter from my employee,that i did not show enough evidence to convince them that my sponsor is my blood brother as i calimed because(my brother is bearing iloh while im bearing ilonu and this are our family names,just that iloh is short form of ilonu).

But now,i will not be stating that im working bacause i did that last year when i was still doing my nysc,now that i have my nysc certificate on feb. 2008,i will add it as evidence of what i have been doing after my graduation in 2006.

PLEASE FELLOW NAIRALANDERS! KINDLY ADVICE ME BEFORE I MAKE ANOTHER MISTAKE
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by Olaakande(m): 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2008
Quite an interesting thread we have here which is of immerse hep to those that just preparing the application.

Well,my question here is am applying for an admission in the UK, and will be using my company where I work as sponsor,is it advisable I use their statement of account for visa application,since in my application form it is stipulated they ll be responsible study fees and that am going on study leave,pls do advise.

And to say you people are doing great jobs out there informing us well.Thanks
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by marydre: 6:22pm On Jul 11, 2008
@Zikabrown, thanks so much for the prayer, I have been on training but came in briefly today. Just have Faith, pray and you will surely get the visa. All the best.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by zikabrown(f): 5:15pm On Jul 14, 2008
my dear,
pls hope u r cool.still waiting for their call.been to visa center severally,but up till now ,no news yet.still keeping my fingers cross.thanks always
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by uslomonlo: 10:44am On Jul 15, 2008
just got my US VISA will be leaving on 29th july 2008.

it was simpler than i was told
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by zikabrown(f): 10:49am On Jul 15, 2008
Congratulations my dear,US is surely a place to be.keep us posted when u get there.Good luck
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by kadman(m): 4:01pm On Jul 15, 2008
@ zikabrown
Hi,any news on your student visa ? You're in my prayers,and I'm sure since you were interviewed it should be sucssesful. Keep us posted on how it goes. Cheers
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by jaybee3(m): 10:39pm On Jul 15, 2008
Me thinks US student visa is probably easier to obtain than the over hyped british visa.
my sister got hers without even paying the tuiton fees
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by zikabrown(f): 10:11am On Jul 16, 2008
@ Kadman,
Thanks for your prayers.Anyway will be going to visa center this afternoon to pick it up.
Will keep you posted .
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by kadman(m): 11:09am On Jul 16, 2008
Okay best of luck dear. I'm going to the visa centre ( Zenon House ) today to pick mine up,but mine is Visit visa. So i'll keep you posted too.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by zikabrown(f): 11:13am On Jul 16, 2008
@Kadman,
Goodluck man.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by kadman(m): 9:59pm On Jul 16, 2008
I went there today for the second time, Still not ready,they asre just wasting my time. It's been with them for a month now. Anyways Zika, How did yours go ? Any news yet ?
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by MRD1(m): 3:18pm On Aug 06, 2008
10x to Jah, I submitted my application on 25.07.08 and picked up my passport today, successful!
I applied for students visa, anyone going to RGU this September should hooooola.
good luck to all those waiting 4 thier application.
this thread served as a guide 4 me.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by marydre: 3:51pm On Aug 06, 2008
congrats!
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by rachiwise(f): 7:00pm On Aug 06, 2008
@Mr D

Congrats!!!

@pharuk
ALL protocols observed
i really need as much help as required, i have an unconditional offer from University of Greenwich and Sheffield Hallam University for the same course but Sheff. is 3000 pounds higher but its notĀ  a problem, my mum feels sheffield is better since things are a bit cheaper than Greenwich which is in the heart of london (south-east), so i havnt made a firm decision yet. (the offer is for sept 2008)
Now bankPhb is my sponsor (education eloan in collaboration with British embassy) so my question is that
1. i just finished service and am not working, how do i get a bank statement or do i need one?
2. am paying full tuition and acomodation do i still need to bring landed property and all that, though my mum is my primary sponsor and she submitted her collateral for the loan.
3. infact what do i need to make it sucessfull!
please help

Did u get any info on this?Please let me know a cousin of mine is also in the situation.

@House

My cousin has admissions in a British Uni. & also a US sch for his masters(for the same course).Which visa of these two countries does he have a better chance for?i heard Uk's visa stuff is really strict ,should he just go for US?

Please help out.

P.S:Can anyone help out with pharuk's questions?
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by blueface(m): 1:14pm On Aug 07, 2008
pls kindly assist me i need a student visa to Uk is very urgent and moreso i apply for demmark Visa but i was told to appear at the danish embasy by 8am and i took off at arround 5pm but before i got there it was arround 11pm in the morning and i was told that i lost the interview so i called my agent he told me he is in Kadunna and he gave me there Email that i should mail them that he is too busy to attend to me now all i want my friends in NAira land to do for me is to advise me on what next to do couse the guy told me that my application as beeing canciled kindly help me out on what to do
you can help by calling me on this no 08060449712 or 08054731773 or send message to princeademola90@yahoo.com or text me on my phone
One love
thank
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by mynemo: 5:59pm On Aug 07, 2008
Hi, pls someone shld hlp me out, after payin my sch. fees do i nid to show the acct i paid from or just the one that has my anticipated living expenses
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by pharuk: 12:19pm On Aug 08, 2008
my broda!!
dint get a reply here, i also asked other questions but dint get a reply, so i presume the bank wld provide a letter stating all that is with them and am stickng to my school in UK and hope to apply next week and hope it aint to late, wld give you a detail of my papers that i compliled wen am done coz now everything just be as e get.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by pharuk: 12:22pm On Aug 08, 2008
pls house how do u prove a conversional course? i did economics and i have admission for an IT course how do i prove the change of course to let it scale?
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by rachiwise(f): 9:31pm On Aug 08, 2008
@pharuk

my brother!!
dint get a reply here, i also asked other questions but dint get a reply, so i presume the bank would provide a letter stating all that is with them and am stickng to my school in UK and hope to apply next week and hope it aint to late, would give you a detail of my papers that i compliled when am done because now everything just be as e get.

Thanks for the reply.Dont worry i guess u will be fine with your application it aint too late (unless your sch starts this August).My cousin hopes to apply before two weeks time for his sch resume for 29th of Sep.

About the US stuff- he hopes to get admission to a US sch,but people are like he should go now so as not to wait for too long.so he is going for the UK admission.

please house how do u prove a conversional course? i did economics and i have admission for an IT course how do i prove the change of course to let it scale?

Like someone said earlier; get a good personal statement on how the course will help you in your chosen field.If you have certifications in IT it will really help you,but all the same a good personal statement stating the latest IT technology methods etc that you are passionate about will help you.

Please help out on the papers you compiled.Thanks.

All in All,Just relax & believe that the best will come your way.Cheers!
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by rachiwise(f): 9:58pm On Aug 08, 2008
@pharuk

my brother!!

I be girl = Abigale

Later! grin
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by pharuk: 3:25pm On Aug 13, 2008
sorry abt that babe!!!
pls give me till next week coz am waiting for my receipt of full payment from the school before i apply, so bear with me till i get that paper and others so i could give u a comprehensive list and remember am using bankphb eloan
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by rachiwise(f): 7:24am On Aug 15, 2008
@ pharuk

no probs.i will wait & best of luck with your application.Remember to add all the necessary documents.

Cheers ! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Recommend A Nice Place For Vacation In Lagos Please / 18 Passengers Burnt As Bus Collides With Trailer In Bauchi / Train Crushes Man To Death, In Niger State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.