Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? (4242 Views)

Who Created God? / What created God ? A Response To Atheist Question / Who Created God? - An Invalid Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2020
shadeyinka:

The Universe by definition is everywhere including spaces where we have planets, stars, galaxies etc.
The Space by definition is everywhere out of the earth's atmosphere

In other words, you are defining nothing/space as an illusion of emptiness!

However, if you agree with the definition of SOMETHING/ANYTHING that has mass and occupies space, then nothing is actually a lack of SOMETHING/ANYTHING!

Then nothing cannot contain anything!
NOTE:
I agree that we define emptiness from different point of views.
A cup is always full of air (except in a vacuum) yet we call it empty because we expect a cup to contain either solids or liquids. We treat a gas tank differently though. A gas tank is not empty if we can get out gases from inside it.

However, true emptiness is a lack of anything that has mass and occupy space!
Since nothing can't exist,do you believe in infinity?
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by shadeyinka(m): 7:48pm On Dec 12, 2020
HellVictorinho:

Since nothing can't exist,do you believe in infinity?
Infinity is a mathematical concept for values too small or values too large for attributing numerical values.
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2020
shadeyinka:

Infinity is a mathematical concept for values too small or values too large for attributing numerical values.
I'm talking philosophy.
Do you believe there are infinite things?
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by orisa37: 6:57am On Dec 13, 2020
N A T U R E.
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by shadeyinka(m): 7:16am On Dec 13, 2020
HellVictorinho:

I'm talking philosophy.
We've am talking logic and science!

Philosophy should not contradict either!
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 13, 2020
shadeyinka:

We've am talking logic and science!

Philosophy should not contradict either!
I want a yes or a no.
Do you believe there are things infinitely beyond the universe?
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by shadeyinka(m): 7:53am On Dec 13, 2020
HellVictorinho:

I want a yes or a no.
Do you believe there are things infinitely beyond the universe?
I have answered your question already:
Infinity is a mathematical concept for values too small or values too large for attributing numerical values

Infinity is just a way of owning up to the fact that our abilities cannot grasp the mathematical value of the description at hand.

A scientist is able to ascribe values to the total number of water molecules in a cup of water: while a non scientist will probably say the number is uncountable(infinity).

In other words, its not a YES or NO answer: it is a relative question.
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 13, 2020
shadeyinka:

I have answered your question already:
Infinity is a mathematical concept for values too small or values too large for attributing numerical values

Infinity is just a way of owning up to the fact that our abilities cannot grasp the mathematical value of the description at hand.

A scientist is able to ascribe values to the total number of water molecules in a cup of water: while a non scientist will probably say the number is uncountable(infinity).

In other words, its not a YES or NO answer: it is a relative question.
You're dodging the point.
I am talking about what exists outside the universe but you keep talking about what exists inside it.
There are no mathematical values for things that are not limited or things that exist outside the universe.
A number is used to represent a limit.
There are no numbers in the absence of limits.
Ultimately, time and space don't affect the existence of the unspecified.
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by shadeyinka(m): 8:16am On Dec 13, 2020
HellVictorinho:

You're dodging the point.
I am talking about what exists outside the universe but you keep talking about what exists inside it.
There are no mathematical values for things that are not limited or things that exist outside the universe.
A number is used to represent a limit.
There are no numbers in the absence of limits.
Ultimately, time and space don't affect the existence of the unspecified.
I don't believe that the number of stars in the universe is infinity: however I know that they are very large and beyond the frontiers of knowledge.

Is the diameter of the universe infinity? No one knows for our universe may simply be a subset of another universe.

In both cases above, it's the TRUTH/FACTS vs LIMITATION human knowledge
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 13, 2020
shadeyinka:

I don't believe that the number of stars in the universe is infinity: however I know that they are very large and beyond the frontiers of knowledge.

Is the diameter of the universe infinity? No one knows for our universe may simply be a subset of another universe.

I am not talking about the diameter of the universe!!!!!!!!!
Besides,if the universe really exists as SOMETHING or a group of things,then it has limits/boundaries.
But I'm actually talking about what exists OUTSIDE it!!!!!!!!!!!
The stars also have limits since they exist within SOMETHING!!!!!!!!
But you have to tell me what you think concerning the OUTSIDE because the universe cannot be a subset of another universe!!!!!!!
The set theory cannot be applied here!!!!!
It's about reasoning!!!!!!!!!
So,tell me what you see outside a limited universe!!!!!!!!!
If SOMETHING such as the universe exists,then it's also limited!!!!
So,there must be other things outside it!!!!!!!
Although I can't specify what exists outside the universe, it's impossible for NOTHING to exist!!!!!
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 13, 2020
shadeyinka:

I never said the number of bla bla bla is infinity.
I only said that numbers are used to express the limit of SOMETHING like the universe..
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by shadeyinka(m): 8:51am On Dec 13, 2020
HellVictorinho:

I never said the number of bla bla bla is infinity.
I only said that numbers are used to express the limit of SOMETHING like the universe..
I didn't say you did!
I was only giving you an example of why a YES or NO answer is inappropriate
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by shadeyinka(m): 8:54am On Dec 13, 2020
HellVictorinho:

I am not talking about the diameter of the universe!!!!!!!!!
Besides,if the universe really exists as SOMETHING or a group of things,then it has limits/boundaries.
But I'm actually talking about what exists OUTSIDE it!!!!!!!!!!!
The stars also have limits since they exist within SOMETHING!!!!!!!!
But you have to tell me what you think concerning the OUTSIDE because the universe cannot be a subset of another universe!!!!!!!
The set theory cannot be applied here!!!!!
It's about reasoning!!!!!!!!!
So,tell me what you see outside a limited universe!!!!!!!!!
If SOMETHING such as the universe exists,then it's also limited!!!!
So,there must be other things outside it!!!!!!!
Although I can't specify what exists outside the universe, it's impossible for NOTHING to exist!!!!!
One has to be outside the universe to see the limit of the universe or to encounter a barrier within the universe.
None of these two has been established till today!

Only God can be outside the Universe, for in Him we live and move and have our being!
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 13, 2020
shadeyinka:

One has to be outside the universe to see the limit of the universe or to encounter a barrier within the universe.
None of these two has been established till today!

Only God can be outside the Universe, for in Him we live and move and have our being!
I don't have to be outside the universe to know it has limits as SOMETHING!!!!!!!
If it has no limit as SOMETHING,then it doesn't really exist as SOMETHING!!!!!!!
Therefore,it doesn't make sense to say the universe exists as SOMETHING when you don't believe it has limits!!!!!!
Ultimately,there must be other things outside the universe towards infinity!!!!!!!!
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2020
shadeyinka:

I didn't say you did!
I was only giving you an example of why a YES or NO answer is inappropriate
Your reason wasn't good enough!!!!!!
You don't have to be inconclusive when a question is given the way I did!!!!!!
I have elaborated towards bla bla bla towards clarity!!!!!!
In other words,I have done what I have to do so that you will be able to say yes or no!!!!
If you believe there are things outside the universe and these things don't make up another SOMETHING,say it!!!!
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by shadeyinka(m): 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2020
HellVictorinho:

I don't have to be outside the universe to know it has limits as SOMETHING!!!!!!!
If it has no limit as SOMETHING,then it doesn't really exist as SOMETHING!!!!!!!
Therefore,it doesn't make sense to say the universe exists as SOMETHING when you don't believe it has limits!!!!!!
Ultimately,there must be other things outside the universe towards infinity!!!!!!!!
What then is outside our universe?
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by shadeyinka(m): 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2020
HellVictorinho:

Your reason wasn't good enough!!!!!!
You don't have to be inconclusive when a question is given the way I did!!!!!!
I have elaborated towards bla bla bla towards clarity!!!!!!
In other words,I have done what I have to do so that you will be able to say yes or no!!!!
If you believe there are things outside the universe and these things don't make up another SOMETHING,say it!!!!
Does every question have a Yes or No Answer?
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 13, 2020
shadeyinka:

What then is outside our universe?
Other things towards infinity towards the absence of NOTHING.
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 13, 2020
shadeyinka:

Does every question have a Yes or No Answer?
Ok, I have heard you.
You can't answer with a yes or a no.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

There Is No Black Jesus / What Happened to Your Ancestors Who Didn't Know Christ? / What Are The Similarities Between Atheists And Muslims On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.