Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests (28998 Views)

Soldiers Kill Police Inspector In Adamawa; Gov Urges Calm / LP, PDP Chieftains Urges Calm As Presidential Tribunal Delivers Judgement / Fuel Subsidy: Labour Fumes As IMF Warns FG Against Fresh Borrowings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by DubbyV: 6:41am On Nov 07, 2020
Protest is a constitutional right of the people and the govt cannot take it away from them!

Anyways... I have an iPad 4 for sale in PH. Check my signature for contact
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by uuzba(m): 6:41am On Nov 07, 2020
moscobabs:
Anybody that protest endsars again is looking for something else.

Is looking for #ENDAnotherThing.
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:44am On Nov 07, 2020
Is peaceful protest an act of violence
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by omodaamola: 6:44am On Nov 07, 2020
Silverpurple:

I think you lost that right somewhere into burning mass transit buses and looting business...

Again, where was it recorded that protesters did that? During the protest, there were looters and there were thugs of whom most are government sponsored to disengage the peaceful protest wink

Wasn't in Lagos mass transit bus that mobilized thugs to protest ground at Alausa?

See eh, let's face the realities, our government, politicians are not sincere to serve....

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by webm: 6:45am On Nov 07, 2020
DryMouth:
All the pple shouting #endsars.
Shey y'all av killed innocent pple indirectly and stayed low baa!
What result did the endsars yielded? Absolutely Nothing!.

Now pple are dead, shops/businesses av bin looted, many places av bin set ablaze as a result of ur nonsense endsars that didnt yield any positive result.
Y'all devils av carried on with ur useless lives. Drinking, smoking f*cking up and down baa.
You talk like you don't have an ATOM of sense. If the protest didn't happen, won't SARS still be killing people today? Don't you listen to the petitions coming to Lagos judicial panel? slowpoke

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by miketayo(m): 6:45am On Nov 07, 2020
Silverpurple:

I think you lost that right somewhere into burning mass transit buses and looting business...

that's a dumb statement, was it the protesters that burnt the buses or did the looting of private businesses?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Ganzoh: 6:53am On Nov 07, 2020
The next one would not be a protest, it would be a revolution....keep doing what you are doing and watch as everything would unfold.

Human right na my property

Fools can not dash me my right
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by ofiko123(m): 6:55am On Nov 07, 2020
Which one be Lagos governmenr now??
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by ofiko123(m): 6:55am On Nov 07, 2020
Another protest wont do anybody any good..
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by nnamdi19922: 6:56am On Nov 07, 2020
YoonSung56:
Who wan protest again? Abeg Christmas is near, don't want to spend it in the hospital smiley I dey my house

Abeg Get responsive website + Domain Registration + SEO for 20k. Check my signature for contact details
na ur type wey make nigeria no go ever see new face of improvement. since u dey do christmas, u don buy one plot of land?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by MozB: 6:57am On Nov 07, 2020
Algold:
Hunt game is gradually taking it course on those that pioneer #Endsar. We are watching closely. We will stand against intimidation, harassment and arrest.

I want to urge every youth by 2021 when INEC open for voters registration to get there voter card.

2023 is the year we will be taking our destiny in our hands. I can bet you even our parents want to eat the fruits of their labour after years of training us to school and work.

2023 the youths will be filling every vacant position available. Which will be systematic and well organize.

They now know what the youths are capable of doing. We should not loose focus, we must get it right once and for all. Gradually we will set standard for every other Africa countries under the siege of bad governance and leaders.

Together we can make NIGERIA work again
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by 0taPiaPia(m): 6:57am On Nov 07, 2020
I thought they were issuing threat before.. no government is higher than the people.. let the government of this country forgive its citizens for being so docile over the past decades.. NO MORE !!! .
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by hopexter(m): 6:58am On Nov 07, 2020
YoonSung56:
Who wan protest again? Abeg Christmas is near, don't want to spend it in the hospital smiley I dey my house

Speak for yourself. If looted palliatives don finish and no change regarding their demands and yet protesters are being intimidated, threatened against all visible evidence relating to Lekki Massacre, we go still protest. It's too late to stop moving angry
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by lagosrd: 6:58am On Nov 07, 2020
Ojokinugwa:
We hear say FRSC wan de carry guns shay na like this we go de dee? And you said we should keep quiet.

Old people with their archaic ideas. On what basis should FRSC be allowed to carry guns. They are just providing more problems for the ones on ground.

This government has to be extremely careful. They need to do more in restoring public confidence and stop the harassment. The last protest was not stopped because they met the yearnings of the people. It took a bad turn of cannage, looting and destruction..

As it stands there is still pains on the sides of all losers ; the people that lost their love ones and the people that lost their properties . I just pray that it doesnt happen again because it may not be controllable even if you kill people.

Belarus president has been sanctioned by the EU for cracking down on protesters . I hope we are learning from that too.

Lastly government should start legislating and implementing laws that directly affects the citizens positively via executive order. This is a period to win public trust not to fuel it again.

Policies like
1. reductions in public transport fares:
2. Merging ministries like VIO/LASTMA/FRSC
3. Scraping the ones that are just consuming money.
4. Include both the executive, legislators and the judiciary into the central payment system like the way they are patronizing ASUU
5. Stop abuse of power and citizens brutalization by disallowing security outfits from mediating on any issues and let organizations and courts do their job.
6. Restructure the country and let all states control their resources.
7. Reduce school tutions and reduce the numbers of aides a government runs and reduce their salaries and packages .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Angelfrost(m): 6:59am On Nov 07, 2020
miketayo:

that's a dumb statement, was it the protesters that burnt the buses or did the looting of private businesses?

Ignore imbeciles suffering from Stockholm's Syndrome!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by dederocs(m): 7:02am On Nov 07, 2020
Nigeria being a federation unit, is divided in zones and states, i think each state should do what is right for them, those in the north dight against your problems and vice versa, we are not one, or same.North is worst now in terms of poverty, corruption and religious extremism, Yesufu Aisha should fight for the North, that is where she is from.
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by dederocs(m): 7:05am On Nov 07, 2020
EndNair:
We will protest
Are you interested in learning a high income skill in the field of I.T but can't afford to pay for expensive trainings? Get one of the brand new 500 gigabyte ext. hard drives Pre-loaded with top rated easy to understand video courses in various in-demand I.T skills.

-Programming
-Web development
-Data Science
-SQL
-Mobile App dev't
-Cybersecurity & Ethical hacking
- DevOps
-Cloud Computing
-UX/UI design
-Graphic Design
-Video Editing
-Your Request(if any)

Several Bestselling & highly rated courses under each section totally thousands of videos. Included are also softwares, hundreds of best-selling ebooks, compilers, hands on projects & professional exams prep guide. Total Volume is over 450gb. What'sapp me (Timothy) on +234 8064-94-329-7 for more details(No risks, it is PAYMENT AFTER DELIVERY)
Keep protesting without any goal, i see how you will do business in anarchy grin
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 07, 2020
YoonSung56:

Abeg Get responsive website + Domain Registration + SEO for 20k. Check my signature for contact details
See this one dey talk of Christmas as old as u are.. no wonder u no dey get works. Building cut n nail websites for 20k then after 2 months clients go begin complain.

Fear kee u there angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 07, 2020
omodaamola:

No protest will be tolerated? Don't we have the right to protest again? undecided

What is happening in this country sef?

You killed, brutalized innocent citizens and you want us to keep calm shocked

This isn't longer democracy wink

Meanwhile, if you're interested to start a profitable forex, please Chat up now (Serious minded biko)

No protest will be tolerated again in Lagos without passing obstacles courses and integrity test. Future protest may have protesters on opposite sides .This will be very dangerous and bloody.

The Police have warned against such protest.

Nigeria does not start and end in Lagos. The protest should be shifted to PortHarcourt or Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 07, 2020
YoonSung56:
Your Headache!
Look bush.. coward

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by koffikondo: 7:13am On Nov 07, 2020
We won't protest again sir. We will give the full video that can never be deleted and this time we wouldn't mind your cctv anymore. If u like you mount 1000 pcs of them around you. If u like you stage a battalion of soldiers around you. The monsters will still win. We are regrouping and just waiting for the year to run out.

2021 will be a continuation of vision 2020. #endbadgovernance
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by abbeyfel: 7:13am On Nov 07, 2020
DryMouth:
All the pple shouting #endsars.
Shey y'all av killed innocent pple indirectly and stayed low baa!
What result did the endsars yielded? Absolutely Nothing!.

Now pple are dead, shops/businesses av bin looted, many places av bin set ablaze as a result of ur nonsense endsars that didnt yield any positive result.
Y'all devils av carried on with ur useless lives. Drinking, smoking f*cking up and down baa.
Your Mumuism is greatly on another level! You are stupid and you don't know. Well. That's one thing with stupidity

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Jabioro: 7:18am On Nov 07, 2020
Yes new protest is on gradually,you better curb it now before it escalate..#enddisconewtariff# the NLC had sold her bold to the dog..#500 I now 7 units from 22... Haba!!!
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Neddstark: 7:18am On Nov 07, 2020
Dear Lagos state government, it is our right to protest. If things get out of hands, we will definitely protest.
But blocking the roads and turning major routes into youth carnivals, that is some bullshit, arrest us if we do that.
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by omodaamola: 7:19am On Nov 07, 2020
babaolofin:

No protest will be tolerated again in Lagos without passing obstacles courses and integrity test. Future protest may have protesters on opposite sides .This will be very dangerous and bloody.

The Police have warned against such protest.

Nigeria does not start and end in Lagos. The protest should be shifted to PortHarcourt or Enugu.

Has this been constitutionally updated? wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Benohio(m): 7:19am On Nov 07, 2020
It is like APC members don't even know anything about the Constitution and the rights of the citizens therein. As it stands this government has become illegitimate. They forget that the ultimate power is with the people and you can never win against your people. The Nigerian govt always have this 'I am god' mentality over its citizens. Right now they want to shut the mouths of every citizen and human rights N.G.Os by all means. But something really big is coming that would hit them upfront. Something they can not handle. And their families might pay for it. They are digging fresh wounds. The people are not sleeping.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by abbeyfel: 7:19am On Nov 07, 2020
Silverpurple:

Na so right dey loss? Unless they changed the constitution, Nigerians still have the right to stage peaceful protest! Standing against this is tyranny!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria: Igr (internally Generated Revenue) - Lagos, Sokoto Lead The Way / PDP Clears All 3 Senate Seats In Kaduna / Mike Ozekhome Vs Femi Falana On Ndume's Suspension

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.