Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

Why Do People Double Date? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do People Double Date? (11188 Views)

I Need Your Opinion On Why People Double Date. / Why We Love To Double Date Women...... / Is It A Good Thing To Double Date? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Double Date? by internetbi: 7:46pm On Jun 25, 2007
Hello Nairaland users the way the society is nowadays it is difficult to trust people that is why i need your opinion on why people double date.
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by adeboo(f): 9:45pm On Jun 25, 2007
I think the reason is that people are out there trying to find their match.

Say with me now, i have people i date, i have been in a failed long term relationship before so am just being extra careful.

So personally, the reason i double date is cause am searching for the one thats most compatible with me. I dont sleep with them sha but we talk on the phone and go out.
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by iice(f): 6:57pm On Jul 14, 2007
A date doesnt necessarily equals a relationship
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by MILITIA(f): 7:20pm On Jul 14, 2007
Every car has a spare tire!   Can you travel from Lagos to Abuja without spare tires or lots of vulcanizers on the highway? You cannot put all your eggs in one basket full of holes!  So if plan  "A" does not work, then you go to plan "B"! He he he he he he! Are you joking with us?  Who wants to end up in Uselu or Aro with mental breakdown from failed relationships? shocked  This topic is a good one.  Trust ko, trust ni!  We are talking business here not kids stuff!  T.I.N. This is Nigeria! cool

Even when you are married sef, no guarantees oh! Just keep some of those phone numbers of choicy beta ex pals that may make terrific counsellors in the future in case you hit one or two road blocks! Just cover your tracts well well oh! kiss
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jul 14, 2007
some married women na wa. Even teenagers sef know better. grin
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by Caradona(f): 8:09pm On Jul 14, 2007
@ TOPIC

I think people double date because they're cheap
and i won't be surprised if they shared the same condom. shocked
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by nana(f): 8:15pm On Jul 14, 2007
MILITIA:

Every car has a spare tire! Can you travel from Lagos to Abuja without spare tires or lots of vulcanizers on the highway? You cannot put all your eggs in one basket full of holes! So if plan "A" does not work, then you go to plan "B"! He he he he he he! Are you joking with us? Who wants to end up in Uselu or Aro with mental breakdown from failed relationships? shocked This topic is a good one. Trust ko, trust ni! We are talking business here not kids stuff! T.I.N. This is Nigeria! cool

Even when you are married sef, no guarantees oh! Just keep some of those phone numbers of choicy beta ex pals that may make terrific counsellors in the future in case you hit one or two road blocks! Just cover your tracts well well oh! kiss
Lol, i agree wiv u sha,
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by MILITIA(f): 8:20pm On Jul 14, 2007
davidylan:

some married women na wa. Even teenagers sef know better. grin

Sure!  Marry teenager make you hear wihhhhhhhhhn!  You will even find one or two 14 year old boys on your matrimonial bed, with ya wifey when you come back from work one day! grin he he he he he!

Caradona:

@ TOPIC

I think people double date because they're cheap
and i won't be surprised if they shared the same condom. shocked

I hope you are talkng to the guys too mostly?  Because na them double-triple-quadra-quinta------ date pass!  That is why we have POLYGAMY in Nigeria! grin
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by mantutuman(m): 8:52pm On Jul 14, 2007
Simply because we have little resistance. No scrupples. In search of the ultimate thrill which we know does not exist but we think we will find.
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by MILITIA(f): 8:59pm On Jul 14, 2007
mantutuman:

Simply because we have little resistance. No scrupples. In search of the ultimate thrill which we know does not exist but we think we will find.

I beg make you no date at all!  You have all but given up hope!  You sound like you did not prepare well for this dating bizz in the past.  You write like the damage has been extensive and you may have visited "Aro" or "Uselu" or both!  That is why I recommended having spare tires!  Your shocks and struts have suffered some major damage!  Sorry oh!  My prayers are with you!Next time be prepared oh!  grin People like us have learned from past experience so that it will be extremely difficult to play the victim anymore. I cannot even cry around a dead body of a loved one because I have seen too many. So life toughens you! Make you get some spare tires next time oh! kiss
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by mantutuman(m): 9:18pm On Jul 14, 2007
Baby not so. People like us double date bc we have no choice. It is like a drug in our system. We think we are sharp and can get away with it. Most times we do but when we don't, we are ready for the screaming and the tears from the one who thought she was the only one.
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by oge4real(f): 9:22pm On Jul 14, 2007
double dating is the principal symptom of confusion;
it simply means you do not know what you want.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Double Date? by mantutuman(m): 9:29pm On Jul 14, 2007
Oge4real, sounds like a therapy session or do I smell b. friend betrayal?
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by spikedcylinder: 9:38pm On Jul 14, 2007
Why do people double date? hmmm. . .  thats like asking why people eat and s h ! t!
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by oge4real(f): 9:50pm On Jul 14, 2007
mantutuman:

Oge4real, sounds like a therapy session or do I smell b. friend betrayal?
call it whtever you like my dear I understand,the truth is always bitter.
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by ppp2: 10:36pm On Jul 14, 2007
@Militia
Your posts are forever sarcastic, if not downright nasty. All you know how to do is put people down. You had better find something better to do with your time cos it seems you have plenty of it on your hands. So as not to infect others with your skepticism about practically everything in this whole wide world,
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by Theodora(f): 10:48pm On Jul 14, 2007
GOOd Question
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by MILITIA(f): 10:54pm On Jul 14, 2007
ppp2:

@Militia
Your posts are forever sarcastic, if not downright nasty. All you know how to do is put people down. You had better find something better to do with your time because it seems you have plenty of it on your hands. So as not to infect others with your skepticism about practically everything in this whole wide world,

Thank you oh!  Madam 1 post!  I am extremely flattered that you set up a new nairaland account just to come and "bang" me!  Don't you think you should have celebrated your new account with something positive like-introducing yourself or at least contributing to the topic!

Who did I put down here?  Please if you know where you took your bath, go and collect your clothes from there!  Shwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  Make una see me see Saturday night fan oh! shocked
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by vigasimple(m): 12:57am On Jul 15, 2007
I think Oge4real has answered the question perfectly, it is out of confusion. Those people who double date are very confused soul and not seeking long term happiness.

If you are looking for happiness, you will take your time?

If you are dating one person, if you don't find out properly and trying dating another believe me you end up being confused.

The problem you think you want to solve get compounded. Unless you are like some people who just want to play and have fun, but for anyone who is serious and thinking of serious relationship, unlike MILITIA will not even cross their mind because they may destroy a promising relationship because of their 'games'

Try one person , give them some reasonable time to proof themselvse and if they are not your cup of Tea go and find another person.

Usually men only double date for sex while women do it for combination of sex and money.

In a nutshell forget what MILITIA said , it is not a good idea unless you are just playing and it may not be a bad idea to let the other person knows, but be careful of all the diseases out there, and potentially bastard kids or the ones of doubtful parentage.

THOSE THAT PLAY GAMES ALWAYS ENDED UP BEING GAMED. He who that chase two 'bushmeat' wil end up with nothing. A word is enough for the wise
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by MILITIA(f): 1:25am On Jul 15, 2007
@Vigasimple

Wetin Militia do you sef?  Haba! shocked My dear guy, you are preaching to the choir! African culture is not for one man one wife abi? Even our ancestors double dated so why stop now that it has got to our turn? Oh nooooooooooooooooo oh! Is that what you are calling confusion! Please preach it to the guys not the girls! cool
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by outlaws(m): 1:32am On Jul 15, 2007
cool

People double date because they are
1]Weak
2]Lost
3]Confused at life, relationship, everything
4]Don't know who they are
5]Don't know what they want
6]Don't know where they are going
7]Pretenders:Loosers trying to act like they got some body, when they got nothing
8]Hoping for a miracle to happen.

The fact is relationship is not like lottery when you pick random numbers. In relationship, you just have to konw what you what and go for it. If you don't know what you want, then I guess you can just keep dating prostitutes as long as you are experimenting for the best out of the ugly.
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by aikmamah1(m): 11:44am On Jul 15, 2007
simple and short; 1 no dey do ! grin grin verity is the spice of life
people double-date cos of
lack of trust ( who u fit trust now?)
just to sample (u know now !) take eba 2day, then moi moi the next day, even if u wan take only rice, rice and stew, fried rice, jellof with or without salad, with beef or with chiken or entirely "without"
ngozi 2day, joy the next day, then bola then ekkietee, just lakadat

but remember plenty partner, plenty wahala, 1 partner, less wahala.
in any way, AIDS they town
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 15, 2007
I agree with outlaws and vigasimple. Relationships are not childs play. You cannot compare a relationship to a car and
spare tires. You are talking about HUMAN BEINGS for crying out loud. You are talking about peoples emotions and feelings.
If you arent sure about who you are dating, then chill out and get to know them better, and better still (not being religious) dont
jump into bed with them for a very long time.
This is about happiness, not some random game. If you are serious, then you will open your eyes well. and choose and look properly.
Double dating my foot!

And comparing human beings or your partners to spare tires?, shocked shocked shocked okkkkkk

I can imagine how a person would feel to find out that someone he/she is in love with is being used as "a spare tire", in case their partners main
Plan dosent work. It shows you never cared about them in the first place. I was in a relationship like that, and when I found out,
I walked, and never looked back simple.

If youre double dating, then you dont value human beings, and you dont value your partners feelings. All you are is being selfish and thinking about yourself, and its down right immature.
If you arent sure of the person, then I repeat, chill out, get to know them better, and put sex on hold. Time will reveal their true character, and
You wll be spared the pain of a heartache.

Peace.
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 15, 2007
Sorry, what I meant to say was that I can imagine how someone would feel, to find out that the person they are in love with
considers them nothing more than a "spare tire" or an alternative, or a "plan B".
If youre a playa, then well na you sabi.
If youre looking for something concrete, and mature, then double dating sucks. Human beings are human beings, not objects, spare tires,
or property.
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by aikmamah1(m): 12:31pm On Jul 15, 2007
I dont c y women should double date but i c y men should double date grin
there r more men than women and we all know that, so if men no double date then some women would be starved grin grin no be we fault
so men go on and screw as many holes as u can but for you chicks stick to 1
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by MILITIA(f): 3:11pm On Jul 15, 2007
aik.mamah:

I don't c y women should double date but i c y men should double date grin
there r more men than women and we all know that, so if men no double date then some women would be starved grin grin no be we fault
so men go on and screw as many holes as u can but for you chicks stick to 1

Abi ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh! tongue That is what "African culture" is about! Now you are talking! kiss
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by mekaboy(m): 3:51pm On Jul 15, 2007
Hmmm, I would blame the Governement for that. The reason why 98% of people double that today in Nigeria is due to the horrible economic situation. the guy a girl loves and wants to be with might not be able to satisfy her financial needs. The other guy who can, might not be able to satisfy her Emotional needs. so what happens? She tries to keep the both .  Even though each pair of shoe is faced differently, yet they match when worn together.

I am talking from experience , i was dating a girl and i fell into one of the categories, she had to try to accomodate the 2 of us, but me being a jealous lover. I ran out .

But my advice for girls, Keep double dating with men. When your time starts running out, you will even be looking for half that and quarter that and you will not find.

They say what a man can do women can do better. Try urinating while standing up straight.

LOL.

Girls be warned.
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by rumours: 4:37pm On Jul 15, 2007
Pls is anybody available here? I still searching oo! I wont like to double date o! txt me, I repeat txt me on 08085403294
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by Koolp(m): 5:13pm On Jul 15, 2007
ok its really nice 4 me to be given the urge to express my view.
i think relationship is for serious minded and promising people but lets face the fact men and women of now adays do somthing to one another which makes them think otherwise. people who doble,tripple,etc, date are may be addicted or feeling insecured and dont want to love every thing at the end of the day they get nothing out of it there by decimating their image .all i have to say is that b4 u go into any relationship always bear in mind if u can withstand the trouble,pains and anger u get from it if u can have an abundant pot of fortitude i tell u. u can move mountains in any relationship what so ever provided u are dating a sensible and matured being
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by desertboom(m): 6:11pm On Jul 15, 2007
double dating is nothing but just fun, hahahaa don't u think so?
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by joey22(f): 6:29pm On Jul 15, 2007
people double date when they find it hard to decide.imagine u going out with just a guy and after being faithful and humble be just tells you he is no longer interested.definitely you will get on with your life and then he comes back on bended knees.you will be forced to accept him back but you definitely can throw you new catch away.so wats the solution , DOUBLE DATE grin grin
Re: Why Do People Double Date? by bantos(m): 6:47pm On Jul 15, 2007
Why?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys What Will You Do If This Guy Slaps Your Lovely Girlfriend(picture) / My Experience With Inmessage Girl Last Night. (guys Be Careful) / +18: MEN ONLY: This Is How to Be Fun When Chatting With a Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.