Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,776 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan (7237 Views)

Buhari To Debate Jonathan / Presidential Debate (Jonathan Vs Buhari) To Hold On February 8 - NEDG / Barcanista, Obiageli, Omenka And Donphilopus Challenge PDP Warriors For Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by abopal: 8:10am On Mar 15, 2011
[b]Jonathan, Sambo ready for debate – Aide
News Mar 15, 2011
ABUJA – The Presidency has declared that President Goodluck Jonathan and Vice President Namadi Sambo are fully ready and willing to participate in a televised live debate with the presidential and vice presidential candidates of the other political parties.

A statement yesterday by Ima Niboro, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity said: “This clarification comes against the background of insinuations in some quarters that the duo are avoiding a debate with the other candidates.

“The Presidency has not accepted any of the invitations to debate which have come so far from a plethora of groups and associations because we believe that this multiplicity of competing platforms detracts from the seriousness, gravity and unified national focus that should normally be associated with presidential debates.

“The Presidency is also aware that there is a traditional platform for staging presidential debates in Nigeria under the recognised auspices of the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria, BON, and that arrangements are underway for a presidential debate on this platform before this year’s election.

“President Jonathan and his vice are more than ready to debate on this national platform which has well-established procedures and rules of engagement and look forward to receiving an invitation from the organisers.

“It is preposterous to insinuate that the duo are reluctant or afraid of a debate with other presidential candidates as it ought to be obvious that they have no reason to be hesitant about debating any of the candidates being presented by other political parties.

“By reason of  incumbency, qualifications and long continuous experience in governance at state and national levels, Jonathan and Sambo have a far better grasp and understanding of the nation’s challenges than any of their opponents and are better placed than them to proffer workable solutions to the country’s problems.

This will become more apparent to all Nigerians when the debates eventually takes place. This clarification has become necessary to lay to rest the seeming confusion that has attended the matter of the presidential debates.”[/b]

http://allafrica.com/stories/201103150520.html
http://spreadsheettemplates./2011/03/15/were-ready-for-debate-jonathan-sambo-nigerian-tribune/
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by abopal: 8:12am On Mar 15, 2011
why should the President not be willing to participate in the Debate organized by an INDEPENDENT body rather he seeks for one hosted by a compromised body like BON?
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by abopal: 8:13am On Mar 15, 2011
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Maybe they have assured him to leak out the questions to him and also shout down his opponents during debate. lol[/font
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by omo9ja1(m): 1:10pm On Mar 15, 2011
Niboro its a shame that you are just thinking in one direction, why you think that MR GEJ can only attend debate organised by BON, Its shows that your Boss administration are not confident/competent enough to hold a public debate organice by the private sector, all your games will soon be over I pray you are looking for job after April election can someone say a big amen to that!
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by fxskye: 1:18pm On Mar 15, 2011
Hum! This is nice 2 hear. I hope the debate will not be perfected in favour of our GEJ. May be his usual luck will do this.

I suggest this debate should be based on fact & figures, administrative processes  & Milestones including deliverables to be acheived by aspirants.

I'm waiting to see GEJ answering question on corruption practices who just celebrated an ex-convict Bode George.

Please, can we suggest or write out some questins what debating? I mean of national issues on Security, Food, Employment, Housing, Education, Law etc

And not question on how " I had no shoe" but now I've one,

omo9ja1:

Niboro its a shame that you are just thinking in one direction, why you think that MR GEJ can only attend debate organised by BON, Its shows that your Boss administration are not confident/competent enough to hold a public debate organice by the private sector, all your games will soon be over I pray you are looking for job after April election can someone say a big amen to that!
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by akindots: 1:22pm On Mar 15, 2011
This Goodluck guy sef ehn, His inexperience and lack of courage keeps being exposed every second.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by abopal: 1:25pm On Mar 15, 2011
I dont know why the original Debate was prevented from being properly aired by the 'powers that be'.
CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN?
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by eros(m): 1:28pm On Mar 15, 2011
omo9ja1:

I say a BIG AMEN to that.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Guk: 1:31pm On Mar 15, 2011
Pls let GEJ not participate. His temperament will be exposed embarassed
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by ideylaff: 1:34pm On Mar 15, 2011
ALWAYS BACKPEDALING, ALWAYS, AFTER A CLANGER DS NIBORO BOBO IS A JOKE WITH HIS BOS OOOO,

His Title should be  Special Adviser to the President on BADMedia and BADPublicity
sad sad
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Exponental(m): 1:41pm On Mar 15, 2011
abopal:

Jonathan, Sambo ready for debate – Aide
News Mar 15, 2011

“The Presidency is also aware that there is a [b][size=28pt]tradition[/size][/b]al platform for staging presidential debates in Nigeria under the recognised auspices of the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria, BON, and that arrangements are underway for a presidential debate on this platform before this year’s election.

“President Jonathan and his vice are more than ready to debate on this national platform which has [size=28pt]well-established procedures and [/size] [size=28pt]rules of engagement[/size] and look forward to receiving an invitation from the organisers.

“By reason of  incumbency, qualifications and long continuous experience in governance at state and national levels, Jonathan and Sambo [b][size=28pt]have a far better grasp and understanding of the[/size]
[size=28pt]nation’s challenges[/size] than any of their opponents and are better placed than them to proffer workable solutions to the country’s problems.

highlighted paragraphs 1 & 2 means the same thing, [size=50pt]EXPO[/size] to the questions
h-paragraph 3 na film trick, there was a starting pt for them, definitely, others will have a starting pt tooo.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by seedord247(m): 1:42pm On Mar 15, 2011
make the moderator hold dictionary for hand that day ooooooo
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by zeeleso(f): 1:46pm On Mar 15, 2011
abopal:

It is preposterous to insinuate that the duo are reluctant or afraid of a debate with other presidential candidates as it ought to be obvious that they have no reason to be hesitant about debating any of the candidates being presented by other political parties.
See how they shoot themselves in the foot, now are you admitting that the reasons you initially gave(see quote below) are weak and quite frankly transparent thereby not good or solid enough to actually be reasons. PDP , which day, when would you ever say something and stick to it.  Contrary to your beliefs, not all Nigerians forget the days before.  
PDP, it was gathered, felt the presidential debate was a bait for some of the political parties to embarrass its presidential candidate and the running mate

Btw jare: I've had my hopes shattered by the PDP enough times to never take them on their words, i'll believe this when Jonathan actually starts talking during the debate, because there is still a very high chance that he'll represent just like Sambo did or even make it to the hall and pull an Orji on us. you know what they say about birds of a feather.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by asamuel: 1:54pm On Mar 15, 2011
jonathan has got expo. now the debate can continue grin grin grin grin
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by debest1(m): 1:56pm On Mar 15, 2011
^^^All the candidates get the questions in advance in order to prepare adequately. So there is really no advantage for anyone in this case
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by proudly9ja(m): 1:57pm On Mar 15, 2011
The other candidates should not participate in any debate organised by BON or NTA or any government organisation. It is unfair to participate in a debate where the incumbent has already received questions.

If the president cannot participate in a debate organised by an independent body, then so be it.

After they will be blaming secondary school students who seek expo before exams.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by proudly9ja(m): 1:58pm On Mar 15, 2011
debest1:

^^^All the candidates get the questions in advance in order to prepare adequately. So there is really no advantage for anyone in this case
Not totally true. Fact is, govt has some key information not available to others.

Secondly, if GEJ can make sure that he receives questions before the debate, how are we sure he would not vet questions too? i.e. make sure questions he cannot answer are not asked?
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by OAM4J: 2:00pm On Mar 15, 2011
proudly9ja:

The other candidates should not participate in any debate organised by BON or NTA or any government organisation. It is unfair to participate in a debate where the incumbent has already received questions.

If the president cannot participate in a debate organised by an independent body, then so be it.

After they will be blaming secondary school students who seek expo before exams.

Gbam!

Needless say more.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by debest1(m): 2:03pm On Mar 15, 2011
proudly9ja:

Not totally true. Fact is, govt has some key information not available to others.

Secondly, if GEJ can make sure that he receives questions before the debate, how are we sure he would not vet questions too? i.e. make sure questions he cannot answer are not asked?

There is no advantage for GEJ in this instance, the info he has on the economy etc is not going to work in his favour when the economy is in such as state, like I said all the candidates will get the questions in advance so as to cordinate their responses, so whether he vets the questions or not is not going to be an issue he will still get asked about what his plans for the nation are
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Bukittes(f): 2:11pm On Mar 15, 2011
Debate or no debate, participate or no participate, Talk is cheap and that isn't what we even need sef! We need action from all these morons!
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by debest1(m): 2:13pm On Mar 15, 2011
Bukittes:

Debate or no debate, participate or no participate, Talk is cheap and that isn't what we even need sef! We need action from all these morons!
there can be no action without your mandate grin grin so make sure you vote , emmmmmmm
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by fuke(m): 2:25pm On Mar 15, 2011
@Ima Niboro

you guys no de shame to lie?

Competence my foot. !2 years of PDP, 4 of those with GEJ either No I or No 2.

Nairalanders, see what Ima Nirobo calls competence.

1.3000 megawatts of electricity for 150million people. South Africa generates more than 10,000.
More darkness than light.

2. Massive youth unemployment. 4 jobless graduates in a family.

3 25-30%lending rate.

4.Bombs here and there.

5#12.5m in a middle level civil servant acct. Corruption unlimited.

6. Oppression of opposing voices(arrest of North elders forum)

7.Ogun State house of assembly shot for this long. Murdering democracy

8.Arm twisting of judiciary aka Salami and arrest of Sokoto Guber judgement.

9 Boko Haram, Niger Dellta and Jos.

10. One step forward two steps backward in education.

And so o and so on.

I bet your candidates cannot even defeat me in a debate,
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Pharoh: 2:30pm On Mar 15, 2011
zeeleso:

See how they shoot themselves in the foot, now are you admitting that the reasons you initially gave(see quote below) are weak and quite frankly transparent thereby not good or solid enough to actually be reasons.

The reasons they gave for avoiding the earlier debates up to this moment has been consistent and no changes even to this present revelation.  I would say they are very much on point for those excuses judging from the situation on ground and in my opinion the BON is the right party to organize this debate for fairness and impartiality. So those people shouting that good luck has been avoiding debate are now proved wrong now. They should take up the challenge and join the president in whatever debate he decides to participate as from now on.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by proudly9ja(m): 2:44pm On Mar 15, 2011
Pharoh:

The reasons they gave for avoiding the earlier debates up to this moment has been consistent and no changes even to this present revelation.  I would say they are very much on point for those excuses judging from the situation on ground and in my opinion the BON is the right party to organize this debate for[b] fairness and impartiality[/b]. So those people shouting that good luck has been avoiding debate are now proved wrong now. They should take up the challenge and join the president in whatever debate he decides to participate as from now on.
BON?? Fairness and impartiality? really?
A govt owned organisation that supplied 'expo' to the govt is fair?
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Johnpaul2k2(m): 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2011
I'M SEEING SOME JEALOUSY HERE
BEFORE WAS THAT
GEJ DOESN'T WANT TO PARTICIPATE
NOW HE AGREED TO TAKE A PART
STILL
SOME BLACK BERRY (BB 2011) BOYS
CONTINUE TO CASTIGATE HIM AGAIN
WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM GEJ
TELL ME
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by zeeleso(f): 2:59pm On Mar 15, 2011
Pharoh:

[b]The reasons they gave for avoiding the earlier debates [/b]up to this moment has been consistent and no changes even to this present revelation.  I would say they are very much on point for those excuses judging from the situation on ground and in my opinion the BON is the right party to organize this debate for fairness and impartiality. So those people shouting that good luck has been avoiding debate are now proved wrong now. They should take up the challenge and join the president in whatever debate he decides to participate as from now on.
The Bold is my point exactly. They gave reasons for being hesitant, but why are they now saying they have no reasons to be hesitant. Did they forget the reasons they gave before or Are they denying they ever gave reasons to avoid the first debate at all or Could it be that they have seen the light like most of us and now realise that those were too lame to be reasons in the first place? I'm really getting tired of the PDP trend of changing stories daily.

So my fellow 9ja man, i'm not talking about their various reasons been consistent or not. The point is that they gave us some reasons. [s]And dont get me wrong, this is good news in many ways.[/s]
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by kasiem(m): 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2011
Yes! That'll be the best platform 4 bakare to expose ribadu. Goodluck to u all
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by dayokanu(m): 3:09pm On Mar 15, 2011
GEJ is a disgrace to all PhD holders
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Rhino5dm: 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2011
dayokanu:

GEJ is a disgrace to all PhD holders from uniport
^^^ corrected!
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Pharoh: 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2011
zeeleso:

The Bold is my point exactly. They gave reasons for being hesitant, but why are they now saying they have no reasons to be hesitant. Did they forget the reasons they gave before or Are they denying they ever gave reasons to avoid the first debate at all or Could it be that they have seen the light like most of us and now realise that those were too lame to be reasons in the first place? I'm really getting tired of the PDP trend of changing stories daily.

So my fellow 9ja man, i'm not talking about their various reasons been consistent or not. The point is that they gave us some reasons. [s]And dont get me wrong, this is a good news in many ways.[/s]

I see your point but to me i think the other party were actually saying they did not want to participate in any debate but their position has been that they want to participate if their concerns will be addressed. So they have always wanted to participate in a debate but those excuses were actually concerns they want to be addressed before they would participate. There is difference between i don't want to participate and these are my reasons which even when addressed still i would not participate and i have always wanted to participate but these concerns must be met before i go ahead. One is changeable and the other is not changeable but i really do like your points and the debate is a good news to me as well.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by proudly9ja(m): 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2011
Johnpaul2k2:

I'M SEEING SOME JEALOUSY HERE
BEFORE WAS THAT
GEJ DOESN'T WANT TO PARTICIPATE
NOW HE AGREED TO TAKE A PART
STILL
SOME BLACK BERRY (BB 2011) BOYS
CONTINUE TO CASTIGATE HIM AGAIN
WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM GEJ
TELL ME
Just one thing: Free and Fair Elections.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Beaf1: 3:30pm On Mar 15, 2011
NONSENSE!
Why was he hesitant? and why opt for the one organise or coordinated by BON? so that the questions will be doctored before the debate?

We are not fools
BB All The Way
cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wyclef Jean Shot In Hand In Haiti / NRC Resumes Cargo Train Operation After 10 Years / If This Happens Buhari Will Become President Mark My Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.