Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? (4236 Views)

Who Created God? / What created God ? A Response To Atheist Question / Who Created God? - An Invalid Question (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by MuttleyLaff: 7:59am On Dec 09, 2020
shadeyinka:
Even in the kitchen, a Food may be prepared expensively, perfect, aromatic, delicious and appetizing: however, it it is contaminated by a drop of poison or filth (excrement), it is no longer fit for consumption but for the refuse dump.

Such is the SIN NATURE of man which makes the Food unfit for the use of the Creator!
Exactamundo, only that Martian hasn't a rubbish can, dustbin, garbage bin nor refuse bin, lmso

1 Like

Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by oluwaahmed: 8:09am On Dec 09, 2020
shadeyinka:

I know my God: Jehovah God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and I know my Saviour: the WORD who became flesh and made the ultimate sacrifice with His own blood for my soul.
My security is thus guaranteed.
They are the ones who need to worry
So jehova(who isn't a thing because he is not matter) became matter (jesus) and died to rescue his creations from sin? So is sin greater than the creator, that he had to sacrifice himself?
Pls I am only asking for knowledge purposes not to fight...

2 Likes

Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by shadeyinka(m): 8:15am On Dec 09, 2020
oluwaahmed:

So jehova(who isn't a thing because he is not matter) became matter (jesus) and died to rescue his creations from sin? So is sin greater than the creator, that he had to sacrifice himself?
I can understand your position perfectly.

To a PIG, wallowing in the filthy mud mean nothing serious!
To a DOG, eating feaces laden food mean nothing serious!
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by oluwaahmed: 8:26am On Dec 09, 2020
shadeyinka:

Without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sin.
Ultimate is not in terms of physical life but of the humiliation and debasement of the "Source of Life" Himself by his mortal creation. It wouldn't cost Him anything to reboot the universe yet He took the unthinkable route because of His love.
The scripture says: "What is man that you are mindful of him..?"

Find anything that could compare with that!

The issue with this is that your demiurge has always been requiring blood sacrifices for the remission of sins.
Now the question is this, why would an all powerful God require blood sacrifices of remission of sins? Did he create sin? Or is sin so above him that he had to take on a state of matter to sacrifice himself?
Also when u say man was made of the "image" of God an invisible being cannot have an image or its image would be invisible, therefore anything that has an image was also made out of the image of something.
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by sonmvayina(m): 9:14am On Dec 09, 2020
shadeyinka:

I hope you can see how silly your rebuttal is?

Since you are coming from the assumption that God exists but you are only questioning his ability:
You just said that God gave us the ability to make choices to believe the absurdity that God made a woman pregnant: Is this an IMPOSSIBILITY for the Creator of Everything?

Yes...a big impossibility, God is not a magiacian. He has already set his laws in motion. Before a woman can become pregnant a fertile male sperm needs to be avaliable..and the woman needs to be ovulating...anything out side of this is impissible...even if the woman eats all the shawama in shoprite..she wont be pregnant..

Comprende, God is the creator and outside of creation. Not part if it..just like steve job cant be part of the iphone..
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by shadeyinka2: 10:47am On Dec 09, 2020
oluwaahmed:

A reply to this got me a ban from nairalands spambots.

The issue with this is that your demiurge has always been requiring blood sacrifices for the remission of sins.
Now the question is this, why would an all powerful God require blood sacrifices of remission of sins? Did he create sin? Or is sin so above him that he had to take on a state of matter to sacrifice himself?
Also when u say man was made of the "image" of God an invisible being cannot have an image or its image would be invisible, therefore anything that has an image was also made out of the image of something.

If Jehovah is made of matter, then it is logical that he must be subject to the laws of physics and chemistry. But, He is not made up of matter and this has constituted a problem for you.

You seem not to comprehend what sin is!
You seem to me to be a muslim or former muslim. Is this correct?
Sin is the ultimate form of expression of disregard for the Authority of the Creator and His laws.

The only penalty for SIN is DEATH (Disconnection/Separation from the Source of Life) through execution and ALL sinners irrespective of who they are or the "magnitude" of their sin must pay the ULTIMATE price.

The full shedding of blood is a physical evidence that judgement has been served. Before the coming of Christ, God asked the Isrealites to sacrifice a goat (sin offering) as a temporal emblem that punishment for sin has been served (scapegoat). Since every human being is born with the Sin Nature (instinctive nature to commit sin), no human being can pay for the sin of another human being. The only sacrifice worthy is one who is truly perfect: God himself is the only perfect being.
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by shadeyinka2: 10:55am On Dec 09, 2020
sonmvayina:

Yes...a big impossibility, God is not a magiacian. He has already set his laws in motion. Before a woman can become pregnant a fertile male sperm needs to be avaliable..and the woman needs to be ovulating...anything out side of this is impissible...even if the woman eats all the shawama in shoprite..she wont be pregnant..

Comprende, God is the creator and outside of creation. Not part if it..just like steve job cant be part of the iphone..
Really!?
What then is a miracle other than the suspension of natural laws for the will of God!
So, to you, God is Almighty BUT there are some things He is powerless to do?

How come God is fully present everywhere in space yet He is just one person?
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by sonmvayina(m): 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2020
shadeyinka2:

Really!?
What then is a miracle other than the suspension of natural laws for the will of God!
So, to you, God is Almighty BUT there are some things He is powerless to do?

How come God is fully present everywhere in space yet He is just one person?

God is not a person...you need to unlearn those bull shiit you where thought..God is the universal divine conciouseness..the source of everything...Not a magician with a wand.

1 Like

Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by shadeyinka2: 2:40pm On Dec 09, 2020
sonmvayina:

God is not a person...you need to unlearn those bull shiit you where thought..God is the universal divine conciouseness..the source of everything...Not a magician with a wand.
Let me check: is this a fairy tale?
Did God divide the Red Sea for the children of Israel to pass through on dry land?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by kkins25(m): 2:44pm On Dec 09, 2020
shadeyinka:

I think its a free world!
the universe did not come out of "nothing". The universe is as you know it now, even that which is in you is the same as that which exists and makes up the universe. Dont worry, Im pretty sure the secrets of the grand unified theory would be revealed.

1 Like

Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by kkins25(m): 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2020
sonmvayina:

explain please
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by kkins25(m): 2:55pm On Dec 09, 2020
shadeyinka2:

Let me check: is this a fairy tale?
Did God divide the Red Sea for the children of Israel to pass through on dry land?
me waiting for budaatum to give the "alternate theory"?
me also waiting for muttleylaff to tell me this kinds of miracles have been accomplished by men.

1 Like

Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by oluwaahmed: 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2020
shadeyinka2:

A reply to this got me a ban from nairalands spambots.

If Jehovah is made of matter, then it is logical that he must be subject to the laws of physics and chemistry. But, He is not made up of matter and this has constituted a problem for you.

You seem not to comprehend what sin is!
You seem to me to be a muslim or former muslim. Is this correct?
Sin is the ultimate form of expression of disregard for the Authority of the Creator and His laws.

The only penalty for SIN is DEATH (Disconnection/Separation from the Source of Life) through execution and ALL sinners irrespective of who they are or the "magnitude" of their sin must pay the ULTIMATE price.

The full shedding of blood is a physical evidence that judgement has been served. Before the coming of Christ, God asked the Isrealites to sacrifice a goat (sin offering) as a temporal emblem that punishment for sin has been served (scapegoat). Since every human being is born with the Sin Nature (instinctive nature to commit sin), no human being can pay for the sin of another human being. The only sacrifice worthy is one who is truly perfect: God himself is the only perfect being.

I think its more about knowing the truth than about religion. But if you must know I am gnostic Christian. I belive Jesus is the son of the true God (like we all are)who is different from the creator God. I couldn't have left Islam for contemporary christianity cos they are almost the same thing. Their God's are angry, require blood sacrifice, and jealous - hence their numerous wars (you can find records of this in the book of the wars of Yahweh)
Back to topic...
Sin is transgression of the law 1Jn 3 vs 4
Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression Rom 4 vs15
Now since jehova delights in sacrificial blood spillage as a means of redemption, he doesn't seem so different from the gods of the other religions or our forefathers.

Where is Otem?
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by oluwaahmed: 3:47pm On Dec 09, 2020
sonmvayina:

Exactly what I was trying to say. By saying man was created out of the image of God, is limiting God to matter. Meaning he has a form. Now if they claim that God is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent, how then can be confined by matter to the point he has an image which can be replicated?
God can only be those 3 qualities because he is the universal divine consciousness existing all around us not matter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by shadeyinka2: 3:57pm On Dec 09, 2020
kkins25:
me also waiting for muttleylaff to tell me this kinds of miracles have been accomplished by men.
keep waiting!
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by shadeyinka2: 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
oluwaahmed:

I think its more about knowing the truth than about religion. But if you must know I am gnostic Christian. I belive Jesus is the son of the true God (like we all are)who is different from the creator God. I couldn't have left Islam for contemporary christianity cos they are almost the same thing. Their God's are angry, require blood sacrifice, and jealous - hence their numerous wars (you can find records of this in the book of the wars of Yahweh)
Back to topic...
Can anyone really know the truth about God unless such hears of it directly or indirectly from God Himself?

Islam doesn't know anything about blood sacrifice. The closest they have to sacrifice is when they celebrate Eid al-Adha where a Ram is sacrificed in acknowledgement of the obedience of Ibrahim in exchange for sacrificing his son. But they don't know why God requires a blood sacrifice at all. Its just an imitation of what was historically done.

You protest that God cannot be jealous forgetting that we were created in his image.
You protest that God cannot be angry forgetting that we were created in his image.

Jealousy or Anger could be positive or negative depending on how it is used.
LEt me ask you two basic questions:
1. You saw your Fiancee who you loved with a passion deeply kissing a former boyfriend: will you feel jealous?
(don't forget she is a freewill to do as she wills, your love gives her freedom of expression)
2. Some teenage neighborhood boys beat up your beloved little sister mercilessly with wounds all over her body: will you be angry?

Jesus was angry with those who were buying and selling in the temple at Jerusalem: was that an evil emotion?

oluwaahmed:

Sin is transgression of the law 1Jn 3 vs 4
Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression Rom 4 vs15
Now since jehova delights in sacrificial blood spillage as a means of redemption, he doesn't seem so different from the gods of the other religions or our forefathers.
Where is Otem?
Your argument is like:
Since fake money (dollar, pound,naira) exists, then the original is also a fake!

Since you claim to be a gnostic christian, how about
Revelation 13:8
All inhabitants of the earth will worship the beast--all whose names have not been written in the book of life belonging to the Lamb that was slain from the creation/foundations of the world.

There is something really special and important with the blood, no wonder satan also desires it too
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 09, 2020
shadeyinka:

God is Light simply means: Light is the nature and character of God.

Are you using light as a metaphor here or is it some other kind of light only you and God are familiar with?

shadeyinka:

as Light feed the physical universe energy, God feeds all existence with energy!

What do you mean light feed the physical universe energy? Is it some kind of scientific theorem or just your opinion?
What do you mean God feeds all existence with energy? Is existence different from the universe? How?

shadeyinka:

as Light illuminates the physical world, God illuminates all existence!

How does God illuminate all existence? Is there a way to witness this illumination?

shadeyinka:

as without Light is darkness, without God will be darkness of existence

What does darkness of existence mean and how would we

shadeyinka:

as without Light life wouldn't exist, without God all kinds of life wouldn't exist

shadeyinka:

as without Light life wouldn't exist, without God all kinds of life wouldn't exist

Life can and does exist without light and you have to sufficiently define and describe God before you can reasonably claim that it created life.
A planet revolving around a black hole outside the event horizon could produce life without light. Given the vastness of the universe life could exist that is unlike anything we know.

"All life requires energy. Humans and other animals get energy from what they eat. Plants don't eat; they make their own food. The same it true for the microbes that live around hydrothermal vents. Plants use energy from the sun to make sugars, through a process called photosynthesis. But, for hydrothermal vent communities at the bottom of the ocean, this is not an option. No sunlight reaches that depth. Instead microbes get their energy from different chemical in hydrothermal fluid, through a process called chemosynthesis.

Hydrothermal fluid that comes out of vents contains hydrogen sulfide. Microbes that live around the vents take up hydrogen sulfide, oxygen, and carbon dioxide from the water. Then, the microbes get their energy when the break down the hydrogen sulfide. They use this energy and oxygen to convert carbon dioxide into sugars. At the end of this process, the microbes release sulfur into the water."

shadeyinka:

GOD is NOT the physical light consisting of electromagnetic energy or photons!

Okay, what kind of light is he?
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 09, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Exactamundo, only that Martian hasn't a rubbish can, dustbin, garbage bin nor refuse bin, lmso

But I have a recyling bin, nay a recycling factory. That's why I can take your treasure, trash it, recycle it, and feed it back to you.
In the holy name of the Quadrinity, may the Force be with you!!
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by LikeAking: 7:40pm On Dec 09, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Like iPhone created you!

Man created iphone, Man created God.

Its all a big fiction.
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:50pm On Dec 09, 2020
LikeAking:

Man created iphone, Man created God.

Its all a big fiction.

Man also created himself and the world he lives in so no problems, man can solve All be it bad governance and Boko slittings, plagues etc
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by LikeAking: 8:17pm On Dec 09, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Man also created himself and the world he lives in so no problems, man can solve All be it bad governance and Boko slittings, plagues etc

The question is who created God?

Leave man out of this for now.
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by budaatum: 8:39pm On Dec 09, 2020
kkins25:
shadeyinka2:

keep waiting!
You will kindly forgive me. I did a 10km walk today and exhausted myself and can not recall buda offering to give an "alternate theory", and the only place I've found buda to be in connection with the phrase you quote and suggest buda made is here

If you could kindly remind me where buda made such an offer however buda would gladly oblige.

Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:54pm On Dec 09, 2020
LikeAking:

The question is who created God?

Leave man out of this for now.

I have completely answered this question up here and you Camrys do not have any Good Reason for wanting to know how your Creator came to about!
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by FatherOfJesus: 11:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
shadeyinka:

The question has been answered!
For things to exist at all, there has NOT to be emptiness in the first place.
The universe has an origin and the universe is the origin of everything we know in existence: therefore, there must be something/someone before the universe. QED!
we don’t know if the universe has an origin.
We don’t know if the universe was created, same as your God.

If the universe has to be created, so is God
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by MuttleyLaff: 5:16am On Dec 10, 2020
kkins25:
me also waiting for MuttleyLaff to tell me this kinds of miracles have been accomplished by men.
[img]https://i./1c9X.gif[/img]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by MuttleyLaff: 5:47am On Dec 10, 2020
shadeyinka:
I know my God: Jehovah God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and I know my Saviour: the WORD who became flesh and made the ultimate sacrifice with His own blood for my soul.
My security is thus guaranteed.
They are the ones who need to worry

oluwaahmed:
So jehova(who isn't a thing because he is not matter) became matter (jesus) and died to rescue his creations from sin? So is sin greater than the Creator, that he had to sacrifice Himself?
@oluwaahmed, if you want something done right, what do you often do, hmm?

Of course, you DIY, you do it yourself. You do thing yourself. Sin is not greater than the Creator, the Creator however so much loved the word that He, in the person of His only begotten Son, who happens to be God Incarnate, surrendered Himself up for sacrifice so that whoever that believes, to have salvation and be saved from eternal damnation

Creation has and/or had to go through the process of rescue from sin and come to a time when there will be no more sin, no more sickness, no more misery, no more hardship, no more affliction, no more sorrows, tears, blood and sweats, no more death et cetera.

The templates, meaning Adam and Eve became corrupted, hence another template is needed to correct the inherited bugs, flaws, dents, kinks, errors, defects, damages, faults, failings, et cetera in the A&E template.
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by MuttleyLaff: 5:58am On Dec 10, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Martian:
But I have a recyling bin, nay a recycling factory. That's why I can take your treasure, trash it, recycle it, and feed it back to you.
You might have a recycling bin, but the fact remains that you dont have a rubbish can, dustbin, garbage bin nor refuse bin, lmso

Come to think of it, your beloved recycle bin's content, at a point, will get permanently deleted by you, the user, lmso

Martian:
... In the holy name of the Quadrinity, may the Force be with you!!
Poppycock. Smh sigh. KMFT.
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by oluwaahmed: 7:18am On Dec 10, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

@oluwaahmed, if you want something done right, what do you often do, hmm?

Of course, you DIY, you do it yourself. You do thing yourself. Sin is not greater than the Creator, the Creator however so much loved the word that He, in the person of His only begotten Son, who happens to be God Incarnate, surrendered Himself up for sacrifice so that whoever that believes, to have salvation and be saved from eternal damnation

Creation has and/or had to go through the process of rescue from sin and come to a time when there will be no more sin, no more sickness, no more misery, no more hardship, no more affliction, no more sorrows, tears, blood and sweats, no more death et cetera.

The templates, meaning Adam and Eve became corrupted, hence another template is needed to correct the inherited bugs, flaws, dents, kinks, errors, defects, damages, faults, failings, et cetera in the A&E template.

Sin is not greater than the Creator, the Creator however so much loved the word that He, in the person of His only begotten Son, who happens to be God Incarnate, surrendered Himself up for sacrifice so that whoever that believes, to have salvation and be saved from eternal damnation
This is the difference between gnosticism and christianity. We believe that although Jesus came from the eternal father (who is dft from the creator God of the.universe) he's death is not a means to salvation but his life. He's life because while on earth, he thought hes desciples and followers how to transcend(ressurect) after death which he did as evidence to them and why he appeared after his resurrection and stayed 550 days with them(lol, this part was also removed from your bible because in those 550 days he rethought his desciples the deep spiritual meaning of all his sayings and parables and what happens after death and how their spirit can overcome death to transcend to the light of the eternal father- he broke down the process for them (mad o))This is the gnosis (knowledge) that Jesus brought with him from the barbelo and its this knowledge that is the key to the salvation of mankind, because the eternal father is all knowing and does not require blood sacrifice for anything. Its a pity that gospels and scriptures which were initially part of the bible were removed after the nicene creed and first century Christian sects were hunted and killed as heretics by the Catholic Church, just as Jesus was killed by the jewish authority of his time for impacting a different type of theology (e.g working & healing during the sabbath)
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by MuttleyLaff: 7:32am On Dec 10, 2020
oluwaahmed:
"Sin is not greater than the Creator, the Creator however so much loved the word that He, in the person of His only begotten Son, who happens to be God Incarnate, surrendered Himself up for sacrifice so that whoever that believes, to have salvation and be saved from eternal damnation" quoting MuttleyLaff

This is the difference between gnosticism and christianity.
I am not holding brief for gnosticism and/or christianity

oluwaahmed:
We believe that although Jesus came from the eternal father (who is dft from the creator God of the.universe) He's death is not a means to salvation but his life.
1/ Are you able to born yourself?
2/ Can you emanate to become a physically born son, separated from you and concurrently existing as you are right now?
3/ Can you simultaneously exist in two places at the same time?
4/ Think of God, do you believe the above three, are something beyond God able to do, hmm?

oluwaahmed:
He's life because while on earth, he thought hes desciples and followers how to transcend(ressurect) after death which he did as evidence to them and why he appeared after his resurrection and stayed 550 days with them(lol, this part was also removed from your bible because in those 550 days he rethought his desciples the deep spiritual meaning of all his sayings and parables and what happens after death and how their spirit can overcome death to transcend to the light of the eternal father)This is the gnosis (knowledge) that Jesus brought with him from the barbelo. Its a pity that gospels and scriptures that were initially part of the bible were removed after the nicene creed and first century Christian sects were hunted and killed as heretics by the Catholic Church, just as Jesus was killed by the jewish authority of his time for impacting a different type of theology (e.g working during the sabbath)
1/ Who did John the Baptist say Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ is and what did he say was Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ' purpose on earth?
2/ What core message did Yahshua Ha Mashiah aka Jesus Christ preach, announce and/or declared?
Re: If Nothing Can Exist Without A Creator, So What Created God? by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 10, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

You might have a recycling bin, but the fact remains that you dont have a rubbish can, dustbin, garbage bin nor refuse bin, lmso

Come to think of it, your beloved recycle bin's content, at a point, will get permanently deleted by you, the user, lmso

Poppycock. Smh sigh. KMFT.

Maybe you delete what you write because it’s trash. I don’t do stop projecting.
Poppycock is an apt description if your beliefs. Lmso

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

If Logicboy Was Broke!!! / The Four-legged Flying Insect Bible(leviticus 11:20-23). / A Catholic Priest Comes Out As Gay Before His Congregation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.