Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! (14121 Views)

Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. / President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months / BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by PhysicsMHD(m): 10:11pm On Mar 21, 2011
gohome:

Mrs. Jonathan started her career as a teacher at the Stella Maris College, Port Harcourt and Sports Institute Isake. She then moved to the banking sector in 1997, where she established the first community bank in Port Harcourt called the Akpo Community Bank. Mrs. Jonathan also served as Marketing Manager of Imiete Community Bank. She returned to the classroom briefly again as teacher. Eventually she was transferred to the Bayelsa State Ministry of Education, where she served until May 29th 1999 when her husband became the Deputy Governor of the state.

shocked shocked shocked shocked

I'm genuinely shocked that she was in the ministry of education.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by nduchucks: 12:27am On Mar 22, 2011
@Naijaking, I don't recall seeing Turai on the campaign trail telling people to vote for PDP. First ladies are very public figures and when they stick their necks out publicly, they shouldn't be surprised if they get the attention they crave. Madame Patience' continued embarassment of GEJ is another sign that the man is too weak, a strong man will tell her to stop embarassing herself and others - nolongtin.

As you stated in your dear thread whein you announced to NLers that Pastor Bakare's former name was Sindiku, if Madame Patience cannot read, she cannot read. shikena.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Beaf: 12:35am On Mar 22, 2011
ndu_chucks:

@Naijaking, I don't recall seeing Turai on the campaign trail telling people to vote for PDP. First ladies are very public figures and when they stick their necks out publicly, they shouldn't be surprised if they get the attention they crave. Madame Patience' continued embarassment of GEJ is another sign that the man is too weak, a strong man will tell her to stop embarassing herself and others - nolongtin.

As you stated in your dear thread whein you announced to NLers that Pastor Bakare's former name was Sindiku, if Madame Patience cannot read, she cannot read. shikena.

This is the funniest thing I've heard. Dude, the greatest thing that attracts people to the Jonathans is the way the woman in the market and man in the street see themselves in the "first family."
You can speak all the English you want, but to the voting masses, Patience Jonathan is a magnet. She is very successful at what she is doing, she pulled a far bigger crowd than Buhari could dream of in Ibadan.

Just look at it this way, she is not speaking to you, but there are a million others who do not have shoes, who have no car to drop them off at school; they hear her call and believe in Goodluck.

Goodluck to you, my friend. And Goodluck to a better Nigeria.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by nduchucks: 12:57am On Mar 22, 2011
Beaf:

This is the funniest thing I've heard. Dude, the greatest thing that attracts people to the Jonathans is the way the woman in the market and man in the street see themselves in the "first family."
You can speak all the English you want, but to the voting masses, Patience Jonathan is a magnet. She is very successful at what she is doing, she pulled a far bigger crowd than Buhari could dream of in Ibadan.

Just look at it this way, she is not speaking to you, but there are a million others who do not have shoes, who have no car to drop them off at school; they hear her call and believe in Goodluck.

Goodluck to you, my friend. And Goodluck to a better Nigeria.

Beaf, your defense of the disgraceful embarassment of the President and herself, by the first lady, is pathetic, inexcuseable and pitiful. With people like you advicing the president, it is no wonder that GEJ's gaffes are just as bad as his wife's. Can you people find a way to reach these people who do not have shoes, as you described them, without embarassing yourselves. With olodos like you as advisers, I shouldn't be surprised.

Tell your uncle who made you a special adviser, that it is impossible to stop most political waves - Buharism is a wave that is sweeping across Nigeria and appears to be unstoppable.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by naijaking1: 1:20am On Mar 22, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Your camparison with Turai pales.
However, I agree with you that 1st Ladies are indeed public figures and deserve some degree of scrutiny. When you begin to compare her and evaluate her to the same level as people who are directly seeking elective offices, then you miss the point.

As to her campaigning for her husband and having a say, I tell you, its simply cultural if not religious---you undersatnd what I mean.
Women in the south, especially the eastern part have a say in their husband affairs and openly too.

She communicates very well with her peers, and that's all that matters. She says umblerra like 99% of the women in Aba and PH markets, they understand her, and even love her----that's why she's a dynamic campaign machine for her husband.

Let's wait until she goes to give a speech at Harvard, but for now, she's doing excellent grin
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by naijaking1: 1:23am On Mar 22, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Beaf, your defense of the disgraceful embarassment of the President and herself, by the first lady, is pathetic, inexcuseable and pitiful. With people like you advicing the president, it is no wonder that GEJ's gaffes are just as bad as his wife's. Can you people find a way to reach these people who do not have shoes, as you described them, without embarassing yourselves. [b]With olodos like you as advisers, I shouldn't be surprised.[/b]Tell your uncle who made you a special adviser, that it is impossible to stop most political waves - Buharism is a wave that is sweeping across Nigeria and appears to be unstoppable.

Mallam, you can do better than this. politics shouldn't be a do-or-die game angry
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Scooby1(m): 1:42am On Mar 22, 2011
Get your copy!!! grin grin grin grin

Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by naijaking1: 1:45am On Mar 22, 2011
grin grin grin grin
That's a good one cheesy
Can I exchange a few packs of GEJ biscuit for one copy of this book?
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by mamagee3(f): 1:48am On Mar 22, 2011
Scooby1:

Get your copy!!! grin grin grin grin
Okay, whatever!
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by seanet02: 4:09am On Mar 22, 2011
Wow! She was a former teacher? Lemme start conducting an aptitude test for all those she tutored while "Shelling Enemy Positions"
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by ekubear1: 6:41am On Mar 22, 2011
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by dayokanu(m): 6:57am On Mar 22, 2011
Remii:

some words are difficult for some people in some areas to pronounce.

With all due respects, not mocking any tribe:

Lagos kids have problem with "r" "oi e o pe" instead of "ori e o pe".
Ibadan have theirs with "sh" that is why you hear jokes like , kini soo (show) soo suo (show sure)
Delta (Urhobo in particular) don't call "L" well, they call "Nateef" instead of Lateef
Hausa /Fulani cant call "P" , "feople" instead of people.
Some Calabar guys call "Younson" instead of Johnson

I have heard Ibos call "umbllera" instead of Umbrella.

so its just accents,

Even there are American and British pronunciations. Anti is called as written by British while Americans call it 'antai". It is preventive in British and preventative in America

You mean pronunciation makes her say

"My fellow widows"

Or "My childrens"

"GEJ and Sambo is good peoples"

Was English not her language of instruction in School, Is English not the lingua Franca of Nigeria?

Or whenare graduates excused from not being able to speak their lingua franca and language of instruction
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Kashif(m): 12:07pm On Mar 22, 2011
The woman is an embarrassment to this country please! Those saying English is her nth language are making lame excuses!

Indeed, if she could not be improved on as the wife of a deputy governor, then governor; vice president, then president, she is simply untrainble! Even more alarming would it be that the husband does not even notice her flagrant display of lingual incapacitation.

Maybe I don't pay attention to politics, but I have never heard any other first lady, be it local government chairman's wife speak with such a poor grip. Should we now make Igbo or Ijaw our official language?
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Exponental(m): 12:08pm On Mar 22, 2011
Biology/ Science courses to be admitted didnt really require much of English, i can under stand dat obtaining her result in 1980 since 1976 shows dat she struggled to get her results. (APOLOGIES IF SOUNDING INSULTING).
Buy 2 ENGLISH for DUMMIES and get 1 Dame Umblera  for free
offer valid while stocks last!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by obailala(m): 12:11pm On Mar 22, 2011
Nigeria, the land where people interpret literacy as an individual's ability to speak English  sad
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by aieromon(m): 12:18pm On Mar 22, 2011
She's drawing support from the real electorate,the people who will vote for GEJ.Oh yes,the market women and okada riders love the kill English lady.
All the elite do is make noise!!!
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by emmerks(m): 12:20pm On Mar 22, 2011
"English" is not our language, we should be ashamed that we are using a language that was forced on us, to criticize our own daughter. this is a language that we should be ashamed of. it is the language that has been used to enslave us. this is just a mere promotion of NEOCOLONIALISM. abeg, leave the woman make she speak am the wey she fit, American English sef no get one unique standard. please prove me wrong if u can.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Abayomin70(m): 12:21pm On Mar 22, 2011
so many student are very good in writin english but are very poor in speeking it so dont judge people by d way they speak english
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by ekubear1: 12:24pm On Mar 22, 2011
It has nothing to do with "english being our language."

She could have gone to school in Poland for all I care. But wouldn't one expect a person who spends 4 years in a Polish university, majoring in psychology and biology to be able to speak Polish Not to talk of someone who not only went to college in Poland, did all her high school there, etc, etc.

Or are you all saying that English is also not the language of Nigeria universities?  undecided

So what language do they speak at University of Port Harcourt? What language do the lecturers and students speak? Pidgin? Ijaw? Igbo

If you are telling me that they don't speak English at that university, fine, that is a whole different matter. I'll excuse her.

But somehow I doubt that.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Bukittes(f): 12:25pm On Mar 22, 2011
I've said it on Nairaland and I keep saying it. Let no coward who sits in London or US washing plates or dead bodies not get our attention into posts that does not make any meaning to us. U sit in wherever and u criticize people in Nigeria here, in case u don't know, we are better than u so stop defacing our first lady. Every tribe has their own accent and english might just be a problem so what? Most of us too have accents and no one is killing us for it. Poster why don't u just shove it up ur a.s.s? Cos whether u like it or not, we need fresh air!
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by MaiSuya(m): 12:25pm On Mar 22, 2011
Abayomin70:

so many student are very good in writin english but are very poor in speeking it so dont judge people by d way they speak english

Go figure!  shocked grin
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Beaf: 12:33pm On Mar 22, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Beaf, your defense of the disgraceful embarassment of the President and herself, by the first lady, is pathetic, inexcuseable and pitiful. With people like you advicing the president, it is no wonder that GEJ's gaffes are just as bad as his wife's. Can you people find a way to reach these people who do not have shoes, as you described them, without embarassing yourselves. With olodos like you as advisers, I shouldn't be surprised.

Tell your uncle who made you a special adviser, that it is impossible to stop most political waves - Buharism is a wave that is sweeping across Nigeria and appears to be unstoppable.

You can waste your time worrying about Patience Jonathan, the fact is she is a crowd magnet for grassroots support. Thats what is known as, talisman.
For the first time, we have a family in Aso Rock that is 100% representatitve of Mr and Mrs Average and Mr and Mrs Deprived/Opressed. They accurately represent the grassroots, so you can spend your silverspooned sweat making uninformed noises, but one thing remains clear; the average Nigerian who wore no shoes, and had no car to drop them off at school, see inspiration that is almost divine in Mr and Mrs Jonathan.

Whenever you poke fun at the Jonathans, you are poking fun at the grassroots and displaying an unbecoming arrogance. But the revenge of the grassroots will come April 9th. cool
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Beaf: 12:36pm On Mar 22, 2011
Bukittes:

I've said it on Nairaland and I keep saying it. Let no coward who sits in London or US washing plates or dead bodies not get our attention into posts that does not make any meaning to us. U sit in wherever and u criticize people in Nigeria here, in case u don't know, we are better than u so stop defacing our first lady. Every tribe has their own accent and english might just be a problem so what? Most of us too have accents and no one is killing us for it. Poster why don't u just shove it up your a.s.s? Cos whether u like it or not, we need fresh air!

Tell them!

We are all equally Nigerian, but some of these peoples views are so alien to the average Nigerian that you wonder if they are from Mars.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by bjgoke: 12:40pm On Mar 22, 2011
Is high time we nairalanders limit ourselves to issue based discussion/argument rather than wasting our energy on an unconstitutional and illegal institution such as Firs Lady Office, where is it written in the Nigerian Constitution that an office of the first Lady shld be created.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Kashif(m): 12:45pm On Mar 22, 2011
I have never read anybody here defend her in poor English; you all write well, and I expect you speak well. A sign of hypocrisy to me!

I am not saying we don't appreciate our mother tongues (I am an advanced user of my language), but anything worth doing is worth doing well. I have a pastor friend who says that bad English kills anointing! English is our official language, and our first lady should know how to speak it on the average, at least.

Okada riders love her abi? She is naivety personalised !!
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Dreamchaser1(f): 12:50pm On Mar 22, 2011
Na english language we go chop?
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Diligence: 12:51pm On Mar 22, 2011
Any day, any time - I am so proud of Dame Patience Jonathan.  her passion towards d success of her husband is exemplary - talk abt behind every successful man, there is equally a passionate wife!

To those who are so concerned abt her diction - go to hell and perish.

How much of our languages can the so-called white man use well.

May u be delivered from mental slavery!
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by igodeypray: 12:55pm On Mar 22, 2011
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Rita of koko mansion + Patience Jonathan = gramatical kami-kazee grin
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Kashif(m): 12:57pm On Mar 22, 2011
Oyibo mad does not use any of our things, but we use every of theirs! You go to their consulate, you speak English, they come to yours, you speak English.

Yet to see a programming language in any Nigerian language tongue

Let any of you wish you speak like her!
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by manny4life(m): 12:58pm On Mar 22, 2011
While it's quite unfortunate that Mrs. Jonathan has poor English skills, I do not doubt her ability to earn a degree. In her degree program, did she not read and write? Come to think of it, she was transferred to Bayelsa Dept of Education? For real? I'm beginning to suspect foul play here. Anyway, she speaks terrible, but I hope that did not affect her ability to earn a degree as well.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 22, 2011
Eko Ile:

This is exactly why we're trying to get rid of GEJ and the rest of you primitive and backward clowns.

If the governor of a state, a vice president and a president no fit organize education abi tutoring for his own wife, what's he got to offer our students and Nigerians general in terms of education?
Piss-off!!!
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Natasha2(f): 1:07pm On Mar 22, 2011
jeez when will you guys leave this woman alone undecided no matter how much you talk it can't change her eloquence. At least she can express her self grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Summons Soludo Over Perjury, Corruption, False Assets Declaration / Tinubu To Youths: We'll Encourage Use Of Blockchain Technology In Crypto Assets / Reps Angry Over Committees’ Allocation By Dogara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.