Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,641 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests (28995 Views)

Soldiers Kill Police Inspector In Adamawa; Gov Urges Calm / LP, PDP Chieftains Urges Calm As Presidential Tribunal Delivers Judgement / Fuel Subsidy: Labour Fumes As IMF Warns FG Against Fresh Borrowings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by ebenezer202l(f): 9:53am On Nov 07, 2020
[s]
Cutiekatty:

All your life how Christmas have you celebrated? Has it change the faith of our country? Or make things better? If Care is not taken even on Christmas day people will protest because of inability to provide food for their love ones. Mark my word the next protest will be massive and there will be no backing down, most Nigerians have become the walking dead,a living corpse and are not afraid to die, let police or the military kill them ,they will be doing them a Favour.
[/s] shut up there lazy fellow and go get yourself engaged with something.
I can see your problem is joblessness cos if you had a job you wouldn't post this trash.
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by membranus: 9:54am On Nov 07, 2020
uuzba:

Is looking for #ENDAnotherThing.

Yes we still have a lot of #ENDAnotherThings to protest about.

Let us start where the last one ends.

Untill ALL is truly WELL with the nation.
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by dederocs(m): 10:06am On Nov 07, 2020
abbeyfel:
Na so right dey loss? Unless they changed the constitution, Nigerians still have the right to stage peaceful protest! Standing against this is tyranny!
Yes, but protests must be peaceful, because the last one should teach us all a lesson, i kniw the protests were hijacked, but i think next strategy should not be about blocking of roads, because as history has shown, when roads are blocked other factions and citizens will go against the protests, cos it is infringing on their own right of peaceful movement, from one point to another without restrictions, and government is obliged to ensure to that. Let us not forget millions of Nigerian youths also work directly and indirectly for these unions, this is how they eat. The best way is conduct your protest, or take it to the national assembly, those are meant to be our representatives. This present democratic systems came about via both mental and violent revolution, the American civil war, American war for liberation from the British, World war was fought to preserve freedoms, of course it gave the allies an edge, they were the ones available to create the New World order.... great men like Marcus Garvey, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Mandela Madiba, and co, fought to entrench black liberation, and equal rights for all colours, during all these struggle a lot of people perished. We have this democracy now, paid for in sweat and blood, what are we doing with it, let us engage the youth mentally, and create a change. Do not be a thug to a useless politician wey no send yoy cos of chop change, do not vote for a thief politician cos of bag of rice and salt, by mental reorientation we can change this country quicker. It is not only vote, but support, rallies, and co, use your energy to support credible men of proven integrity. Nigeria is very tribalistic, violent revolution will lead to the people consuming each othet due to ethnic, religious, and tribal divides. People have died for this democratic system, and freedoms the world enjoys, almost 50million souls perished in WW2 alone... it is the best system the world recognises for now. We must not take this relative peace we enjoy for granted. Restructuring will come, but everything now under democracy is through ballots/public refferendum and votes/public opinion. We must move forward, let us use the instruments of democracy, and force politicians to work, from their constituencies or recall them. We demand a transparent INEC, and neutrality of security forces during elections, as it is seen in other democracies worldwide. Nigerians should push for constitutional reforms, on how we employ Election commission heads, the power should be under the legislature directly to vote for an election commission head, the legislature should
be purged, we need credible men there...that is the people in government(senate/house of reps).

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Abidecdrock(m): 10:06am On Nov 07, 2020
DryMouth:
All the pple shouting #endsars.
Shey y'all av killed innocent pple indirectly and stayed low baa!
What result did the endsars yielded? Absolutely Nothing!.

Now pple are dead, shops/businesses av bin looted, many places av bin set ablaze as a result of ur nonsense endsars that didnt yield any positive result.
Y'all devils av carried on with ur useless lives. Drinking, smoking f*cking up and down baa.
Your phone is yet to be collected so you don't type another stupid post. You will soon become a police victim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by israelinvests: 10:15am On Nov 07, 2020
FOR BUYER AND GENUINE PROPERTY.
Are you looking for a property to buy, sell or rent ? Then you are in the right place. Tell us your prefer location in Lagos ,most especially in area like , yaba, surulere, mushin , oshodi, olorun, orilowo ejigbo, abulegba, iyana-paja, commands. we got it for you, with good price. We are also into logistics for distance trip, we help to sell cars both used and tokunbo. An interested person should contact me on 08038174098 . WhatsApp 08101860397
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Nobody: 10:15am On Nov 07, 2020
dederocs:

Yee, but protests must be peaceful, because the last one should teach us all a lesson, i kniw the protests were hijacked, but i think next strategy should not be about blocking of roads, because as history has shown, when roads are blocked other factions and citizens will go against the protests, cos it is infringing on their own right of peaceful movement, from one point to another without restrictions, and government is obliged to ensure to that. Let us not forget millions of Nigerian youths also work directly and indirectly for these unions, this is how they eat. The best way is conduct your protest, or take it to the national assembly, those are meant to be our representatives. This present democratic systems came about via both mental and violent revolution, the American civil war, American war for liberation from the British, World war was fought to preserve freedoms, of course it gave the allies an edge, they were the ones available to create the New World order.... great men like Marcus Garvey, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Mandela Madiba, and co, fought to entrench black liberation, and equal rights for all colours, during all these struggle a lot of people perished. We have this democracy now, paid for in sweat and blood, what are we doing with it, let us engage the youth mentally, and create a change. Do not be a thug to a useless politician wey no send yoy cos of chop change, do not vote for a thief politician cos of bag of rice and salt, by mental reorientation we can change this country quicker. It is not only vote, but support, rallies, and co, use your energy to support credible men of proven integrity. Nigeria is very tribalistic, violent revolution will lead to the people consuming each othet due to ethnic, religious, and tribal divides. Restructuring will come, but everything now under democracy us through ballots and votes/public opinion. We must move forward, let us use the instruments of democracy, and force politicians to work, from their constituencies.

This message I can certainly endorse but don't expect lazy and bone-headed Nigerian youths to listen to you. They are not well-read or informed enough to understand the problems let alone have a clue about solutions needed.

As you rightly identified, our Senators and Reps are our representatives. By the time 20 or more of them are recalled, in #OperationENDNASS, it will dawn on the rest of them to present our uncompromising demands aggresively to government or face losing their lucrative jobs.

That is the way forward not going to camp outside Tinubu's homes or business while those currently charged with administrating Nigeria are on massage tables in luxury spas all over Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by dederocs(m): 10:23am On Nov 07, 2020
OneTemplate:

This message I can certainly endorse but don't expect lazy and bone-headed Nigerian youths to listen to you. They are not well-read or informed enough to understand the problems let alone have a clue about solutions needed.

As you rightly identified, our Senators and Reps are our representatives. By the time 20 or more of them are recalled, in #OperationENDNASS, it will dawn on the rest of them to present our uncompromising demands aggresively to government or face losing their lucrative jobs.

That is the way forward not going to camp outside Tinubu's homes or business while those currently charged with administrating Nigeria are on massage tables in luxury spas all over Abuja.
#operationrecallsenatorsandrepmembers# we need a hashtage on this bro. We must force politicians to work, or recall them. We just need to demand strong Judiciary, and Juduciary must be 100% autonomous, as it is supposed to be under seperation of powers theory. We have dealt with the problem of a bad police force, let us work on our senate and legislature, this is where our main problem lies.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 07, 2020
dederocs:

#operationrecallsenatorsandrepmembers# we need a hashtage on this bro. We must force politicians to work, or recall them. We just need to demand strong Judiciary, and Juduciary must be 100% autonomous, as it is supposed to be under seperation of powers theory. We have dealt with the problem of a bad police force, let us work on our senate and legislature, this is where our main problem lies.

Totally agree Sir and I am ready to devote months of my life to join any protests aimed at forcing our legislative arm to enact the changes only they can.

What most Nigerians dont know is that, in our system of governance, our legislators are our direct reepresentatives who must go and present our collective demand to the government.

Through them we can get what we want from the government if only we educate ourselves to understand the power we have and learn to hold our legislators accountable for changes we want.

We are their bosses. We put them in office and they must serve us. Enough of them telling us they can't do this or can't do that!!!!! . They either deliver the collective changes we want or we recall them all one by one!!!!!

We then face State Governors and Local government chairmen also.

Any protest that is nor organised, strategic and crystal clear in what it wants to achieve and who to target as capable of delivering solutions Nigerians need will just be a waste of all our time.

It will only leave the biggest culprit of Nigeria's misrule, i.e her legislative arm, laughing and mocking us for destroying ourselves and targeting the wrong leaders while they continue to shop for Bentleys, Ferraris and Lamborghinis.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by OyinO: 10:55am On Nov 07, 2020
If you don't want Protests, why don't meet the demands of the youths to simply avoid their Protests? Stewpeed Politicians who are hell-bent in destroying the Nigerian youths by every means possible.
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Silverpurple: 11:08am On Nov 07, 2020
omodaamola:

Again, where was it recorded that protesters did that? During the protest, there were looters and there were thugs of whom most are government sponsored to disengage the peaceful protest wink

Wasn't in Lagos mass transit bus that mobilized thugs to protest ground at Alausa?

See eh, let's face the realities, our government, politicians are not sincere to serve....

The government thugs disrupted the protest. But my dear, it was not the government that looted, they were average citizens like me and you, with a fine mix of greed and hunger (some are not even hungry), they are all around us, infact they are us.

Who will guarantee the safety of they few of us running businesses. Not you I'm sure. Once you can guarantee my business will not be looted by another average Nigerian, I will join the protest.

You will notice, the police can see this. That is why they are withdrawing the police from private people and businesses.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by maikeke(m): 11:18am On Nov 07, 2020
Who ever stop protesting is a bastard, this crook lead destruction of lives and properties but still attempt another nonsense and stupidity. They want to set our dear country on fire and runaway, I am calling on all security agents to be ready for this uncall madness EndSars Protest
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by moodyguy: 11:28am On Nov 07, 2020
DryMouth:

As long as am concerned u didnt achieve anything.
Y'all are bunch of cowards. Wen buhari made his speech, all of you went into hiding.
You Buhari wud die 659 times.For your info Police men and now afraid of us.....if i hear PIM from any POLICE

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by luvmijeje(f): 11:30am On Nov 07, 2020
Foolish Governor. You should continue supporting their lawlessness na.

Foolish man.
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by nekez: 11:31am On Nov 07, 2020
How do I connect you

YoonSung56:
Who wan protest again? Abeg Christmas is near, don't want to spend it in the hospital smiley I dey my house

Abeg Get responsive website + Domain Registration + SEO for 20k. Check my signature for contact details
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by DryMouth: 11:35am On Nov 07, 2020
Ajsmart:
No problem. When the police even shoot you we’ll walk past your body on the way to buy suya and orijin. If you ask why we didn’t help you, we’ll remind you of your post where you stated that fighting police brutality will yield absolutely nothing!

The truth is Bitter but the truth is bitter!
Y'all are cowards. The protest is meant to continue even after Buhari's speech.
Y'all are bunch of cowards.
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by DryMouth: 11:36am On Nov 07, 2020
Abidecdrock:

My phone is yet to be collected so I don't type another stupid post. I will soon become a police victim
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by DryMouth: 11:37am On Nov 07, 2020
moodyguy:
You Buhari wud die 659 times.For your info Police men and now afraid of us.....if i hear PIM from any POLICE
Coward!
pple are dead and u guys backed off. If u had mind den u shuld continue the protest not to come online and start making mouth.
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Christistruth00: 11:38am On Nov 07, 2020
Silverpurple:

I think you lost that right somewhere into burning mass transit buses and looting business...

Endsars Protesters killed 22 Police Officers and burnt down their Police Stations and Courts, carted away live ammunition, slaughtered civilians, drove Oba of Lagos from his Palace , burnt a TV Station and Newspaper HQ , broke into Prisons and released Prisoners!!!!!

If you want to protest next time go to Aso Rock in Abuja leave Southern Nigeria out of your destruction!!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 07, 2020
ebenezer202l:
another useless bini hoodlum that broke prison wall and released your criminal brothers into the state and now they're turn Edo state into a city of nightmare.
It's just a matter of time you all would be caged soon.
Your generations before and after are useless as u evidently are. Go back to kindergarten and learn simple and basic English.. Fool !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by dederocs(m): 11:50am On Nov 07, 2020
OneTemplate:

Totally agree Sir and I am ready to devote months of my life to join any protests aimed at forcing our legislative arm to enact the changes only they can.

What most Nigerians dont know is that, in our system of governance, our legislators are our direct reepresentatives who must go and present our collective demand to the government.

Through them we can get what we want from the government if only we educate ourselves to understand the power we have and learn to hold our legislators accountable for changes we want.

We are their bosses. We put them in office and they must serve us. Enough of them telling us they can't do this or can't do that!!!!! . They either deliver the collective changes we want or we recall them all one by one!!!!!

We then face State Governors and Local government chairmen also.

Any protest that is nor organised, strategic and crystal clear in what it wants to achieve and who to target as capable of delivering solutions Nigerians need will just be a waste of all our time.

It will only leave the biggest culprit of Nigeria's misrule, i.e her legislative arm, laughing and mocking us for destroying ourselves and targeting the wrong leaders while they continue to shop for Bentleys, Ferraris and Lamborghinis.
Apt...i was watching bbc news during the latest debate on new palliatives to give to the British people of a particular constituent, i was impressed at how the parliamentarian vigorously challenged the Prime Minister, demanding for more funding for members of the constituency, he was so passionate in representing his people, but in Nigeria our senate is rubber stamp, our house of reps are a** lickers to the executive, flashing flashy cars and bleeping all the girls up and down. This must stop, they must represent us, as their name implies, or we #recallthem#

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by ebenezer202l(f): 11:53am On Nov 07, 2020
[s]
dairykidd:

Your generations before and after are useless as u evidently are. Go back to kindergarten and learn simple and basic English.. Fool !!!
[/s] Edo cultist spotted.
Your end is near
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:03pm On Nov 07, 2020
omodaamola:

Wahala for you o grin, I only quoted what's wrong with the post...It is not constitutionally right. Let's be sincere with ourselves. wink
The protest was a disaster.
It will take a state like Lagos where I live like years to recover

If we can't ensure that future peaceful protest won't be hijacked then there is no need to ever protest again

I Kno how badly that protest affected me
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by moodyguy: 1:20pm On Nov 07, 2020
DryMouth:

Coward!
pple are dead and u guys backed off. If u had mind den u shuld continue the protest not to come online and start making mouth.
did u go out to protest... i was at the forefont
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by deebrain(m): 1:21pm On Nov 07, 2020
ebenezer202l:
shut up illiterate

Educated fool, educate me.
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Christistruth00: 1:51pm On Nov 07, 2020
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by hopexter(m): 2:31pm On Nov 07, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

This time you WILL be shot dead! Just try it.

We are all living corpses any way, why not gladly get shot for a better course for the next generation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Cutiekatty: 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2020
ebenezer202l:
shut up there lazy fellow and go get yourself engaged with something.
I can see your problem is joblessness cos if you had a job you wouldn't post this trash.
I can see you are one of the self centered bigot celebrating the impunity of this government, I understand being a slay queen you are, protest will be bad for business, all your sugar pot belly Idiots that make you their slave will have to leave the country for safety purpose, I understand your predicament madam professional olosho, omo soak away.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Saltzman00: 3:56pm On Nov 07, 2020
DryMouth:
All the pple shouting #endsars.
Shey y'all av killed innocent pple indirectly and stayed low baa!
What result did the endsars yielded? Absolutely Nothing!.

Now pple are dead, shops/businesses av bin looted, many places av bin set ablaze as a result of ur nonsense endsars that didnt yield any positive result.
Y'all devils av carried on with ur useless lives. Drinking, smoking f*cking up and down baa.
you are a niconpu for typing this trash here ..a sect of the nigerian police called sars kept doing evil for years and people couldn't take it any longer, cos all the government had ever done was make empty promises about reforms countless times with nothing ABSOLUTELY nothing being done about it now theyve been scraped and people are trooping out to the various pannels investigating there wicked act all these years you still open ur God forsaken mouth to ask what positive result the protest yielded....its official. ..youre MAD!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Saltzman00: 4:13pm On Nov 07, 2020
dairykidd:

See beggar wants to pretend online grin grin after here u go begin beg for 10k to do sites for people. You call that being useful Better bring that ur useless life to be sacrificed on the alter of freedom. Are u not tired of collecting 15k -10k once in 4 months with insults to build cut n nail websites
You nor want upgrade grin grin
hehehehehehe i don die o...haba u mean this guy before ?...
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Saltzman00: 4:14pm On Nov 07, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

You WILL be SHOT dead!
you and your entire family of beggers would not be shoot dead but used for rituals. ...amen!!!....vagabond! !!
Re: Lagos Governmenr Urges Calm, Warns Against Fresh Protests by Ganzoh: 4:53pm On Nov 07, 2020
MusaChukwudi:

Pity your mama. This time around you WILL be shot dead.

Looting and anarchy is not human right!

Goat do you think I am a fool like you who would go and loot....it's idiots like this that makes all our efforts go to waste misguided waste of sperm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Declares Iyiola Omisore Wanted For N700m Fraud (Pic) / Now That Stephanie Otobo's Mother Has Exposed Her Daughter By Reno Omokri / Osinbajo: I Am The First Born Again Vice President Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.