Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan (7244 Views)

Buhari To Debate Jonathan / Presidential Debate (Jonathan Vs Buhari) To Hold On February 8 - NEDG / Barcanista, Obiageli, Omenka And Donphilopus Challenge PDP Warriors For Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by seanet02: 3:33pm On Mar 15, 2011
Odechukwu
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by HamidO1(m): 3:34pm On Mar 15, 2011
Beaf!:

NONSENSE!
Why was he hesitant? and why opt for the one organise or coordinated by BON? so that the questions will be doctored before the debate?

We are not fools
BB All The Way
cheesy cheesy

^^^ Are you asking why?? What do you expect from a slowpoke like GEJ?? The guy as nothing to say, nothing to offer infact the guy is empty,
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by vanesa(m): 3:38pm On Mar 15, 2011
No be him fault he was busy baking goodluck biscuit and forgot the date,time and venue of the debate shitt happens man
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by joan1: 3:42pm On Mar 15, 2011
Unfortunately his disciples don't even know their oga was asking for expo before examination.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by azeezengr(m): 3:44pm On Mar 15, 2011
Egbere(sorry Ebere) Jonathan, our Lucky-man-president  must not go to any debate with his madam(wey be like in mama) before she starts  calling Umbrella "Onblela"
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by malali: 3:48pm On Mar 15, 2011
BB TILL JESUS COMES BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by HamidO1(m): 3:53pm On Mar 15, 2011
jo-an:

Unfortunately his disciples don't even know their oga was asking for expo before examination.

What more expo can be bigger than the one given to him live on TV at the PDP convention, he needed expo to answer a thief like Atiku. How dumb can you get??
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by 3kay945(m): 3:54pm On Mar 15, 2011
GEJ as disappointed me,, He doesnt ve the gut to face Ribadu talkless of  bb in the debate. I wish to watch his face as he answer crucial questions. He is going to disgrace himself.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by 4dgood: 3:57pm On Mar 15, 2011
GEJ will participate in his own time

I think PDP has been a joke so far in this election. I'm absolutely certain he and his handbag have gotten the questions before hand. Not withstanding I wouldn't be looking forward to anything more than the presidential debate. It would only prove more to Nigerians how unfit and unintelligent this man is. He's with the questions, still, lets see if he would survive the first 5 minutes of the debate.

I think any one who thinks this is what leadership is all about should get his brain checked.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Pharoh: 3:58pm On Mar 15, 2011
proudly9ja:

BON?? Fairness and impartiality? really?
A govt owned organisation that supplied 'expo' to the govt is fair?

Yes BON equals fairness because it is a collection of all the media houses in Nigeria and there will be no basis for bias towards any candidate. Please can you provide evidence that BON supplied any expo to the president?, no candidate is special and they will all get the same treatment from the organizers.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by abopal: 4:10pm On Mar 15, 2011
Pharoh:

Yes BON equals fairness because it is a collection of all the media houses in Nigeria and there will be no basis for bias towards any candidate. Please can you provide evidence that BON supplied any expo to the president?, no candidate is special and they will all get the same treatment from the organizers.

TO KNOW THAT STATE-OWNED STATIONS DOMINATE THIS B.O.N, VISIT: http://www.broadcastnigeria.org/membersDir.php.
be informed not to be deformed by fickle LUCK!

GRIDLOCK TO PDP,
GOODWORK TO CPC
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 15, 2011
PLEASE CORRECT THE ENGLISH, THIS IS FRONTPAGE NEWS embarassed
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Bawss1(m): 4:16pm On Mar 15, 2011
@Moderator kindly amend the wordings of this thread's title on the homepage. It says "I'll Now Ready for Debate. . ." which is not grammatically correct.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by HamidO1(m): 4:19pm On Mar 15, 2011
Pharoh:

Leave story my brother, GEJ should be happy to attend different debates if he has something to offer.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by malali: 4:20pm On Mar 15, 2011
PRAISE THE LORD,
BBELUYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PRAISE THE LORD,
BBELUYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRAISE THE LORD,
BBELUYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PRAISE THE LORD,
BBELUYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PRAISE THE LORD,
BBELUYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PRAISE THE LORD,
BBELUYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRAISE THE LORD,
BBELUYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PRAISE THE LORD,
BBELUYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by zeeleso(f): 4:24pm On Mar 15, 2011
Pharoh:

I see your point but to me i think the other party were actually saying they did not want to participate in any debate but their position has been that they want to participate if their concerns will be addressed. So they have always wanted to participate in a debate but those excuses were actually concerns they want to be addressed before they would participate. There is difference between i don't want to participate and these are my reasons which even when addressed still i would not participate and i have always wanted to participate but these concerns must be met before i go ahead.  One is changeable and the other is not changeable but i really do like your points and the debate is a good news to me as well.
So i get where you are coming from and you would be right if the concerns they raised were valid enough. But the spirit and undertone of the to put it bluntly baseless issues they raised made an ordinary Nigerian like me think My President was deliberately avoiding to tell me why i should give him my vote.

Things like the how oppositions are not on the campaign trail, though i fail to see how this is valid given that the date of the oppositions starting their campaign where made public, how debates are actually overrated, not being properly invited (like really, you didn't remember you were not properly invited until the day of the debate? until after you had your spokesman represent you and after so much hassle about the debate format conclude negotiations for the terms of the debate?) and the latest accusation of a plot by the oppositions to embarrass them.

I'm sorry but things like these make me believe they were trying to avoid the debate. Things like these furthermore make me distrust my president. What can a patriotic 9ja gal do but speak out when she senses her esteemed president being evasive.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Fhemmmy: 4:26pm On Mar 15, 2011
So what would now happen to the already concluded Vice President's debate . . . Do they want it redone?
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Pharoh: 4:47pm On Mar 15, 2011
zeeleso:

I'm sorry but things like these make me believe they were trying to avoid the debate. Things like these furthermore make me distrust my president. What can a patriotic 9ja gal do but speak out when she senses her esteemed president being evasive.

Hmm you have valid points but i just want to correct something for you, actually the president was invited to about five or six debates. It was not just one debate as you made it to look, i think they went into negotiation with the debate organized by channels television. The other excuses were for the other debates so all the excuses given were not just for one debate which would have made them to be inconsistent. To me everything is strategy and you just don't jump to impulse about any debate, you have to think well about your actions and obtain the best conditions that suits your interest. Debates is not going to win election in Nigeria but it will give you some significant amount of support and votes.

In all honesty from the context of the Nigerian situation, a president does not need to participate in a debate before he can pass out his message. Campaigning is the best avenue to do that and party meetings or whatever means because we are not on par with other countries like in the western world. He was never afraid to debate but in Nigeria you can hardly find a true objective entity hence you just don't jump into any debate. You try to seek for the best condition that will favor your goals and target. This is what PDP has done and from the points of politics, they are very valid and comes from good strategic thinking. But just like you the past is gone and they are ready for debates, so let us all come together and make this work.

P.S You have been very objective, i really like that which you also can see that it is very different from the obvious bias we are seeing in this thread.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Pharoh: 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2011
Hamid O:

Leave story my brother, GEJ should be happy to attend different debates if he has something to offer.

So he should participate in debates organized by every tom dick and harry right? or even debates organized by media houses sympathetic to the opposition?.

abopal:

TO KNOW THAT STATE-OWNED STATIONS DOMINATE THIS B.O.N, VISIT: http://www.broadcastnigeria.org/membersDir.php.

And so what? can you tell me any media house that you think might be independent and unbiased in organizing this debate?.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by malali: 4:53pm On Mar 15, 2011
Pharoh:

Hmm you have valid points but i just want to correct something for you, actually the president was invited to about five or six debates. It was not just one debate as you made it to look, i think they went into negotiation with the debate organized by channels television. The other excuses were for the other debates so all the excuses given were not just for one debate which would have made them to be inconsistent. To me everything is strategy and you just don't jump to impulse about any debate, you have to think well about your actions and obtain the best conditions that suits your interest. Debates is not going to win election in Nigeria but it will give you some significant amount of support and votes.

In all honesty from the context of the Nigerian situation, a president does not need to participate in a debate before he can pass out his message. Campaigning is the best avenue to do that and party meetings or whatever means because we are not on par with other countries like in the western world. He was never afraid to debate but in Nigeria you can hardly find a true objective entity hence you just don't jump into any debate. You try to seek for the best condition that will favor your goals and target. This is what PDP has done and from the points of politics, they are very valid and comes from good strategic thinking. But just like you the past is gone and they are ready for debates, so let us all come together and make this work.

P.S You have been very objective, i really like that which you also can see that it is very different from the obvious bias we are seeing in this thread.

PHAROAH YOU SEE WETIN DEM DO FOR EGYPT
THATS WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO SHOULD JONATHAN RIG THIS ELECTION
YOU DEY TALK THRU UR BEHIND, SEE FOLLOW FOLLOW MUMU LIKE GEJ
ROMANCING THE EVILS THAT HAVE RUINED NIGERIA !!!!!!!!!!!!
WHERE WAS ANENIH,OBJ,IBB WHEN WE FOUGHT FOR HIM AGAINST TURAI

NOW HE IS BUSY ROMANCING THEM, HE DOESNT EVEN WANT TO DEBATE

THE GUY DON SHOM IM TRUE COLOR !!!!!!!!!!!

NAIJA PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NO DULLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRAISE THE LORD,
BBELUYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PRAISE THE LORD,
BBELUYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRAISE THE LORD,
BBELUYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PRAISE THE LORD,
BBELUYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PRAISE THE LORD,
BBELUYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PRAISE THE LORD,
BBELUYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PRAISE THE LORD,
BBELUYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PRAISE THE LORD,
BBELUYAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by hushmail: 5:01pm On Mar 15, 2011
you dont expect GEJ to answer every invitation he receives. for God's sake he is the President! and will continue to be!!
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by HamidO1(m): 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2011
Pharoh:

So he should participate in debates organized by every tom manliness and harry right? or even debates organized by media houses sympathetic to the opposition?.

And so what? can you tell me any media house that you think might be independent and unbiased in organizing this debate?.

In essence there won't be debates the world over then. A man that has something reasonable to say looks for platforms to do this. Rejecting invitations in the first place just shows how unprepared he is. I wonder if the guy can even deliver an impromptu speech.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by foyeks2001(f): 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2011
abopal:

I dont know why the original Debate was prevented from being properly aired by the 'powers that be'.
CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN?

cos he wasn't sure of himself
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by malali: 5:11pm On Mar 15, 2011
hushmail:

you dont expect GEJ to answer every invitation he receives. for God's sake he is the President! and will continue to be!!

WHOSE PRESIDENT
LMAO,
WE WILL SEND TURAI AFTER HIM,
SOMEONE THAT COULDNT ASSERT HI AUTHORITY WHEN HE WAS THE SECOND IN COMMAND OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!

DURING THE FEDERAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETINGS
HE JUST THEY DO MUMU
NOW TO DEBATE HE CANT
HE IS BUSY CALLING IBB FATHER
AND DANCING WITH BODE GEORGE

YEYE WEY REACH THIS MAN NO DEY

NA PLAIN MUMU

LEAVE STORY
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Pharoh: 5:15pm On Mar 15, 2011
Hamid O:

In essence there won't be debates the world over then. A man that has something reasonable to say looks for platforms to do this. Rejecting invitations in the first place just shows how unprepared he is. I wonder if the guy can even deliver an impromptu speech.

Seems you are a better candidate than the president but why didn't you go and contest for the position so that you can debate, win the election and fix the damn country?. It is easier to sit on nairaland and criticize the president but the truth is let everyone support whomever they want to without badmouthing the other parties.

malali:

PHAROAH YOU SEE WETIN DEM DO FOR EGYPT
THATS WHAT WE ARE GOING TO DO SHOULD JONATHAN RIG THIS ELECTION
YOU DEY TALK THRU your BEHIND, SEE FOLLOW FOLLOW MUMU LIKE GEJ
ROMANCING THE EVILS THAT HAVE RUINED NIGERIA !!!!!!!!!!!!
WHERE WAS ANENIH,OBJ,IBB WHEN WE FOUGHT FOR HIM AGAINST TURAI

NOW HE IS BUSY ROMANCING THEM, HE DOESNT EVEN WANT TO DEBATE

Good luck will win the election fiar and squarely without any rigging so throw that kind of thoughts to the gutters please, you guys are looking for excuse to cause mahyem when he eventually wins. The apeal or supreme court is there for you to contest the results of an election if you think that it has been rigged okay. What happened in egypt is about under performing dictators and not about election rigging or votes.

Guy trust me he his romancing those who put him there where he belongs to and they are the ones that helped him to fight turai. What you guys did was not significant trust me so spare us the we fought for him against turai, the real fighting was done underground by those people you are quick to condemn. Did you forgot that OBJ was one of the few Nigerians that flew to saudi arabia to see yar adua and said that he is finished?.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 15, 2011
This "BB" you all talk about, is it BOLD or STORM??
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Limaoscar: 5:30pm On Mar 15, 2011
Bunch of pampered kids throwing their toys out of the pram for no reason.

First y'all were whining He didn't want a debate.
Now He says He' ready for one and you are jumping about. Na una know.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Earl: 5:34pm On Mar 15, 2011
Why is Mr. President scared of public debates or better still what or who is Mr. President afraid? I ask because in democracies across the world probably with the exception of Africa such platforms provide opportunities for candidates to market themselves.

So what's happening here/
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by seunlayi(m): 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2011
Let for the outcome of  the debate.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 15, 2011
All these BB supporters can be very annoying and suffocating. Why is malali posting a picture over and over again?

Imagine someone thinking that 'they' fought for GEJ to become the president. Don't be disillusioned, Save Nigeria Group only gained prominence when Soyinka identified with their cause. Bakare was the convener that used others to achieve some political points. What if everyone that marched the streets of Abuja during Yar'duagate demand to be compensated with a political office? After all 'they' fought Tuari and made GEJ president for which he should be perpetually grateful. We should use our brains well in this country please.
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 15, 2011
Can you imagine!

"I am now ready". . . .o ye ko re'di ni.

Is the nation supposed to run on his time? omase!
Re: 'i Am Now Ready For Debate!'- Jonathan by amurx(m): 6:03pm On Mar 15, 2011
nd there we go! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Refuse Take Over Aba / NANS Disrupts Independence Celebration In Ibadan / Cameroonian Army Claims Boko Haram Leader, Abubakar Shekau Has Been Killed (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.