Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! (14123 Views)

Let's Be Fair; Jonathan Has Done Well On The Economy. By Sam Ohuabunwa. / President Goodluck Jonathan Has Only Spent 4 Years,11months / BREAKING NEWS: 2015 PRESIDENCY: Jonathan Has Chosen His Running Mate- Gulak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Natasha2(f): 12:28pm On Mar 23, 2011
peelovee:

grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin distance learning, off campus  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin   grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by juicyemmy(m): 12:55pm On Mar 23, 2011
sounds like wikileak to me
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by oluwabamis(m): 1:48pm On Mar 23, 2011
my name na petience jonatus, you nairaland chindren will be punished when when i return as second time first lady, i and my fellow widows will launch a cyber attack on nairaland. iam watching all of u guys, dont spoil seun's bisness.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by geniusbami(m): 10:26pm On Mar 23, 2011
I can excuse occassional tense misuse, but how can our 1st lady, married 2 a living president address widows n say 'fellow widows'.  cry  cry

But this thing goes beyond 'English not being our mother tongue' or that 'we didn't vote her'.

1) Is it compulsory she makes public speech?
2) D best d country cud offer was given her, that's why we don't rank among d fair.
3) Our President don't seem 2 have any control over her, otherwise wud hv prevailed on her 2 avoid public presentions until her private teacher does a thorough job.

What good then, does a Goodluck/Sambo ticket portend for us? Nigerians deserve better.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by IYANGBALI: 10:37pm On Mar 23, 2011
pls you peoples should leave our murder alone we her shedrens loves her english like that,englsh or no english our murder remain the 1st lady of naijeria;\.
lung leave Patience Ebele Jonathan tongue tongue tongue
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by medjai(m): 11:04pm On Mar 23, 2011
lol @ "my fellow widows". GEJ's a dead man walking.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by lionness(f): 11:09pm On Mar 23, 2011
oluwabamis:

my name na petience jonatus, you nairaland chindren will be punished when when i return as second time first lady, i and my fellow widows will launch a cyber attack on nairaland. iam watching all of u guys, dont spoil seun's bisness.

This is soooo sick grin! But Haba, we as country in the 21st century shouldnt vote such a complete mediocre wife and husband into power. These f***kerz shame us angry
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by lookmangiw(m): 12:46am On Mar 24, 2011
lionness:

This is soooo sick grin! But Haba, we as country in the 21st century shouldnt vote such a complete mediocre wife and husband into power. These f***kerz shame us angry

thank you my dear brother.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Ibime(m): 12:51am On Mar 24, 2011
@ Otokx and other UNIPORT alumni,

She has a bachelor of education in Biology and Psych.

The biology department is off the hook, but the "education" department is now under scrutiny!!!
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by TheDoc: 12:57am On Mar 24, 2011
me i no understand again ooh!!!! our president na zoologist abi na biologist? some dey confuse me d more.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Fasola256(m): 3:08am On Mar 24, 2011
Dont bother about this but Goodluck called the people of SW rascals simply because ACN are collecting their thrown 4rm PDP.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by spiderman(m): 4:18pm On Mar 24, 2011
peelovee:

grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin distance learning, off campus  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin   grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin

bros who do you think has time to read all this
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by spiderman(m): 4:20pm On Mar 24, 2011
nikkykay:

Most of u castigating this woman are very silly and jobless. She is d first lady by luck and her name will be forever in d record and history of Nigeria.
Those of u who can speak and write good English, where r we going to see your records, whot have u achieved? Most of u will b begging to kiss ds woman backside if u hv d opportunity. Please grow up.
There  is a difference btw good communication skill and being fluent in a particular language. Ability to communication and respondents can understand your message is the best of communication.
She mayn't be able to speak English fluently which may be as a result of speaking pigin english while she was growing up and group up in the south south as well, the only official language wuld be pigin english
If u hv been to the SS, u will knw that these pple no send your official language. I dont mean to abuse  or insult dir level of education, but their education system is not as sound as the one of the SW.
She has developed her tongue and language already, so please leave  her alone and mind your business.
Guys think of how to meet a woman that will be supportive and ladies think of how u will be great and pull better crowd than wot she is pulling now.
Like some one said, if Goodluck shld win the election, prepare to hear more of her bullets or better still flee from the country cos ds woman unlike the previous first ladies whose voices were not heard during dir husbys campaign but only come out whn dey wanted to launch one foundation or the other, wuld say more than more words if she can be doing dat while campaigning for her husby now. grin grin grin grin
bros who go read this tory
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Jovann: 10:23pm On Mar 24, 2011
The " Curious Case Of Dame Payshense Jonathan".
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by realcele: 10:33am On Mar 25, 2011
Extract from Nigeria anthem pre 1978
Nigeria we hail thee,
Our own dear native land,
Though tribes and tongues may differ

and one of the poster says she speaks Igbo and Ijaw very well!!! which to me is great. if you have any problem with her english grammatical error then you might need to inform her and propably advise her to use intepreter as some foreign leaders do. English is not a nigeria language but colonised one.

thanks
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by villa2: 3:43pm On Mar 25, 2011
winkpatience umblerra areyou sure your through with uniport? that you can even pronours umbrella?
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by snowdrops(m): 4:15pm On Mar 25, 2011
are you sure becomrich is not her younger brother??
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Angelaoke: 10:52am On Mar 26, 2011
lbime wht degree do u 've nd were do u work, she cannot speak gud english yet she is in d state house,lbime and d rest of u dat knw how 2 speak were are u,dataki were are u too wht is ur degree or wht degree do u hold,do u think it is who hold a degree dat make it in life well if u ppl think so u should 've a real think,ezeucher jst let dem talk PATIENCE AND JONATHAN dat can't speak gud english are in d state house.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by aribisala0(m): 10:10pm On Mar 27, 2011
this is a tricky one. anyone who has lived in non english speaking industrialized nations e.g. belgium holland germany or japan and even the english speaking ones e.g england where i live will realize that it is hard to find people who speak good english and in my view there is a bit of mental slavery associated with the ideas we hold about speaking english. a lot of dutch and flemish guys i know routinely slaughter the english language and i even see a shift in some nigerians living in flanders. it does not appear important but we are less forgiving when the offender is nigerian. really  with dame jonathan the issue is not about english really. it is communication .she appears ponderous and clumsy and is often unintelligible/inaudible. i rather suspect that to some extent this is related to her weight but also to the fact that she has nothing to say. i did a degree programme where 50% of course work was group work which had to be presented orally. i remember one of the best presenters was a japanese guy haruo. his english was quite bad and heavily accented he would say things like Rondon instead of london but he was charismatic,engaging and very intelligent. when you listened to him you understood what he was trying to say and when he stumbled you readily compensated for him in your minds. there were native english speakers in our group. but i doubt that any one could have communicated as effectively as this guy.believe me we scored the highest in group work.
on a different but related note we must ask ourselves why people can't study algebra and calculus in ijaw if they can do it in serbo-croat we need to build up our indigenous languages and stop celebrating english. if there is any cause of shame in my life it is that i understand only one nigerian language and that poorly. inherent in all the arguments above is the subliminal idea that our languages are less than good. this is a core belief  that is so entrenched that i have heard people in nigeria object when people speak an indigenous language to their children.tragic
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Rossikk(m): 10:15pm On Mar 27, 2011
You know the funny thing? Patience Jonathan's detractors have even made her MORE popular. Look! We're on 6 pages now. grin

Dummies. cheesy
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by mamagee3(f): 10:18pm On Mar 27, 2011
snowdrops:

are you sure becomrich is not her younger brother??
I think so because they have many similarities. . .

I'll be shocked to learn they are not related. grin
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by princeop4u: 1:28am On Mar 28, 2011
@Remi, some words are difficult for some people in some areas to pronounce.

With all due respects, not mocking any tribe:

Lagos kids have problem with "r" "oi e o pe" instead of "ori e o pe".
Ibadan have theirs with "sh" that is why you hear jokes like , kini soo (show) soo suo (show sure)
Delta (Urhobo in particular) don't call  "L" well, they call "Nateef" instead of Lateef
Hausa /Fulani cant call "P" , "feople" instead of people.
Some Calabar guys call "Younson" instead of Johnson

I have heard Ibos call  "umbllera" instead of Umbrella.

so its just accents,

Even there are American and British pronunciations. Anti is called as written by British while Americans call it 'antai". It is preventive in British and preventative in America

Thank you so much for this!
I cant understand why so many people are turning against Goodluck Jonathan of recent, is it because of his wifes grammatical blunders, dishonouring NN24 debate, purported lack of focus, calling the people of SW 'rascals'  or mere strategic orchestration of returning power to the north by some pple?
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by Nobody: 4:12am On Mar 28, 2011
Degree in Biology indeed.

darmmit! I should have done my Bachelor in Nigeria grin Na just to show up smile for tisha grin
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by villa2: 9:07am On Mar 28, 2011
i beg people make u na alow dis woman rest u na no say english is not her language and nothing join biology with english she is only tryn to call people under one umblerra.
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by ow11(m): 8:25am On Apr 01, 2011
Look at all these guys wey dey kpoa steady for NL dey shout Umblerra!!!

Patience Jonathan is a very good representation of a typical Nigerian. For the first time, we are shown ourselves and it is embarassing us. To all of you that copied in exams or 'helped' people pass exams, I say WAKA and should be ashamed of themselves for mocking our 'DAME' embarassed

As a people, we should not allow a Patience J to happen and until we frown upon cheating in exams, this will continue to happen. I am proud of her because despite her limitations, she wants to be heard! Over 70% of Nigerians speak like this woman. See our SE team or NYSC members

A rotten tree can bring good fruit. Get off your high horses people, leave the 'Dame' alone and frown upon exam malpractice!
Re: Patience "Umblerra" Jonathan Has A Degree In Biology! by gadogado(m): 8:33am On Apr 01, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why We Bombed UN Building – Boko Haram / Display The Intelligence Of The Politics Section: Answer These Questions. / Ize-iyamu Tells Tribunal To Declare Him Winner Of Edo Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.