Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,012 members, 7,810,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Student Visa Success Stories - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Student Visa Success Stories (20283 Views)

Bank Sponsorship & Visa Success: Any Difference? / My Student Visa Success Today / Tourism/visiting Visa Success Stories: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Student Visa Success Stories by Flowers: 11:09am On May 26, 2008
@ Paribus

Nice job you've been doing here. How do I convince the ECO during the interview that I would return after my MSc. program?
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by paribus(m): 12:33am On Jun 02, 2008
Hi. This depends on what your current situation is in Nigeria. The usual way is family ties (if you are married or with kids), returning to job (if you are going on study leave), or at worst get newspaper postings of recent jobs that have been recently advertised which requires the qualification you are going to the UK to study. Also you have the chance of a personal statement to butress whatever point you are making - give your own extensive account of how the course is of benefit to you - in such a way that you can't wait to finish the course and come back home to avail yourself of the opportunities here (which you must have documented though). 

There are no hard and fast rules to providing this evidence and it really depends on individual situation. Regards
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by lloydhill(m): 10:34pm On Jun 06, 2008
Hi all @ funkkybaby,paRIBUS,VOR,SEINA Mr pataki etc.
I have a liitle problem.i have an admission and almost all my documents are ready but the real problem now is that last year when i was suppose to go for my masters i was delayed cos i was told my sponsor needsa huge amount of money in her account.
I actually finished NYSC in Jan 2007 so i wasn't so kin to get a job,since i knew i was going in sept 2007, so i was just managing with my uncle in his cafe.After august that it was obvoius i wasn't going any longer for that year, i started hunting for jobs,did some bank interviews but i am still told to wait(u Know Naija now).
Now i work with a wire and rope factory not to long ago and the staff are not many so we are paid in cash and u know that kind of cash isn't enof for my upkeep, so i wasn't saving. since i knew my sponsors account (my mum)was going to be ok.Now can i submit the payslips given to me for those month?but no current account(cos i don't have) and will that disturb my chances?U guys can knidly help me out
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by olubunmi80: 5:54pm On Jun 07, 2008
well guys thanks for all ithe info here its really great though its coming a bit late for me cos i just joined nairaland
how ever its gives a proper insight for me
i have sent in my application fsince may15th and was told 10 working days
an its now vbeen 15 days i called them yesterday at vac ikeja and they said its still been processed. im really getting anxious cos my school resumes in22nd july thats about a month from now but i believe god will work things out
] pls is there anything i can do to fast track it?
i will appreciate any comments.
Also my schools name is west london college and im suppossed to do an heriot watt unversity mba
can any one confirm this mba is real? thanks
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by brownbonno(m): 1:56pm On Jun 08, 2008
olubunmi80:

well guys thanks for all ithe info here its really great though its coming a bit late for me because i just joined nairaland
how ever its gives a proper insight for me
i have sent in my application fsince may15th and was told 10 working days
an its now vbeen 15 days i called them yesterday at vac ikeja and they said its still been processed. im really getting anxious because my school resumes in22nd july thats about a month from now but i believe god will work things out
] please is there anything i can do to fast track it?
i will appreciate any comments.
Also my schools name is west london college and im suppossed to do an heriot watt unversity mba
can any one confirm this mba is real? thanks

http://www.hw.ac.uk/home/dir/15/postgraduate-students (The MBA here can be done through Distance learning)

http://www.w-l-c.co.uk/courses/ (Offer the MBA through Distrance learning route)

The choice is yours.
Cheers
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by funkybaby(f): 9:12pm On Jun 13, 2008
olubunmi80:

Also my schools name is west london college and im supposed to do an Harriot watt university MBA
can any one confirm this MBA is real? thanks

Harriot-Watt is in Edinburg, a part of UK, why did you not apply to the school directly for their MBA programme ? Why go through a ''college''??  undecided undecided

Best of luck sha with your application.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by Flowers: 10:30am On Jun 17, 2008
@ Paribus

Some schools require TOEFL or an evidence that English is one's official Language, what if my transcript show my English score and a letter is attached stating that my English Language is proficient. Will my application be considered?

I studied a science course for my 1st degree and PGD in management, will I be considered for MSC. in Human Resources and Change Strategy with my science background?

The school I intend going to stated that students would pay for accommodation during vacation though one's things could be in the room if there is an alternative. Is it cheaper to stay on campus during vacation or outside school?

Kindly send your excel spreadsheet showing a breakdown of living expenses for 1 year to me. helenflorish@yahoo.com

Dalu
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by MethodMan3(m): 11:20am On Jun 17, 2008
Wat is the fucking point of celebrating stories about getting visas?!

BIG DEAL
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by Alldruns: 4:47pm On Jun 17, 2008
Good minded Nigerians, infact, ur success stories have blessed many lives in one way or d other, pls let's keep it up.

Mr Paribus, precisely has been of tremendous transparency in d manner he arranged his stuff. i gues, he's a kind of meticulous guy. Pls, don't stop. it pays off, afterall. We all want to ride on ur testimonies.

I'll love to ask u one or two things more, here's my e-mail alldruns@yahoo.com

And kindly send d sample of ur excel spreadsheet showing a breakdown of living expenses for 1 year to me too. I'mm keenly intersted.

Thx all.

Alldruns
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by Alldruns: 4:52pm On Jun 17, 2008
Hi all,

Does anybody know what is d actual percentage of tax an average Naija worker pays from his salary? I want to use this to carefully design a pay-slip since my coy does not use payslip but pay by cash. Yet d employer claims to be deducting tax from source.

In a follow up to d above question, I don’t have active current a/c: I only make regular deposit to a Savings a/c. To ensure a flow, many pple deposit into it but I’m d only one that does withdrawals from it. With sufficient fund in it, is this tenable at any embassy as statement of account?

Rgds, Alldruns
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by pharuk: 4:05pm On Jun 18, 2008
ALL protocols observed
i really need as much help as required, i have an unconditional offer from University of Greenwich and Sheffield Hallam University for the same course but Sheff. is 3000 pounds higher but its not a problem, my mum feels sheffield is better since things are a bit cheaper than Greenwich which is in the heart of london (south-east), so i havnt made a firm decision yet. (the offer is for sept 2008)
Now bankPhb is my sponsor (education eloan in collaboration with British embassy) so my question is that
1. i just finished service and am not working, how do i get a bank statement or do i need one?
2. am paying full tuition and acomodation do i still need to bring landed property and all that, though my mum is my primary sponsor and she submitted her collateral for the loan.
3. infact what do i need to make it sucessfull!
pls help
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by browse: 4:30pm On Jun 18, 2008
hello, Please i need your candid advise,i applied for student visa late last year so i was denied based on flemsy excuses,i filed-in 4appeal,but the embassy couldn't let me through with it before they called me to pick up my visa,when i got there this March, i was told that my documents are intact and asked me to drop my appeal and gave me a call bak note stating that my doc are intact but its too early to issue visa since my resumption date is September.So i was asked to check bak anytime from June,to cut it short,i was given the visa on 16th June,monday and it starts from that day too.

My question is, can i leave anytime from now?I want to know if there wont be any querry at the entry point?considering the resumption date(29Sept,2008).Please i need your advice. Thanks
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by maedan(f): 1:26pm On Jun 21, 2008
pharuk:

ALL protocols observed
i really need as much help as required, i have an unconditional offer from University of Greenwich and Sheffield Hallam University for the same course but Sheff. is 3000 pounds higher but its not a problem, my mum feels sheffield is better since things are a bit cheaper than Greenwich which is in the heart of london (south-east), so i havnt made a firm decision yet. (the offer is for sept 2008)
Now bankPhb is my sponsor (education eloan in collaboration with British embassy) so my question is that
1. i just finished service and am not working, how do i get a bank statement or do i need one?
2. am paying full tuition and acomodation do i still need to bring landed property and all that, though my mum is my primary sponsor and she submitted her collateral for the loan.
3. infact what do i need to make it sucessfull!
please help

University of Greenwich: my husband got student visa in Oct 20007 to study at Greenwich (great school by the way.)

He graduated from law school in Febraury, was not working but had a bank account but did not submit a bank statement. You are not sponsoring yourself, your finances do not really matter so long as you meet the main requirements.

His sponsor was his sister's husband who included land property details with his own bank statements, proof of employment as proof of source of funds. Does your mum have any way to prove her source of funds eg employment details?

He filled his form carefully and gave straightforward answers that did not require much explanation. Are you employed? No. (if yes give details) Questions that required details, like do you have any relation in the UK, he said NO.

In the section that requires you to talk about the usefulness of your course, etc he gave the frank impression that he would indeed return to put his acquired skills to use in his homecountry. You must really convince them of this.

All in all, it was not by power or by might, but by the Grace of God because we did it all on our own, with a few pointers from a fellow guy he met at the application centre. The guy was refused. So you see, pray very hard.

I wish you God's favour.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by maedan(f): 2:03pm On Jun 21, 2008
By the way, any info here about student dependant visa's? Paid for tenancy agreement three weeks ago and want to use that to apply next week. Any need for proof of address from a place as yet unlived in but paid for? Help pls in-house gurus.

Funkybaby, pataki, paribus, vicjustice, pahtakee etc. I have to invoke y'all's names to get an answer I know wink wink
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by Flowers: 8:21am On Jun 23, 2008
@ Paribus

Still waiting for your response.

Thanks
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by skylo(f): 10:03am On Jun 23, 2008
thank God too
got my study permit in the uk too.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by paribus(m): 10:44am On Jun 23, 2008
Flowers:

@ Paribus

Some schools require TOEFL or an evidence that English is one's official Language, what if my transcript show my English score and a letter is attached stating that my English Language is proficient. Will my application be considered?

I studied a science course for my 1st degree and PGD in management, will I be considered for MSC. in Human Resources and Change Strategy with my science background?

The school I intend going to stated that students would pay for accommodation during vacation though one's things could be in the room if there is an alternative. Is it cheaper to stay on campus during vacation or outside school?

Kindly send your excel spreadsheet showing a breakdown of living expenses for 1 year to me. helenflorish@yahoo.com

Dalu

With regards to TOEFL requirements by the school, I would think a personal statement requesting for a waiver of this requirements should suffice to get an exemption. Most schools especially the ones with educational representatives in Nigeria are aware that English is the primary language of instructions in Nigerian Universities. In your personal statement requesting for a waiver of english language test requirements, indicate that you have a combined educational history of x years (pry, sec , uni) and that the only language of instruction at all levels is English. Indicate also that you have passed an SSCE/WASC/GCE (whichever applies) in English Language and that you possess adequate fluency in both oral and written english to meet the language requirements of your intended course of study. This was what i did as I didn't really want to go through the hassles of TOEFL or IELTS.

I think you should have no issues with being accepted on your intended programme as long as the schools does not enforce any strict pre-requisite requirements for studying that course. Also make sure you give a well detailed statement on why you wish to pursue that course despite having a first degree in a different field. Changing from a science 1st degree background to a business or arts oriented PG degree is usually possible with no issues, it's the other way round - from arts/business 1st degree to science PG that might be pretty difficult in some cases.

If cost is an issue, private accomodation is most times cheaper than school's accomodation as you have more letting options available. However if you are new to the UK or maybe have no close friends or relatives living in your school's area, then you might find schools accomodation more appropriate with regards to proximity to lecture halls or being closer to schoolmates.

Regards.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by Flowers: 10:53am On Jun 23, 2008
@ Paribus

Thank you so much.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by bomata: 4:01pm On Jun 23, 2008
please am about to apply for student visa, am paying full tuition .i want to use my sister as my sponsor,she lives in the US,she runs a joint account with her husband.but my problem is the account balance is  ($19,491) N2.3M which is small. so i want to add my dad as co sponsor.Currently he is not working he resigned from his job January 2007 , his shares is valued at N1.8 M  and has an acct balance of N800,000 and £600 in his old backlays bank acct.

PLS i need advise on this,if i can use this two account looking at it that my dad is no more working though his account balance and shares are the amount left from the money paid to him(N10m) when he resigned after he invested in property.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by bomata: 4:02pm On Jun 23, 2008
please am about to apply for student visa, am paying full tuition .i want to use my sister as my sponsor,she lives in the US,she runs a joint account with her husband.but my problem is the account balance is  ($19,491) N2.3M which is small. so i want to add my dad as co sponsor.Currently he is not working he resigned from his job January 2007 , his shares is valued at N1.8 M  and has an acct balance of N800,000 and £600 in his old backlays bank acct.

PLS i need advise on this,if i can use his two account looking at it that my dad is no more working though his account balance and shares are the amount left from the money paid to him(N10m) after he resigned after he invested in property.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by dreeldee: 4:58am On Jun 24, 2008
bomata:

please am about to apply for student visa, am paying full tuition .i want to use my sister as my sponsor,she lives in the US,she runs a joint account with her husband.but my problem is the account balance is ($19,491) N2.3M which is small. so i want to add my dad as co sponsor.Currently he is not working he resigned from his job January 2007 , his shares is valued at N1.8 M and has an acct balance of N800,000 and £600 in his old backlays bank acct.

PLS i need advise on this,if i can use his two account looking at it that my dad is no more working though his account balance and shares are the amount left from the money paid to him(N10m) after he resigned after he invested in property.

I really can't say much on this but i can only point out one thing from this, using your sis bank account makes you less credible to the consulate , they will see you as having no tie to your home country especially since she's not even in Nigeria and this could reduce your chances of getting the visa, your Dad's bank account will be better. that's what i think. best of luck
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by bomata: 3:03pm On Jun 24, 2008
@dreeldeee

thanks,like i wrote,my dad does not have much,(1.8m shares valuation,800k in his acct and £600 in his old backlays bank acct)thats why i want to use my sisters acct too.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by dreeldee: 4:26pm On Jun 24, 2008
bomata:

@dreeldeee

thanks,like i wrote,my dad does not have much,(1.8m shares valuation,800k in his acct and £600 in his old backlays bank acct)thats why i want to use my sisters acct too.
alternatively, you could use both your dad's bank statement together with that of your sis. wish you all the best
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by browse: 5:53am On Jun 25, 2008
hi everybody,
@PARIBUS,@TRAVELMATE; Can you guys please attend to my post, i really need your help urgently,pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by dreeldee: 7:15am On Jun 25, 2008
@browse
I hope you don't mind if i contribute to that
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by browse: 8:20am On Jun 26, 2008
i dont mind sir
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by opmoore(m): 10:32am On Jun 26, 2008
Everyone help out, paribus,travelmate and Co

plz help me out everyone,I submit my appeal at the embassy on the 6th of june after i was contacted but am yet to hear from them the date i was give to come for the Visa as passed as on getting there they said it is not ready that thwy will call me when it is ready my school will be resuming september 22,My question is what may be causing the delay.And also can one plz tell me weather the bank has started telling the Embassy the account balance of a sponsors statement of account.
WILL MOST APPREC IATE YOUR REPLY.
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by TonyTone1: 12:15pm On Jun 26, 2008
Heelooooo ouse u guys are doin a great job in enlightening youngsters i commend your effort,!!!! GREAT NAIRALANDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!I won my uk visa appeal in feb. 2008 and i hope to start school (Msc in I.T with business)in september 2008,i got an email notifying me and telling me i could call at the embassy during weekdays and that my visa will b ready 4 collection within 5 working days;
please does any one know the likely questions they will ask? AND ow much minimum balance should be in my sponsors bank statement.
also i intend to change school from east london university in central london to university of strathclyde which is in scotland .I ave unconditional offer letter in both schools now ,but the problem is as at june last year when i applied it was east london university offer letter i took to the embassy but ave now changed my mind to university of strathclyde which is in scotland.Do i go to the embassy with unconditional offer letter of east london university then if i get there i proceed to Scotland .I ope this will not b a problem.Please I NEED ADVCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by ajile2: 4:20pm On Jun 29, 2008
hi house

pls i need your help,like they say once beaten twice shy.

i was denied student u.k visa jan this year.i paid 50% fees and 6 weeks accommodation deposit.

the excuse was that my sponsor (my bro) didnt include his personal acct info,cos i submitted his company in which he is the CEO accounts.

i didnt go for appeal ,then.

my case now.
i want to reapply next week.

ve paid the whole school fees.

same school same course,but now september year.

dropping same company's account together with my bros personal account.

to answer what ve been going since january,i now ve my bros company I.D Card,and ve also filled it in my form thatafter my studies i intend coming back to the company to work.

what else do you think i should do ,help me house i dont want to be denied this time.

quick response pls
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by anamz: 2:14am On Jul 02, 2008
@ PARRIBUS & ALL IN-HOUSE;

I WANT TO KNOW IF MY SPONSORS LAWYER CAN WRITE AND SIGN MY SPONSORS LETTER
TO THE EMBASSY. BECAUSE PRESENTLY MY SPONSOR TRAVELLED OUT OF THE COUNTRY AND I NEED TO SUBMIT IMIDIATELY.
PLEASE I NEED A QUIK REPLY. THANKS
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by zikabrown(f): 2:10pm On Jul 03, 2008
UK STUDENT VISA INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
Good day everybody,

Please help me and pray, i have just been called for an interview on monday for a student visa, after refusal last year.

Please can you fill me with the likely questions to be asked, so i will go fully prepared.

Thanks so much
Re: Student Visa Success Stories by marydre: 9:52am On Jul 04, 2008
@zikabrown success on your interview, the Lord would see you through. Go through several threads on travel and you surely will get enough info on likely interview questions and how to answer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List And Information About Airlines In Nigeria / Car Bursts Into Flames On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Train Crushes Man To Death, In Niger State (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.