Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,955 members, 7,821,354 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 (19951 Views)

Adeboye: How A Text Message Ended My Sorrow Over Lost Son / Biblical Village Of Bethsaida Where Jesus Fed The 5,000 Found / Cardinal Okogie Slams Pastor Adeboye For Building Churches Everywhere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by Naijboy: 3:04pm On Nov 17, 2020
AlhajiNatty:
Ogbeni, you and your uncle ate someone else's food. How's that a miracle?

So this thing that's doing you didn't start today. Your historical materialism could be traced back to 1956. This has gone a long way in unraveling why you and your likes have become so proficient in eating peoples food, tithes and offerings in the name of something something.
Shut up your mouth. Biases mind against preachers won't allow you to understand the storyline.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by Hassanmaye(m): 3:09pm On Nov 17, 2020
Can't imagined my self been a pastor so that I can buy jet for myself with tithes money grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by sammysmiles(m): 3:13pm On Nov 17, 2020
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I hate liars like adeboye. He will end up in hell for misleading so many people with false teachings. People like him make Islam seem better than Christianity. Nonsense sad
You claim to be born again and look at what you typed.... Didn't your Bible tell you that there is therefore no condemnation to them who are in Christ Jesus? So how are you a born again Christian now by condemning another? Only Jesus know his true disciples!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by zimmaking(m): 3:15pm On Nov 17, 2020
Righteousness89:
Except you lack an understanding of the ways of GOD! You would appreciate the Testimony..

Life is not by Struggle! Life is a Gift From GOD..

Why are you annoyed with his Testimony
Na you kill JESUS?

It's not by Might nor by Power! By my Spirit says the Lord!

Esau and Jacob were still in the womb! When God said Jacob have I Loved ! Esau have I Hated!

The Jebusites, the Perizites,Girgashittes, Hitties, Amorites,Hivites and Jebusites were Nations with people in them befor God gave their lands to the Isrealites..

Elijah the Prophet was Directed to a widow who had Her last meal .He told the woman feed me First.

GOD Ways are not the Ways of man!

GOD is the Creator of All! But a Father to only those who Believe and Do what He Commands..

Psalm 2:8 says " Ask of me, I will thee the Heathen for your Inheritance and the uttermost part of the Earth for your Possessions..

The Earth is the Lord and the Fulness thereof! GOD can take from a Heathen to Feed his child who is needy!

GOD can Sack a Heathen to Employ His Child whose needs a Job..

A Child of GOD who knows his/her right in Christ will take whatever he/she desires from anyone who is not Saved..

HE owns the Earth and Does whatever he wills!
Our own duty is to Ensure we are with him so as to avoid being Casualties..
I thought you are a firebrand christian untill you post this.This is why many so called GO will miss the rapture.Tiny sin cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.You will never hear pastor Kumuyi and The chosen pastor preach this kind of garbage.This is why the place of restitution is necessary.When he,and his uncle can return the food in another form either by paying back.JEHOVAH is not a respecter of person.Pastor Adeboye is misleading millions of people thru this teaching.I began to doubt him when he claimed God told him there will be pestilence in 2017 and nothing happened.He was dragged on front pages of newspapers then.SUPRISES go surely dey when Jesus appears.Nothing unholy,white lies,slip of tongue,minor sins,unresolved restitution will see his GLORY.No matter the height of any GO/GS,dont think they are angels,lets pray for them.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by Youngzedd(m): 3:21pm On Nov 17, 2020
DarkWritings:
was it their fault? Was it intentional? Didn't they ask the girl who owns the food? Didn't she say yes it's theirs? As far as I'm concerned there's no argument in this case! It's just God's favor. They may not be the owner of the food but God gave it to them!

When 10M enter your account, withdraw it and flex life with it.

When the bank come for it, tell them that it was your miracle money that you have spent it. Prison straight.

What if there was poison or love portion inside the food?

I can feel the beating the child collected that day. Mama send you errand, you go deliver the package to the wrong person and the person don use am, hehehe the beating will be out of this world.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by Youngzedd(m): 3:25pm On Nov 17, 2020
Righteousness89:
Except you lack an understanding of the ways of GOD! You would appreciate the Testimony..

Life is not by Struggle! Life is a Gift From GOD..

Why are you annoyed with his Testimony
Na you kill JESUS?

It's not by Might nor by Power! By my Spirit says the Lord!

Esau and Jacob were still in the womb! When God said Jacob have I Loved ! Esau have I Hated!

The Jebusites, the Perizites,Girgashittes, Hitties, Amorites,Hivites and Jebusites were Nations with people in them befor God gave their lands to the Isrealites..

Elijah the Prophet was Directed to a widow who had Her last meal .He told the woman feed me First.

GOD Ways are not the Ways of man!

GOD is the Creator of All! But a Father to only those who Believe and Do what He Commands..

Psalm 2:8 says " Ask of me, I will thee the Heathen for your Inheritance and the uttermost part of the Earth for your Possessions..

The Earth is the Lord and the Fulness thereof! GOD can take from a Heathen to Feed his child who is needy!

GOD can Sack a Heathen to Employ His Child whose needs a Job..

A Child of GOD who knows his/her right in Christ will take whatever he/she desires from anyone who is not Saved..

HE owns the Earth and Does whatever he wills!
Our own duty is to Ensure we are with him so as to avoid being Casualties..

Poverty in the land. Lets do small maths.

Accordingly to statistics, 51% of the population are extremely poor. Nigeria population is estimated to be 201 million.

Lets break this further, 40% are poor, 7% are middle class and 1.50%% are in between middle class and upper class while 0.5% are upper class.

2% of Nigerians own 90% bank deposits — NDIC

98% of Nigerians have less than N500,000 ($1,063) in their accounts - NDIC

The data from NDIC painted the whole thing worst. There was a country.

Nigeria �� - Religious poverty capital of the world.

If prosperity gospel ever worked at all, the state of Nigeria �� alone is enough evidence that it does not work and will never work.

For a nation to be economical okay, at least 50% of the population should fall under the middle class.

What if I tell you that if your monthly take away is less than 200k in Nigeria of today that you're poor? � �

Doing business in Nigeria �� is so hard because you are dealing with people who are always looking for a means to steal from you. The mindset of get rich quick and instant gratification is killing us.

For a nation to grow, the people have to think long term. They have to plan and work to make the next decade better not looking for what to steal and consume now.

Majority of Nigerian think about NOW, only few which is insignificant think about tomorrow. Look at the leaders, if they aren't so horrible, they should understand that whatever position they keep this country is what their next generation will live in. If they are not selfish, they will be long term players, that's how great nations were built.

Nigeria �� is bad because an average Nigerian is fantastically corrupt.

Until you and I change our ways, our offsprings will spit on our graves for leaving a ruined country for them.

We need to rebuild this nation so fast and that starts by reshaping our mindset and embracing selfless service. We must bury selfishness and embrace love.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by splashbaby(m): 3:27pm On Nov 17, 2020
Hahahahaha háà. Miracle gone wrong
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by victorazy(m): 3:30pm On Nov 17, 2020
envoymedia:
Pastor Adeboye Shares Testimony Of How God Helped Him And His Poor Uncle To Feed In 1956

General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor E.A. Adeboye, has shared an interesting testimony of how God miraculously helped him and his poor uncle in 1956 when they were hungry and had nothing to eat, IgbereTV reports.

He shared the testimony on his Instagram page. It reads;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHp8k8EK1z1/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I claim it.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by odonkoro: 3:36pm On Nov 17, 2020
When I was growing up, what we use to hear then was that - it would be easier for a camel to go through the hole of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God, which is heaven; according to religious adherents of those days. Now prosperity is the new vogue. Religion is a scam.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by Temitopemo6e6(m): 3:37pm On Nov 17, 2020
ekestic1976:

I rebuke you; stay REBUKED, IJN.
your father
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by Solutionchima: 3:40pm On Nov 17, 2020
GOTVee:
sad Even though I'm a born again Christian, I hate liars like adeboye. He will end up in hell for misleading so many people with false teachings. People like him make Islam seem better than Christianity. Nonsense sad
Are you sure? You hate...
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by Youngzedd(m): 3:47pm On Nov 17, 2020
JoeEeL:

Unmerited favour and over 80% of Nigerians live on less than $2 a day?

Working nations do not exactly understand the term 'unmerited favour' and they have decent minimum wages. And you're in a country where the minimum wage cannot afford a bag of rice and you're saying unmerited favour?

Black man, black brain. Unbelievably dumb race. undecided

My brother, the people of black color don tire me.

Truly, religion is the soul of a soulless nation. The opium of the people.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by Kobojunkie: 3:55pm On Nov 17, 2020
WakeNbaked:

Unmerited favour is the stupidest thing I ever come across. Na so corruption dey take start.

Nobody should crucified our politicians, it is unmerited favour. If god want to bless us all he would have done that.
Na so oo! :I

It Is God's inherited favour to be a politician in Nigeria na
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by lexy2014: 4:04pm On Nov 17, 2020
envoymedia:
Pastor Adeboye Shares Testimony Of How God Helped Him And His Poor Uncle To Feed In 1956

General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor E.A. Adeboye, has shared an interesting testimony of how God miraculously helped him and his poor uncle in 1956 when they were hungry and had nothing to eat, IgbereTV reports.

He shared the testimony on his Instagram page. It reads;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHp8k8EK1z1/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Inasmuch as these are encouraging testimonies, d times we are facing in Nigeria demands more than these type of stories from Christian leaders. Mordecai told Esther:

"For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?"
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by Eniitan19(m): 4:07pm On Nov 17, 2020
If you were not brought up in typical Yoruba villages and towns you may not understand the narrative. It is a common practice in Yoruba land for someone to prepare and send food to relatives as a way of deepening love in the family or neighborhood.
So it could happen that the messenger delivered the food to the wrong person.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by delkuf(m): 4:09pm On Nov 17, 2020
busky007:
Shut up since you are not God. The God I know is a just God who treats both the people you call heathens and Christians as his own
you don't know God. Even though God treat heathens and Christian as his own, there are some people God the sun stood still like Joshua. I don't know will people complain about what pastor adeboye said. we are the same in the sight of God. some are wooden spoon in the hand of God, while some are silver. Don't joke with some people
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by delkuf(m): 4:17pm On Nov 17, 2020
Danny50:
As calabar boy wey i be... How is Adeboye testimony a headach all this guys.
I don't know. it is baffling me. Very simple and direct testimony, and people find it difficult to believe. I wonder how they read the Bible and believe if they can't believe something like this
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by Kobojunkie: 4:25pm On Nov 17, 2020
honest1480:
.. after all, the real owner might had enough, so God decided to bless the hungry ones out of the abundance of another person.
Well, I pray that God will put in your way others to steal away miracles from you in the near future, at least until youu learn that God Is not an unjust, unholy God to be blamed for the sins that men comit. grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Nov 17, 2020
Eniitan19:
If you were not brought up in typical Yoruba villages and towns you may not understand the narrative. It is a common practice in Yoruba land for someone to prepare and send food to relatives as a way of deepening love in the family or neighborhood.
So it could happen that the messenger delivered the food to the wrong person.
And does that make it right for someone who knows the food is not meant for him/her to eat it anyways? undecided
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by globalresource: 4:26pm On Nov 17, 2020
wirinet:

How can someone respect a belief that is dangerous to society? A belief that teaches coveting things that belongs to others. A belief that teaches that you should gain from the loss of others.

This is the belief that makes Christians morally reprehensible today. You cannot loose your money or material thing in the house of a christian without him justifying the money or thing as a gift from God.

In my life, I was taught by my parents never to covet other people's properties and monies and that's the exact moral I teach my children. If my 6 years old find N50 on the floor, she would bring it to me or the mother to look for the owner.

That's what we need to start teaching our children and not to see any error or opportunity as God's blessings.

Personally I have core moral values I uphold and reach also. I agreed with u in part but I think he said they ask the lady well and she insisted the food was meant for them and that they don't know what to eat that day
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by chinyerefrank444(f): 4:29pm On Nov 17, 2020
DarkWritings:
was it their fault? Was it intentional? Didn't they ask the girl who owns the food? Didn't she say yes it's theirs? As far as I'm concerned there's no argument in this case! It's just God's favor. They may not be the owner of the food but God gave it to them!

because he left out the age of the girl. you pastor is confessing stealing, deal with it.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Nov 17, 2020
victorazy:

I claim it.
Kobojunkie:
Well, I pray that God will put in your way others to steal away miracles from you in the near future, at least until youu learn that God Is not an unjust, unholy God to be blamed for the sins that men comit. grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by mercyymai(f): 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2020
GOTVee:

I have been preaching the word of God for over 10 years. I'm a born again Christian and I know the Bible in and out

Pele o, Babalola of our time grin

If you have been preaching for over 10years. Did you bible tell you to condemn people? You are not to judge anyone.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by Kobojunkie: 4:33pm On Nov 17, 2020
globalresource:

Personally I have core moral values I uphold and reach also. I agreed with u in part but I think he said they ask the lady well and she insisted the food was meant for them and that they don't know what to eat that day
The girl's insistence does not change one's duty as one who believes in God. They knew the food did not belong to them.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by Kobojunkiee: 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2020
globalresource:
Learn to respect people's belief
You have yours. They have theirs. And respect that. Don't call people name
Respect a person's beliefs? Newsflash for you, when you claim to believe in the same God that is publicly written of in the most publicly distributed book on the planet, don't expect beliefs you air supposedly in connection to the same God, to go unscrutinized. You don't get to have private or personal beliefs as far as the one true God is concerned unless you are simply deceiving yourself that you know and worship Him, to begin with. undecided

Your GO there is a thief like the many thieves Jesus Christ spoke so boldly about - they steal, kill and destroy in the name of God.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by emoney09: 4:44pm On Nov 17, 2020
Nigeria has been worst several years back
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by Danny50: 4:47pm On Nov 17, 2020
delkuf:
I don't know. it is baffling me. Very simple and direct testimony, and people find it difficult to believe. I wonder how they read the Bible and believe if they can't believe something like this
Dont blame them the rates of poverty in this makes them so dump and doubtful.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by Kobojunkiee: 4:49pm On Nov 17, 2020
farem:
May the opportunity that you never merit not come your way! As long as you are not qualified (even though you are greatly in need of it), may it elude you.
Oya say Amen to this and it will stick to your destiny.
Did he experience this as a Christian? No 1956 to 1973 is eighteen years apart. That was when the event happened and when he gave his life to Jesus. Just keep writhing in and with pains of what no konsain una.
I don't believe in your "unmerited favour" bullcrap logic to begin with because

a) God is not a God of favor
b) God is a Just God
c) God's mercy is poured out daily on both the wicked and the righteous

You claim Adeboye did not experience this as a Christian, yet Adeboye chose to tag it a miracle and went as far as to pray that many of his followers would experience something similar in the name of God, pretending it was part of God's plan, to begin with.

I wonder how you would feel if you were the one a miracle was stolen from in such a manner. Yes, I ask God to show you what it is like to be on the receiving end of such a miracle, at least until you repent of this folly.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by Kobojunkiee: 4:53pm On Nov 17, 2020
DarkWritings:
lolz He is a God of favor! You should stuck that into your head!! "he have mercy and compassion on whom He wishes"

God is not a God of Favor.... that is a verse from your own apostle, Paul, or have you all decided his words mean nothing because Adeboye suggests so?
Favour is a separate word from the Ideas of mercy and Compassion. If you would only look up the meaning of the same words in the dictionary, you would not be easily deceived by many of these liars
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by honest1480(m): 5:01pm On Nov 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Despite the food wasn't physically meant for them, what if it was spiritually sent to them?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by Kobojunkie: 5:07pm On Nov 17, 2020
honest1480:
Despite the food wasn't physically meant for them, what if it was spiritually sent to them?
God have mercy! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Pastor Adeboye: How My Poor Uncle & I Fed In 1956 by honest1480(m): 5:11pm On Nov 17, 2020
Kobojunkie:
God have mercy! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Pastor Ruth Masuruwa Gives Bible To Emmerson Mnangagwa In Zimbabwe (Photo) / God Can Still Do The Impossible Even At The Eleventh Hour (11th Month November)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.